Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 1107 108 109150 Next
Jack Gill

28 Mar 2022, 9:09 pm #2,141
This is probably a long shot suggestion seeing as the previous M6/7/8 routes were withdrew due to low usage, but a quicker route to the Metrocentre from Stanley.
Jack Gill
28 Mar 2022, 9:09 pm #2,141

This is probably a long shot suggestion seeing as the previous M6/7/8 routes were withdrew due to low usage, but a quicker route to the Metrocentre from Stanley.

L469 YVK

02 Apr 2022, 10:26 am #2,142
I've been thinking about this but could GNE not get away with reducing the Cobalt & Coast PVR to 15x from 16x if they followed the example of Arriva's revised 53 & 54 by not serving the Cobalt Bus Link (Silver Fox Way & Quicksilver Way) and instead just run the 309 straight down The Silverlink North?

Would mean that the 309, 310, 311 could all go standalone and run with the following max driving hours during the day also taking into account time spent in the van for a remote changeover.

- 309 - 4hr 40m (2x round trips)

- 310 - 5hr (okay not 5hr but if driver picked up bus ex North Shields at Verne Road and was relieved ex Newcastle towards North Shields, would bring the driving hours at around 4hr 30m)

- 311 - 4hr (4x round trips)

Obviously I know the 309 was a bit tight during the covid recovery timetable before they all interworked again but it would be another bus out of the PVR with only a minor route change.
L469 YVK
02 Apr 2022, 10:26 am #2,142

I've been thinking about this but could GNE not get away with reducing the Cobalt & Coast PVR to 15x from 16x if they followed the example of Arriva's revised 53 & 54 by not serving the Cobalt Bus Link (Silver Fox Way & Quicksilver Way) and instead just run the 309 straight down The Silverlink North?

Would mean that the 309, 310, 311 could all go standalone and run with the following max driving hours during the day also taking into account time spent in the van for a remote changeover.

- 309 - 4hr 40m (2x round trips)

- 310 - 5hr (okay not 5hr but if driver picked up bus ex North Shields at Verne Road and was relieved ex Newcastle towards North Shields, would bring the driving hours at around 4hr 30m)

- 311 - 4hr (4x round trips)

Obviously I know the 309 was a bit tight during the covid recovery timetable before they all interworked again but it would be another bus out of the PVR with only a minor route change.

Storx

04 Apr 2022, 4:53 pm #2,143
Just seen someone mention the 58 and it got me thinking that they should change the 19 to serve the route as it appears to be having timetabling problems as it's too tight.

By doing the following route:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/East+Har...b1!1m0!3e0

It would give New Hartley an hourly link rather than it's 2 a day service and a service towards North Shields / Metro with the bonus of giving the 19 getting some padding by 7 minutes or so.

They're both contracted services now anyway seems better use of the bus imo rather than them duplicating each other from East Cramlington to Cramlington give or take a minute and the pointless Beacon Hill section, the X9 is a 5 minute walk max.
Storx
04 Apr 2022, 4:53 pm #2,143

Just seen someone mention the 58 and it got me thinking that they should change the 19 to serve the route as it appears to be having timetabling problems as it's too tight.

It would give New Hartley an hourly link rather than it's 2 a day service and a service towards North Shields / Metro with the bonus of giving the 19 getting some padding by 7 minutes or so.

They're both contracted services now anyway seems better use of the bus imo rather than them duplicating each other from East Cramlington to Cramlington give or take a minute and the pointless Beacon Hill section, the X9 is a 5 minute walk max.

04 Apr 2022, 5:33 pm #2,144
(04 Apr 2022, 4:53 pm)Storx Just seen someone mention the 58 and it got me thinking that they should change the 19 to serve the route as it appears to be having timetabling problems as it's too tight.

What would the timings be like on this as oppose to now?

Also talking about contracts, i was thinking the 515 & Maybe the TB529 could be replaced by extending the 58.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
04 Apr 2022, 5:33 pm #2,144

(04 Apr 2022, 4:53 pm)Storx Just seen someone mention the 58 and it got me thinking that they should change the 19 to serve the route as it appears to be having timetabling problems as it's too tight.

What would the timings be like on this as oppose to now?

Also talking about contracts, i was thinking the 515 & Maybe the TB529 could be replaced by extending the 58.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/

Storx

04 Apr 2022, 7:29 pm #2,145
(04 Apr 2022, 5:33 pm)ASX_Terranova What would the timings be like on this as oppose to now?

Can't comment on timings exactly, but it's roughly 5 minutes longer via New Hartley and it duplicates the current 58 from the hospital to Cramlington. There should be 10 mins or so at East Hartford vs the 2 minutes or so now. They're both contracted routes partly or all by Northumberland anyway.

