You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Nexus Tenders | Newcastle & North Tyneside - March 2022

Nexus Tenders | Newcastle & North Tyneside - March 2022

RE: Nexus Tenders | Newcastle & North Tyneside - March 2022
(11 Feb 2022, 1:35 pm)Rob44 wrote i think i ready the it was the first Saturday journey of the day from Dinnington to Newcastle via hazlerigg that was a secured service that was going to be cancelled, but reading the post on facebook it suggests its the whole service....

Yeah imagine that being wrong, it's one of the better routes in the North East co-ordinating with the 43 for a 7.5 minute service through Gosforth / Great North Road then giving both Hazerrigg and Brunswick each a 30 minute service. The only thing I could see is one being terminated short and not continuing to Dinnington like they used too.
(11 Feb 2022, 2:26 pm)Storx wrote Yeah imagine that being wrong, it's one of the better routes in the North East co-ordinating with the 43 for a 7.5 minute service through Gosforth / Great North Road then giving both Hazerrigg and Brunswick each a 30 minute service. The only thing I could see is one being terminated short and not continuing to Dinnington like they used too.

Is the 19 going to be hourly from 27th March? The 42 is withdrawn completely?
Thats ridiculous,they shouldnt be allowed to do that at all,with nothing to replace them,my mate lives in the Royal Quays area,and frequently needs the use of the 11,occasionally the 19,he cant afford Taxis since he lost his job and suffers from Fibromyalgia due to having Covid right at the start of the pandemic,he's damn lucky to be alive tbh,but frequent trips to the Hospital,the only service that takes him there is the 11,so Howdon,Royal Quays,East Howdon and Percy Main will be all without services,how do they justify that?
Kind Regards
Tez
(11 Feb 2022, 5:26 pm)V514DFT wrote Thats ridiculous,they shouldnt be allowed to do that at all,with nothing to replace them,my mate lives in the Royal Quays area,and frequently needs the use of the 11,occasionally the 19,he cant afford Taxis since he lost his job and suffers from Fibromyalgia due to having Covid right at the start of the pandemic,he's damn lucky to be alive tbh,but frequent trips to the Hospital,the only service that takes him there is the 11,so Howdon,Royal Quays,East Howdon and Percy Main will be all without services,how do they justify that?

Sorry to hear of your friend first of all. Long Covid conditions are absolutely awful and hopefully he starts to recover soon.

Sadly though they'll justify it with the usual line of "not commercially viable", but it's a sad indictment of the way public transport operates in the UK. We always have the good things shoved in our faces, but people rarely want to talk about the social degradation that cuts to public transport causes.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(11 Feb 2022, 3:21 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Is the 19 going to be hourly from 27th March? The 42 is withdrawn completely?

I can't really say, it was someone else who leaked the stuff.

(11 Feb 2022, 5:26 pm)V514DFT wrote Thats ridiculous,they shouldnt be allowed to do that at all,with nothing to replace them,my mate lives in the Royal Quays area,and frequently needs the use of the 11,occasionally the 19,he cant afford Taxis since he lost his job and suffers from Fibromyalgia due to having Covid right at the start of the pandemic,he's damn lucky to be alive tbh,but frequent trips to the Hospital,the only service that takes him there is the 11,so Howdon,Royal Quays,East Howdon and Percy Main will be all without services,how do they justify that?

Hope he gets better. I'm guessing you didn't see the post leaking the tenders a few weeks back (if not I'll leave it there about those links...)
Thanks guys,sadly Adrian your right,in my own personal opinion though it always seems to be the North that gets screwed over the most,HS2 is an example
Kind Regards
Tez
Cobalt are in talks to run a peak time only shuttle between Northumberland Park and Cobalt. Imagine it will be similar to the 555 Quorum arrangement
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(11 Feb 2022, 9:34 pm)Ambassador wrote Cobalt are in talks to run a peak time only shuttle between Northumberland Park and Cobalt. Imagine it will be similar to the 555 Quorum arrangement

The 19 will still run hourly between North Shields and Northumberland Park via Cobalt as far as I know.
(11 Feb 2022, 9:40 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote The 19 will still run hourly between North Shields and Northumberland Park via Cobalt as far as I know.

