Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Apply for zero emission bus funding (ZEBRA 2)

Apply for zero emission bus funding (ZEBRA 2)

Apply for zero emission bus funding (ZEBRA 2)

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 35 Next
17 Jan 2024, 2:33 pm
Any for the Coast Road services?
L469 YVK
17 Jan 2024, 2:33 pm #21

Any for the Coast Road services?

17 Jan 2024, 3:13 pm
(17 Jan 2024, 2:33 pm)L469 YVK Any for the Coast Road services?

No stop it with the coast road mentions. Please I beg you
Aaron21
17 Jan 2024, 3:13 pm #22

(17 Jan 2024, 2:33 pm)L469 YVK Any for the Coast Road services?

No stop it with the coast road mentions. Please I beg you

17 Jan 2024, 5:17 pm
It would be good to see arriva being able to displace some of the detritus they have here.
BusLoverMum
17 Jan 2024, 5:17 pm #23

It would be good to see arriva being able to displace some of the detritus they have here.

17 Jan 2024, 5:26 pm
(17 Jan 2024, 5:17 pm)BusLoverMum It would be good to see arriva being able to displace some of the detritus they have here.

Not sure any of the stuff on the X46/64 will be getting displaced, it'll be a one way trip to the local scrap yard. Mind surprised they've gone for Deckers on the 64, must be doing well post Covid as it never used to be a Decker route (aware of frequency reductions).
Storx
17 Jan 2024, 5:26 pm #24

(17 Jan 2024, 5:17 pm)BusLoverMum It would be good to see arriva being able to displace some of the detritus they have here.

Not sure any of the stuff on the X46/64 will be getting displaced, it'll be a one way trip to the local scrap yard. Mind surprised they've gone for Deckers on the 64, must be doing well post Covid as it never used to be a Decker route (aware of frequency reductions).

17 Jan 2024, 5:27 pm

Arriva won't be applying for anything while the sale process is ongoing. Hopefully the new owners should be aware of the required investment if the sale goes through and will make the moves needed to upgrade the ageing fleets.
Shrek
17 Jan 2024, 5:27 pm #25

Arriva won't be applying for anything while the sale process is ongoing. Hopefully the new owners should be aware of the required investment if the sale goes through and will make the moves needed to upgrade the ageing fleets.

17 Jan 2024, 5:38 pm
(17 Jan 2024, 5:27 pm)Shrek Arriva won't be applying for anything while the sale process is ongoing. Hopefully the new owners should be aware of the required investment if the sale goes through and will make the moves needed to upgrade the ageing fleets.

They literally have applied for this though?

The bid states it will be to replace the B7TLs and E200s currently in use on the routes.
mb134
17 Jan 2024, 5:38 pm #26

(17 Jan 2024, 5:27 pm)Shrek Arriva won't be applying for anything while the sale process is ongoing. Hopefully the new owners should be aware of the required investment if the sale goes through and will make the moves needed to upgrade the ageing fleets.

They literally have applied for this though?

The bid states it will be to replace the B7TLs and E200s currently in use on the routes.

17 Jan 2024, 5:41 pm
(17 Jan 2024, 3:13 pm)Aaron21 No stop it with the coast road mentions. Please I beg you

Well I only asked! Bit different this time around if they had've done as they're in partnership now.

Not forgetting Blyth & Riverside would have at least have the basic infrastructure in place.
L469 YVK
17 Jan 2024, 5:41 pm #27

(17 Jan 2024, 3:13 pm)Aaron21 No stop it with the coast road mentions. Please I beg you

Well I only asked! Bit different this time around if they had've done as they're in partnership now.

Not forgetting Blyth & Riverside would have at least have the basic infrastructure in place.

17 Jan 2024, 6:54 pm
(17 Jan 2024, 5:38 pm)mb134 They literally have applied for this though?

Even better. I'd be glad to see the back of those E200s in particular. They're so cramped and I don't even have long legs.
BusLoverMum
17 Jan 2024, 6:54 pm #28

Even better. I'd be glad to see the back of those E200s in particular. They're so cramped and I don't even have long legs.

17 Jan 2024, 7:34 pm

That is a very good point, I hadn't read the previous post properly. 

I assume they will have agreement with the buying company for investment like this.
Shrek
17 Jan 2024, 7:34 pm #29

That is a very good point, I hadn't read the previous post properly. 

I assume they will have agreement with the buying company for investment like this.

17 Jan 2024, 9:32 pm
Again with just being around Newcastle
Unber43
17 Jan 2024, 9:32 pm #30

Again with just being around Newcastle

17 Jan 2024, 9:33 pm
(17 Jan 2024, 9:32 pm)Unber43 Again with just being around Newcastle

Ah yes, the 48, 64, and X46, all right through the centre of Newcastle.
mb134
17 Jan 2024, 9:33 pm #31

(17 Jan 2024, 9:32 pm)Unber43 Again with just being around Newcastle

Ah yes, the 48, 64, and X46, all right through the centre of Newcastle.

