Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Fictional Service Ideas

Fictional Service Ideas

Fictional Service Ideas

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (5) Previous 13 4 5 Next
26 Nov 2022, 11:46 am #61
Here is an idea to improve Services in South Tyneside.

70: Washington Galleries, Monkton Lane, Lukes Lane, Hebburn, Jarrow, Tyne Dock, South Tyneside Hospital, King George Road, Harton Nook, Centenary Avenue, Horsley Hill.

Would operate hourly with a Luxury EV.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
26 Nov 2022, 11:46 am #61

Here is an idea to improve Services in South Tyneside.

70: Washington Galleries, Monkton Lane, Lukes Lane, Hebburn, Jarrow, Tyne Dock, South Tyneside Hospital, King George Road, Harton Nook, Centenary Avenue, Horsley Hill.

26 Nov 2022, 12:45 pm #62
(26 Nov 2022, 11:46 am)ASX_Terranova Here is an idea to improve Services in South Tyneside.

Isn't that mostly the old 544.
deanmachine
26 Nov 2022, 12:45 pm #62

(26 Nov 2022, 11:46 am)ASX_Terranova Here is an idea to improve Services in South Tyneside.

Isn't that mostly the old 544.

26 Nov 2022, 2:10 pm #63
(26 Nov 2022, 12:45 pm)deanmachine Isn't that mostly the old 544.

Its actually mainly the old 526. I was thinking of bringing back quite a few of the old 5xx Services as sort of an EV Minibus Network.

ASX_Terranova
26 Nov 2022, 2:10 pm #63

(26 Nov 2022, 12:45 pm)deanmachine Isn't that mostly the old 544.

Its actually mainly the old 526. I was thinking of bringing back quite a few of the old 5xx Services as sort of an EV Minibus Network.

13 Mar 2023, 2:34 pm #64
Here is my idea for a commerical Washington TaxiBus Network.
All routes would be operated with a 10-12 seater minibus.

TB4:.
The Galleries, Oxclose, Blackfell, Springwell Village, Leam Lane, Fewster Square, Heworth.

TB5:
Crowther Ind Est, Ayton, Lambton, The Galleries, Washington Village, Fatfield, Harraton.

TB6:
The Galleries, Biddick, Barmston Court, Teal Farm, Waterview Park, Cherry Blossom Way, Sulgrave, Coach Road Estate, Donwell, B&Q, Albany, The Galleries.

TB7:
The Galleries, Albany, B&Q, Donwell, Coach Road Estate, Sulgrave, Cherry Blossom Way, Waterview Park, Teal Farm, Barmston Court, Biddick, The Galleries.

TB8:
The Galleries, Glebe, Fatfield, Penshaw, Barnwell, Shiney Row.

For a basic route map and mock timetables see attachments.
Attached Files
.pdf
TaxiBus Routes.pdf
Size 423.51 KB / Downloads 14
.pdf
Washignton TaxiBus Timetables.pdf
Size 267.26 KB / Downloads 9

ASX_Terranova
13 Mar 2023, 2:34 pm #64

Here is my idea for a commerical Washington TaxiBus Network.
All routes would be operated with a 10-12 seater minibus.

TB4:.
The Galleries, Oxclose, Blackfell, Springwell Village, Leam Lane, Fewster Square, Heworth.

TB5:
Crowther Ind Est, Ayton, Lambton, The Galleries, Washington Village, Fatfield, Harraton.

TB6:
The Galleries, Biddick, Barmston Court, Teal Farm, Waterview Park, Cherry Blossom Way, Sulgrave, Coach Road Estate, Donwell, B&Q, Albany, The Galleries.

TB7:
The Galleries, Albany, B&Q, Donwell, Coach Road Estate, Sulgrave, Cherry Blossom Way, Waterview Park, Teal Farm, Barmston Court, Biddick, The Galleries.

TB8:
The Galleries, Glebe, Fatfield, Penshaw, Barnwell, Shiney Row.

For a basic route map and mock timetables see attachments.

Attached Files
.pdf
TaxiBus Routes.pdf
Size 423.51 KB / Downloads 14
.pdf
Washignton TaxiBus Timetables.pdf
Size 267.26 KB / Downloads 9

16 Mar 2023, 7:42 am #65
Commercial Taxibus?
NEbushopper
16 Mar 2023, 7:42 am #65

Commercial Taxibus?

