Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Concerts in Tyne and Wear - Special SF Buses and Metro

Concerts in Tyne and Wear - Special SF Buses and Metro

Concerts in Tyne and Wear - Special SF Buses and Metro

• 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

Pages (4) Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Unber43

09 Jun 2023, 8:35 pm #41
Honestly I dont get why they didn't use Monument for say Sunderland Bound Trains, and say Haymarket for the South Sheilds direction and Central for Whitly Bay way
Unber43
09 Jun 2023, 8:35 pm #41

Honestly I dont get why they didn't use Monument for say Sunderland Bound Trains, and say Haymarket for the South Sheilds direction and Central for Whitly Bay way

Storx

09 Jun 2023, 8:42 pm #42
(09 Jun 2023, 8:35 pm)Unber43 Honestly I dont get why they didn't use Monument for say Sunderland Bound Trains, and say Haymarket for the South Sheilds direction and Central for Whitly Bay way

There's thousands of people coming in the other direction from Sunderland; Central couldn't cope and Haymarket is down an esculator hence being exit all day.

Plus there's no staff to do it - the real reason beyond all the smoke and ladders.

It's the same with Sunderland (not Stadium of Light / St Peter's).
Storx
09 Jun 2023, 8:42 pm #42

(09 Jun 2023, 8:35 pm)Unber43 Honestly I dont get why they didn't use Monument for say Sunderland Bound Trains, and say Haymarket for the South Sheilds direction and Central for Whitly Bay way

There's thousands of people coming in the other direction from Sunderland; Central couldn't cope and Haymarket is down an esculator hence being exit all day.

Plus there's no staff to do it - the real reason beyond all the smoke and ladders.

It's the same with Sunderland (not Stadium of Light / St Peter's).

Adrian

10 Jun 2023, 4:34 pm #43
(06 Jun 2023, 10:19 pm)idiot Kind of understand why St James is closed, but monument could be open using different entrances for different platforms surely
I can't. If anything, it should assist with crowd control. Send all east bound traffic via there around the coast and skip P3/P4 at Monument.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
10 Jun 2023, 4:34 pm #43

(06 Jun 2023, 10:19 pm)idiot Kind of understand why St James is closed, but monument could be open using different entrances for different platforms surely
I can't. If anything, it should assist with crowd control. Send all east bound traffic via there around the coast and skip P3/P4 at Monument.

Unber43

10 Jun 2023, 6:53 pm #44
(09 Jun 2023, 7:23 pm)Adrian Yes, I agree. Them closing all the Newcastle City Centre Metro stations for 'crowd control' is a complete cop out. They've managed to run crowd control on match days for years without issue, but again, it comes back to the lack of out of box thinking, with closure being an easier option than coming up with a proper plan. I don't see why they couldn't have used P1/P2 at St James for East Bound travel, Monument for North and South, then Haymarket and Central for exit only. 

It's not a great advert of a rapid transit system, if you have to shut it down when it's a bit busy.

Stadium of Light I completely agree with, and even match days is a problem. But like I suggested above, there's plenty of retail or office parking space that isn't utilised on an evening, which could instead have served as a temporary Park and Ride site. Much in the same way as Durham do with Lumiere.
The Stadium of Light is ridiculous if you get stuck in it, I did it once on a 56 i was stuck for about 20 mins and that was when they were League One. There needs to be some sort of advertised travel arrangements for people to get home, which advertises public transport, I know in park lane the queues can be huge after a match and on sundays a lot of them are every 30-60 mins.
Unber43
10 Jun 2023, 6:53 pm #44

(09 Jun 2023, 7:23 pm)Adrian Yes, I agree. Them closing all the Newcastle City Centre Metro stations for 'crowd control' is a complete cop out. They've managed to run crowd control on match days for years without issue, but again, it comes back to the lack of out of box thinking, with closure being an easier option than coming up with a proper plan. I don't see why they couldn't have used P1/P2 at St James for East Bound travel, Monument for North and South, then Haymarket and Central for exit only. 

It's not a great advert of a rapid transit system, if you have to shut it down when it's a bit busy.

Stadium of Light I completely agree with, and even match days is a problem. But like I suggested above, there's plenty of retail or office parking space that isn't utilised on an evening, which could instead have served as a temporary Park and Ride site. Much in the same way as Durham do with Lumiere.
The Stadium of Light is ridiculous if you get stuck in it, I did it once on a 56 i was stuck for about 20 mins and that was when they were League One. There needs to be some sort of advertised travel arrangements for people to get home, which advertises public transport, I know in park lane the queues can be huge after a match and on sundays a lot of them are every 30-60 mins.

