Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 198 99 100150 Next
05 Jan 2022, 7:12 pm #1,961
(03 Jan 2022, 10:49 pm)Jimmi I'm proposing GNE run multiple long distance services to/from Newton Aycliffe to the likes of York, Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester etc seem as we're suggesting stuff that offers little benefit to anyone and be commercial suicide

Seriously though, think 684 is at least partially funded (unsure if the Newcastle end is) and unsure why on earth the 74 would justify Versas when it doesn't even fill a Solo.

Is there anything with an X prefix that's actually an express these days in fairness?

Versa 5379 on the final trip each way on the 74 this afternoon. An Orbit StreetLite based at Hexham. Solos days numbered?
OrangeArrow49
05 Jan 2022, 7:12 pm #1,961

(03 Jan 2022, 10:49 pm)Jimmi I'm proposing GNE run multiple long distance services to/from Newton Aycliffe to the likes of York, Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester etc seem as we're suggesting stuff that offers little benefit to anyone and be commercial suicide

Seriously though, think 684 is at least partially funded (unsure if the Newcastle end is) and unsure why on earth the 74 would justify Versas when it doesn't even fill a Solo.

Is there anything with an X prefix that's actually an express these days in fairness?

Versa 5379 on the final trip each way on the 74 this afternoon. An Orbit StreetLite based at Hexham. Solos days numbered?

Adrian

05 Jan 2022, 7:28 pm #1,962
(05 Jan 2022, 6:17 pm)OrangeArrow49 There were 3 passengers on at Kingston Park, including myself. 25 passengers on arrival into Wallsend Town Centre. 40 passengers or so in total across the journey. From Kingston Park the other passenger alighted in Killingworth. Passengers boarded in Benton, Seaton Burn and Wideopen. A passenger also got off at Quorum Business Park.

I've used the 42A a small number of times, but only ever from Wallsend or Killingworth to Kingston Park and it's usually been empty for most of the route. Killingworth from Wallsend gets a small number of passengers.

I'd have thought those Solos would have been bursting at the seams in and out of Kingston Park, given all the 'potential' there is suggested on here. Big Grin

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
05 Jan 2022, 7:28 pm #1,962

(05 Jan 2022, 6:17 pm)OrangeArrow49 There were 3 passengers on at Kingston Park, including myself. 25 passengers on arrival into Wallsend Town Centre. 40 passengers or so in total across the journey. From Kingston Park the other passenger alighted in Killingworth. Passengers boarded in Benton, Seaton Burn and Wideopen. A passenger also got off at Quorum Business Park.

I've used the 42A a small number of times, but only ever from Wallsend or Killingworth to Kingston Park and it's usually been empty for most of the route. Killingworth from Wallsend gets a small number of passengers.

I'd have thought those Solos would have been bursting at the seams in and out of Kingston Park, given all the 'potential' there is suggested on here. Big Grin

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

peter

05 Jan 2022, 8:56 pm #1,963
(05 Jan 2022, 7:12 pm)OrangeArrow49 Versa 5379 on the final trip each way on the 74 this afternoon. An Orbit StreetLite based at Hexham. Solos days numbered?

You'd assume the Orbit Streetlite is on loan rather than a permanent allocation (perhaps covering for 5508 which hasn't been in service for a while according to BusTimes).

I think there are a few factors suggesting that the current Solo's won't be running out of Hexham for much longer. Firstly if GNE are successful in their ZEBRA bus fund bid then they will be replaced with electric vehicles. Secondly, service 74 at least will require a Euro 6 vehicle as it goes into Newcastle (and GNE don't seem to be upgrading any Solo's to Euro 6) and potentially (though I'm purely speculating) the contracts for the Hexham services may stipulate Euro 6 vehicles going forwards in which case the Solo's will almost certainly be replaced. I'd imagine, this will allow some of the older SR's to be withdrawn now they're pushing on 10 years.
peter
05 Jan 2022, 8:56 pm #1,963

(05 Jan 2022, 7:12 pm)OrangeArrow49 Versa 5379 on the final trip each way on the 74 this afternoon. An Orbit StreetLite based at Hexham. Solos days numbered?