Not good enough, so I'm glad they're being proactive about maintaining some sort of Metro link.
(11 Feb 2022, 9:40 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote The 19 will still run hourly between North Shields and Northumberland Park via Cobalt as far as I know.

The R19 was every 15 mins when it was introduced in 2004, have passenger numbers dropped that badly in 15 or so years, to warrent this.
Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
(11 Feb 2022, 5:32 pm)Adrian wrote Sorry to hear of your friend first of all. Long Covid conditions are absolutely awful and hopefully he starts to recover soon.

Sadly though they'll justify it with the usual line of "not commercially viable", but it's a sad indictment of the way public transport operates in the UK. We always have the good things shoved in our faces, but people rarely want to talk about the social degradation that cuts to public transport causes.

(12 Feb 2022, 11:43 am)ASX_Terranova wrote The R19 was every 15 mins when it was introduced in 2004, have passenger numbers dropped that badly in 15 or so years, to warrent this.
My thoughts exactly,and the 17 used to be every 20 minutes,then went to half hourly,then it was scrapped,which is when  the 11 took over and went to the Metrocentre,that was 2016,then it was swapped for the 1 in 2019,they cant blame the pandemic for everything,after its said so many times it becomes just as much as a feeble excuse as 'low passenger numbers'
Kind Regards
Tez
(18 Feb 2022, 1:38 pm)soxet12 wrote Tenders have been awarded. Some surprises, some work being jiggled around at GNE because of the outcomes

I thought it was 28th February they got awarded. Surprises? Well I'm guessing Stagecoach has got 18, 32, 35, 71, 75, 87 and Gateshead Central Taxis have won the Little Coasters (11, 19, 41/41A, 42, 342) and 13 (renumbered 76). Arriva presumably the new 46A.
(18 Feb 2022, 1:58 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote I thought it was 28th February they got awarded. Surprises? Well I'm guessing Stagecoach has got 18, 32, 35, 71, 75, 87 and Gateshead Central Taxis have won the Little Coasters (11, 19, 41/41A, 42, 342) and 13 (renumbered 76). Arriva presumably the new 46A.

Work being "jiggled about" due to the outcomes doesn't necessarily indicate that no contracts have been awarded to GNE.

On the contrary, it might mean they've gained stuff which they presumed they wouldn't win.
(18 Feb 2022, 2:04 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Work being "jiggled about" due to the outcomes doesn't necessarily indicate that no contracts have been awarded to GNE.

On the contrary, it might mean they've gained stuff which they presumed they wouldn't win.

That's the way I would read 'jiggled about', if they got awarded less then there wouldn't need to jiggle anything as there'd be spare capacity
(18 Feb 2022, 2:13 pm)streetdeckfan wrote That's the way I would read 'jiggled about', if they got awarded less then there wouldn't need to jiggle anything as there'd be spare capacity

Could read it either way I suppose.  Winning less work could still mean jiggling about, they'd jiggle about other work to put in Percy Main.  There's a fine line between spare capacity and not enough work to spread the overhead.
Percy Main will have around 30 spare drivers based on how the contracts have been awarded so they are, temporarily, going to take on work from Riverside and Washington.....
(18 Feb 2022, 2:29 pm)soxet12 wrote Percy Main will have around 30 spare drivers based on how the contracts have been awarded so they are, temporarily, going to take on work from Riverside and Washington.....
30?!

Thats some jiggling!
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(18 Feb 2022, 1:58 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote I thought it was 28th February they got awarded. Surprises? Well I'm guessing Stagecoach has got 18, 32, 35, 71, 75, 87 and Gateshead Central Taxis have won the Little Coasters (11, 19, 41/41A, 42, 342) and 13 (renumbered 76). Arriva presumably the new 46A.

Im wondering whether Arriva have won some, especially considering their effectively low cost base that’s coming to Walkergate.

