Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: strpos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 3538

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2013

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East
(17 Mar 2013, 10:35 am)tom.robinson206 wrote Out of interest, what is the PVR of the 39?

I'd like to say 5. Not sure off the top of my head though.
tom.robinson206
Unregistered
(17 Mar 2013, 10:37 am)Daniel wrote
(17 Mar 2013, 10:35 am)tom.robinson206 wrote Out of interest, what is the PVR of the 39?

I'd like to say 5. Not sure off the top of my head though.

I think they could run the 26 and 99 with the Darts and do a swap - but the 26 and 99 run on to Scholars so that may be difficult.
The 39 PRV is 5.

Im hoping when the 80 decker's come, all the services which use SPD/MPD will be gone, many of the services do require decker's now but we don't know what the buses GNE have ordered and renember i think there will be extra if they get the Green Bus fund...

I hope its B5LH for the 56.

The 39 hasnt had a brand change since 2006 (when it started), if it does get bigger buses i hope it gets branded again.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(17 Mar 2013, 10:56 am)Michael wrote The 39 PRV is 5.

Im hoping when the 80 decker's come, all the services which use SPD/MPD will be gone, many of the services do require decker's now but we don't know what the buses GNE have ordered and renember i think there will be extra if they get the Green Bus fund...

I hope its B5LH for the 56.

The 39 hasnt had a brand change since 2006 (when it started), if it does get bigger buses i hope it gets branded again.

80 new buses coming during 2013, not 80 new deckers. As for MPD going, the main aim this year appears to be the clearing of the SPDs and Prestiges from the fleet.
80 new buses coming during 2013, not 80 new deckers. As for MPD going, the main aim this year appears to be the clearing of the SPDs and Prestiges from the fleet.
[/quote]

Sorry it was a mistype, thanks for pointing it out.

Do u have any idea what GNE have ordered?

When is the deadline for the green bus fund?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(17 Mar 2013, 8:13 pm)Rob wrote Expect to see more demonstration vehicles over the next year or so as possible replacements for Dennis MPD vehicles, although some may be displaced sooner.

Good man. You have just made my day.
Go North East - Part 7
Blaydon Racers 5278 (NK07KPN) having a day on Toon link 31. Happend a few times while they were unbranded from Red Arrows, don't think a branded one has escaped the net onto Toon Link before. One has made the 10's before mind.
(18 Mar 2013, 3:35 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Timetables for 38/238, X7 and X35 are now in Park Lane Travelshop.

Saw them this morning, looks like the new timetables are in open boxes along the side of the window inside and not in the normal racks

(18 Mar 2013, 4:26 pm)cbma06 wrote
(18 Mar 2013, 3:35 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Timetables for 38/238, X7 and X35 are now in Park Lane Travelshop.

Saw them this morning, looks like the new timetables are in open boxes along the side of the window inside and not in the normal racks

The 38/238 and X7 ones are now in the racks, X35s are still in the box only.
Site Administrator
The X7 timetable is on almost every Deptford based vehicle. I picked one up on the 56, and I've had the opportunity to pick one up on a Silver Arrows Citaro and a SimpliCity/Drifter Versa too.
Could think of a few more examples from when I've travelled over the past two days too if I put my mind to it!

"East Durham" MPD on Deptford Staff Shuttles.
(18 Mar 2013, 4:42 pm)Daniel wrote "East Durham" MPD on Deptford Staff Shuttles.

It's 543, working for what I understand from next Monday is its Home Depot (moving for the 238).
Someone has posted a photo on the GNE Enthusiasts Facebook page about details of 27 new buses entering the fleet, consisting of:

11 Mercedes Citaro's for Washington.
8 Wright StreetLite's for Gateshead.
8 Wright StreetLite's for Deptford.
tom.robinson206
Unregistered
(18 Mar 2013, 5:41 pm)Adam wrote Someone has posted a photo on the GNE Enthusiasts Facebook page about details of 27 new buses entering the fleet, consisting of:

Hmmm, I'm guessing
Citaro's will be for the M1 (Washington)
StreetLite's for the 93/94 (Gateshead)

Not too sure about Deptford
Site Administrator
(18 Mar 2013, 5:45 pm)tom.robinson206 wrote
(18 Mar 2013, 5:41 pm)Adam wrote Someone has posted a photo on the GNE Enthusiasts Facebook page about details of 27 new buses entering the fleet, consisting of:

Hmmm, I'm guessing
Citaro's will be for the M1 (Washington)
StreetLite's for the 93/94 (Gateshead)

Not too sure about Deptford

StreetLites for the 93/94, really? I mean, the vehicles match up I guess but that service has always filled a Solar every time I've been on it.
StreetLites don't have that high a seating capacity, do they?