Storx

10 Jun 2023, 7:46 pm #45
(10 Jun 2023, 6:53 pm)Unber43 The Stadium of Light is ridiculous if you get stuck in it, I did it once on a 56 i was stuck for about 20 mins and that was when they were League One. There needs to be some sort of advertised travel arrangements for people to get home, which advertises public transport, I know in park lane the queues can be huge after a match and on sundays a lot of them are every 30-60 mins.

The Stadium of Light really isn't that bad, most people are gone after about an hour. It's only when GNE, Nexus, Trains or Stagecoach are being crap and it feels like it's one of them every other week lately. The 56 is only affected as it passes the stadium.

The SOL will always get priority as there's a large chunk of people there tonight outside the region who will be stopping in Newcastle whereas Sam Fender will be majority local as it's a complete NUFC cringefest and intolerable for most people.
Storx
10 Jun 2023, 7:46 pm #45

(10 Jun 2023, 6:53 pm)Unber43 The Stadium of Light is ridiculous if you get stuck in it, I did it once on a 56 i was stuck for about 20 mins and that was when they were League One. There needs to be some sort of advertised travel arrangements for people to get home, which advertises public transport, I know in park lane the queues can be huge after a match and on sundays a lot of them are every 30-60 mins.

The Stadium of Light really isn't that bad, most people are gone after about an hour. It's only when GNE, Nexus, Trains or Stagecoach are being crap and it feels like it's one of them every other week lately. The 56 is only affected as it passes the stadium.

The SOL will always get priority as there's a large chunk of people there tonight outside the region who will be stopping in Newcastle whereas Sam Fender will be majority local as it's a complete NUFC cringefest and intolerable for most people.

Michael

10 Jun 2023, 7:54 pm #46
(10 Jun 2023, 7:46 pm)Storx The Stadium of Light really isn't that bad, most people are gone after about an hour. It's only when GNE, Nexus, Trains or Stagecoach are being crap and it feels like it's one of them every other week lately. The 56 is only affected as it passes the stadium.

Aye seen a video of the crowd singing, Toon Toon Toon and all the Newcastle flags.

I know he's a "Local" lad but its still cringey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Jun 2023, 7:54 pm #46

(10 Jun 2023, 7:46 pm)Storx The Stadium of Light really isn't that bad, most people are gone after about an hour. It's only when GNE, Nexus, Trains or Stagecoach are being crap and it feels like it's one of them every other week lately. The 56 is only affected as it passes the stadium.

Aye seen a video of the crowd singing, Toon Toon Toon and all the Newcastle flags.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

10 Jun 2023, 8:16 pm #47
(10 Jun 2023, 7:54 pm)Michael Aye seen a video of the crowd singing, Toon Toon Toon and all the Newcastle flags.

Newcastle flags at St James Park... whatever next!

Adrian
10 Jun 2023, 8:16 pm #47

(10 Jun 2023, 7:54 pm)Michael Aye seen a video of the crowd singing, Toon Toon Toon and all the Newcastle flags.

Newcastle flags at St James Park... whatever next!

Michael

10 Jun 2023, 8:25 pm #48
(10 Jun 2023, 8:16 pm)Adrian Newcastle flags at St James Park... whatever next!

Aye, hopefully not local floggings next...

What would the Newcastle fans be saying if we took "Sunderland" flags in to the Stadium Of Light for Beyonce etc?

Probs slag us off.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Jun 2023, 8:25 pm #48

(10 Jun 2023, 8:16 pm)Adrian Newcastle flags at St James Park... whatever next!

Aye, hopefully not local floggings next...

What would the Newcastle fans be saying if we took "Sunderland" flags in to the Stadium Of Light for Beyonce etc?

Probs slag us off.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

10 Jun 2023, 8:36 pm #49
(10 Jun 2023, 8:25 pm)Michael Aye, hopefully not local floggings next...

Probs slag us off.
They probably wouldn't care? It's a concert, not a football rivalry.

To be fair, you're the first person I've seen mention it!

Adrian
10 Jun 2023, 8:36 pm #49

Probs slag us off.
They probably wouldn't care? It's a concert, not a football rivalry.

