You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Nexus Tenders | Newcastle & North Tyneside - March 2022

Nexus Tenders | Newcastle & North Tyneside - March 2022

RE: Nexus Tenders | Newcastle & North Tyneside - March 2022
(18 Feb 2022, 4:58 pm)Chris 1 wrote Snap.

Or cue all of the 'extend the 57 to Hadrian Park' or 'Extend the 12 to Wallsend...' service suggestions....

That's too sensible man, has to be the 309 to Kingston Park or 311 to Hexham or something.

Have a feeling that the Washington service might be the 91 or whatever the Team Valley service is believe it interworks with the X1A and some other stuff atm, I know one of the boards interworks with the Coast Road services already.
Whats happening around Howdon then,no service? ,i imagine the 342 is going to be a varaiation of the 42, and the 317 will tie in with the rumours of Stagecoach going to Whitley Bay
Kind Regards
Tez
(18 Feb 2022, 5:03 pm)Storx wrote That's too sensible man, has to be the 309 to Kingston Park or 311 to Hexham or something.

Have a feeling that the Washington service might be the 91 or whatever the Team Valley service is believe it interworks with the X1A and some other stuff atm, I know one of the boards interworks with the Coast Road services already.
*digs out pre 1986 TWPTE timetable book*
(18 Feb 2022, 5:53 pm)V514DFT wrote Whats happening around Howdon then,no service? ,i imagine the 342 is going to be a varaiation of the 42, and the 317 will tie in with the rumours of Stagecoach going to Whitley Bay

317 is the 11 but via Holy Cross as far as I know. 

342 is Wallsend to Westerhope mainly via the 42/42A route I think.
(18 Feb 2022, 6:17 pm)Thomas12 wrote 317 is the 11 but via Holy Cross as far as I know. 

342 is Wallsend to Westerhope mainly via the 42/42A route I think.

Would this by any chance also be replacing the M71, seems logical to merge them if it saves resources and finances.
Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
(18 Feb 2022, 7:11 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote Would this by any chance also be replacing the M71, seems logical to merge them if it saves resources and finances.

Yes, the 42A and M71 are being merged. 342 will be missing out the Airport, Dinnington and Woolsington.
(18 Feb 2022, 7:31 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Yes, the 42A and M71 are being merged. 342 will be missing out the Airport, Dinnington and Woolsington.
How. The Dinnington to Airport is contract I'm sure
(18 Feb 2022, 7:39 pm)Train8261 wrote How. The Dinnington to Airport is contract I'm sure

New contract, so no longer commercial Wallsend to Dinnington / contracted Dinnington to Kingston Park via the Airport, now Gateshead Central Taxis contracted Wallsend to Westerhope.
(18 Feb 2022, 7:41 pm)Michael wrote Anyone got full details?

Too many posts saying different things.

11 (now 317 doing the old 317 route pretty much) awarded to Stagecoach it runs every 30 mins and uses big buses
42A (now 342 partially) awarded to GCT
19 awarded to GNE and uses big buses.

There's 30 drivers spare at Percy Main so some work is supposedly moving from Riverside and/or Washington.

The rest is guessing / speculation.
(18 Feb 2022, 7:59 pm)Storx wrote 11 (now 317 doing the old 317 route pretty much) awarded to Stagecoach it runs every 30 mins and uses big buses

There's 30 drivers spare at Percy Main so some work is supposedly moving from Riverside and/or Washington.

Thank you.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
The amended Q3, a small portion of the 26 and some unspecified Washington mini bus routes are what is moving to Percy main. A small portion of the 4 may have also been on the list.
(18 Feb 2022, 8:07 pm)soxet12 wrote The amended Q3, a small portion of the 26 and some unspecified Washington mini bus routes are what is moving to Percy main. A small portion of the 4 may have also been on the list.

Peak extras maybe?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(18 Feb 2022, 8:07 pm)soxet12 wrote The amended Q3, a small portion of the 26 and some unspecified Washington mini bus routes are what is moving to Percy main. A small portion of the 4 may have also been on the list.
Is the Q3 still serving Wallsend, or has that now been cut?
(18 Feb 2022, 8:54 pm)Andreos1 wrote Running off the 1 perhaps?

Have a feeling it might take over some school boards.

Something like these boards:
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/281927?date=2022-02-18
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/279881?date=2022-02-18
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/40134?date=2022-02-15
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/39804?date=2022-02-15

The 643 is up for tender aswell so that possibly is gone aswell. The 4 and Washington minis are ticked off by the 2nd board.
(18 Feb 2022, 7:59 pm)Storx wrote 11 (now 317 doing the old 317 route pretty much) awarded to Stagecoach it runs every 30 mins and uses big buses

The 317 going to Stagecoach will be the start of the end of GNE's 1. All Stagecoach need now is the 22 extended via the 1 route to Whitley Bay every 20 mins (with the other every 20 mins to Cobalt).
Would be great if GCT had a day ticket option with running so many services.