16 Mar 2023, 1:05 pm #66
(16 Mar 2023, 7:42 am)NEbushopper Commercial Taxibus?

Like the TB14, TB29, etc... except its funded by the operator instead of by Nexus.

ASX_Terranova
16 Mar 2023, 1:05 pm #66

(16 Mar 2023, 7:42 am)NEbushopper Commercial Taxibus?

Like the TB14, TB29, etc... except its funded by the operator instead of by Nexus.

28 Mar 2023, 5:29 am #67
(27 Mar 2023, 4:35 pm)Storx Aye I seen, I thought they might've gone ahead with the new W2 in addition to the 51 during the day.

Would've gave a 30 minute bus route throughout rather than the bizarre 30 minute plus hourly service duplicating each other between Briardene and Whitley Bay.

As I said in the other thread they should scrap the W2 and use it to fund the 51 and 54 in the evening instead imo, should be the same driver hours give or take and actually offer something useful. Shiremoor has a piss poor service now and Backworth and North Whitley Bay have nothing in an evening. It's just wrong even if there's not much demand there.

If Nexus were to introduce an evening service to Backworth, It might just go from Killingworth - Backworth - Northumberland Park Metro. With the Metro and soon completed national rail station taking the trunk journeys. As for Shiremoor, Nexus would tell people to use the Metro.

Proposed 354 Route:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/55.03589...m2!4m1!3e0

Makes sense in my mind and also reduces PVR and cost aswell

(Couldn't find secured service suggestions. Please move there if needed)
NEbushopper
28 Mar 2023, 5:29 am #67

(27 Mar 2023, 4:35 pm)Storx Aye I seen, I thought they might've gone ahead with the new W2 in addition to the 51 during the day.

Would've gave a 30 minute bus route throughout rather than the bizarre 30 minute plus hourly service duplicating each other between Briardene and Whitley Bay.

As I said in the other thread they should scrap the W2 and use it to fund the 51 and 54 in the evening instead imo, should be the same driver hours give or take and actually offer something useful. Shiremoor has a piss poor service now and Backworth and North Whitley Bay have nothing in an evening. It's just wrong even if there's not much demand there.

If Nexus were to introduce an evening service to Backworth, It might just go from Killingworth - Backworth - Northumberland Park Metro. With the Metro and soon completed national rail station taking the trunk journeys. As for Shiremoor, Nexus would tell people to use the Metro.

Proposed 354 Route:

18 Apr 2023, 3:55 pm #68
New Service X7
Waldridge Village, Waldridge Park, Chester-Le-Street, Park Road North, Barley Mow, Ayton, Lambton, The Galleries, Washington Village, A195, Lingey Lane, Felling Square, then Non Stop to Newcastle. 

Benefits
Direct Buses from Waldridge Park & Waldridge Village into Newcastle.
Earlier & Later buses on the 701D Route (which this would replace)
Would allow some areas affected by 82A removal to retain a service.
Extra fast buses from Newcastle to Washington and/or Chester-Le-Street.
Express buses from Lingey Lane, Meresyde, Grange Road and Felling Square into Newcastle.

ASX_Terranova
18 Apr 2023, 3:55 pm #68

New Service X7
Waldridge Village, Waldridge Park, Chester-Le-Street, Park Road North, Barley Mow, Ayton, Lambton, The Galleries, Washington Village, A195, Lingey Lane, Felling Square, then Non Stop to Newcastle. 

Benefits
Direct Buses from Waldridge Park & Waldridge Village into Newcastle.
Earlier & Later buses on the 701D Route (which this would replace)
Would allow some areas affected by 82A removal to retain a service.
Extra fast buses from Newcastle to Washington and/or Chester-Le-Street.
Express buses from Lingey Lane, Meresyde, Grange Road and Felling Square into Newcastle.

Storx

18 Apr 2023, 10:09 pm #69
(28 Mar 2023, 5:29 am)NEbushopper If Nexus were to introduce an evening service to Backworth, It might just go from Killingworth - Backworth - Northumberland Park Metro. With the Metro and soon completed national rail station taking the trunk journeys. As for Shiremoor, Nexus would tell people to use the Metro.

