You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action
(06 Nov 2023, 2:37 am)Unber43 wrote Group of MP's Including: 

Julie Elliott MP - Sunderland Central 
Ian Mearns MP - Gateshead 
Kate Osborne MP - Jarrow
Ian Lavery MP - Wansbeck 
Sharon Hodgson MP - Washington & Sunderland West 
Mary Glindon MP - North Tyneside 
Liz Twist MP - Blaydon
Grahame Morris MP - Easington
Emma Lewell-Buck MP - South Shields 
Marry Kelly Foy MP - City Of Durham

Have sent a joint letter directed to Go North East's Managing Director Nigel Featham Directly. 

In the letter it stated "The responsibility is on Go North East to resolve this dispute immediately". 

So they've gone for the organ grinder, rather than the monkey. 
Wonder if it makes any difference?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(06 Nov 2023, 12:18 pm)Andreos1 wrote So they've gone for the organ grinder, rather than the monkey. 
Wonder if it makes any difference?

I am waiting for the 'MPs on the Union payroll have failed to understand just how absolutely fantastically generous we are' line
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(06 Nov 2023, 12:10 pm)Adrian wrote He strikes me as someone who was promoted for compliance rather than competence.  

The latest press release doesn't surprise me one bit, but I still think it stinks of the ego of NF. Trying to turn an industrial dispute of their making into some kind of culture war; straight from the playbook of the Johnson Government.

Compliance? I always got the impression that he had a brown nose. 
Could be completely wrong mind.

(06 Nov 2023, 12:28 pm)Ambassador wrote I am waiting for the 'MPs on the Union payroll have failed to understand just how absolutely fantastically generous we are' line

Wonder if they asked the Tory MP's to stick their name on it? 
They've been very quiet about their constituency members.
(06 Nov 2023, 12:34 pm)Andreos1 wrote Wonder if they asked the Tory MP's to stick their name on it? 

The Labour members where GoNorthEast buses actually would be handy aswell. There's absolutely no buses in Wansbeck so I'm not sure why Ian Lavery is getting involved.
(06 Nov 2023, 12:52 pm)Storx wrote The Labour members where GoNorthEast buses actually would be handy aswell. There's absolutely no buses in Wansbeck so I'm not sure why Ian Lavery is getting involved.

A united front I would guess.
(06 Nov 2023, 12:50 pm)Michael wrote Screams "get back to work before I throw my toys out of the pram"

He's already been doing that and that was before this 12 weeks was confirmed
(06 Nov 2023, 12:55 pm)Ambassador wrote A united front I would guess.

Aye haven't checked their histories but it seems to be left wing union supporters who are on that list whereas everyone else is ducking it. I know Kate Osbourne and Lavery both definitely are.

No doubt why no-one else is either as no-one wants to be seen backing unions as it's just a political black hole, rightly or wrongly.
(06 Nov 2023, 1:01 pm)Storx wrote Aye haven't checked their histories but it seems to be left wing union supporters who are on that list whereas everyone else is ducking it. I know Kate Osbourne and Lavery both definitely are.

No doubt why no-one else is either as no-one wants to be seen backing unions as it's just a political black hole, rightly or wrongly.

Opperman and that fella in Blyth who said he was a nurse, but wasn't a nurse. 
Bishop Auckland is tory these days too I think. Not sure about any others. But no doubt they have constituents who are inconvenienced by the strike.
(06 Nov 2023, 1:23 pm)Andreos1 wrote Opperman and that fella in Blyth who said he was a nurse, but wasn't a nurse. 
Bishop Auckland is tory these days too I think. Not sure about any others. But no doubt they have constituents who are inconvenienced by the strike.

Aye Ian Levy, the Blyth one. Clueless. There's Dickie (Richard Holden) who ironically is part of the transport team at government level now, forgot his full title. Very surprised he's not saying something, he wasn't half quick to announce it was over in parliament to them back track as he's a clueless idiot aswell.

