You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

GNE Questions about fleet withdrawals/buses VOR/fleet questions

(17 Aug 2023, 8:19 pm)streetdeckfan wrote On vehicles that have the illuminated logo on the front, is that just a clear panel that's painted body colour, and a stencil of the logo is painted over to keep that section clear?

Yes it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(08 Aug 2023, 9:44 pm)nova347 wrote 5411 has just came back today after being off for a month. Anyone knows what happened to this?

Also what happened to 684, it came back into service yesterday and it looks like practically all the panels have been replaced.

684 was VOR for an engine and the panels were removed to keep another bus on the road, I fitted all the new panels to 684 before it went for MOT, it waits it’s turn to get sorted properly

RE: GNE Questions about fleet withdrawals/buses VOR/fleet questions
(05 Sep 2023, 4:18 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote No on Bustimes there is some more fleet numbers on the list continuing from the L&G Buses in the 92**

Noticed a Stanley coach up amongst the training vehicles. 
Presumably on loan and possibly in the 92xx series.

Saying that, may not have a fleet number and may not be tracking either.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(05 Sep 2023, 4:18 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote No on Bustimes there is some more fleet numbers on the list continuing from the L&G Buses in the 92**

They are buses being used on Nexus school bus routes which have been sub-contracted to JH Coaches.

(06 Sep 2023, 9:09 am)nova347 wrote What actually happened to the Versas the other day?

I heard it was a safety recall of all the Versas in the country, they had to be checked for a potential safety issue. Wasn't a GNE specific thing.
(06 Sep 2023, 10:21 am)streetdeckfan wrote Someone did a diarrhoea on them

Arguably an improvement to some of them Big Grin
Kind Regards
Tez
Site Administrator
(07 Sep 2023, 2:13 pm)nova347 wrote Saw 5360 and a X1 Streedeck come along the A1231 from Deptford. I take it it was for MOT's or repairs.

Yes. Heading back to Washington after passing MOT.

Peterlee Purples broke down at the end of the A19 slip road from Seaton (slip road after Dalton Park one).

5444, did the 20:49 359 to Whitley Bay then ran NIS to Saltwellmedows, anyone know why?
(08 Sep 2023, 8:40 pm)nova347 wrote Peterlee Purples broke down at the end of the A19 slip road from Seaton (slip road after Dalton Park one). Im not sure qhich one but I beleive going off bustimes it was either 654 or 656. 

5444, did the 20:49 359 to Whitley Bay then ran NIS to Saltwellmedows, anyone know why?
Site Administrator
(08 Sep 2023, 8:40 pm)nova347 wrote Peterlee Purples broke down at the end of the A19 slip road from Seaton (slip road after Dalton Park one).

The 335/351/359 are being operated out of Saltmeadows at the moment, with five Streetlites.

The fleet will alternate between there and Percy Main (Saltmeadows, for all intents and purposes, being a sub-site of Percy Main).

(09 Sep 2023, 5:49 pm)nova347 wrote 3941,3942,3943,3962 transferred from Deptford to Riverside.

Any ideas about what else has been withdrawn  re instated or moved depots due to the service changes?
Site Administrator
(10 Sep 2023, 2:09 pm)ian foster wrote Any ideas about what else has been withdrawn  re instated or moved depots due to the service changes?

Nothing - just the annual shift around of deckers a result of school contract changes.

Another 2 Hybrids have disappeared from bustimes. 2 of the 4 yellow xlines 6065 and 6068.
If correct, that's 4 now gone in a week

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
(19 Sep 2023, 7:12 pm)Iamtheone8483748 wrote Do we know what will replace them yet?

Probs the ex London stock.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Sep 2023, 7:31 pm)Michael wrote Probs the ex London stock.
I wonder if 6202 and 6210-13 are due for Consett, along with the ex London B9's already there are the Hybrids replacements?

(19 Sep 2023, 7:38 pm)Tiger5105 wrote I wonder if 6202 and 6210-13 are due for Consett, along with the ex London B9's already there are the Hybrids replacements?

6210-13 I'm sure are due for PM for the 327 although I'm sure they'd displace some Omnidekkas
(19 Sep 2023, 7:05 pm)Tiger5105 wrote Another 2 Hybrids have disappeared from bustimes. 2 of the 4 yellow xlines 6065 and 6068.

They've had one of the old EYMS B9s on there for the past few days, you can hear it from a mile off, sounds awful! Bit of a downgrade.
My thoughts on this
the streetdecks off the 21 when it goes electric. onto the 10's.with a few spare at riverside
tyne valley tens up to Hownsgill to replace the hybrid's
Numbers match up,6071 to 6085 and 6056 to 6070
Basically the same type of bus for the punters, normals wont care if there hybrid's or straight diesel.
(19 Sep 2023, 9:58 pm)MCN881L wrote My thoughts on this
the streetdecks off the 21 when it goes electric. onto the 10's.with a few spare at riverside
tyne valley tens up to Hownsgill to replace the hybrid's
Numbers match up,6071 to 6085 and 6056 to 6070
Basically the same type of bus for the punters, normals wont care if there hybrid's or straight diesel.
But those G2 are already wrecked - facing that with the X5/X15/16/16A which aren't the easiest routes

There are over 150 buses which need to be replaced a order for 20 bus isn't going to make a dent.
(19 Sep 2023, 7:05 pm)Tiger5105 wrote Another 2 Hybrids have disappeared from bustimes. 2 of the 4 yellow xlines 6065 and 6068.

6065 is still in service
(19 Sep 2023, 10:15 pm)Unber43 wrote But those G2 are already wrecked - facing that with the X5/X15/16/16A which aren't the easiest routes

There are over 150 buses which need to be replaced a order for 20 bus isn't going to even touch the issue.

Totally agree 
Vast majority of the fleet is over 10 years old, even the early streetlites have hit 10
guessing the biggest problem now is with GNE loosing money, ther'll be no chance of new buses unless somebody else pays, ie the grants