You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Nexus Tenders | Newcastle & North Tyneside - March 2022

RE: Nexus Tenders | Newcastle & North Tyneside - March 2022
(20 Feb 2022, 12:47 am)Bazza wrote Is it not just most likely that GNE / Stagecoach retain the routes they already had with GCT pinching a few.

GNE has lost out to GCT, only retaining the 19 and 643 and losing the 11 (317) to Stagecoach. 

Stagecoach I expect will retain their services (6, 18, 32, 35) and gain others (75 most likely).

Are GCT likely to keep the 84/84A with gaining the 342 and so many other services in North Tyneside? 

Do we know if GNE still has the 41A?
(20 Feb 2022, 12:31 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Do you mean the 18, 32, 35 or are there others I've forgotten about?
Yeah, it would be nice, seems as though there are going to be 30 drivers gone.

It really makes me think if the EV bids comes through is everything just going to be moved to riverside, which is currently in Percy Main.
Site Administrator
Tenders have been awarded to operators, but we're in the 10-day 'cooling off' period before contracts are formally awarded. Anything could change in this time. I feel like we're going round in circles debating and speculating who has what - shall we not just wait?
(20 Feb 2022, 12:35 pm)Dan wrote Tenders have been awarded to operators, but we're in the 10-day 'cooling off' period before contracts are formally awarded. Anything could change in this time. I feel like we're going round in circles debating and speculating who has what - shall we not just wait?

For Newcastle and North Tyneside?

GCT winning the contracts is annoying because there are no ticket options. At least the 84/84A has returns and the Go North East daytime services have ticket acceptance on evenings/Sundays. Most small operator services only have single tickets and multi-operator ticketing which is poor value for money.
(20 Feb 2022, 12:47 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote For Newcastle and North Tyneside?

GCT winning the contracts is annoying because there are no ticket options. At least the 84/84A has returns and the Go North East daytime services have ticket acceptance on evenings/Sundays. Most small operator services only have single tickets and multi-operator ticketing which is poor value for money.
Also with GCT they barely turn up buses missing on a hourly route. Not enough drivers,
(20 Feb 2022, 1:10 pm)Omega54 wrote Also with GCT they barely turn up buses missing on a hourly route. Not enough drivers,

I hope they get it sorted. The 342 will be a good route, but it's a shame Go North East won't have a service in Kingston Park, Benton and Killingworth anymore. GCT will cost more.
(20 Feb 2022, 12:04 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote GNE has lost out to GCT, only retaining the 19 and 643 and losing the 11 (317) to Stagecoach. 

Stagecoach I expect will retain their services (6, 18, 32, 35) and gain others (75 most likely).

Are GCT likely to keep the 84/84A with gaining the 342 and so many other services in North Tyneside? 

Do we know if GNE still has the 41A?

The Evening/Sunday evening contract is part of the 342 contract. There is no 41A.
(20 Feb 2022, 1:38 pm)Storx wrote The Evening/Sunday evening contract is part of the 342 contract. There is no 41A.

The 342 will be all one contract won't it? GCT operating all journeys?

I thought it was the 41A that was operating between Hadrian Park and Wallsend?
Have the Go North East registration cancellations/variations for these North Tyneside changes appeared on the Traffic Commissioners website yet?
I still say that the bus companies who runs the daytime bus services commercially and deciding to run the evening services under secured contracts using tax payers money as there deemed them un profitable for there shareholders.

The evenings journeys etc… should be ran by another bus company and no mixing of tickets from the bus company daytime service, then the passengers can vent there anger towards the bus company who does the daytime service which there already purchased there return or day ticket on but can’t use the ticket when there try and get home on night time because the bus company decided not to run , why should the tax payer pay for a bus service to get them home, I wonder how many bus services would run if there was no secured bus services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(20 Feb 2022, 1:46 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote The 342 will be all one contract won't it? GCT operating all journeys?

I thought it was the 41A that was operating between Hadrian Park and Wallsend?

Ah yeah it is sorry, not sure why it's numbered that rather than just the 41. So guessing there might be more to it with the GNE daytime service. It's one contract though they interwork in the evenings.
(20 Feb 2022, 2:12 pm)Storx wrote Ah yeah it is sorry, not sure why it's numbered that rather than just the 41. So guessing there might be more to it with the GNE daytime service. It's one contract though they interwork in the evenings.