Can't say much about the 515/TB529 though, I literally know nothing about them tbf.
Storx
04 Apr 2022, 7:29 pm #2,145

(04 Apr 2022, 5:33 pm)ASX_Terranova What would the timings be like on this as oppose to now?

Can't comment on timings exactly, but it's roughly 5 minutes longer via New Hartley and it duplicates the current 58 from the hospital to Cramlington. There should be 10 mins or so at East Hartford vs the 2 minutes or so now. They're both contracted routes partly or all by Northumberland anyway.

Can't say much about the 515/TB529 though, I literally know nothing about them tbf.

Mark1

04 Apr 2022, 7:49 pm #2,146

The roads along st John's avenue and toner avenue where the TB529 operate in Hebburn are unsuitable for a bus. 

I thought there was talk of the 58 going to follingsby Amazon?
Mark1
04 Apr 2022, 7:49 pm #2,146

The roads along st John's avenue and toner avenue where the TB529 operate in Hebburn are unsuitable for a bus. 

I thought there was talk of the 58 going to follingsby Amazon?

04 Apr 2022, 11:22 pm #2,147
My bus pass doesn't work in Scotland ???
DaveFromUpNorth
04 Apr 2022, 11:22 pm #2,147

My bus pass doesn't work in Scotland ???

04 Apr 2022, 11:35 pm #2,148
Problem with 309 310 311 the timings are pretty much accurate on the core corridor however the timings relate to traffic congestion on the Coast Road / Cradlewell / Corner House area

Imo leave the routes going through Silverlink and Cobalt

It would be criminal to change this current plan and also its not just the route you would effect but the branding Cobalt and Coast

GNE has the monopoly on commuting from Newcastle to Cobalt and Silverlink over SNE 22 service

Cutting a service pushes people to use cars and not buses

Which is the opposite idea of operating a bus service

I sometimes can't decide if people are being like thatcher and wanting to cut services and jobs or actually help the industry and give them ideas to run a service!

The X39 runs at core times to provide an Express service but doesn't warrant a regular service

It's crazy to think bus enthusiasts want to cut services and cut routes and chop key working sites out of a bus route to save one bus an hour operating

Shouldn't bus enthusiasts be looking at adding buses and routes and serve locations

Once you cut a service it never comes back ever!

Look at routes from the 80s and 90s we have never seen them back
DaveFromUpNorth
04 Apr 2022, 11:35 pm #2,148

Problem with 309 310 311 the timings are pretty much accurate on the core corridor however the timings relate to traffic congestion on the Coast Road / Cradlewell / Corner House area

Imo leave the routes going through Silverlink and Cobalt

It would be criminal to change this current plan and also its not just the route you would effect but the branding Cobalt and Coast

GNE has the monopoly on commuting from Newcastle to Cobalt and Silverlink over SNE 22 service

Cutting a service pushes people to use cars and not buses

Which is the opposite idea of operating a bus service

I sometimes can't decide if people are being like thatcher and wanting to cut services and jobs or actually help the industry and give them ideas to run a service!

The X39 runs at core times to provide an Express service but doesn't warrant a regular service

It's crazy to think bus enthusiasts want to cut services and cut routes and chop key working sites out of a bus route to save one bus an hour operating

Shouldn't bus enthusiasts be looking at adding buses and routes and serve locations

Once you cut a service it never comes back ever!

Look at routes from the 80s and 90s we have never seen them back

N1cholas

05 Apr 2022, 6:44 am #2,149
With the X11 returning for the summer season, i wonder if it could be extended to serve sunderland interchange adding an extra stop for passengers without having to travel to washington to have a day out, it would only add 15 mins to the journey and would create a new link
N1cholas
05 Apr 2022, 6:44 am #2,149

With the X11 returning for the summer season, i wonder if it could be extended to serve sunderland interchange adding an extra stop for passengers without having to travel to washington to have a day out, it would only add 15 mins to the journey and would create a new link

cbma06

05 Apr 2022, 10:23 am #2,150
(05 Apr 2022, 6:44 am)N1cholas With the X11 returning for the summer season, i wonder if it could be extended to serve sunderland interchange adding an extra stop for passengers without having to travel to washington to have a day out, it would only add 15 mins to the journey and would create a new link

Passengers from Sunderland could board the x6 and get off at the moorcock and walk round a corner and get the x11 from A19 slip road southbound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
05 Apr 2022, 10:23 am #2,150

(05 Apr 2022, 6:44 am)N1cholas With the X11 returning for the summer season, i wonder if it could be extended to serve sunderland interchange adding an extra stop for passengers without having to travel to washington to have a day out, it would only add 15 mins to the journey and would create a new link

Passengers from Sunderland could board the x6 and get off at the moorcock and walk round a corner and get the x11 from A19 slip road southbound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmi

05 Apr 2022, 11:08 am #2,151
Would probs add more than 15 minutes into the equation when you also factor in the fact the service calls at Washington Galleries (or at least it did last year). Be easier to just add a stop at Dalton Park where passengers could catch the 61/62/X6 from Sunderland (could also enable a connection from Durham on service 65), this would only add around 5 minutes into the schedule.