You'd assume the Orbit Streetlite is on loan rather than a permanent allocation (perhaps covering for 5508 which hasn't been in service for a while according to BusTimes).

I think there are a few factors suggesting that the current Solo's won't be running out of Hexham for much longer. Firstly if GNE are successful in their ZEBRA bus fund bid then they will be replaced with electric vehicles. Secondly, service 74 at least will require a Euro 6 vehicle as it goes into Newcastle (and GNE don't seem to be upgrading any Solo's to Euro 6) and potentially (though I'm purely speculating) the contracts for the Hexham services may stipulate Euro 6 vehicles going forwards in which case the Solo's will almost certainly be replaced. I'd imagine, this will allow some of the older SR's to be withdrawn now they're pushing on 10 years.

S813 FVK

05 Jan 2022, 9:03 pm #1,964
(05 Jan 2022, 8:56 pm)peter I'd imagine, this will allow some of the older SR's to be withdrawn or move into the driver training fleet (it's mentioned on the GNE Fleet Archive that Solo's are to become the main training vehicle).

I'd hope not.

Even if drivers start out typically driving minibus routes, learning and passing the test in a full size vehicle seems sensible longer term.

Fair enough use the Solos afterwards to allow the adjustment between the door forward and wheel forward configurations.
S813 FVK
05 Jan 2022, 9:03 pm #1,964

(05 Jan 2022, 8:56 pm)peter I'd imagine, this will allow some of the older SR's to be withdrawn or move into the driver training fleet (it's mentioned on the GNE Fleet Archive that Solo's are to become the main training vehicle).

I'd hope not.

Even if drivers start out typically driving minibus routes, learning and passing the test in a full size vehicle seems sensible longer term.

Fair enough use the Solos afterwards to allow the adjustment between the door forward and wheel forward configurations.

Jimmi

05 Jan 2022, 9:04 pm #1,965
Seemingly down to operational issues, 670 was sat just outside of Maften (Hexham bound) for nearly an hour and likely was all that was avaliable to go on the 74 after 635 replaced 5379 on the X84/X85 at around 14:30 with 668 also being on X84/X85 for most of the day.
Jimmi
05 Jan 2022, 9:04 pm #1,965

Seemingly down to operational issues, 670 was sat just outside of Maften (Hexham bound) for nearly an hour and likely was all that was avaliable to go on the 74 after 635 replaced 5379 on the X84/X85 at around 14:30 with 668 also being on X84/X85 for most of the day.

05 Jan 2022, 9:09 pm #1,966
(05 Jan 2022, 8:56 pm)peter You'd assume the Orbit Streetlite is on loan rather than a permanent allocation (perhaps covering for 5508 which hasn't been in service for a while according to BusTimes).

I think there are a few factors suggesting that the current Solo's won't be running out of Hexham for much longer. Firstly if GNE are successful in their ZEBRA bus fund bid then they will be replaced with electric vehicles. Secondly, service 74 at least will require a Euro 6 vehicle as it goes into Newcastle (and GNE don't seem to be upgrading any Solo's to Euro 6) and potentially (though I'm purely speculating) the contracts for the Hexham services may stipulate Euro 6 vehicles going forwards in which case the Solo's will almost certainly be replaced. I'd imagine, this will allow some of the older SR's to be withdrawn or move into the driver training fleet (it's mentioned on the GNE Fleet Archive that Solo's are to become the main training vehicle).

Yes, the Orbit Streetlite will be on loan to Hexham, but I think it might run on service 74, but I could be wrong and it could be covering for 5508, maybe on the X84/X85.

Interesting times ahead for Hexham depot, could GNE lose the Hexham contracts this year realistically?
OrangeArrow49
05 Jan 2022, 9:09 pm #1,966

(05 Jan 2022, 8:56 pm)peter You'd assume the Orbit Streetlite is on loan rather than a permanent allocation (perhaps covering for 5508 which hasn't been in service for a while according to BusTimes).