Proposed 354 Route:

I'd the say the rest of the 54 is needed aswell pretty much, there's no bus service from Killingworth / Longbenton through to Gosforth - it might not be the busiest link but it's probably needed.

Sorry didn't reply just seen it now. I would be tempted to terminate it at N'land Park mind. Other than the Killingworth to Whitley Bay links, the other side is a bit of a pointless duplicate.

Btw if you done that might be a case of extending the other 19 instead?
Storx
18 Apr 2023, 10:09 pm #69

(28 Mar 2023, 5:29 am)NEbushopper If Nexus were to introduce an evening service to Backworth, It might just go from Killingworth - Backworth - Northumberland Park Metro. With the Metro and soon completed national rail station taking the trunk journeys. As for Shiremoor, Nexus would tell people to use the Metro.

Proposed 354 Route:

I'd the say the rest of the 54 is needed aswell pretty much, there's no bus service from Killingworth / Longbenton through to Gosforth - it might not be the busiest link but it's probably needed.

Sorry didn't reply just seen it now. I would be tempted to terminate it at N'land Park mind. Other than the Killingworth to Whitley Bay links, the other side is a bit of a pointless duplicate.

Btw if you done that might be a case of extending the other 19 instead?

22 Apr 2023, 8:58 am #70
Which service would benefit more people?
The X7 i suggested in post #68 or a service between Washington, Birtley, Team Valley & Newcastle.

ASX_Terranova
22 Apr 2023, 8:58 am #70

Which service would benefit more people?
The X7 i suggested in post #68 or a service between Washington, Birtley, Team Valley & Newcastle.

V514DFT

26 Apr 2023, 1:57 pm #71
Personally i'd swap the 53 and 54 back over and do something like this
51 Newcastle- Northumberland Park
53 Cramlingon- Whitley Bay (old 343)
54 Newcastle- North Shields (old 356)
56 Newcastle- Whitley Bay ( old 355)
57/57A both go to North Shields
57 via Preston Grange Morrisons and Preston Road North 57A unchanged

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
26 Apr 2023, 1:57 pm #71

Personally i'd swap the 53 and 54 back over and do something like this

Kind Regards
Tez

Storx

26 Apr 2023, 5:39 pm #72
(26 Apr 2023, 1:57 pm)V514DFT Personally i'd swap the 53 and 54 back over and do something like this

Sounds like you want to resurrect old routes there like :p.

Not sure there needs to be a 15 minute service between Gosforth and Longbenton though (355/356). 

I'd say extend the 55 through instead though tbh. 

Personally though for some routes I'd do

51 - Every 30 Minutes throughout, no changes

53 - 335 route from Cobalt to North Shields omitting Murton.

57/57A - Cramlington - High Pit (57) / Fern Drive (57A) - Seghill - Seaton Delaval - Monkseaton - Whitley Bay - North Tyneside Hospital - Tynemouth Morrisons - Preston Village - North Shields - North Shields Fish Quay (Both Hourly)

58 - Ashington - Stakeford - Bedlington - Cramlington - East Cramlington - New Hartley - Seaton Delaval (omit Elsdon) - Seghill - Backworth - Northumberland Park - Cobalt - Royal Quays - North Shields Ferry - North Shields (Hourly)

59 - Newcastle - Gosforth - Longbenton - Killingworth (Every 30 Minutes) - Backworth - Cobalt - same as above (Hourly)

317 - North Shields to Wallsend only

Current: 19/57/57A/58/317(North Shields to Whitley Bay)/335(Murton to North Shields)/W2 withdrawn. 

Would clean stuff up.
Storx
26 Apr 2023, 5:39 pm #72

(26 Apr 2023, 1:57 pm)V514DFT Personally i'd swap the 53 and 54 back over and do something like this

Sounds like you want to resurrect old routes there like :p.

Not sure there needs to be a 15 minute service between Gosforth and Longbenton though (355/356). 

I'd say extend the 55 through instead though tbh. 

Personally though for some routes I'd do

51 - Every 30 Minutes throughout, no changes

53 - 335 route from Cobalt to North Shields omitting Murton.

