Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (52) Previous 149 50 51 52 Next
Aaron21

22 Dec 2023, 11:59 pm #981
(22 Dec 2023, 10:37 pm)L469 YVK Going by the state of the 307 today, some serious opportunity for Stagecoach to exploit Hadrian Park if they can negotiate with the Cobalt.

22 (every 20 minutes) - Same route as now to Churchill Street then Hadrian Park loop. Extended to Silverlink on Sunday daytimes.

23 (every 20 minutes) - Current 22 route Throckley to Cobalt.

Not forgetting going off the current timetable, would give a later service back to Hadrian Park as opposed to 11pm from Haymarket (if that one turns up).

How many times is this gonna come up seriously. Its getting boring and annoying. Please stop mentioning this
Aaron21
22 Dec 2023, 11:59 pm #981

(22 Dec 2023, 10:37 pm)L469 YVK Going by the state of the 307 today, some serious opportunity for Stagecoach to exploit Hadrian Park if they can negotiate with the Cobalt.

22 (every 20 minutes) - Same route as now to Churchill Street then Hadrian Park loop. Extended to Silverlink on Sunday daytimes.

23 (every 20 minutes) - Current 22 route Throckley to Cobalt.

Not forgetting going off the current timetable, would give a later service back to Hadrian Park as opposed to 11pm from Haymarket (if that one turns up).

How many times is this gonna come up seriously. Its getting boring and annoying. Please stop mentioning this

L469 YVK

23 Dec 2023, 12:31 am #982
(22 Dec 2023, 11:21 pm)Unber43 oh my god....just stop it

Well it's a more than valid suggestion given the current situation GNE are in. If Stagecoach can offer a suitable alternative with journey times and stopping arrangements not to disimilar to the 57/58 and guarantee that they'll turn up 99% of the time, I'm sure most passengers in Hadrian Park heading to Newcastle or Wallsend would abandon the 41/41A/307 in favour of a revised 22.

(22 Dec 2023, 11:59 pm)Aaron21 How many times is this gonna come up seriously. Its getting boring and annoying. Please stop mentioning this
Well that's the whole point of a suggestion forum. And it's actually a very valid suggestion given GNE's situation with not too much being meddled around with at Stagecoach's end.

The only stumbling block would be any funding agreements with Cobalt and how the 22X boards would work.

If them two issues could be addressed, would actually be a nice little earner for Stagecoach especially with the AM / PM peaks towards Newcastle.
Edited 23 Dec 2023, 12:35 am by L469 YVK.
L469 YVK
23 Dec 2023, 12:31 am #982

(22 Dec 2023, 11:21 pm)Unber43 oh my god....just stop it

Well it's a more than valid suggestion given the current situation GNE are in. If Stagecoach can offer a suitable alternative with journey times and stopping arrangements not to disimilar to the 57/58 and guarantee that they'll turn up 99% of the time, I'm sure most passengers in Hadrian Park heading to Newcastle or Wallsend would abandon the 41/41A/307 in favour of a revised 22.

(22 Dec 2023, 11:59 pm)Aaron21 How many times is this gonna come up seriously. Its getting boring and annoying. Please stop mentioning this
Well that's the whole point of a suggestion forum. And it's actually a very valid suggestion given GNE's situation with not too much being meddled around with at Stagecoach's end.

The only stumbling block would be any funding agreements with Cobalt and how the 22X boards would work.

If them two issues could be addressed, would actually be a nice little earner for Stagecoach especially with the AM / PM peaks towards Newcastle.

Aaron21

23 Dec 2023, 12:41 am #983
(23 Dec 2023, 12:31 am)L469 YVK Well it's a more than valid suggestion given the current situation GNE are in. If Stagecoach can offer a suitable alternative with journey times and stopping arrangements not to disimilar to the 57/58 and guarantee that they'll turn up 99% of the time, I'm sure most passengers in Hadrian Park heading to Newcastle or Wallsend would abandon the 41/41A/307 in favour of a revised 22.

Name one way how. The 41/41A server Battle Hill & Wiltshire Drive which pick up people and the 307 goes along the coast road. Your suggestion still makes no sense. Hadrian Park wouldn't either make sense for the 22. The 22 would even need another bus or 2 added onto the pvr. Your suggestion is annoying to keep hearing.

