You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: What's the longest NSA
(04 Jul 2022, 4:13 pm)Unber43 wrote Maybe the East Durham Explorer as it reads out the entire name at every stop.
That drives me up the wall.
The longest one I'd thought of from the top of my head was "Newcastle - Eldon Square Bus Station",
but out of the stops on the 65, I think "Buckinghamshire Road - Nottinghamshire Road" would be the longest stop name.

I had "Washington District 15 Exit" on the route of the 8 in mind at first, but that's definitely not the longest stop name!

Outside of the north east, I wonder if next stop announcements for buses going through Llanfairpwllgwyngyll simply say "Llanfairpwllgwyngyll" or if they use the full name, i.e. Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch.
[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]
(04 Jul 2022, 8:07 pm)wibblejunior wrote The longest one I'd thought of from the top of my head was "Newcastle - Eldon Square Bus Station",
but out of the stops on the 65, I think "Buckinghamshire Road - Nottinghamshire Road" would be the longest stop name.

I had "Washington District 15 Exit" on the route of the 8 in mind at first, but that's definitely not the longest stop name!

Outside of the north east, I wonder if next stop announcements for buses going through Llanfairpwllgwyngyll simply say "Llanfairpwllgwyngyll" or if they use the full name, i.e. Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch.
To locals who live there its just LlanfairPG
(04 Jul 2022, 8:07 pm)wibblejunior wrote The longest one I'd thought of from the top of my head was "Newcastle - Eldon Square Bus Station",

Trains use Llanfairpwll so assume buses would aswell Tongue
I don’t think a long stop name is an issue as you should only hear it once per journey.

What is rather annoying and unnecessary is having three-worded route name repeatedly added in front of the essential info (route number and destination), such as East Durham Explorer, Red Kite Ranger, East Gateshead Rider etc.

I’d always thought the Xlines announcements would’ve sounded nicer if they’d said “This is the X21 Line to…” rather than “This is the Xlines X21 to…”.
Are we including things like the waffle about Durham and Bishop Auckland Castle on the X21?

She certainly goes on for a while about Durham Cathedral being above a tight loop of the River Wear (which isn't true, because it's not a loop!), and Bishop Auckland Castle being a crap castle because it's got no fortification
What about the Stagecoach 36 that must be one of the longest. “Next Stop Hartlepool Town Centre The Arches. Alight here for local bus connections via a short walk along York Road.”