Gannon is the surprise to me, almost missing, and doesn't half jump the gun when it involves the Tories. Arguably the area, most affected aswell.
(06 Nov 2023, 1:23 pm)Andreos1 wrote Opperman and that fella in Blyth who said he was a nurse, but wasn't a nurse. 

Yes. Dehenna Davidson was on HIGNFY, last week. Probably never been on a bus in her life.
Due to the ongoing industrial action, we are unfortunately unable to provide a normal service. We are, however, trying our best to prioritise the running of school services and certain contracted services.

Northumberland County Council has arranged with external companies to operate a limited service in the Hexham area.

We apologise for the disruption during this time, and we remain committed to reaching a solution that will bring an end to the industrial action.

The services operating are detailed below:

All school bus services (including services 18A, 28S and 85A) - normal service
91 Newcastle to Team Valley - normal service
335 Killingworth to Hadrian Park - normal service
351 Newcastle to Whitley Bay - normal service (Monday - Saturday only) until approximately 7pm.
The last departures are 19:20 from Whitley Bay to Newcastle and 20:25 from Newcastle to Whitley Bay.
Unfortunately, service 351 will not run on Sundays.
359 Killingworth to Whitley Bay - normal service
392 Marden Estate to HMRC Benton View - normal service
553 Wallsend to Freeman Hospital - normal service
680 Hexham to Bellingham - limited service operated by Howard Snaith under contract to Northumberland County Council
683 Hexham Town Service - limited service operated by Rural Link under contract to Northumberland County Council
684 Hexham to Heddon-on-the-Wall - limited service operated by Howard Snaith and Rural Link under contract to Northumberland County Council.
Connections can be made at Heddon-on-the-Wall to/from Stagecoach service 685 to/from Newcastle
687 Hexham to Newbrough - limited service operated by Howard Snaith and Go North East under contract to Northumberland County Council
688 Hexham to Allenheads - limited service operated by Howard Snaith under contract to Northumberland County Council
689 Hexham to Consett - limited service operated by Rural Link under contract to Northumberland County Council
794 Stanley to DWP Tyneview Park - normal service
933 Rowlands Gill to Team Valley - normal service
941 Stanhope Street to Team Valley - normal service
S2 Team Valley Sainsbury's Free Bus - normal service
X62 Peterlee to Durham - normal service

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/update-industrial-action - timetables are highlighted on link.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(06 Nov 2023, 2:22 pm)Michael wrote Due to the ongoing industrial action, we are unfortunately unable to provide a normal service. We are, however, trying our best to prioritise the running of school services and certain contracted services.

Northumberland County Council has arranged with external companies to operate a limited service in the Hexham area.

We apologise for the disruption during this time, and we remain committed to reaching a solution that will bring an end to the industrial action.

351 Newcastle to Whitley Bay - normal service (Monday - Saturday only) until approximately 7pm.
The last departures are 19:20 from Whitley Bay to Newcastle and 20:25 from Newcastle to Whitley Bay.
680 Hexham to Bellingham - limited service operated by Howard Snaith under contract to Northumberland County Council
683 Hexham Town Service - limited service operated by Rural Link under contract to Northumberland County Council
684 Hexham to Heddon-on-the-Wall - limited service operated by Howard Snaith and Rural Link under contract to Northumberland County Council.
Connections can be made at Heddon-on-the-Wall to/from Stagecoach service 685 to/from Newcastle
687 Hexham to Newbrough - limited service operated by Howard Snaith and Go North East under contract to Northumberland County Council
688 Hexham to Allenheads - limited service operated by Howard Snaith under contract to Northumberland County Council
689 Hexham to Consett - limited service operated by Rural Link under contract to Northumberland County Council

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/update-industrial-action - timetables are highlighted on link.

