Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5724

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(04 Feb 2014, 8:27 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I been thinking about what should do with the Red Omnicities for a few Days now, but I am Unsure on the Current PVR's of the Current Routes. I was thinking instead of Allocating them to X30/X31, Why not put them on 13/14/15/15A/X25, Obviously not all Services might be Possible, But this would mean that Northern Omnicities 5247-49/Red Omnicities 5250/5253-54 and 5273 would move over to Chester/Stanley, Then Solars 5201-04 would go to Percy Main for the 19, To then free up 5243-46 which would join the other Omnicities. Then the Ex London Presidents and the ELC Loynes could be Split between Depots to Withdraw Olympians etc.

6021 (pronto) broken down again, this timet at low fell in the rush hour
(04 Feb 2014, 8:27 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I been thinking about what should do with the Red Omnicities for a few Days now, but I am Unsure on the Current PVR's of the Current Routes. I was thinking instead of Allocating them to X30/X31, Why not put them on 13/14/15/15A/X25, Obviously not all Services might be Possible, But this would mean that Northern Omnicities 5247-49/Red Omnicities 5250/5253-54 and 5273 would move over to Chester/Stanley, Then Solars 5201-04 would go to Percy Main for the 19, To then free up 5243-46 which would join the other Omnicities. Then the Ex London Presidents and the ELC Loynes could be Split between Depots to Withdraw Olympians etc.

I love that idea Adam, but what will replace the Solars at Deptford?

Unless 4930/31/44/61 go to Percy Main (from Washington and Chester-le-Street) for the ''Cobalt Connect'' freeing up 5243/44/45/46/50/53/54/73/74. 5243/44/45/46/50 would be allocated to the X25, with 5253/54/73/74 at Stanley for the 15/15A?
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(04 Feb 2014, 8:07 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Indeed it should be, I personally see it all the time X1, Had it on my way back from Newcastle Last Thursday, and Rare occasions on the W5/W6/M2/M3.

I seen it on there last Thursday too, but that was the first time is seen it in a while.
Site Administrator
(04 Feb 2014, 8:53 pm)CatsFast101 wrote I seen it on there last Thursday too, but that was the first time is seen it in a while.

Was on the X1 today and yesterday too.

Services 15/15A don't need the Decker allocation, so I think omnicities could indeed replace them and create spares which will replace the Olympians.
Also, does 6094 have the Longer Rear Destination yet?
Site Administrator
To confirm:
5204 has been repainted red - not gold. Still at Saltmeadows presently, but I have been told in good faith that it will, as planned, come out in red. I have updated NEB's fleetlists accordingly and hopefully the Fleet Allocation document provided by Go North East on the Enthusiast Area section of their website will be corrected in next Monday's update too.

We can therefore assume that our knowledge of the former "Cobalt Clipper" Merc cascades is correct, and the plan has not changed.
CatsFast101
Unregistered

I can't see the cobalt connect Omnicity moving anywhere, there's no pint - they're doing a job just fine.
The 9 is flexible, currently allocated the omnicitys but there's no really need to keep them on there I suppose. So eight of them moving over to Stanley could be an option fro West Durham Swift but nine vehicles are required, but eight 'reliable*' vehicles will certainly be a good thing for that route. There's also the original question of does it require deckers? The reason for removing the Omnicitys in the first place.
*I know people question the reliability of the omnicitys and problems have been known previously but the omnicitys appeared to a whole lot more reliable than the current allocation of presidents on X30/X31/X70/X71.
IF, and it's a big if, this does happen then what do you allocate to the 9? Solars?

Going a little of topic now, but I do wonder if GNE are considering in investing in some new deckers? I know we've seen Fab56/Cobalt Clipper get new deckers, but it's reliability of the Presidents, Vykings and a lot of GNE doubled decked fleet that are becoming an issue.
Could TTX/Red Arrows get something new this year allowing some to transfer to Pronto or X30/X31/X70/X71 (if it does require deckers).