What I find funny is you want the 22 to make a better alternative to the 307 yet it was you who sat here on this fourm in January complaining about the 310/311 and welcome the 307 change. Now you're saying the 307 isn't the best and the 22 is a better option. Stagecoach wouldn't push in on Hadrian Park since it's a gne area and always has been (at least I can remember)

The 22 to Hadrian Park makes no sense and I'm sure a lot of us are sick of hearing it
Aaron21
23 Dec 2023, 12:41 am #983

(23 Dec 2023, 12:31 am)L469 YVK Well it's a more than valid suggestion given the current situation GNE are in. If Stagecoach can offer a suitable alternative with journey times and stopping arrangements not to disimilar to the 57/58 and guarantee that they'll turn up 99% of the time, I'm sure most passengers in Hadrian Park heading to Newcastle or Wallsend would abandon the 41/41A/307 in favour of a revised 22.

Name one way how. The 41/41A server Battle Hill & Wiltshire Drive which pick up people and the 307 goes along the coast road. Your suggestion still makes no sense. Hadrian Park wouldn't either make sense for the 22. The 22 would even need another bus or 2 added onto the pvr. Your suggestion is annoying to keep hearing.

What I find funny is you want the 22 to make a better alternative to the 307 yet it was you who sat here on this fourm in January complaining about the 310/311 and welcome the 307 change. Now you're saying the 307 isn't the best and the 22 is a better option. Stagecoach wouldn't push in on Hadrian Park since it's a gne area and always has been (at least I can remember)

The 22 to Hadrian Park makes no sense and I'm sure a lot of us are sick of hearing it

L469 YVK

23 Dec 2023, 8:16 am #984
(23 Dec 2023, 12:41 am)Aaron21 Your suggestion still makes no sense. Hadrian Park wouldn't either make sense for the 22. The 22 would even need another bus or 2 added onto the pvr. Your suggestion is annoying to keep hearing.

Depending how the peak time 22X boards would work, would actually reduce the PVR by 1x contrary to increasing PVR with a 20 minute split to Hadrian Park or Cobalt. Furthermore, it would offer links to Howdon, Wallsend, Byker, Quayside, and all the inner parts of Newcastle City Centre and beyond.

Stagecoach wouldn't push in on Hadrian Park? Well look at what they've done in other areas.......
- 22 > 1
- 37 > 352
- 38 > 355
- 317 - gave it a good go with some commercial risk

When Arriva had a poor offering on the 685, GNE stepped in with the X84/X85. No harm in Stagecoach doing the same.
L469 YVK
23 Dec 2023, 8:16 am #984

(23 Dec 2023, 12:41 am)Aaron21 Your suggestion still makes no sense. Hadrian Park wouldn't either make sense for the 22. The 22 would even need another bus or 2 added onto the pvr. Your suggestion is annoying to keep hearing.

Depending how the peak time 22X boards would work, would actually reduce the PVR by 1x contrary to increasing PVR with a 20 minute split to Hadrian Park or Cobalt. Furthermore, it would offer links to Howdon, Wallsend, Byker, Quayside, and all the inner parts of Newcastle City Centre and beyond.

Stagecoach wouldn't push in on Hadrian Park? Well look at what they've done in other areas.......
- 22 > 1
- 37 > 352
- 38 > 355

When Arriva had a poor offering on the 685, GNE stepped in with the X84/X85. No harm in Stagecoach doing the same.

Aaron21

23 Dec 2023, 8:45 am #985
- 22 > 1
- 37 > 352
- 38 > 355

Let me remind you on some of these

22 has been going to Cobalt since 2015 and had nothing to do with the 1

37 went to Cramlington to offer a every 30 minute service and to actually follow the old 52 route and run an evening and Sunday service (non of which the 352 provided)

38 went to Forest Hall due to the fact gne came up with the idea to complete miss out the 355 to not serve Four Lane Ends so nobody in Forest Hall/Meadway Estate had a link to Four Lane Ends anymore

