You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Shortest north east routes.
Do short service runs count, I remember the 88 used to do a 3 min Journey from one end of lukes lane to the other then change trip number etc at the end.
(19 Oct 2023, 6:47 pm)Unber43 wrote Do short service runs count, I remember the 88 used to do a 3 min Journey from one end of lukes lane to the other then change trip number etc at the end.

Yeah any registered service that was a short route.

(18 Oct 2023, 11:21 pm)James101 wrote Was there once a Stockton - Chandler’s Wharf Mecca shuttle from Stagecoach which was similarly short?

You’re right I think they was the 525 and think one of the Transbus darts was used on it.
(19 Oct 2023, 7:10 pm)col87 wrote You’re right I think they was the 525 and think one of the Transbus darts was used on it.

Nope. 525 was a Government-funded route linking the High Street to Teesdale in a loop - originally out via Church Road and back into town via Bridge Road until the work on the one-way system at the bottom of Church Road at which point it was flipped round to operate the other way round.
The service between the High Street and Mecca Bingo was numbered the 477 - and indeed, still ran until Covid struck, although at the end only at limited times of the day and operated by M&D Travel. Like the 525, it left the High Street via Church Road and then operated via the Riverside to the Bingo.