Storx

10 Jun 2023, 9:04 pm #50
(10 Jun 2023, 8:36 pm)Adrian They probably wouldn't care? It's a concert, not a football rivalry.

On paper it's not but there's been reports that some 16 year old and his father have been beaten up because of that exact reason.

That's the Tweet and it's been mentioned on Readytogo - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...2390911874&set=a.10150717103266874&type=3&ref=embed_post

Football should be no-where near a gig and having stuff like the Champions League song as you're walk on is just too far.

Probs slag us off.

They'll all be crying, they're already trying to argue that St James is a better place for gigs but it's not. All the big bands / gigs go to Sunderland as St James has all sorts of problems hence the stage being in the corner.

Mental football rivarly up here and taking it beyond football.
Storx
10 Jun 2023, 9:04 pm #50

(10 Jun 2023, 8:36 pm)Adrian They probably wouldn't care? It's a concert, not a football rivalry.

On paper it's not but there's been reports that some 16 year old and his father have been beaten up because of that exact reason.

That's the Tweet and it's been mentioned on Readytogo - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...2390911874&set=a.10150717103266874&type=3&ref=embed_post

Football should be no-where near a gig and having stuff like the Champions League song as you're walk on is just too far.

Probs slag us off.

They'll all be crying, they're already trying to argue that St James is a better place for gigs but it's not. All the big bands / gigs go to Sunderland as St James has all sorts of problems hence the stage being in the corner.

Michael

10 Jun 2023, 9:09 pm #51
(10 Jun 2023, 9:04 pm)Storx On paper it's not but there's been reports that some 16 year old and his father have been beaten up because of that exact reason.

Aye it is, did he really have the Champions League theme playing before he came on? Dickhead.... no the wonder people think the Newcastle fans are cringey.

Ye, I agree and that's not because I'm a Sunderland Fan, St James isn't set up for gigs.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Jun 2023, 9:09 pm #51

(10 Jun 2023, 9:04 pm)Storx On paper it's not but there's been reports that some 16 year old and his father have been beaten up because of that exact reason.

Aye it is, did he really have the Champions League theme playing before he came on? Dickhead.... no the wonder people think the Newcastle fans are cringey.

Ye, I agree and that's not because I'm a Sunderland Fan, St James isn't set up for gigs.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Storx

10 Jun 2023, 9:16 pm #52
(10 Jun 2023, 9:09 pm)Michael Aye it is, did he really have the Champions League theme playing before he came on? Dickhead.... no the wonder people think the Newcastle fans are cringey.

Aye loads of people have been taking the piss, supposedly he doesn't even like football either.

Yeah had technical issues, not enough space etc, even known on paper it's in a much better location tbh and I am a Sunderland fan ha.
Storx
10 Jun 2023, 9:16 pm #52

(10 Jun 2023, 9:09 pm)Michael Aye it is, did he really have the Champions League theme playing before he came on? Dickhead.... no the wonder people think the Newcastle fans are cringey.

Aye loads of people have been taking the piss, supposedly he doesn't even like football either.

Yeah had technical issues, not enough space etc, even known on paper it's in a much better location tbh and I am a Sunderland fan ha.

Michael

10 Jun 2023, 9:21 pm #53
(10 Jun 2023, 9:16 pm)Storx Aye loads of people have been taking the piss, supposedly he doesn't even like football either.

Only supports Newcastle because they finished in the top 4.
Edited 10 Jun 2023, 9:22 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Jun 2023, 9:21 pm #53

(10 Jun 2023, 9:16 pm)Storx Aye loads of people have been taking the piss, supposedly he doesn't even like football either.

Only supports Newcastle because they finished in the top 4.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Storx

10 Jun 2023, 9:28 pm #54
(10 Jun 2023, 9:21 pm)Michael Only supports Newcastle because they finished in the top 4.

Aye, or more to the point the management can see the loophole that would get idiots to turn up. Can't see him having 100k people there over 2 nights if he didn't do it, so quite clever really.
Storx
10 Jun 2023, 9:28 pm #54

(10 Jun 2023, 9:21 pm)Michael Only supports Newcastle because they finished in the top 4.

Aye, or more to the point the management can see the loophole that would get idiots to turn up. Can't see him having 100k people there over 2 nights if he didn't do it, so quite clever really.