57/57A - Cramlington - High Pit (57) / Fern Drive (57A) - Seghill - Seaton Delaval - Monkseaton - Whitley Bay - North Tyneside Hospital - Tynemouth Morrisons - Preston Village - North Shields - North Shields Fish Quay (Both Hourly)

58 - Ashington - Stakeford - Bedlington - Cramlington - East Cramlington - New Hartley - Seaton Delaval (omit Elsdon) - Seghill - Backworth - Northumberland Park - Cobalt - Royal Quays - North Shields Ferry - North Shields (Hourly)

59 - Newcastle - Gosforth - Longbenton - Killingworth (Every 30 Minutes) - Backworth - Cobalt - same as above (Hourly)

317 - North Shields to Wallsend only

Current: 19/57/57A/58/317(North Shields to Whitley Bay)/335(Murton to North Shields)/W2 withdrawn. 

Would clean stuff up.

03 Jun 2023, 5:10 pm #73
I have two new ideas that are simliar following recent service withdrawls:

Idea A: Hourly ANE Route X21 (Darlo - Trimdons) then Express to Newcastle. Unsure on Routing after Trimdon or PVR.

Idea B: Darlington, Haugton-Le-Skerne, Sadberge, Great Stainton, Fishburn, Coxhoe, Ayton, Lambton, The Galleries, Team Valley, Newcastle (PVR 7 if Half-Hourly).

I would like to have either service operated by buses of similar interiors to those branded as Stagecoach Gold and with double deckers if possible.
I have calculated the routing and PVR of Idea B based on the buses being allocated to a Washington Based Depot.

ASX_Terranova
03 Jun 2023, 5:10 pm #73

I have two new ideas that are simliar following recent service withdrawls:

Idea A: Hourly ANE Route X21 (Darlo - Trimdons) then Express to Newcastle. Unsure on Routing after Trimdon or PVR.

Idea B: Darlington, Haugton-Le-Skerne, Sadberge, Great Stainton, Fishburn, Coxhoe, Ayton, Lambton, The Galleries, Team Valley, Newcastle (PVR 7 if Half-Hourly).

I would like to have either service operated by buses of similar interiors to those branded as Stagecoach Gold and with double deckers if possible.
I have calculated the routing and PVR of Idea B based on the buses being allocated to a Washington Based Depot.

Unber43

03 Jun 2023, 8:42 pm #74
I think the 20 should go Sunderland - Durham - Darlington
Unber43
03 Jun 2023, 8:42 pm #74

I think the 20 should go Sunderland - Durham - Darlington

04 Jun 2023, 2:41 pm #75
(03 Jun 2023, 8:42 pm)Unber43 I think the 20 should go Sunderland - Durham - Darlington

30 Minutes to Durham then Hourly to Darlo?
NEbushopper
04 Jun 2023, 2:41 pm #75

(03 Jun 2023, 8:42 pm)Unber43 I think the 20 should go Sunderland - Durham - Darlington

30 Minutes to Durham then Hourly to Darlo?

Storx

05 Jun 2023, 7:35 pm #76
imo the express network in County Durham should be:

X20: Sunderland - NON STOP - Barnes Roundabout - NON STOP - Board Inn - NON STOP - Houghton Le Spring - NON STOP - Belmont - Durham - Spennymoor - Bishop Auckland - West Auckland
X21: Newcastle - NON STOP - Cannon - NON STOP - Angel - NON STOP - Coach and Horses - Birtley - CLS - NON STOP - Pity Me - Durham - Spennymoor - Bishop Auckland - West Auckland
X22: Newcastle - NON STOP - Cannon - NON STOP - Angel - NON STOP - Coach and Horses - Birtley - CLS - NON STOP - Pity Me - Durham - NON STOP - Greenhills Business Park - NON STOP - Ferryhill - NON STOP - Chilton - NON STOP - Newton Aycliffe - NON STOP - Aycliffe Village - NON STOP - Morrisons North Road - NON STOP - Darlington
X23: Newcastle - NON STOP - Cannon - NON STOP - Angel - NON STOP - Coach and Horses - Birtley - CLS - NON STOP - Pity Me - Durham - Sedgefield - Stockton - Middlesbrough

