You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: November 2023 changes
(28 Oct 2023, 11:06 am)Michael wrote Wonder if they'll delay the November changes now, due to the strikes continuing?

or cancel them altogether, I can't see much need for increased frequencies now.
(29 Oct 2023, 8:30 am)busmanT wrote or cancel them altogether, I can't see much need for increased frequencies now.

They could, but that's an extremely negative approach and actually stinks of the "I'm taking back my ball and going home" mentality.

Lots of talk about affordability with increased rates of pay, but the solution always seems to be to cut back, rather than having a plan to grow the business.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(29 Oct 2023, 12:14 pm)Adrian wrote They could, but that's an extremely negative approach and actually stinks of the "I'm taking back my ball and going home" mentality.

Lots of talk about affordability with increased rates of pay, but the solution always seems to be to cut back, rather than having a plan to grow the business.

At least the changes were never publicly publicised aside from the Durham timetable site putting up the new timetables for services operating within County Durham, so no-one else will notice.

The cynic in me is certainly of the opinion that the frequency increase on the 56 now won't happen which I think was the main one aside from a few more 20A's in the evening although think these were just replacing existing 20 journeys, beyond that think it was minor stuff and moving services back into Durham Bus Station.
(29 Oct 2023, 12:56 pm)Jimmi wrote At least the changes were never publicly publicised aside from the Durham timetable site putting up the new timetables for services operating within County Durham, so no-one else will notice.

The cynic in me is certainly of the opinion that the frequency increase on the 56 now won't happen which I think was the main one aside from a few more 20A's in the evening although think these were just replacing existing 20 journeys, beyond that think it was minor stuff and moving services back into Durham Bus Station.

They'd need to cancel with the Traffic Commissioner at full notice as they've already registered the service. The TC will take a VERY dim view of being messed around if they tried to cancel at short notice.

My view is they registered the services knowing full well they were still in dispute. So they should be obliged to run what they registered when they are in a position to do so. It's not the customers fault GNE can't get its house in order.
(29 Oct 2023, 1:50 pm)DeltaMan wrote They'd need to cancel with the Traffic Commissioner at full notice as they've already registered the service. The TC will take a VERY dim view of being messed around if they tried to cancel at short notice.

My view is they registered the services knowing full well they were still in dispute. So they should be obliged to run what they registered when they are in a position to do so. It's not the customers fault GNE can't get its house in order.

I'd say measure Serv05 from the Enhanced Partnership covers this too, if they were to revert back changes that have already been agreed and registered. So the 18 weeks notice per the Code of Conduct should start again.

See foot of page 72 onwards: https://www.transportnortheast.gov.uk/wp...h-2023.pdf
(29 Oct 2023, 8:30 am)busmanT wrote or cancel them altogether, I can't see much need for increased frequencies now.

I can’t find my tiny violin that I enjoy playing for Go Ahead pension holders
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Or for some good PR say after the strike is over

"During the strike weve been looking at our network and weve done this, frequency increases here, here and here, more journeys here. Re-timed stuff. It would actually be a great time for scheduling to update the timings of routes
(28 Oct 2023, 11:06 am)Michael wrote Wonder if they'll delay the November changes now, due to the strikes continuing?

I wonder if the November changes were based on the new working agreements. 
Maybe they created the timetables and rotas, based on the working agreements being accepted. 

If that is the case, then they're gonna struggle to implement.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Looks like traveline, has the new timetables uploaded.

8 - last bus from Sunderland to Stanley is 22:10pm with the 23:10pm finishing at the Galleries
8 - last bus from Stanley to Sunderland is 21:30pm with the 22:30pm finishing at the Galleries and the 23:30pm finishing at Chester-Le-Street

Sunday service between 9am and 23:00pm
-----------------

56 increased to every 12 minutes

---

cba to check the rest, haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(29 Oct 2023, 9:14 pm)Unber43 wrote The 8 is awfully timed with the 78 they literally leave within 10 & 0 mins of eachother

The 8 and 78 take completely different routes between Sunderland and Chester-le-Street, so I can't see this being much of a problem.
(30 Oct 2023, 10:09 am)Adrian wrote The 8 and 78 take completely different routes between Sunderland and Chester-le-Street, so I can't see this being much of a problem.

They're two complete different bus routes altogether really bad about 10 bus stops between CLS and Pelton. 

Never really understood why they're the same brand personally. 

The 78 arguably interworks with the 2/2A more than the 8
(29 Oct 2023, 3:13 pm)Andreos1 wrote I wonder if the November changes were based on the new working agreements. 
Maybe they created the timetables and rotas, based on the working agreements being accepted. 

If that is the case, then they're gonna struggle to implement.

What “new working arrangements”? 

None proposed by GNE as far as I can see.
(30 Oct 2023, 6:39 pm)busmanT wrote What “new working arrangements”? 

Fair question though, as they'd have still been on the table at the point of these changes been notified to TNE? 18 weeks notice, isn't it?

Dear Lord man, take the blinkers off
Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Really?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(03 Nov 2023, 3:57 pm)Rob44 wrote it would be nice if it say route change they said what the bloody change was!

Most if not all of the route changes are just substituting the new bus station in Durham for the current stops on North Road.
(03 Nov 2023, 4:24 pm)missedbus wrote Most if not all of the route changes are just substituting the new bus station in Durham for the current stops on North Road.

the 515 isnt!
(04 Nov 2023, 10:54 pm)Ambassador wrote I’m assuming the head dogsbody assistant who runs the GNE website is on strike…or running one of their contracts?

No point in updating the website when the buses aren't running, and no sign of them ever running again.
Wonder when these changes will take place?

Edit:

Nvm just checked and its apparently its from tomorrow
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.