Yeah, it should be just the 41. GNE are operating the 41A daytimes and evenings? Really wanted GNE to win the 342 (and with the current 42A being mostly commercial on daytimes I thought it was likely).

11 will be Stagecoach 317

19 will run to Cramlington/Northumberland Park every 30 minutes on common sections, one trip each way to/from Ashington, no service in Royal Quays with 11 and 19 gone/rerouted. Go North East. 

41 gone. 41A Hadrian Park to Wallsend. Go North East. 

42 gone. 42A and M71 will be Gateshead Central Taxis 342.
(20 Feb 2022, 2:24 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Yeah, it should be just the 41. GNE are operating the 41A daytimes and evenings? Really wanted GNE to win the 342 (and with the current 42A being mostly commercial on daytimes I thought it was likely).

19 will run to Cramlington/Northumberland Park every 30 minutes on common sections, one trip each way to/from Ashington, no service in Royal Quays with 11 and 19 gone/rerouted. Go North East. 

Believe so with the 41. It's still commercial via Wiltshire drive from Wallsend to Hadrian Park as it is now as I'm aware. Have to see when the GNE changes come out though what the 41A is all about, maybe there's more to it, some skipping Wiltshire Drive maybe etc (that's speculation though).
(20 Feb 2022, 2:24 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Yeah, it should be just the 41. GNE are operating the 41A daytimes and evenings? Really wanted GNE to win the 342 (and with the current 42A being mostly commercial on daytimes I thought it was likely).

Based on Dan's post on the previous page, I am assuming Go North East (or any other operator) could now decide that they now want to run the services commercially that they have lost (e.g 317, 342) during the 10 day cooling period. 

Not sure how likely this is to happen, however I wouldn't be surprised.
(20 Feb 2022, 2:28 pm)Storx wrote Believe so with the 41. It's still commercial via Wiltshire drive from Wallsend to Hadrian Park as it is now as I'm aware. Have to see when the GNE changes come out though what the 41A is all about, maybe there's more to it, some skipping Wiltshire Drive maybe etc (that's speculation though).

Thanks. It will be interesting to see what happens. GNE is shrinking their network significantly. 

Do you know who has won the 18, 32, 35, 75, 76 and 84/84A contracts?
(20 Feb 2022, 2:42 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Thanks. It will be interesting to see what happens. GNE is shrinking their network significantly. 

And here we go on yet another trip around the speculative roundabout....
(20 Feb 2022, 2:42 pm)OrangeArrow49 wrote Thanks. It will be interesting to see what happens. GNE is shrinking their network significantly. 

I don't, have to wait until the contracts start getting registered in a few weeks unless someone working for whoever works for each company leaks them.
to be fair having seen the amount of customers who use the 42a to the airport and to north tyneside when waiting for the 44 in hazlerigg i think that route should be scrapped.and the money spent by nexus on somewhere else. I know its hard lines on the few who use it but to get to the airport its 44 to regent Centre then bus . Same as Kingston park. North tyneside is slightly more problematic but could get bus to town the bus on from there or metro to the coast?.
(20 Feb 2022, 2:40 pm)Thomas12 wrote Based on Dan's post on the previous page, I am assuming Go North East (or any other operator) could now decide that they now want to run the services commercially that they have lost (e.g 317, 342) during the 10 day cooling period. 

Not sure how likely this is to happen, however I wouldn't be surprised.