X20: Every 30 Minutes Throughout
X21: Every 30 Minutes Throughout
X22: Every Hour Newcastle to Durham, Every 30 Minutes Durham to Darlington
X23: Every Hour Newcastle to Durham, Every 30 Minutes Durham to Middlesbrough

X20/X21 Combined: Every 15 Minutes, Durham to West Auckland
X21/X22/X23 Combined: Every 15 Minutes, Durham to Chester Le Street / Birtley / Newcastle

6: Withdrawn, replaced by X20/X21
X12: Replaced by X23
21: Every 10 Minutes, Newcastle to Angel, every 30 minutes from there to Brandon (Birtley moved to expresses), potential to run other routes like 25 28?
7/8/20: Ameded to reflect expresses, not doing that, potentially slower?.

It would give a proper interurban network, not the half arsed stuff with routes going around every house or duplicate routes. If the Newcastle side become popular then up the X22 and X23 to every 30 minutes.

Map:

Storx
05 Jun 2023, 7:35 pm #76

imo the express network in County Durham should be:

X20: Sunderland - NON STOP - Barnes Roundabout - NON STOP - Board Inn - NON STOP - Houghton Le Spring - NON STOP - Belmont - Durham - Spennymoor - Bishop Auckland - West Auckland
X21: Newcastle - NON STOP - Cannon - NON STOP - Angel - NON STOP - Coach and Horses - Birtley - CLS - NON STOP - Pity Me - Durham - Spennymoor - Bishop Auckland - West Auckland
X22: Newcastle - NON STOP - Cannon - NON STOP - Angel - NON STOP - Coach and Horses - Birtley - CLS - NON STOP - Pity Me - Durham - NON STOP - Greenhills Business Park - NON STOP - Ferryhill - NON STOP - Chilton - NON STOP - Newton Aycliffe - NON STOP - Aycliffe Village - NON STOP - Morrisons North Road - NON STOP - Darlington
X23: Newcastle - NON STOP - Cannon - NON STOP - Angel - NON STOP - Coach and Horses - Birtley - CLS - NON STOP - Pity Me - Durham - Sedgefield - Stockton - Middlesbrough

X21/X22/X23 Combined: Every 15 Minutes, Durham to Chester Le Street / Birtley / Newcastle

21: Every 10 Minutes, Newcastle to Angel, every 30 minutes from there to Brandon (Birtley moved to expresses), potential to run other routes like 25 28?

It would give a proper interurban network, not the half arsed stuff with routes going around every house or duplicate routes. If the Newcastle side become popular then up the X22 and X23 to every 30 minutes.

Map:

18 Jun 2023, 10:28 pm #77
I'm intending to create a network of buses in East Gateshead.

I already have the following:
19 (Gateshead - Racecourse Estate - Team Valley - Harlow Green - Wrekenton)
59 (Newcastle - Quayside - Saltmeadows - Friars Goose - Heworth - Hebburn - Lukes Lane)
68 (Bill Quay - Heworth - Furrowfield Estate - Deckham - Gateshead - Teams - Metrocentre)

I would like to add more services to the network, but I don't want to duplicate or replace any existing major GNE routes, any Ideas?

ASX_Terranova
18 Jun 2023, 10:28 pm #77

I'm intending to create a network of buses in East Gateshead.

59 (Newcastle - Quayside - Saltmeadows - Friars Goose - Heworth - Hebburn - Lukes Lane)
68 (Bill Quay - Heworth - Furrowfield Estate - Deckham - Gateshead - Teams - Metrocentre)

I would like to add more services to the network, but I don't want to duplicate or replace any existing major GNE routes, any Ideas?

Unber43

18 Jun 2023, 11:45 pm #78
(05 Jun 2023, 7:35 pm)Storx imo the express network in County Durham should be:

Map:

I've always thought the 20 should do the 7 route to Darlington, it being the slow bus, but it definetly would have to be ran out of two depots. With a change over either end...maybe a durham outsation
Unber43
18 Jun 2023, 11:45 pm #78

(05 Jun 2023, 7:35 pm)Storx imo the express network in County Durham should be:

Map:

I've always thought the 20 should do the 7 route to Darlington, it being the slow bus, but it definetly would have to be ran out of two depots. With a change over either end...maybe a durham outsation

20 Jun 2023, 6:34 pm #79
(18 Jun 2023, 10:28 pm)ASX_Terranova I'm intending to create a network of buses in East Gateshead.