I think there are a few factors suggesting that the current Solo's won't be running out of Hexham for much longer. Firstly if GNE are successful in their ZEBRA bus fund bid then they will be replaced with electric vehicles. Secondly, service 74 at least will require a Euro 6 vehicle as it goes into Newcastle (and GNE don't seem to be upgrading any Solo's to Euro 6) and potentially (though I'm purely speculating) the contracts for the Hexham services may stipulate Euro 6 vehicles going forwards in which case the Solo's will almost certainly be replaced. I'd imagine, this will allow some of the older SR's to be withdrawn or move into the driver training fleet (it's mentioned on the GNE Fleet Archive that Solo's are to become the main training vehicle).

Yes, the Orbit Streetlite will be on loan to Hexham, but I think it might run on service 74, but I could be wrong and it could be covering for 5508, maybe on the X84/X85.

Interesting times ahead for Hexham depot, could GNE lose the Hexham contracts this year realistically?

peter

05 Jan 2022, 9:11 pm #1,967
(05 Jan 2022, 9:03 pm)S813 FVK I'd hope not.

Sorry I misread the quote slightly: "Increased training on minibuses will now take place after new drivers pass their PCV tests, with this being the main vehicle type most new drivers will drive" - so exactly as you say, increased use after drivers have passed.
peter
05 Jan 2022, 9:11 pm #1,967

(05 Jan 2022, 9:03 pm)S813 FVK I'd hope not.

Sorry I misread the quote slightly: "Increased training on minibuses will now take place after new drivers pass their PCV tests, with this being the main vehicle type most new drivers will drive" - so exactly as you say, increased use after drivers have passed.

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Jan 2022, 9:12 pm #1,968
(05 Jan 2022, 9:03 pm)S813 FVK I'd hope not.

Only one Solo is allocated to Driver Training (723). The other buses are, and will remain, full-size single decks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
05 Jan 2022, 9:12 pm #1,968

(05 Jan 2022, 9:03 pm)S813 FVK I'd hope not.

Only one Solo is allocated to Driver Training (723). The other buses are, and will remain, full-size single decks.

peter

05 Jan 2022, 9:14 pm #1,969
(05 Jan 2022, 9:12 pm)Dan Only one Solo is allocated to Driver Training (723). The other buses are, and will remain, full-size single decks.

Thanks for clearing that up Dan!
peter
05 Jan 2022, 9:14 pm #1,969

(05 Jan 2022, 9:12 pm)Dan Only one Solo is allocated to Driver Training (723). The other buses are, and will remain, full-size single decks.

Thanks for clearing that up Dan!

MurdnunoC

05 Jan 2022, 9:19 pm #1,970

Most enlightening m9
MurdnunoC
05 Jan 2022, 9:19 pm #1,970

Most enlightening m9

05 Jan 2022, 10:03 pm #1,971
(05 Jan 2022, 7:28 pm)Adrian I'd have thought those Solos would have been bursting at the seams in and out of Kingston Park, given all the 'potential' there is suggested on here. Big Grin

Kingston Park does arguably have potential, being so close to Great Park and the airport with a good range of shops and plenty of people living there and in the surrounding area. Interesting how passengers do travel between Killingworth and Kingston Park, and even between Wallsend and Dinnington. Just wondered if anything would make the service more commercially viable (maybe quicker journeys or unique links?). 42A is a good route with nice scenery and some useful links. Also it seems difficult to get the North Tyne day ticket on Hexham depot services unfortunately, so the 42A from Kingston Park is useful for that.
OrangeArrow49
05 Jan 2022, 10:03 pm #1,971

(05 Jan 2022, 7:28 pm)Adrian I'd have thought those Solos would have been bursting at the seams in and out of Kingston Park, given all the 'potential' there is suggested on here. Big Grin

Kingston Park does arguably have potential, being so close to Great Park and the airport with a good range of shops and plenty of people living there and in the surrounding area. Interesting how passengers do travel between Killingworth and Kingston Park, and even between Wallsend and Dinnington. Just wondered if anything would make the service more commercially viable (maybe quicker journeys or unique links?). 42A is a good route with nice scenery and some useful links. Also it seems difficult to get the North Tyne day ticket on Hexham depot services unfortunately, so the 42A from Kingston Park is useful for that.