Alternatively passengers can get the 2/2A/8 between Sunderland to The Galleries or X6 to Peterlee but that's a less attractive option IMO.
Jimmi
05 Apr 2022, 11:08 am #2,151

Would probs add more than 15 minutes into the equation when you also factor in the fact the service calls at Washington Galleries (or at least it did last year). Be easier to just add a stop at Dalton Park where passengers could catch the 61/62/X6 from Sunderland (could also enable a connection from Durham on service 65), this would only add around 5 minutes into the schedule.

Alternatively passengers can get the 2/2A/8 between Sunderland to The Galleries or X6 to Peterlee but that's a less attractive option IMO.

Storx

05 Apr 2022, 1:46 pm #2,152
Wonder if there would be a better case for flipping Sunderland for Washington. It's a much larger area and has much more connections including a Metro connection. Most people connecting at Washington could easily get to Sunderland / Gateshead or Peterlee depending where they are.

Driving wise it's only 5 or minutes difference rather than a 15 minute extension.
Storx
05 Apr 2022, 1:46 pm #2,152

Wonder if there would be a better case for flipping Sunderland for Washington. It's a much larger area and has much more connections including a Metro connection. Most people connecting at Washington could easily get to Sunderland / Gateshead or Peterlee depending where they are.

Driving wise it's only 5 or minutes difference rather than a 15 minute extension.

JP6004

05 Apr 2022, 2:02 pm #2,153
(05 Apr 2022, 1:46 pm)Storx Wonder if there would be a better case for flipping Sunderland for Washington. It's a much larger area and has much more connections including a Metro connection. Most people connecting at Washington could easily get to Sunderland / Gateshead or Peterlee depending where they are.

Or people in Sunderland could get the train...
JP6004
05 Apr 2022, 2:02 pm #2,153

(05 Apr 2022, 1:46 pm)Storx Wonder if there would be a better case for flipping Sunderland for Washington. It's a much larger area and has much more connections including a Metro connection. Most people connecting at Washington could easily get to Sunderland / Gateshead or Peterlee depending where they are.

Or people in Sunderland could get the train...

Malarkey

05 Apr 2022, 3:22 pm #2,154

For me I think it would be more beneficial to have two separate services which cover the local areas for example:

X11 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Chester-Le-Street - Durham - Darlington - Whitby - Scarborough

X11A - Washington Galleries - Sunderland - Peterlee - Billingham - Stockton - Middlesbrough - Whitby - Scarborough
Malarkey
05 Apr 2022, 3:22 pm #2,154

For me I think it would be more beneficial to have two separate services which cover the local areas for example:

X11 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Chester-Le-Street - Durham - Darlington - Whitby - Scarborough

X11A - Washington Galleries - Sunderland - Peterlee - Billingham - Stockton - Middlesbrough - Whitby - Scarborough

V514DFT

05 Apr 2022, 3:32 pm #2,155
(05 Apr 2022, 3:22 pm)Malarkey For me I think it would be more beneficial to have two separate services which cover the local areas for example:

Or for easiness call your  X11A the X12, saves the classic 'that would cause confusion' line from coming out

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
05 Apr 2022, 3:32 pm #2,155

(05 Apr 2022, 3:22 pm)Malarkey For me I think it would be more beneficial to have two separate services which cover the local areas for example:

Or for easiness call your  X11A the X12, saves the classic 'that would cause confusion' line from coming out

Kind Regards
Tez

Storx

05 Apr 2022, 4:01 pm #2,156

Ngl I was thinking the same thing but not sure there's the demand though. Mind I'd change it around so it's

X11 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Sunderland - Peterlee - Billingham - Middlesbrough - Whitby - Scarborough
X11A - Washington - Chester Le Street - Durham - Sedgefield - Stockton - Whitby - Scarborough

The Newcastle route there from Newcastle would take hours via Darlington and I can't see them using it anyway as they could just do X66/X67 -> X93 on Arriva Day Tickets. The route the X12 takes omitting Coxhoe is by far the most sensible route imo.

