You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

The Major Allocation Changes: July 24th Service Changes

RE: The Major Allocation Changes: July 24th Service Changes
Overheard the supervisor at Metrocentre telling a customer that A-ha Distribution are no longer putting the timetables in the rack there. Which is rather unfortunate given the number of people he had to fend off asking what the new times are.
(25 Jul 2022, 10:07 am)peter wrote 8339/42 are on the 34 which I believe is still at Chester. Washington seem to have 8294-98 and 8319-8328 which seems like a lot of Versa's for a PVR of 7 across the 25/28/29.

Ye it does, wonder where they'll end up?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Jul 2022, 10:07 am)peter wrote 8339/42 are on the 34 which I believe is still at Chester. Washington seem to have 8294-98 and 8319-8328 which seems like a lot of Versa's for a PVR of 7 across the 25/28/29.
it is only 15. 

And lets face it, there will be atleast 2-4 off at a time, so that say 10, then there is usally 2-3 on the 8, so thats 13. So really there are 4 which should provide cover for other washington services.

Not to mention the two versa's on the X1
(25 Jul 2022, 10:47 am)Unber43 wrote it is only 15. 

And lets face it, there will be atleast 2-4 off at a time, so that say 10, then there is usally 2-3 on the 8, so thats 13. So really there are 4 which should provide cover for other washington services.

Not to mention the two versa's on the X1

8295 is currently on the 4, so you are probably right about having versas as spares.
Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
Tbh there hasn't been the great swathe of allocation changes and repaints from these service changes that we might have expected. Perhaps GNE are holding off until things settle in, or maybe the next round of changes is already in the pipeline.
(25 Jul 2022, 10:13 am)Unber43 wrote Seems X71 & X72 will operate sometimes with streetdecks

It's temporary imo.

There's 5 MMC's off the road and 2 B9TL's off the road today. No doubt wherever they will go will send spares back in the opposite direction for the Consett services.

I still think it'll involve the 57 or 58. It's noticeable that the 57 has a full Euro 5 Double Decker allocation today bar 1 Streetlite.

Riverside seems to be:
6/12/51/52 - Streetlites
49/49A/67/69 - Versas
57 - Any DD Going
10/10A/10B/27/93/94/58(Minus 1 there's not enough) - B9TL
Site Administrator

8294-96/98 are on loan to L&G Coaches who are running Washington work for Go North East.

Likewise 5285 at A-line Coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(25 Jul 2022, 10:43 am)DeltaMan wrote Overheard the supervisor at Metrocentre telling a customer that A-ha Distribution are no longer putting the timetables in the rack there. Which is rather unfortunate given the number of people he had to fend off asking what the new times are.

I did wonder if printed timetables would be another casualty of the recent changes...sounds like might be the case?  Combined with Stagecoach's woeful attempt (printing timetables for Newcastle services but then making them literally impossible to get hold of, on vehicles or off) - looks like we're moving backwards here.
(25 Jul 2022, 11:28 am)peter wrote Tbh there hasn't been the great swathe of allocation changes and repaints from these service changes that we might have expected. Perhaps GNE are holding off until things settle in, or maybe the next round of changes is already in the pipeline.
Will be fun seeing Red Kites (featured on the livery) flying through Bishop Auckland and West Auckland!

To be honest, probably a sensible move from GNE.
(25 Jul 2022, 4:55 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote I did wonder if printed timetables would be another casualty of the recent changes...sounds like might be the case?  Combined with Stagecoach's woeful attempt (printing timetables for Newcastle services but then making them literally impossible to get hold of, on vehicles or off) - looks like we're moving backwards here.

Maybe the delay in Tenders getting awarded (think only a couple of weeks ago in Durham's case) and this been rather close to start date, they are still getting proof checked and printed?
(25 Jul 2022, 6:30 pm)citaro5284 wrote Maybe the delay in Tenders getting awarded (think only a couple of weeks ago in Durham's case) and this been rather close to start date, they are still getting proof checked and printed?