Thomas12

05 Jan 2022, 10:36 pm #1,972
(05 Jan 2022, 9:09 pm)OrangeArrow49 Yes, the Orbit Streetlite will be on loan to Hexham, but I think it might run on service 74, but I could be wrong and it could be covering for 5508, maybe on the X84/X85.

I believe 5443 covered for a breakdown on the 10 at the Newcastle end, and therefore ended up at Hexham. Nothing much more to that.

I very much doubt GNE would lose the Hexham contracts. As much as you might think, I doubt anyone else is in a good position to bid for them.
Thomas12
05 Jan 2022, 10:36 pm #1,972

(05 Jan 2022, 9:09 pm)OrangeArrow49 Yes, the Orbit Streetlite will be on loan to Hexham, but I think it might run on service 74, but I could be wrong and it could be covering for 5508, maybe on the X84/X85.

I believe 5443 covered for a breakdown on the 10 at the Newcastle end, and therefore ended up at Hexham. Nothing much more to that.

I very much doubt GNE would lose the Hexham contracts. As much as you might think, I doubt anyone else is in a good position to bid for them.

Storx

05 Jan 2022, 11:07 pm #1,973
(05 Jan 2022, 10:36 pm)Thomas12 I believe 5443 covered for a breakdown on the 10 at the Newcastle end, and therefore ended up at Hexham. Nothing much more to that.

Didn't they lose a few last time they came around to PCL, Rural Link, whatever name it is this week. If anything they might gain some.
Storx
05 Jan 2022, 11:07 pm #1,973

(05 Jan 2022, 10:36 pm)Thomas12 I believe 5443 covered for a breakdown on the 10 at the Newcastle end, and therefore ended up at Hexham. Nothing much more to that.

Didn't they lose a few last time they came around to PCL, Rural Link, whatever name it is this week. If anything they might gain some.

peter

05 Jan 2022, 11:14 pm #1,974
(05 Jan 2022, 11:07 pm)Storx Didn't they lose a few last time they came around to PCL, Rural Link, whatever name it is this week. If anything they might gain some.

I think it was the opposite, that they gained a few contracts in recent years, I recall the 680 used to be operated by an independent and then they gained the X81/681/185. PCL operate a handful of services which operate 1-day a week in the Hexham area - don't think any of these were previously with GNE.
peter
05 Jan 2022, 11:14 pm #1,974

(05 Jan 2022, 11:07 pm)Storx Didn't they lose a few last time they came around to PCL, Rural Link, whatever name it is this week. If anything they might gain some.

I think it was the opposite, that they gained a few contracts in recent years, I recall the 680 used to be operated by an independent and then they gained the X81/681/185. PCL operate a handful of services which operate 1-day a week in the Hexham area - don't think any of these were previously with GNE.

Storx

05 Jan 2022, 11:34 pm #1,975
(05 Jan 2022, 11:14 pm)peter I think it was the opposite, that they gained a few contracts in recent years, I recall the 680 used to be operated by an independent and then they gained the X81/681/185. PCL operate a handful of services which operate 1-day a week in the Hexham area - don't think any of these were previously with GNE.

Ah possibly then might have got mixed up with something elsewhere. I know there was the big scandal with tachometers at Snaiths which muddles everything up which is when they gained some of those I believe.
Storx
05 Jan 2022, 11:34 pm #1,975

(05 Jan 2022, 11:14 pm)peter I think it was the opposite, that they gained a few contracts in recent years, I recall the 680 used to be operated by an independent and then they gained the X81/681/185. PCL operate a handful of services which operate 1-day a week in the Hexham area - don't think any of these were previously with GNE.

Ah possibly then might have got mixed up with something elsewhere. I know there was the big scandal with tachometers at Snaiths which muddles everything up which is when they gained some of those I believe.

05 Jan 2022, 11:42 pm #1,976

Ah, okay. I like the Orbit Streetlites. 