If this forum and the GNE Facebook page are anything to go buy it would seem that WearTess Xpress, Pronto, West Durham Swift, Service 13/14 are the ones were reliability, breakdowns are becoming real problems. (Although recent timetable changes seem to have improved the latter, but breakdowns were very frequent).
(04 Feb 2014, 9:07 pm)Dan wrote To confirm:
5204 has been repainted red - not gold. Still at Saltmeadows presently, but I have been told in good faith that it will, as planned, come out in red. I have updated NEB's fleetlists accordingly and hopefully the Fleet Allocation document provided by Go North East on the Enthusiast Area section of their website will be corrected in next Monday's update too.

We can therefore assume that our knowledge of the former "Cobalt Clipper" Merc cascades is correct, and the plan has not changed.

Thanks for the info, it did seem odd that 5204 would become gold.

Dan you still got 8319 as 100 century livery. Smile
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(04 Feb 2014, 9:09 pm)CatsFast101 wrote I can't see the cobalt connect Omnicity moving anywhere, there's no pint - they're doing a job just fine.
The 9 is flexible, currently allocated the omnicitys but there's no really need to keep them on there I suppose. So eight of them moving over to Stanley could be an option fro West Durham Swift but nine vehicles are required, but eight 'reliable*' vehicles will certainly be a good thing for that route. There's also the original question of does it require deckers? The reason for removing the Omnicitys in the first place.
*I know people question the reliability of the omnicitys and problems have been known previously but the omnicitys appeared to a whole lot more reliable than the current allocation of presidents on X30/X31/X70/X71.
IF, and it's a big if, this does happen then what do you allocate to the 9? Solars?

The X30/X31/X70/X71 does not require deckers either. Whoever said that it did is beyond me but they must of been very stupid, only about 2 journeys approx. got really jam packed but surely 2 journeys doesn't say it requires deckers, does it?
Site Administrator
(04 Feb 2014, 9:35 pm)Michael wrote Tongue, hopefully by next week, all the GNE side is updated fully updated

No comment....... Angel

8227/31/32 and 3974/78 are still in service at Deptford according to the GNE fleet list!
(04 Feb 2014, 9:09 pm)CatsFast101 wrote I can't see the cobalt connect Omnicity moving anywhere, there's no pint - they're doing a job just fine.

Going a little of topic now, but I do wonder if GNE are considering in investing in some new deckers? I know we've seen Fab56/Cobalt Clipper get new deckers, but it's reliability of the Presidents, Vykings and a lot of GNE doubled decked fleet that are becoming an issue.
Could TTX/Red Arrows get something new this year allowing some to transfer to Pronto or X30/X31/X70/X71 (if it does require deckers).

If this forum and the GNE Facebook page are anything to go buy it would seem that WearTess Xpress, Pronto, West Durham Swift, Service 13/14 are the ones were reliability, breakdowns are becoming real problems. (Although recent timetable changes seem to have improved the latter, but breakdowns were very frequent).

Dont forget the Lime, a service which needs some new buses, I was very shocked, when new buses are popping up all other the place on Saltwell park, connections 4 (metrolink), and drifter, when the Lime should have got new buses long before the first two I mentioned.

Same with Venture, what was the point in getting rid of mini darts which have a few year service left him, to spend money on more small buses, cascaded down etc, when more 'prime' services need money spend on them, ie Lime, West durham swift, Pronto, WTX, there spending money on Venture.

Even cascading the Omnicities to services like Why Aye 5O, when theres nothing wrong with the buses on there, These buses are need in other places, not on services that havent had there current buses for that long! I remember when they took the solars off the Fab57, and now everyday Im reading stuff about those dual door renowns not turning up or going missing or blowing up.

Doesnt make any sense to me, I might be wrong and im sure there are reasons for these decisions that I dont know nothing about.