Disgraceful. Putting the eBay timetable touts out of business! Smile
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(25 Jul 2022, 4:55 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote I did wonder if printed timetables would be another casualty of the recent changes...sounds like might be the case?  Combined with Stagecoach's woeful attempt (printing timetables for Newcastle services but then making them literally impossible to get hold of, on vehicles or off) - looks like we're moving backwards here.
If this is the case I wonder if Martijn will mention that to his inner circle on Twitter (Alex Hornby, Ray Stenning, Roger French etc)
(25 Jul 2022, 10:13 am)Unber43 wrote Seems X71 & X72 will operate sometimes with streetdecks
Does anyone know what buses have been withdrawn? I think Consett will loose their Streetdecks and just have the E400's for X lines work. The Streetdecks ending up possibly on the X21 to replace the often unreliable B5's plus an extra one for the X1
Why is everyone so insistent on replacing the B5s on the X21 when they're doing just fine on there and realistically there's no other route they'd be suited for? Besides, weren't they originally put on the X21 because the Streetdecks previously used on the route were deemed unsuitable?
[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]
(26 Jul 2022, 8:49 am)wibblejunior wrote Why is everyone so insistent on replacing the B5s on the X21 when they're doing just fine on there and realistically there's no other route they'd be suited for? Besides, weren't they originally put on the X21 because the Streetdecks previously used on the route were deemed unsuitable?
Pretty much the reason given, must say I'd sooner see the B5s remain on the X21 vice StreetDecks again as the B5s have a higher top speed which considering there's no longer the luxury of lengthy layovers in the schedule is more beneficial for timekeeping than a StreetDeck only able to do a max speed of 48mph.
(26 Jul 2022, 8:49 am)wibblejunior wrote Why is everyone so insistent on replacing the B5s on the X21 when they're doing just fine on there and realistically there's no other route they'd be suited for? Besides, weren't they originally put on the X21 because the Streetdecks previously used on the route were deemed unsuitable?
I think its because there isn't enough to fill the PVR
(26 Jul 2022, 8:23 am)ian foster wrote Does anyone know what buses have been withdrawn? I think Consett will loose their Streetdecks and just have the E400's for X lines work. The Streetdecks ending up possibly on the X21 to replace the often unreliable B5's plus an extra one for the X1
Well at least one of those Consett street decks is on the 50, today.
(26 Jul 2022, 10:32 am)Unber43 wrote Seems 6331/2 have been moved to Washington. 

I'd imagine 6333 will move to Riverside or Washington aswell.
So 6331-33 would cover a Euro 6 decker PVR of 19x at Washington.

- 6364-77 - X1
- 6301-07 - 50
Effectively, 8x StreetDecks = a PVR of 8x on the X21. Yes 6301-07 had issues but 6314-33 including some which did time on the X21 and 6356-76 (excl 6377 as 6 Cyl) have been no bother even with an extended X1.
(26 Jul 2022, 8:23 am)ian foster wrote Does anyone know what buses have been withdrawn? I think Consett will loose their Streetdecks and just have the E400's for X lines work. The Streetdecks ending up possibly on the X21 to replace the often unreliable B5's plus an extra one for the X1

Seems like the 06 Plate Gemini's at Consett, Euro 4 Versa's (or will be when the Streetlites run seem to be going onto the 34) and the 2 Citaro's at Washington that have been the ones withdrawn. No doubt the remaining Dual Door B7's will go when the ex London buses come into service.

Also it seems like the 57 and 58 are going to be decker operated as they've both had a full allocation of them for the past 2 days now bar 1 Streetlite so no doubt wherever the Streetdeck's are going will push something onto there (if not on there).
(26 Jul 2022, 4:52 pm)Storx wrote Seems like the 06 Plate Gemini's at Consett, Euro 4 Versa's (or will be when the Streetlites run seem to be going onto the 34) and the 2 Citaro's at Washington that have been the ones withdrawn. No doubt the remaining Dual Door B7's will go when the ex London buses come into service.

Also it seems like the 57 and 58 are going to be decker operated as they've both had a full allocation of them for the past 2 days now bar 1 Streetlite so no doubt wherever the Streetdeck's are going will push something onto there (if not on there).
Bring back Lambton Worm for 34  Tongue
(26 Jul 2022, 5:51 pm)JP6004 wrote Bring back Lambton Worm for 34  Tongue
Bring back the other older Chester brands such as the Whey Aye Five O. That brand would of been so perfect for the 50 extension to Marsden Bay
(26 Jul 2022, 5:51 pm)JP6004 wrote Bring back Lambton Worm for 34  Tongue

Must admit I did like that brand but I never got it being on the 34. Believe it's all based around Fatfield so kinda didn't make sense.
Saw one of 6172-75 on the contract 850 scholars this afternoon so guess these may have moved to Riverside?
(26 Jul 2022, 7:47 pm)Storx wrote Must admit I did like that brand but I never got it being on the 34. Believe it's all based around Fatfield so kinda didn't make sense.
Bizarre use of branding. Initially with the 71 and then the 34.
Neither went close to Worm Hill or anywhere close to the source of the legend.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(26 Jul 2022, 9:08 pm)Andreos1 wrote Bizarre use of branding. Initially with the 71 and then the 34.
Neither went close to Worm Hill or anywhere close to the source of the legend.

Can’t say I’m that au fait with the origins either but perhaps it should been have been used on the 2/2A Washington to Sunderland routes. At least it might have made some sense - and of course the 2/2A is another route that’s had more brand identities than it should have, Silver Arrows/Simplicity/Black Cats and perhaps the worst of all the incumbent ‘Sunderland District Berries’.
(26 Jul 2022, 9:16 pm)Drifter60 wrote Can’t say I’m that au fait with the origins either but perhaps it should been have been used on the 2/2A Washington to Sunderland routes. At least it might have made some sense - and of course the 2/2A is another route that’s had more brand identities than it should have, Silver Arrows/Simplicity/Black Cats and perhaps the worst of all the incumbent ‘Sunderland District Berries’.

#bringbackSilverArrow
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.