Expected GNE would run the 342 had the 42A is partially commercial.

Am I right the 19 will be the current route but Northumberland Park to Ashington section cut?
(18 Feb 2022, 9:48 pm)L469 YVK wrote The 317 going to Stagecoach will be the start of the end of GNE's 1. All Stagecoach need now is the 22 extended via the 1 route to Whitley Bay every 20 mins (with the other every 20 mins to Cobalt).

tbh I don't even think they need to. The Arriva 306 is already a big blow for them and Arriva on the Coast offer all the destinations that GNE offer now plus a lot more. The 306 is effectively the 309/310 to Newcastle and the 308 covers the Blyth side, there's literally nothing else. Not to mention the brand new Metro trains coming soon aswell which serve most the route.

Be interesting to see who's won the 1 evening contract aswell as if someone else has it, that won't help either. If the 1 dies then Percy Main is finished imo, the Coast Road services aren't enough for a depot.
(18 Feb 2022, 10:01 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Would be great if GCT had a day ticket option with running so many services.

Am I right the 19 will be the current route but Northumberland Park to Ashington section cut?

19 - Cramlington to North Shields as I understand, via Backworth 

It's up to Nexus, not GCT, to introduce a day/week ticket for secured services.
(18 Feb 2022, 10:01 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Would be great if GCT had a day ticket option with running so many services.

No. It will be between Cramlington and North Shields. Differences will be between Northumberland Park and Seaton Delaval it will be via brierdene and seghil. It will not go via Royal Quays but will still go to the Ferry and also Fish Quay.

The 643 was also won by GNE.
(18 Feb 2022, 10:08 pm)busmanT wrote 19 - Cramlington to North Shields as I understand, via Backworth 

It's up to Nexus, not GCT, to introduce a day/week ticket for secured services.

Well that's not so bad. Gutted that GNE are losing the 42/42A, are these changes definitely happening or could GNE run them commercially?

I didn't mean GCT introduce one I meant there should be one for GCT services (maybe Nexus could make it so they accept local tickets on secured routes for short trips as single tickets are poor value for money).
(18 Feb 2022, 10:04 pm)Storx wrote tbh I don't even think they need to. The Arriva 306 is already a big blow for them and Arriva on the Coast offer all the destinations that GNE offer now plus a lot more. The 306 is effectively the 309/310 to Newcastle and the 308 covers the Blyth side, there's literally nothing else. Not to mention the brand new Metro trains coming soon aswell which serve most the route.

Be interesting to see who's won the 1 evening contract aswell as if someone else has it, that won't help either. If the 1 dies then Percy Main is finished imo, the Coast Road services aren't enough for a depot.
I wouldn't say the 306 is quite a big enough blow, but a tit for tat extension of the 22 would see the end of GNE's 1.

306/308 will be interesting to see if they will revert back to every 15 mins Mon-Sat or reduce and interwork every 20 mins each? The 309/310/311 however are no longer the "Micky Mouse" secondary routes on the Coast Road running around on SPD's & Cadets like the old 300/305, 315/316, 75/76
(18 Feb 2022, 9:48 pm)L469 YVK wrote The 317 going to Stagecoach will be the start of the end of GNE's 1. All Stagecoach need now is the 22 extended via the 1 route to Whitley Bay every 20 mins (with the other every 20 mins to Cobalt).

If what has been tendered is "more of the same" then I think its a big opportunity missed by Nexus and the operators to reorganise services in North Tyneside. 

The only salvageable thing for North Tyneside is a big push by all parties to sell the North Tyneside smartzone ticket to highlight a level of intergration.  

Otherwise it won't matter what Stagecoach or GNE do as on road competition is effectively dead.
(18 Feb 2022, 10:13 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Well that's not so bad. Gutted that GNE are losing the 42/42A, are these changes definitely happening or could GNE run them commercially?

I didn't mean GCT introduce one I meant there should be one for GCT services (maybe Nexus could make it so they accept local tickets on secured routes for short trips as single tickets are poor value for money).
Lets talk about whether or not they'll turn up, never mind what type of ticket choices are available
(18 Feb 2022, 10:17 pm)Omega54 wrote Lets talk about whether or not they'll turn up, never mind what type of ticket choices are available

With GCT it's a mixed bag, they do turn up on some of their services but operate some others very poorly, usually with not enough vehicles allocated to cover all of the journeys. They have a new fleet, and they are comfortable and clean, but if they don't turn up they are no use to anyone. 

Better ticket options woukd encourage better reliability and punctuality and provide a good service.