Deptford's StreetLites will be for the 39 though, that's what I'd put my money on! Looks like a frequency increase too, if that was so!
(18 Mar 2013, 5:47 pm)Rob wrote

May I ask whom has posted this information?

Glenn Thompson
tom.robinson206
Unregistered
(18 Mar 2013, 5:48 pm)Daniel wrote StreetLites for the 93/94, really? I mean, the vehicles match up I guess but that service has always filled a Solar every time I've been on it.

Deptford's StreetLites will be for the 39 though, that's what I'd put my money on! Looks like a frequency increase too, if that was so!

Some of the roads are pretty narrow in some places on the 93/94, especially around the Old Fold. I don't think they're that much smaller, especially if it's one of the longer wheelbase ones. I just dread to think what the branding will look like if they do get them, after looking at the new 'Crusader' branding Tongue

I think the thing with the 'Loop' is that it gets very busy at peak times, but is very quiet at other times. I suppose that areas such as the Team Valley and the Gateshead College Campuses are contributing factors -especially when the Gateshead - Team Valley (via Heworth) frequency is reduced to every 20 minutes during peak times so that a vehicle can do a 10 minute frequency between Team Valley and Gateshead (via Bensham Bank).
Site Administrator
(18 Mar 2013, 5:56 pm)tom.robinson206 wrote
(18 Mar 2013, 5:48 pm)Daniel wrote StreetLites for the 93/94, really? I mean, the vehicles match up I guess but that service has always filled a Solar every time I've been on it.

Some of the roads are pretty narrow in some places on the 93/94, especially around the Old Fold. I don't think they're that much smaller, especially if it's one of the longer wheelbase ones. I just dread to think what the branding will look like if they do get them, after looking at the new 'Crusader' branding Tongue

I pray Gateshead get theirs before Deptford - let them make the mistakes with branding there first! Wink
tom.robinson206
Unregistered
(18 Mar 2013, 5:57 pm)Daniel wrote I pray Gateshead get theirs before Deptford - let them make the mistakes with branding there first! Wink

I'll just have to keep my eyes shut. A bunch of black StreetLites... hmmm Dodgy
Site Administrator
(18 Mar 2013, 6:01 pm)tom.robinson206 wrote
(18 Mar 2013, 5:57 pm)Daniel wrote I pray Gateshead get theirs before Deptford - let them make the mistakes with branding there first! Wink

I'll just have to keep my eyes shut. A bunch of black StreetLites... hmmm Dodgy

New colour please! :L
tom.robinson206
Unregistered
(18 Mar 2013, 6:08 pm)Daniel wrote New colour please! :L

To be honest, isn't a custard yellow 'MetroLink' Citaro just as bad?
Site Administrator
(18 Mar 2013, 6:11 pm)tom.robinson206 wrote
(18 Mar 2013, 6:08 pm)Daniel wrote New colour please! :L

To be honest, isn't a custard yellow 'MetroLink' Citaro just as bad?

Bad thoughts... :L
tom.robinson206
Unregistered
The only other thing I can think of for the Gateshead StreetLites is the 64/64A/95/96/96A, but I'm not sure of the PVR - I'm guessing it must be around 8 though.
Intresting any more info about when these are arriving?

Can see deptford's being for the 38 or 39. (if true)

Washington citaros for M1.. Cant see any other service.

Gateshead, dont know because the new depot could open.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
tom.robinson206
Unregistered
(18 Mar 2013, 6:23 pm)Liam wrote
(18 Mar 2013, 6:19 pm)tom.robinson206 wrote The only other thing I can think of for the Gateshead StreetLites is the 64/64A/95/96/96A, but I'm not sure of the PVR - I'm guessing it must be around 8 though.

PVR is 6 judging by the timetables.

Thanks. Well, I'm guessing it's more likely to be the 93/94 then.
Site Administrator
(18 Mar 2013, 6:25 pm)tom.robinson206 wrote
(18 Mar 2013, 6:23 pm)Liam wrote
(18 Mar 2013, 6:19 pm)tom.robinson206 wrote The only other thing I can think of for the Gateshead StreetLites is the 64/64A/95/96/96A, but I'm not sure of the PVR - I'm guessing it must be around 8 though.

PVR is 6 judging by the timetables.

Thanks. Well, I'm guessing it's more likely to be the 93/94 then.

Two spare vehicles doesn't seem all that irrational, if you ask me.
Given that it's a vehicle not presently within the GNE fleet, they don't know how well they perform over a long period of time.