317 is just a stupid idea to bring up since it's the withdrawal Go North East 11 which follow the exact same route. Arriva could have took it over and still would have no relevance to what your saying. Its the old GNE 11 and Stagecoach won it as the 317
Aaron21
23 Dec 2023, 8:45 am #985

- 22 > 1
- 37 > 352
- 38 > 355

Let me remind you on some of these

37 went to Cramlington to offer a every 30 minute service and to actually follow the old 52 route and run an evening and Sunday service (non of which the 352 provided)

38 went to Forest Hall due to the fact gne came up with the idea to complete miss out the 355 to not serve Four Lane Ends so nobody in Forest Hall/Meadway Estate had a link to Four Lane Ends anymore

317 is just a stupid idea to bring up since it's the withdrawal Go North East 11 which follow the exact same route. Arriva could have took it over and still would have no relevance to what your saying. Its the old GNE 11 and Stagecoach won it as the 317

L469 YVK

23 Dec 2023, 11:43 am #986
(23 Dec 2023, 8:45 am)Aaron21 Let me remind you on some of these

With funding from Cobalt, no brainer for Stagecoach and has actually taken passengers off the 1, with the 1 being reduced to every 20 minutes and back to single deckers. Also ended the 42/42A.

Well there you have it. GNE went in with a lower frequency albeit a slightly different route and Stagecoach bettered it. Asides, Burradon to Cramlington is also covered by Arriva's X8.

Exactly that, 38 has replaced the old 55 mostly like for like excluding Matthews Bank and opened up new links too.

Actually also covers the old 41/41A too. Stagecoach made a good go with the 317 and have provided decent vehicles and marketing for the service. I'd imagine would just be above break even Monday to Saturday if ran on a commercial basis.

If anyone was to argue the Hadrian Park idea, it would instead be an extension of the 22 but heading towards the Coast, effectively wiping out the 1. But that would mean extra vehicles and risk unless GNE ever threw the towel in at Percy Main, ..........which could be a possibity if a successful ZEBRA bid was made for the Coast Road Corridor > meaning a move to Riverside as I doubt GNE could get the infrastructure in place at Percy Main.
L469 YVK
23 Dec 2023, 11:43 am #986

(23 Dec 2023, 8:45 am)Aaron21 Let me remind you on some of these

With funding from Cobalt, no brainer for Stagecoach and has actually taken passengers off the 1, with the 1 being reduced to every 20 minutes and back to single deckers. Also ended the 42/42A.

Well there you have it. GNE went in with a lower frequency albeit a slightly different route and Stagecoach bettered it. Asides, Burradon to Cramlington is also covered by Arriva's X8.

Exactly that, 38 has replaced the old 55 mostly like for like excluding Matthews Bank and opened up new links too.

Actually also covers the old 41/41A too. Stagecoach made a good go with the 317 and have provided decent vehicles and marketing for the service. I'd imagine would just be above break even Monday to Saturday if ran on a commercial basis.

If anyone was to argue the Hadrian Park idea, it would instead be an extension of the 22 but heading towards the Coast, effectively wiping out the 1. But that would mean extra vehicles and risk unless GNE ever threw the towel in at Percy Main, ..........which could be a possibity if a successful ZEBRA bid was made for the Coast Road Corridor > meaning a move to Riverside as I doubt GNE could get the infrastructure in place at Percy Main.

Storx

23 Dec 2023, 12:28 pm #987

I know this is a different post but you were mentioning the 317. In an ideal world that would be better being split up in half then you could have:

57/57A: Ashington - Cramlington - Whitley Bay - 317 route - North Shields - North Shields Ferry
18: Quorum - Byker - Walker - Q3 Route - Wallsend - 317 Route - North Shields Ferry - North Shields
Q3: Curtailed at St Peter's

It would open new links North / South and East / West towards the Ferry across to South Shields. The 317 is just one long winded route right now which is long as an understatement. The tax payer is also currently paying for 5 buses an hour between St Peter's and Walker aswell which is just ridiculous use of funds.
Edited 23 Dec 2023, 12:33 pm by Storx.
Storx
23 Dec 2023, 12:28 pm #987

I know this is a different post but you were mentioning the 317. In an ideal world that would be better being split up in half then you could have:

57/57A: Ashington - Cramlington - Whitley Bay - 317 route - North Shields - North Shields Ferry
18: Quorum - Byker - Walker - Q3 Route - Wallsend - 317 Route - North Shields Ferry - North Shields

It would open new links North / South and East / West towards the Ferry across to South Shields. The 317 is just one long winded route right now which is long as an understatement. The tax payer is also currently paying for 5 buses an hour between St Peter's and Walker aswell which is just ridiculous use of funds.