I have now added the Following:
33 (Newcastle - Team Valley - Portobello - Washington - Rainton Bridge - Hetton)
41 (Sunderland - Barnes Park - Doxford Int - Newbottle - Rainton Bridge - Easington Lane - South Hetton)
42 (Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Shiney Row - Fence Houses - Houghton)
79 (Heworth - Leam Lane - Springwell - Blackfell - Washington - Barnwell - Houghton)
87 (Heworth - Wardley - Donwell - Washington - Harraton - Rickleton)
C1 (Northside Estate - Birtley - Portobello - Barley Mow - Chester-Le-Street - Waldridge Park)
C2 (Newfield - Pelton Fell - Chester-Le-Street - Great Lumley - Fence Houses - Houghton)
X3 (Sunderland - Silksworth - Doxford Park - Heworth - Felling Square - Gateshead - Newcastle)
X8 (Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Pallion - Cherry Blossom Way - Washington - Oxclose - Ayton - Chester-Le-Street)

Key:
East Gateshead (Branded as Heeders, also may include West Gateshead in future)
Washington (Branded as Washington Links)
Sunderland (Branded as Wearsider)
Chester-Le-Street (Unsure on Branding?)

ASX_Terranova
20 Jun 2023, 6:34 pm #79

(18 Jun 2023, 10:28 pm)ASX_Terranova I'm intending to create a network of buses in East Gateshead.

I have now added the Following:
33 (Newcastle - Team Valley - Portobello - Washington - Rainton Bridge - Hetton)
41 (Sunderland - Barnes Park - Doxford Int - Newbottle - Rainton Bridge - Easington Lane - South Hetton)
42 (Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Shiney Row - Fence Houses - Houghton)
79 (Heworth - Leam Lane - Springwell - Blackfell - Washington - Barnwell - Houghton)
C1 (Northside Estate - Birtley - Portobello - Barley Mow - Chester-Le-Street - Waldridge Park)
C2 (Newfield - Pelton Fell - Chester-Le-Street - Great Lumley - Fence Houses - Houghton)
X3 (Sunderland - Silksworth - Doxford Park - Heworth - Felling Square - Gateshead - Newcastle)
X8 (Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Pallion - Cherry Blossom Way - Washington - Oxclose - Ayton - Chester-Le-Street)

Key:

21 Jun 2023, 7:26 pm #80
(20 Jun 2023, 6:34 pm)ASX_Terranova I have now added the Following:
42 (Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Shiney Row - Success - Newbottle - Fence Houses - Rainton Bridge - Easington Lane - South Hetton)
X5 (Sunderland - Ashbrooke - Tunstall Village - Silksworth - Doxford Int - Cherry Blossom Way - Peel - Washington - Oxclose - Crowther - Ayton - Chester-Le-Street)

Key:

I have Mock NSA's for the 19 & X8. That will explain the route=ing at least of those two.
Attached Files
.pptx
19 NSA.pptx
Size 679.69 KB / Downloads 7
.pptx
X8 NSA.pptx
Size 681.8 KB / Downloads 5

ASX_Terranova
21 Jun 2023, 7:26 pm #80

(20 Jun 2023, 6:34 pm)ASX_Terranova I have now added the Following:
42 (Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Shiney Row - Success - Newbottle - Fence Houses - Rainton Bridge - Easington Lane - South Hetton)
X5 (Sunderland - Ashbrooke - Tunstall Village - Silksworth - Doxford Int - Cherry Blossom Way - Peel - Washington - Oxclose - Crowther - Ayton - Chester-Le-Street)

Key:

I have Mock NSA's for the 19 & X8. That will explain the route=ing at least of those two.

Attached Files
.pptx
19 NSA.pptx
Size 679.69 KB / Downloads 7
.pptx
X8 NSA.pptx
Size 681.8 KB / Downloads 5

Pages (5) Previous 13 4 5 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average