Just seems crazy that there are Northern branded Omnicities flying around when Pronto keeps blowing up, The lime got its buses from Beamish, the Venture buses look like something off Back to the future, and the WTX still hasnt managed a full journey without a problem.
Site Administrator
(04 Feb 2014, 9:45 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote Dont forget the Lime, a service which needs some new buses, I was very shocked, when new buses are popping up all other the place on Saltwell park, connections 4 (metrolink), and drifter, when the Lime should have got new buses long before the first two I mentioned.

Same with Venture, what was the point in getting rid of mini darts which have a few year service left him, to spend money on more small buses, cascaded down etc, when more 'prime' services need money spend on them, ie Lime, West durham swift, Pronto, WTX, there spending money on Venture.

Even cascading the Omnicities to services like Why Aye 5O, when theres nothing wrong with the buses on there, These buses are need in other places, not on services that havent had there current buses for that long! I remember when they took the solars off the Fab57, and now everyday Im reading stuff about those dual door renowns not turning up or going missing or blowing up.

Doesnt make any sense to me, I might be wrong and im sure there are reasons for these decisions that I dont know nothing about.

Just seems crazy that there are Northern branded Omnicities flying around when Pronto keeps blowing up, The lime got its buses from Beamish, the Venture buses look like something off Back to the future, and the WTX still hasnt managed a full journey without a problem.

The "Lime" is in-line to receive brand new Citaro vehicles this year, assuming the information provided by our Go North East representatives is correct.

MPDs have a shell life of 12 years. The MPDs manufactured in 2000 should have been withdrawn in 2012, and the MPDs manufactured in 2001 should have been withdrawn last year. To allow said MPDs to be withdrawn last year, Go North East had to invest in their most profitable network which would allow a sufficient number of MPD vehicles to cascade to other networks.
I'd debate that the services you've mentioned are all secondary routes, and it'll be unlikely that they will receive direct investment in the near future - cascades are certainly a lot more likely, but this procedure is not always followed.

Scania L94UB/Wright Solar vehicles are to take a 'spare role' in the fleet, replacing Dennis SPD vehicles which are slightly older. It is often quite difficult to comprehend the decision-making behind some of the decisions we enthusiasts see today, but I can't stress enough that a lot of time, work and effort does go into making sure that the decisions made are the right ones.
"Whey Aye Five 0" is currently allocated Solar vehicles. If Solar vehicles are to take a 'spare role' in the fleet (the Y-reg Solars were manufactured in 2001, so are due to be withdrawn in two years - it is about time they did take a 'back role seat'), it is only right that these vehicles are replaced; whether it is by direct investment or cascades, services which can justify an upgrade because they are performing well receive it.

I can assure you that all services regularly have their "lost mileage" evaluated. If there is a great deal of lost mileage for a specific service (or network), discussions will be made in regards to how this problem can be resolved. As we all know, the "Wear Tees Xpress" is said to be in-line to receive the former "Cobalt Clipper" Citaro allocation. I have no doubt that a lot of factors would have been considered, but reliability (and how much it would improve with Citaros) would have been considered greatly.
(04 Feb 2014, 9:45 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote Dont forget the Lime, a service which needs some new buses, I was very shocked, when new buses are popping up all other the place on Saltwell park, connections 4 (metrolink), and drifter, when the Lime should have got new buses long before the first two I mentioned.

MPDs are ageing and some of the Venture routes are quite demanding whereas not that many of the East Durham routes are demanding. The solars are also ageing and are starting to become unreliable so might aswell get replaced. The Lime is starting to become unreliable with northern spares been an every day occurance, although these are mainly Chester-Le-Street based buses that are off the road.
Lime buses aren't that bad. More reliable than the DAFs were.

The WTX (second only to the famous X3 on here) obviously isn't a huge priority at the moment. I think folk need to get a little less excitable. Yes GNE have made some bizarre decisions with new vehicles in the past but end of the day they normally get it right (just not on the 21!)
(04 Feb 2014, 9:45 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote Even cascading the Omnicities to services like Why Aye 5O, when theres nothing wrong with the buses on there, These buses are need in other places, not on services that havent had there current buses for that long! I remember when they took the solars off the Fab57, and now everyday Im reading stuff about those dual door renowns not turning up or going missing or blowing up.