L469 YVK

23 Dec 2023, 3:16 pm #988
(23 Dec 2023, 12:28 pm)Storx I know this is a different post but you were mentioning the 317. In an ideal world that would be better being split up in half then you could have:

I do get your logic although the 317 is fairly stable.

If anything, Arriva should target the Billy Mill Lane to North Shields stretch of route (vs 353 and 354). But that's for the Arriva thread!
L469 YVK
23 Dec 2023, 3:16 pm #988

(23 Dec 2023, 12:28 pm)Storx I know this is a different post but you were mentioning the 317. In an ideal world that would be better being split up in half then you could have:

I do get your logic although the 317 is fairly stable.

If anything, Arriva should target the Billy Mill Lane to North Shields stretch of route (vs 353 and 354). But that's for the Arriva thread!

Storx

23 Dec 2023, 10:05 pm #989
(23 Dec 2023, 3:16 pm)L469 YVK I do get your logic although the 317 is fairly stable.

The 317 is one of the worst subsidies going. I can't remember how much it gets off the top of my head but it's in the millions and that's including Stagecoach taking risk.

It's not doing well from a tax payer point of view, it's no wonder Stagecoach like it, it'll be one of their most profitable routes. If it was doing well, it would be commercial. There's also a nice shiny bus station where people could interchange (if needed).

The 18/Q3 is a severe funding issue aswell, duplicating each other for 2 mile or so.
Edited 23 Dec 2023, 10:06 pm by Storx.
Storx
23 Dec 2023, 10:05 pm #989

(23 Dec 2023, 3:16 pm)L469 YVK I do get your logic although the 317 is fairly stable.

The 317 is one of the worst subsidies going. I can't remember how much it gets off the top of my head but it's in the millions and that's including Stagecoach taking risk.

It's not doing well from a tax payer point of view, it's no wonder Stagecoach like it, it'll be one of their most profitable routes. If it was doing well, it would be commercial. There's also a nice shiny bus station where people could interchange (if needed).

The 18/Q3 is a severe funding issue aswell, duplicating each other for 2 mile or so.

Storx

27 Dec 2023, 3:30 pm #990
The 317, has one of the highest subsidies, if not the highest, in North Tyneside. That's a fact.
Edited 27 Dec 2023, 3:51 pm by Storx.
Storx
27 Dec 2023, 3:30 pm #990

The 317, has one of the highest subsidies, if not the highest, in North Tyneside. That's a fact.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Dec 2023, 3:52 pm #991
(27 Dec 2023, 3:30 pm)Storx The 317, has one of the highest subsidies, if not the highest, in North Tyneside. That's a fact.

That’s only because it’s a high PVR and has a long span of day, though.

The 32 (6 PVR) and 335/351/359 (5 PVR) are similarly beefy numbers, in the Newcastle/North Tyneside round.

A more accurate measure is subsidy per passenger, or subsidy per mile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
27 Dec 2023, 3:52 pm #991

(27 Dec 2023, 3:30 pm)Storx The 317, has one of the highest subsidies, if not the highest, in North Tyneside. That's a fact.

That’s only because it’s a high PVR and has a long span of day, though.

The 32 (6 PVR) and 335/351/359 (5 PVR) are similarly beefy numbers, in the Newcastle/North Tyneside round.

L469 YVK

27 Dec 2023, 4:22 pm #992

Not condoning if was meant in the perceieved way........Unless he was making reference to the NT hospital link? Which exactly the 317 does.

Ironically, the 'old' 44 was established not only as a 'fast' Coast Road bus, but because of the link to NT Hospital for any residents living in the Hazlerigg / Wideopen area who fell under Northumbria NHS rather than Newcastle.
Edited 27 Dec 2023, 4:24 pm by L469 YVK.
L469 YVK
27 Dec 2023, 4:22 pm #992

Not condoning if was meant in the perceieved way........Unless he was making reference to the NT hospital link? Which exactly the 317 does.

