Menu

Pages (3)    1 2 3   
Andreos1   18 Mar 2023, 3:05 pm
(17 Mar 2023, 4:47 pm)Adrian wrote They've responded:

Noticed a 4 on the Highway last Sunday. Was heading between Mount Pleasant and Shiney. Just assumed the tunnel was shut. 
Probably a short term reaction to the vandalism.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
deanmachine   18 Mar 2023, 3:17 pm
(18 Mar 2023, 3:05 pm)Andreos1 wrote Noticed a 4 on the Highway last Sunday. Was heading between Mount Pleasant and Shiney. Just assumed the tunnel was shut. 
Probably a short term reaction to the vandalism.

Kids have been throwing "masonry" from the railway bridge, put a massive hole in the side of a 4 last week that injured a passenger.
Rob44   19 Mar 2023, 8:40 am
(18 Mar 2023, 3:17 pm)deanmachine wrote Kids have been throwing "masonry" from the railway bridge, put a massive hole in the side of a 4 last week that injured a passenger.

They should be done for attempted murder
F114TML   19 Mar 2023, 10:42 am
(19 Mar 2023, 8:40 am)Rob44 wrote They should be done for attempted murder
Good luck trying to prove they were intending to kill someone with it.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rob44   19 Mar 2023, 12:29 pm
throwing masonary at a bus from a bridge - what would you call it childhood shenanigan's?
Adrian   19 Mar 2023, 1:04 pm
(19 Mar 2023, 12:29 pm)Rob44 wrote throwing masonary at a bus from a bridge - what would you call it childhood shenanigan's?

It's not the point. As the previous poster stated, good luck trying to prove it's attempted murder. There has to be a specific intention there, which in this case, I highly doubt that there is.

That's not me defending or sticking up for people throwing ballast off the bridge at buses. It's completely reckless, and as we've seen, can cause serious injury or even death. I'm not sure what they'd go for as the charge though... maybe causing danger to road users under the Road Traffic Act? 

Of course, catching them will be the first step, but the Police seem completely incapable of doing that.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
V514DFT   19 Mar 2023, 1:57 pm
I'd personally call it, 'being a little c**t'

Kind Regards
Tez
TEN 6083   19 Mar 2023, 3:40 pm
I honestly don’t understand what goes through their minds to do such stupid things, someone is going to be seriously injured or killed if they continue with this mindless behaviour.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rob44   19 Mar 2023, 3:47 pm
(19 Mar 2023, 1:04 pm)Adrian wrote It's not the point. As the previous poster stated, good luck trying to prove it's attempted murder. There has to be a specific intention there, which in this case, I highly doubt that there is.

That's not me defending or sticking up for people throwing ballast off the bridge at buses. It's completely reckless, and as we've seen, can cause serious injury or even death. I'm not sure what they'd go for as the charge though... maybe causing danger to road users under the Road Traffic Act? 

Of course, catching them will be the first step, but the Police seem completely incapable of doing that.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/...d-15561923
Adrian   19 Mar 2023, 5:02 pm
(19 Mar 2023, 3:47 pm)Rob44 wrote https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/...d-15561923

'could' being the key word. 

I'm presuming that Greater Manchester Police are trying to use the trumped up charge as a deterrent (and hopefully it works!), but they'd have to convince the CPS of it to get a case. Easier said than done.

Rob44   19 Mar 2023, 7:33 pm
(19 Mar 2023, 5:02 pm)Adrian wrote 'could' being the key word. 

I'm presuming that Greater Manchester Police are trying to use the trumped up charge as a deterrent (and hopefully it works!), but they'd have to convince the CPS of it to get a case. Easier said than done.

I agree with what you say tbh except the trumped up bit.  surely if you chuck/drop/catapult something at a bus, metro, lorry or out else and it hit you must know there's a chance it could kill someone? Even if it put one group of ferral youth from doing it than its worth it.
Andreos1   19 Mar 2023, 10:19 pm
(19 Mar 2023, 7:33 pm)Rob44 wrote I agree with what you say tbh except the trumped up bit.  surely if you chuck/drop/catapult something at a bus, metro, lorry or out else and it hit you must know there's a chance it could kill someone? Even if it put one group of ferral youth from doing it than its worth it.
Isn't that manslaughter? Rather than murder. 

I'm no Perry Mason like, but sure that it's only pre-meditation that counts as murder.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rob44   20 Mar 2023, 8:07 pm
If I chuck you off a tall building and I die is that murder oranslaughter? As I didn't mean to kill you... It was just a bit of fun
Andreos1   20 Mar 2023, 9:11 pm
(20 Mar 2023, 8:07 pm)Rob44 wrote If I chuck you off a tall building and I die is that murder oranslaughter? As I didn't mean to kill you... It was just a bit of fun

No idea, but that's why we are sitting splitting hairs on a bus forum and not a mega bucks lawyer, supping champaign and nibbling on caviar!

MurdnunoC   20 Mar 2023, 9:46 pm
(20 Mar 2023, 8:07 pm)Rob44 wrote If I chuck you off a tall building and I die is that murder oranslaughter? As I didn't mean to kill you... It was just a bit of fun

If you manage to chuck me off a building and you somehow die then I think that makes you either  incredibly unlucky or incredibly stupid.