A couple of months ago I would have said it would be terrible for GCT to win them, but I’ve been using the 335 a few times a week for the past month or two and not had a single problem with them. New buses and good punctuality so can’t really complain.
Little coasters have been awarded between Stagecoach, GCT and GNE if you include the 19 in that

342 to GCT
19 to GNE
317 to Stagecoach
(18 Feb 2022, 3:35 pm)soxet12 wrote Little coasters have been awarded between Stagecoach, GCT and GNE if you include the 19 in that

342 to GCT
19 to GNE
317 to Stagecoach

Shame about the 342. What is happening with the 42? 317 I assume replaces the 11?

Are there going to be any ticket options available on the Little Coasters?

Did A-Line and Phoenix Coaches not bid for/win any services?
(18 Feb 2022, 3:35 pm)soxet12 wrote Little coasters have been awarded between Stagecoach, GCT and GNE if you include the 19 in that

342 to GCT
19 to GNE
317 to Stagecoach

Not surprising with the 317 due to what was tendered so would've ruled out GCT pretty much. 

Be interesting to see what will run the 19 though.

I don't know why but I have a feeling they might have a swap with Hexham and their Versa's but that's pure speculation.
(18 Feb 2022, 4:17 pm)Storx wrote Not surprising with the 317 due to what was tendered so would've ruled out GCT pretty much. 

Be interesting to see what will run the 19 though.

I don't know why but I have a feeling they might have a swap with Hexham and their Versa's but that's pure speculation.

Interested to see Stagecoach have won the 317, that will hit the 1 as well with people buying Stagecoach tickets instead of GNE ones. A lot of people atm use the 11/41 and transfer to the 1 for Newcastle, Byker etc. 

Out of interest does anyone know if the 317 is hourly or half hourly? Was just trying to work out the PVR, guess it would be 3 if hourly and 5 if half hourly? I assume it'll be some E200s on there unless they're expecting Solos from elsewhere.
(18 Feb 2022, 3:49 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Shame about the 342. What is happening with the 42? 317 I assume replaces the 11?

Are there going to be any ticket options available on the Little Coasters?

Did A-Line and Phoenix Coaches not bid for/win any services?
A Line couldn't as it was all euro6
(18 Feb 2022, 4:27 pm)Thomas12 wrote Interested to see Stagecoach have won the 317, that will hit the 1 as well with people buying Stagecoach tickets instead of GNE ones. A lot of people atm use the 11/41 and transfer to the 1 for Newcastle, Byker etc. 

Out of interest does anyone know if the 317 is hourly or half hourly? Was just trying to work out the PVR, guess it would be 3 if hourly and 5 if half hourly? I assume it'll be some E200s on there unless they're expecting Solos from elsewhere.

Half hourly, forgot what the PVR is. It's full size buses though.
(18 Feb 2022, 4:36 pm)streetdeckfan wrote So what do these mean for GNE's network in NT?

They'll basically be left with the 1, 19, 41 (Wallsend-Hadrian Park only) and 309/310/311 unless they've won some other contracts. I doubt it if they've got 30 drivers spare though.

(18 Feb 2022, 4:43 pm)Storx wrote Half hourly, forgot what the PVR is. It's full size buses though.

Thanks for that, Solos would probably struggle if its combining the 11 and 41 towards Wallsend.
(18 Feb 2022, 4:43 pm)Thomas12 wrote They'll basically be left with the 1, 19, 41 (Wallsend-Hadrian Park only) and 309/310/311 unless they've won some other contracts. I doubt it if they've got 30 drivers spare though.

Thanks for that, Solos would probably struggle if its combining the 11 and 41 towards Wallsend.

No worries, the 19 is the same. This is pure speculation but if a Riverside route is moving across I have a feeling it'll be the Q3 as it's the most logical and there's 3 of the Citylink batch of Versa's at Hexham so would make sense to group them all together and run the 19/Q3 as Versa's. There's plenty Solo's for the 684 as tbh it's all it needs.
(18 Feb 2022, 4:55 pm)Storx wrote No worries, the 19 is the same. This is pure speculation but if a Riverside route is moving across I have a feeling it'll be the Q3 as it's the most logical and there's 3 of the Citylink batch of Versa's at Hexham so would make sense to group them all together and run the 19/Q3 as Versa's. There's plenty Solo's for the 684 as tbh it's all it needs.

Snap.

Or cue all of the 'extend the 57 to Hadrian Park' or 'Extend the 12 to Wallsend...' service suggestions....