(05 Apr 2022, 3:32 pm)V514DFT Or for easiness call your  X11A the X12, saves the classic 'that would cause confusion' line from coming out

The X12 is worse as you'd have two X12's in Middlesbrough like.
Storx
05 Apr 2022, 4:01 pm #2,156

Ngl I was thinking the same thing but not sure there's the demand though. Mind I'd change it around so it's

X11 - Newcastle - Gateshead - Sunderland - Peterlee - Billingham - Middlesbrough - Whitby - Scarborough
X11A - Washington - Chester Le Street - Durham - Sedgefield - Stockton - Whitby - Scarborough

The Newcastle route there from Newcastle would take hours via Darlington and I can't see them using it anyway as they could just do X66/X67 -> X93 on Arriva Day Tickets. The route the X12 takes omitting Coxhoe is by far the most sensible route imo.

(05 Apr 2022, 3:32 pm)V514DFT Or for easiness call your  X11A the X12, saves the classic 'that would cause confusion' line from coming out

Malarkey

05 Apr 2022, 4:40 pm #2,157
(05 Apr 2022, 4:01 pm)Storx Ngl I was thinking the same thing but not sure there's the demand though. Mind I'd change it around so it's

There was definitely demand from Washington last summer as on numerous occasions a second vehicle had to be provided to avoid leaving passengers behind, I do think this needs to be handled better this year if the X11 does return by having a vehicle on Standby at The Galleries rather than coming from Riverside dead an hour later.

I'd also potentially omit Gateshead given connections from the X10 at Peterlee/Stockton and Middlesbrough thus speeding up the Newcastle to Sunderland section to operate similarly to that of Megabus/NatEx Services.
Malarkey
05 Apr 2022, 4:40 pm #2,157

(05 Apr 2022, 4:01 pm)Storx Ngl I was thinking the same thing but not sure there's the demand though. Mind I'd change it around so it's

There was definitely demand from Washington last summer as on numerous occasions a second vehicle had to be provided to avoid leaving passengers behind, I do think this needs to be handled better this year if the X11 does return by having a vehicle on Standby at The Galleries rather than coming from Riverside dead an hour later.

I'd also potentially omit Gateshead given connections from the X10 at Peterlee/Stockton and Middlesbrough thus speeding up the Newcastle to Sunderland section to operate similarly to that of Megabus/NatEx Services.

JP6004

05 Apr 2022, 4:48 pm #2,158
(05 Apr 2022, 4:40 pm)Malarkey There was definitely demand from Washington last summer as on numerous occasions a second vehicle had to be provided to avoid leaving passengers behind, I do think this needs to be handled better this year if the X11 does return by having a vehicle on Standby at The Galleries rather than coming from Riverside dead an hour later.

Why omit Gateshead? Bus woukd have to drive past interchange anyway. X11 is fine exactly the the way it is, don't know ow why people suggesting it to to Sunderland when they have direct train
JP6004
05 Apr 2022, 4:48 pm #2,158

(05 Apr 2022, 4:40 pm)Malarkey There was definitely demand from Washington last summer as on numerous occasions a second vehicle had to be provided to avoid leaving passengers behind, I do think this needs to be handled better this year if the X11 does return by having a vehicle on Standby at The Galleries rather than coming from Riverside dead an hour later.

Why omit Gateshead? Bus woukd have to drive past interchange anyway. X11 is fine exactly the the way it is, don't know ow why people suggesting it to to Sunderland when they have direct train

Unber43

05 Apr 2022, 4:48 pm #2,159
(05 Apr 2022, 4:48 pm)JP6004 Why omit Gateshead? Bus woukd have to drive past interchange anyway. X11 is fine exactly the the way it is, don't know ow why people suggesting it to to Sunderland when they have direct train
last time I checked so did Newcastle.
Unber43
05 Apr 2022, 4:48 pm #2,159

(05 Apr 2022, 4:48 pm)JP6004 Why omit Gateshead? Bus woukd have to drive past interchange anyway. X11 is fine exactly the the way it is, don't know ow why people suggesting it to to Sunderland when they have direct train
last time I checked so did Newcastle.

JP6004

05 Apr 2022, 4:52 pm #2,160
(05 Apr 2022, 4:48 pm)Unber43 last time I checked so did Newcastle.
And takes a lot longer
JP6004
05 Apr 2022, 4:52 pm #2,160

(05 Apr 2022, 4:48 pm)Unber43 last time I checked so did Newcastle.
And takes a lot longer

Pages (150) Previous 1107 108 109150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average