I can't see them being bothered about the 42A but Stagecoach getting the 11 (and potentially extending the 22) if I were GNE I'd want to avoid that happening
(20 Feb 2022, 3:26 pm)V514DFT wrote Im confused about the lot tbh,i'm just gonna wait to see full details

North Tyneside
----------------------------

W1 (W3) - Additionally serves the estate over the bridge where the W3 served.
W2 - No Changes
18 - No Changes
19 (59) - North Shields -> Ferry -> Percy Main -> Cobalt (Every 30 Mins) -> New Estate via Pavillion -> Seaton Delaval -> East Cramlington -> Cramlington (Hourly)
317 (11/41/333) - Whitley Bay -> Wallsend via old 317 route give or take additionally serving Ferry (Every 30 mins)
335 (K1/359) - North Shields -> NT Hospital -> Marton -> Cobalt -> Hadrian Park -> Forest Hall -> Four Lane Ends -> BT Call Centre -> Quorum -> Killingworth (Hourly)
342 (42/42A/M71) - Westerhope -> Newbiggin Hall -> Kingston Park -> Hazelrigg (Direct) -> Seaton Burn -> Killingworth -> Wallsend (Hourly)
41A - Evenings / Sundays

K1/K2/W3/333/59/359/11/42/42A/M71 withdrawn.

They've been leaked one way or another by people in this thread anyway. Might aswell put them together. The brackets are what they're replacing either in full or partially.
(20 Feb 2022, 3:52 pm)Storx wrote North Tyneside

W2 - No Changes
18 - No Changes
19 (59) - North Shields -> Ferry -> Percy Main -> Cobalt (Every 30 Mins) -> New Estate via Pavillion -> Seaton Delaval -> East Cramlington -> Cramlington (Hourly)
317 (11/41/333) - Whitley Bay -> Wallsend via old 317 route give or take additionally serving Ferry (Every 30 mins)
335 (K1/359) - North Shields -> NT Hospital -> Marton -> Cobalt -> Hadrian Park -> Forest Hall -> Four Lane Ends -> BT Call Centre -> Quorum -> Killingworth (Hourly)
342 (42/42A/M71) - Westerhope -> Newbiggin Hall -> Kingston Park -> Hazelrigg (Direct) -> Seaton Burn -> Killingworth -> Wallsend (Hourly)
41A - Evenings / Sundays

They've been leaked one way or another by people in this thread anyway. Might aswell put them together. The brackets are what they're replacing either in full or partially.
Cheers Storx,,so is the 42 through Forest Hall gone im guessing
Kind Regards
Tez
(20 Feb 2022, 5:44 pm)V514DFT wrote Cheers Storx,,so is the 42 through Forest Hall gone im guessing

It's the Forest Hall route that's staying, the FLE end one is scrapped. Also avoiding Wiltshire Drive aswell.
(20 Feb 2022, 3:52 pm)Storx wrote North Tyneside

W2 - No Changes
18 - No Changes
41A - Evenings / Sundays

335 to Killingworth hasn't that happened before
(20 Feb 2022, 6:23 pm)Train8261 wrote 335 to Killingworth hasn't that happened before

Honestly couldn't tell you, the 355 used to go near there awhile back though so maybe that? Used to be Newcastle -> Gosforth -> Longbenton -> FLE -> Forest Hall -> Cobalt -> Shiremoor -> Earsdon -> Red House Farm -> Whitley Bay.

http://www.travelnortheast.co.uk/downloa...l-whit.pdf

Can't remember any 335 unless it was a long long time ago.
(20 Feb 2022, 7:16 pm)Storx wrote Honestly couldn't tell you, the 355 used to go near there awhile back though so maybe that? Used to be Newcastle -> Gosforth -> Longbenton -> FLE -> Forest Hall -> Cobalt -> Shiremoor -> Earsdon -> Red House Farm -> Whitley Bay.

The changes don't same too bad if only there was a ticket for travel on GCT operated services (assuming they actually turn up that is). Last week I got a day rover, and I would be interested to know how this revenue is shared. A two-operator ticket would be a good idea, but I guess eventually there will be shared ticketing options aside from the day rover.
(20 Feb 2022, 7:16 pm)Storx wrote Honestly couldn't tell you, the 355 used to go near there awhile back though so maybe that? Used to be Newcastle -> Gosforth -> Longbenton -> FLE -> Forest Hall -> Cobalt -> Shiremoor -> Earsdon -> Red House Farm -> Whitley Bay.

GNE used to run a 335 and 336,then Arriva had the 337

Cant stand GCT,slapdash shoddy half arsed attempts at services that are a lucky dip as to if they turn up or not,lucky i have the 22 to fall back on,by the sounds of it theres no service around Howdon
Kind Regards
Tez