Ironically, the 'old' 44 was established not only as a 'fast' Coast Road bus, but because of the link to NT Hospital for any residents living in the Hazlerigg / Wideopen area who fell under Northumbria NHS rather than Newcastle.

Rob44

27 Dec 2023, 4:56 pm #993
(27 Dec 2023, 4:22 pm)L469 YVK Not condoning if was meant in the perceieved way........Unless he was making reference to the NT hospital link? Which exactly the 317 does.

Having used the 44 when i live in the Rigg for 30 years i've never heard this.  Also wasn't the original route the 46 from polwarth drive to Whitley bay then they changed it to the 44 or did they both run at the same time.  I was under the impression it was to duplicate Busways of running " through" town?  it worked until they couldn't keep them to time and less people used the Whitley to Newcastle bit ( not sure why)
Rob44
27 Dec 2023, 4:56 pm #993

(27 Dec 2023, 4:22 pm)L469 YVK Not condoning if was meant in the perceieved way........Unless he was making reference to the NT hospital link? Which exactly the 317 does.

Having used the 44 when i live in the Rigg for 30 years i've never heard this.  Also wasn't the original route the 46 from polwarth drive to Whitley bay then they changed it to the 44 or did they both run at the same time.  I was under the impression it was to duplicate Busways of running " through" town?  it worked until they couldn't keep them to time and less people used the Whitley to Newcastle bit ( not sure why)

Storx

27 Dec 2023, 6:33 pm #994
(27 Dec 2023, 3:52 pm)Dan That’s only because it’s a high PVR and has a long span of day, though.

Aye of course, mind I'm surprised both that and the 19 are both still every 30 minutes on an evening and Sunday. I'm all for increased frequencies but when there's routes like the 351 with no bus service at all in Briardene etc, it seems a bit wrong.

The 19, in particular, shorts always carry fresh air most the time, never mind at night whenever I see them.

It's even more bizarre that the 57A extension randomly still exists so there's actually more capacity between Whitley Bay -> North Shields via North Tyneside Hospital in an evening and Sundays.
Edited 27 Dec 2023, 6:36 pm by Storx.
Storx
27 Dec 2023, 6:33 pm #994

(27 Dec 2023, 3:52 pm)Dan That’s only because it’s a high PVR and has a long span of day, though.

Aye of course, mind I'm surprised both that and the 19 are both still every 30 minutes on an evening and Sunday. I'm all for increased frequencies but when there's routes like the 351 with no bus service at all in Briardene etc, it seems a bit wrong.

The 19, in particular, shorts always carry fresh air most the time, never mind at night whenever I see them.

It's even more bizarre that the 57A extension randomly still exists so there's actually more capacity between Whitley Bay -> North Shields via North Tyneside Hospital in an evening and Sundays.

27 Dec 2023, 7:35 pm #995
Re 317

If they are fully funded nexus secured services surely they should go to as many bus hubs as possible eg Wallsend it goes as a loop and omits Wallsend bus hub surely it would make more sense to force it to go so it would connect with the metro?
DaveFromUpNorth
27 Dec 2023, 7:35 pm #995

Re 317

If they are fully funded nexus secured services surely they should go to as many bus hubs as possible eg Wallsend it goes as a loop and omits Wallsend bus hub surely it would make more sense to force it to go so it would connect with the metro?

Thomas12

27 Dec 2023, 8:13 pm #996
(27 Dec 2023, 7:35 pm)DaveFromUpNorth Re 317

It used to serve the Metro station but Nexus removed it due to passenger requests to serve the Forum apparently.
Thomas12
27 Dec 2023, 8:13 pm #996

(27 Dec 2023, 7:35 pm)DaveFromUpNorth Re 317

It used to serve the Metro station but Nexus removed it due to passenger requests to serve the Forum apparently.