Hopefully GNE will keep them. No idea when they are going to be awarded. GNE is the best operator, but Stagecoach and Phoenix could pick up a few. Stagecoach 74, Phoenix the Hexham town services. Yesterday I was thinking Henry Cooper having their depot in Annitsford could operate the 42/42A?
OrangeArrow49
05 Jan 2022, 11:42 pm #1,976

Ah, okay. I like the Orbit Streetlites. 

Hopefully GNE will keep them. No idea when they are going to be awarded. GNE is the best operator, but Stagecoach and Phoenix could pick up a few. Stagecoach 74, Phoenix the Hexham town services. Yesterday I was thinking Henry Cooper having their depot in Annitsford could operate the 42/42A?

Train8261

05 Jan 2022, 11:48 pm #1,977
(05 Jan 2022, 11:42 pm)OrangeArrow49 Ah, okay. I like the Orbit Streetlites. 

Bit impossible since they have 4 services "service " buses available 

This being Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse 2 
3515 HX & OBR 297

There Scania N230UD OmniCity HC10 PER & there Plaxton Concept HC04 BBB. In order for it to work during evening/Sunday would be to get two other Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse 2
Train8261
05 Jan 2022, 11:48 pm #1,977

Bit impossible since they have 4 services "service " buses available 

This being Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse 2 
3515 HX & OBR 297

There Scania N230UD OmniCity HC10 PER & there Plaxton Concept HC04 BBB. In order for it to work during evening/Sunday would be to get two other Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse 2

Thomas12

06 Jan 2022, 12:12 am #1,978

I don’t think Stagecoach would operate the 74 - it’s a lot of dead mileage. 

Similar for Phoenix I guess - unless they were to open an outstation of some sort.

I guess ‘Rural Link’ or whatever they’re called these days would be the most likely apart from Go North East, although I’d like to hope they’d not get anything based on how bad they are.
Thomas12
06 Jan 2022, 12:12 am #1,978

I don’t think Stagecoach would operate the 74 - it’s a lot of dead mileage. 

Similar for Phoenix I guess - unless they were to open an outstation of some sort.

I guess ‘Rural Link’ or whatever they’re called these days would be the most likely apart from Go North East, although I’d like to hope they’d not get anything based on how bad they are.

RMF1254

06 Jan 2022, 10:16 am #1,979
(05 Jan 2022, 3:34 am)Train8261 There isn't really much u can change. Its a nexus funded service but your asking GNE to do something about it. Good luck with that
Isn’t the 42A commercial from Wallsend to Dinnington? The destinations used to show Dinnington for Kingston Park.
RMF1254
06 Jan 2022, 10:16 am #1,979

(05 Jan 2022, 3:34 am)Train8261 There isn't really much u can change. Its a nexus funded service but your asking GNE to do something about it. Good luck with that
Isn’t the 42A commercial from Wallsend to Dinnington? The destinations used to show Dinnington for Kingston Park.

06 Jan 2022, 10:31 am #1,980
(06 Jan 2022, 10:16 am)RMF1254 Isn’t the 42A commercial from Wallsend to Dinnington? The destinations used to show Dinnington for Kingston Park.

Correct. 42A displayed the destination as Dinnington for Kingston Park because the service operated to and from North Shields and because Kingston Park is too far away from North Shields it needed to be a split registeration and destination. Since running only to and from Wallsend the destination has been displayed as Kingston Park.

The 42A was commercially operated between Dinnington and North Shields and is still a commercial service between Dinnington and Wallsend.
OrangeArrow49
06 Jan 2022, 10:31 am #1,980

(06 Jan 2022, 10:16 am)RMF1254 Isn’t the 42A commercial from Wallsend to Dinnington? The destinations used to show Dinnington for Kingston Park.

Correct. 42A displayed the destination as Dinnington for Kingston Park because the service operated to and from North Shields and because Kingston Park is too far away from North Shields it needed to be a split registeration and destination. Since running only to and from Wallsend the destination has been displayed as Kingston Park.

The 42A was commercially operated between Dinnington and North Shields and is still a commercial service between Dinnington and Wallsend.

Pages (150) Previous 198 99 100150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average