Now if I chucked you off a building and you die, the charge would depend on whatever happened in the moments previously. For example, if I chucked you off in a fit of rage or lured you up to the rooftop with the intention of throwing you off, that would be murder. If we were messing about and you fell because of my foolishness, that would be manslaughter with probable verdict being death by misadventure. 

As said previously, it all comes down to intent, and the ability to prove that intent.
Rob44   21 Mar 2023, 8:18 am
My final though on this - if you chuck a lump of concrete off a bridge towards an oncoming bus what are you expecting to happen?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Retro Nero   21 Mar 2023, 8:42 am
Let's just pull out of Penshaw permanently.
No buses No vandalism.
V514DFT   21 Mar 2023, 11:27 am
(20 Mar 2023, 9:46 pm)MurdnunoC wrote If you manage to chuck me off a building and you somehow die then I think that makes you either  incredibly unlucky or incredibly stupid.

Now if I chucked you off a building and you die, the charge would depend on whatever happened in the moments previously. For example, if I chucked you off in a fit of rage or lured you up to the rooftop with the intention of throwing you off, that would be murder. If we were messing about and you fell because of my foolishness, that would be manslaughter with probable verdict being death by misadventure. 

As said previously, it all comes down to intent, and the ability to prove that intent.
No proof,no case

Kind Regards
Tez
Andreos1   21 Mar 2023, 11:44 am
(21 Mar 2023, 8:18 am)Rob44 wrote My final though on this - if you chuck a lump of concrete off a bridge towards an oncoming bus what are you expecting to happen?

Smashed window? Extra points for getting a direct hit on a certain part of the vehicle?
Doubt anyone but the criminally insane would want to kill someone. 

Mind, whether the thought that doing this could kill someone, well it probably doesn't enter their mindset of the people throwing the concrete.

Adrian   21 Mar 2023, 11:59 am
(21 Mar 2023, 8:18 am)Rob44 wrote My final though on this - if you chuck a lump of concrete off a bridge towards an oncoming bus what are you expecting to happen?

You were doing 35mph in a 30mph zone. I'm not going to write you a ticket, but here's an attempted murder charge instead.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rob44   21 Mar 2023, 12:48 pm
(21 Mar 2023, 11:59 am)Adrian wrote You were doing 35mph in a 30mph zone. I'm not going to write you a ticket, but here's an attempted murder charge instead.
I have no words for this!
MurdnunoC   21 Mar 2023, 1:28 pm
(21 Mar 2023, 12:48 pm)Rob44 wrote I have no words for this!

Why? It's a valid argument and conducive to the point you're trying to make.

30mph zones exist for a reason and it is accepted that hitting someone with a vehicle travelling at a higher speed causes more damage, or even death. So if you're travelling at 35mph in a 30mph area, using your logic, it might be argued that you are a willing participant in a potentially murderous act as, in your own vernacular, what do you think would happen? Why would you do that in the knowledge that if you hit someone you'd cause more damage or even death?

Throwing concrete off a bridge may hit someone or something, or it may not. Speeding may cause an accident, or it may not. In both cases, the risk of causing injury or death is greater than it is if you weren't doing it. So therefore it is logical to conclude that speeding = attempted murder just as throwing concrete off a bridge = attempted murder.
V514DFT   21 Mar 2023, 3:05 pm
I'd imagine the charge would be 2 seperate ones, Assault, and Criminal Damage, but as stated several times, its a case of proving it, especially difficult if the area is unlit,no CCTV, no witnesses ect

Kind Regards
Tez
wibblejunior   22 Mar 2023, 8:32 am
(21 Mar 2023, 8:42 am)Retro Nero wrote Let's just pull out of Penshaw permanently.
No buses No vandalism.
I doubt they'd want to leave Penshaw without a bus service just because a of few idiots being idiots.

[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
F114TML   22 Mar 2023, 10:25 am
(22 Mar 2023, 8:32 am)wibblejunior wrote I doubt they'd want to leave Penshaw without a bus service just because a of few idiots being idiots.
Pretty sure Stagecoach did that for a good few weeks at Southwick a few years ago. Few days later GNE followed suit.

Seemingly, it worked.
cbma06   24 Mar 2023, 11:27 am
Came across this on Facebook:

[Image: 0a557582ed7a2004d5cad04a557af9a0.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unber43   24 Mar 2023, 9:19 pm
Seem to have been some more vandalism at Gateshead High Street this evening, anyone know what buses were hit?
Unber43   11 Sep 2023, 9:36 pm
Has the vandalism stopped as it was really bad in the beginning of the year and now everything just seem to have quieted down.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   11 Sep 2023, 9:53 pm
(11 Sep 2023, 9:36 pm)Unber43 wrote Has the vandalism stopped as it was really bad in the beginning of the year and now everything just seem to have quieted down.
Light nights? See what happens when it's dark at 4pm again.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Rapidsnap   11 Sep 2023, 11:46 pm
Gets worse as Halloween / Bonfire night approaches when the nights are dark, but not cold enough to keep them in.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Pages (3)    1 2 3