L469 YVK

27 Dec 2023, 10:07 pm #997
(27 Dec 2023, 4:56 pm)Rob44 Having used the 44 when i live in the Rigg for 30 years i've never heard this.  Also wasn't the original route the 46 from polwarth drive to Whitley bay then they changed it to the 44 or did they both run at the same time.  I was under the impression it was to duplicate Busways of running " through" town?  it worked until they couldn't keep them to time and less people used the Whitley to Newcastle bit ( not sure why)
I think by that time, the New York area had an improved offering to Newcastle with the 75 & 309. Plus with timekeeping issues, people would just catch the more frequent 308. Not forgetting that the demise of the 44 also came at the same time as the recession.
L469 YVK
27 Dec 2023, 10:07 pm #997

(27 Dec 2023, 4:56 pm)Rob44 Having used the 44 when i live in the Rigg for 30 years i've never heard this.  Also wasn't the original route the 46 from polwarth drive to Whitley bay then they changed it to the 44 or did they both run at the same time.  I was under the impression it was to duplicate Busways of running " through" town?  it worked until they couldn't keep them to time and less people used the Whitley to Newcastle bit ( not sure why)
I think by that time, the New York area had an improved offering to Newcastle with the 75 & 309. Plus with timekeeping issues, people would just catch the more frequent 308. Not forgetting that the demise of the 44 also came at the same time as the recession.

31 Dec 2023, 10:24 am #998
(23 Dec 2023, 10:05 pm)Storx The 317 is one of the worst subsidies going. I can't remember how much it gets off the top of my head but it's in the millions and that's including Stagecoach taking risk.

How do you know this? I was under the impression that it was a normal contract and Stagecoach were the lowest bidder just like any other...
logidoodah
31 Dec 2023, 10:24 am #998

(23 Dec 2023, 10:05 pm)Storx The 317 is one of the worst subsidies going. I can't remember how much it gets off the top of my head but it's in the millions and that's including Stagecoach taking risk.

How do you know this? I was under the impression that it was a normal contract and Stagecoach were the lowest bidder just like any other...

Rob44

31 Dec 2023, 10:26 am #999
(31 Dec 2023, 10:24 am)logidoodah How do you know this? I was under the impression that it was a normal contract and Stagecoach were the lowest bidder just like any other...

Stagecoach keep the fares dont they?  That why you couldn't use a nexus issued ticket from the ferry on the nexus secured service 317 up to the Metro at N Sheilds/
Rob44
31 Dec 2023, 10:26 am #999

(31 Dec 2023, 10:24 am)logidoodah How do you know this? I was under the impression that it was a normal contract and Stagecoach were the lowest bidder just like any other...

Stagecoach keep the fares dont they?  That why you couldn't use a nexus issued ticket from the ferry on the nexus secured service 317 up to the Metro at N Sheilds/

Storx

31 Dec 2023, 10:44 am #1,000

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/s...ng-2383925 - It's on there.

The codes will have specific words, I believe, these are the meaning of them - not 100% sure on the M but assume it means that:

First Letter
D - De minimis - Directly awarded
M - MEAT (Most Economically Advantageous Tender)? - Awarded through tender

Second Letter
W - Works service - Assume a resource tender
S - (Minimum) Subsidy - The difference between fare revenue and making a profit, they keep fares.
C - (Minimum) Cost - Fixed cost, Nexus gets fares

Just noted it's slightly less than a million but £600k+ a year, give or take plus fares it's quite a lucrative contract.

https://app.croneri.co.uk/topics/tendering/indepth-0 - There's an article explaining all those better.
Edited 31 Dec 2023, 11:02 am by Storx.
Storx
31 Dec 2023, 10:44 am #1,000

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/s...ng-2383925 - It's on there.

The codes will have specific words, I believe, these are the meaning of them - not 100% sure on the M but assume it means that:

First Letter
D - De minimis - Directly awarded
M - MEAT (Most Economically Advantageous Tender)? - Awarded through tender

Second Letter
W - Works service - Assume a resource tender
S - (Minimum) Subsidy - The difference between fare revenue and making a profit, they keep fares.
C - (Minimum) Cost - Fixed cost, Nexus gets fares

Just noted it's slightly less than a million but £600k+ a year, give or take plus fares it's quite a lucrative contract.

https://app.croneri.co.uk/topics/tendering/indepth-0 - There's an article explaining all those better.

Pages (52) Previous 149 50 51 52 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average