Adrian

10 Jun 2023, 9:38 pm #55
Still, I don't see what this has to do with transport and infrastructure for the gigs?

Obviously bad crack about the post referenced above, but these isolated incidents happen everywhere nowadays, sadly. Most others at both venues have really enjoyed themselves.

As for transport, it'll be interesting to hear how this is playing out on the ground. There's a lot of people critical of or mocking the decision to close the Metro on social media, but you never know whether that is a vocal minority or not.

Adrian
10 Jun 2023, 9:38 pm #55

Still, I don't see what this has to do with transport and infrastructure for the gigs?

Obviously bad crack about the post referenced above, but these isolated incidents happen everywhere nowadays, sadly. Most others at both venues have really enjoyed themselves.

As for transport, it'll be interesting to hear how this is playing out on the ground. There's a lot of people critical of or mocking the decision to close the Metro on social media, but you never know whether that is a vocal minority or not.

mb134

10 Jun 2023, 9:44 pm #56
(10 Jun 2023, 9:38 pm)Adrian As for transport, it'll be interesting to hear how this is playing out on the ground. There's a lot of people critical of or mocking the decision to close the Metro on social media, but you never know whether that is a vocal minority or not.

The one SF1 that has passed me in Gosforth had it's interior lights off, so I'm assuming nobody was on that (11298). There should have been about 4 more past me since then, none have.
mb134
10 Jun 2023, 9:44 pm #56

(10 Jun 2023, 9:38 pm)Adrian As for transport, it'll be interesting to hear how this is playing out on the ground. There's a lot of people critical of or mocking the decision to close the Metro on social media, but you never know whether that is a vocal minority or not.

The one SF1 that has passed me in Gosforth had it's interior lights off, so I'm assuming nobody was on that (11298). There should have been about 4 more past me since then, none have.

Adrian

10 Jun 2023, 9:52 pm #57
(10 Jun 2023, 9:44 pm)mb134 The one SF1 that has passed me in Gosforth had it's interior lights off, so I'm assuming nobody was on that (11298). There should have been about 4 more past me since then, none have.
I noticed the same thing, when I was looking at SF1 on bustimes about 10 mkns ago. Not that I'd say that is the voice of truth, but interesting that there looked to be such a significant gap.

Also noticed two SF1 buses appear to be sat in Walkergate depot. Presuming they're for later runs though?

Adrian
10 Jun 2023, 9:52 pm #57

(10 Jun 2023, 9:44 pm)mb134 The one SF1 that has passed me in Gosforth had it's interior lights off, so I'm assuming nobody was on that (11298). There should have been about 4 more past me since then, none have.
I noticed the same thing, when I was looking at SF1 on bustimes about 10 mkns ago. Not that I'd say that is the voice of truth, but interesting that there looked to be such a significant gap.

Also noticed two SF1 buses appear to be sat in Walkergate depot. Presuming they're for later runs though?

Adrian

10 Jun 2023, 10:18 pm #58
Supposedly a frequent service:

[Image: f9edfedf4382a12f7426df62d819760e.jpg]

Can't filter by SF2/SF3 on bustimes, but the vast majority seem to be stuck in the City Centre.

Adrian
10 Jun 2023, 10:18 pm #58

Supposedly a frequent service:

[Image: f9edfedf4382a12f7426df62d819760e.jpg]

Can't filter by SF2/SF3 on bustimes, but the vast majority seem to be stuck in the City Centre.

Storx

10 Jun 2023, 10:32 pm #59
Surely they'll just be waiting to get a reasonable load before taking off, it's all drop off only so no point running the service if there's no-one on.
Storx
10 Jun 2023, 10:32 pm #59

Surely they'll just be waiting to get a reasonable load before taking off, it's all drop off only so no point running the service if there's no-one on.

Busu284

11 Jun 2023, 12:10 am #60
It seems Arriva ran a few extra buses out of Haymarket. 306 at one point was a mix of Walkergate/Blyth/Ashington buses. Seen a few extra X7/8(even though that doesn't run)X9/10/11/21/22/308/52/43/44 be about one or two more of these services
Busu284
11 Jun 2023, 12:10 am #60

It seems Arriva ran a few extra buses out of Haymarket. 306 at one point was a mix of Walkergate/Blyth/Ashington buses. Seen a few extra X7/8(even though that doesn't run)X9/10/11/21/22/308/52/43/44 be about one or two more of these services

Pages (4) Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average