It's only took them what 5 weeks to announce the 351/359/335 are running
Wonder how Ben would survive on 30K, doing the job drivers do, management should do what they want the drivers to do 46 weeks of out the year for two weeks.
(06 Nov 2023, 12:34 pm)Andreos1 wrote Compliance? I always got the impression that he had a brown nose. 
Could be completely wrong mind.

Wonder if they asked the Tory MP's to stick their name on it? 
Richard Holden, MP for North West Durham (Consett, Stanley) has said both sides need to sort it out. I imagine that is as much as he can say given he also an under secretary at the DfT. 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...013308.amp
(06 Nov 2023, 2:22 pm)Michael wrote Due to the ongoing industrial action, we are unfortunately unable to provide a normal service. We are, however, trying our best to prioritise the running of school services and certain contracted services.

As a washington resident, seeing this just pisses me off. Clearly even nexus don't care about the 79, 82, 520 etc....
Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
(06 Nov 2023, 4:07 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote As a washington resident, seeing this just pisses me off. Clearly even nexus don't care about the 79, 82, 520 etc....

Isn't it a shame that gne took them over from GCT & Jh Coaches. Worked out amazing hasn't it for everyone in the area that they worked in. Especially Sunderland Uni who had the 701 by Jh. Gne won the contract. Ran it for 4 weeks and its been on strike. Everything worked out perfectly. Same with the 99 & 939 by Stagecoach
(06 Nov 2023, 4:11 pm)Aaron21 wrote Isn't it a shame that gne took them over from GCT & Jh Coaches. Worked out amazing hasn't it for everyone in the area that they worked in. Especially Sunderland Uni who had the 701 by Jh. Gne won the contract. Ran it for 4 weeks and its been on strike. Everything worked out perfectly.  Same with the 99 & 939 by Stagecoach

All that Commerical success  Big Grin
(06 Nov 2023, 4:07 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote As a washington resident, seeing this just pisses me off. Clearly even nexus don't care about the 79, 82, 520 etc....

It's already been said that the only reason the 335/351/359 is running because they have agency drivers, and by law these cannot be redeployed to other services in the case of strike action.
Unite are fairly active on social media which suggests today's talks when along the lines of

Unite: We'd like a payrise and no T&C amends. We'd take a one year deal.

Ben: But the nurses!!!!! Dan, Dan, Daaaaan, get the powerpoint press release ready!
(06 Nov 2023, 4:54 pm)Ambassador wrote Unite are fairly active on social media which suggests today's talks when along the lines of

Unite: We'd like a payrise and no T&C amends. We'd take a one year deal.

Ben: But the nurses!!!!! Dan, Dan, Daaaaan, get the powerpoint press release ready!

Yep no further forward, Going by Nigels attitude he's not interested in the slightest.
Views and Opinions are my own
Sunderland College have arranged 4 buses or coaches to get students to the GCSE November resits no mention of how they getting home after the exam.

I only know this because I study there.
(06 Nov 2023, 6:16 pm)Ds1197 wrote Sunderland College have arranged 4 buses or coaches to get students to the GCSE November resits no mention of how they getting home after the exam.

I only know this because I study there.

The situation is total and utter arse
Kind Regards
Tez
(06 Nov 2023, 6:25 pm)Iamtheone8483748 wrote From reading around apparently the next talks now won't be until January..

I've been shown something and it appears nigel said "are Unite ready to cave in". That's just absolutely pathetic now. He and manged really don't care anymore it seems
(06 Nov 2023, 6:28 pm)Aaron21 wrote I've been shown something and it appears nigel said "are Unite ready to cave in". That's just absolutely pathetic now. He and manged really don't care anymore it seems

He's never cared, all he cares about is the "Bee Network"
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(06 Nov 2023, 6:35 pm)Michael wrote He's never cared, all he cares about is the "Bee Network"

Exactly. Seems that Ben cares about is his ego and to say to people "blame Unite not us. We care about our drivers. We're not slagging them off behind there backs and blaming Unite. It's your fault"

When it reality its Ben throwing his toys out the pram