Can't think of a single example of a Fab 57 renown blowing up?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(04 Feb 2014, 10:08 pm)aureolin wrote Can't think of a single example of a Fab 57 renown blowing up?

Think he's referring to the ''Centurion'' examples... Wink
(04 Feb 2014, 10:03 pm)gtomlinson wrote Lime buses aren't that bad. More reliable than the DAFs were.

Exactly! A lot of people seem to slate the Renowns on the Lime, but in my opinion they're still one of the most comfortable rides in the entire fleet. I'm convinced they'd extend the life even further by doing a simple internal cleanup, and an internal/external refurb.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(04 Feb 2014, 10:10 pm)aureolin wrote Exactly! A lot of people seem to slate the Renowns on the Lime, but in my opinion they're still one of the most comfortable rides in the entire fleet. I'm convinced they'd extend the life even further by doing a simple internal cleanup, and an internal/external refurb.

Yeah I used them every day up until I moved and I enjoyed the ride. Way ahead of some kit.

People read too much into number plates
CatsFast101
Unregistered
(04 Feb 2014, 10:03 pm)gtomlinson wrote Lime buses aren't that bad. More reliable than the DAFs were.

The WTX (second only to the famous X3 on here) obviously isn't a huge priority at the moment. I think folk need to get a little less excitable. Yes GNE have made some bizarre decisions with new vehicles in the past but end of the day they normally get it right (just not on the 21!)

Well I think it's just a case of you can't just find/buy new buses straight away, the examples I mentioned are need of an allocation change I'm in doubt that GNE know this and have provisional plans in place to improve this but things take time. WTX have struggled since day1 whereas Pronto seems to be a fairly newish problem, I used to regularly use the X20 (when it was a regular service under the pronto brand) and the buses didn't seem to struggle too much really.
I think new midi buses were needed hence Venture was upgraded. Although I don't know why this decision was made, I can assume that it must be one of the most profitable routes, I think Versas in the next few years (should they become available though cascades will make their way onto East Durham).
I agree and sometimes the bigger picture is important in that route C can't be upgraded until Route A & B are dealt with.
(04 Feb 2014, 10:54 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Well I think it's just a case of you can't just find/buy new buses straight away, the examples I mentioned are need of an allocation change I'm in doubt that GNE know this and have provisional plans in place to improve this but things take time. WTX have struggled since day1 whereas Pronto seems to be a fairly newish problem, I used to regularly use the X20 (when it was a regular service under the pronto brand) and the buses didn't seem to struggle too much really.
I think new midi buses were needed hence Venture was upgraded. Although I don't know why this decision was made, I can assume that it must be one of the most profitable routes, I think Versas in the next few years (should they become available though cascades will make their way onto East Durham).

Completly agree, I like to figure out and look out how these companies think, Overall Its the profit that counts, making sure everything works to a good standard, and the customer is happy. Just think its interesting in the past 10years how Go north east operate with the routes and liveries, very interesting compared to alot of other bus companies.
(04 Feb 2014, 10:27 pm)speedwheels22 wrote Like to see some versas on the lime think they suit that route

How do you know that versas suit the route? A versa has never appeared on those routes for us to know.
Site Administrator
(04 Feb 2014, 11:53 pm)gtomlinson wrote I agree and sometimes the bigger picture is important in that route C can't be upgraded until Route A & B are dealt with.

Post of the night! I think people often forget about the bigger picture and just look at one route being upgraded.

On another note, trainer 7079 (?) at Sunderland today, route learning.
Does the 13/14 still inter-work with the X22 in which case Omnicities would not be a good choice for peak time and Saturday loadings on the X22.
(05 Feb 2014, 8:28 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote Does the 13/14 still inter-work with the X22 in which case Omnicities would not be a good choice for peak time and Saturday loadings on the X22.

Yes, 14s and X22s do interwork (13s run stand-alone with 1 vehicle).