17 Jan 2024, 10:11 pm
(17 Jan 2024, 9:33 pm)mb134 Ah yes, the 48, 64, and X46, all right through the centre of Newcastle.
i did mean GNE, both SC and Arriva have invested out of Newcastle with Sunderland and Durham but what about GNE
Unber43
17 Jan 2024, 10:11 pm #32

(17 Jan 2024, 9:33 pm)mb134 Ah yes, the 48, 64, and X46, all right through the centre of Newcastle.
i did mean GNE, both SC and Arriva have invested out of Newcastle with Sunderland and Durham but what about GNE

17 Jan 2024, 10:35 pm
(17 Jan 2024, 10:11 pm)Unber43 i did mean GNE, both SC and Arriva have invested out of Newcastle with Sunderland and Durham but what about GNE

Imagine it's largely down to Newcastle introducing the CAZ, so they were forced to invest in routes which serve Newcastle ahead of others. 

I obviously don't know the GNE financials, but I would imagine some of their highest revenue routes (which can justify new vehicles) are those which serve the biggest city in the region. Given the nature of the GNE network, many of these routes also pass through Gateshead prior to getting to Newcastle which again is another major place along the route to make money. I think another issue is that with the lack of recent investment in even these routes (the Angel Streetdecks are nearly 7 years old), it means that nothing newer can be cascaded to the rest of the network hence seeing 2006 E400s on routes like the 16 and 58 plate Tridents on the 21. It's the same problem as Arriva have really, just in their case they have a load of single deckers from around 2009 which aren't quite ready for the scrap yard, but when they are they'll pretty much all need replacing at once.
mb134
17 Jan 2024, 10:35 pm #33

(17 Jan 2024, 10:11 pm)Unber43 i did mean GNE, both SC and Arriva have invested out of Newcastle with Sunderland and Durham but what about GNE

Imagine it's largely down to Newcastle introducing the CAZ, so they were forced to invest in routes which serve Newcastle ahead of others. 

I obviously don't know the GNE financials, but I would imagine some of their highest revenue routes (which can justify new vehicles) are those which serve the biggest city in the region. Given the nature of the GNE network, many of these routes also pass through Gateshead prior to getting to Newcastle which again is another major place along the route to make money. I think another issue is that with the lack of recent investment in even these routes (the Angel Streetdecks are nearly 7 years old), it means that nothing newer can be cascaded to the rest of the network hence seeing 2006 E400s on routes like the 16 and 58 plate Tridents on the 21. It's the same problem as Arriva have really, just in their case they have a load of single deckers from around 2009 which aren't quite ready for the scrap yard, but when they are they'll pretty much all need replacing at once.

17 Jan 2024, 10:58 pm
(17 Jan 2024, 10:35 pm)mb134 Imagine it's largely down to Newcastle introducing the CAZ, so they were forced to invest in routes which serve Newcastle ahead of others. 

In fairness, I'm surprised Deptford (maybe technical I don't know?) isn't sustainable for some form of electric buses.

The 2/2A, 56 and 60 seem the sort of routes which would be ideal for it and would benefit many different areas and even Newcastle if the 56 was chosen. Seem more beneficial than the X66 which people are on for 10 minutes max.

All 3 routes are pretty much crying out for investment aswell really with those buses displaced to see off Versa's etc.
Storx
17 Jan 2024, 10:58 pm #34

(17 Jan 2024, 10:35 pm)mb134 Imagine it's largely down to Newcastle introducing the CAZ, so they were forced to invest in routes which serve Newcastle ahead of others. 

In fairness, I'm surprised Deptford (maybe technical I don't know?) isn't sustainable for some form of electric buses.

The 2/2A, 56 and 60 seem the sort of routes which would be ideal for it and would benefit many different areas and even Newcastle if the 56 was chosen. Seem more beneficial than the X66 which people are on for 10 minutes max.

All 3 routes are pretty much crying out for investment aswell really with those buses displaced to see off Versa's etc.

18 Jan 2024, 12:04 am
(17 Jan 2024, 5:26 pm)Storx Not sure any of the stuff on the X46/64 will be getting displaced, it'll be a one way trip to the local scrap yard. Mind surprised they've gone for Deckers on the 64, must be doing well post Covid as it never used to be a Decker route (aware of frequency reductions).

64 has always been an odd one, whilst there's been some intended allocation of single deckers over the years: Prestige - Darts - E200, its also been a case of odds and ends, double deckers certainly ain't no strangers to the 64, think there's been points some boards were intended to be double deck allocated for school time loadings, it also gets absolutely rammed with New College students which has likely only been made worse since the frequency reduction ans aside from a small number of 6 journeys and the hourly Newcastle X12 journeys, its now the only Arriva service up to Fram (7 no longer runs to Fram at peak times and GCT now have the contracted 62 service).

Be interesting to see if the fact its a bid for specific means they will ACTUALLY only keep the buses on the specified routes or will it just continue to be a roulette in reality.
Jimmi
18 Jan 2024, 12:04 am #35

(17 Jan 2024, 5:26 pm)Storx Not sure any of the stuff on the X46/64 will be getting displaced, it'll be a one way trip to the local scrap yard. Mind surprised they've gone for Deckers on the 64, must be doing well post Covid as it never used to be a Decker route (aware of frequency reductions).

64 has always been an odd one, whilst there's been some intended allocation of single deckers over the years: Prestige - Darts - E200, its also been a case of odds and ends, double deckers certainly ain't no strangers to the 64, think there's been points some boards were intended to be double deck allocated for school time loadings, it also gets absolutely rammed with New College students which has likely only been made worse since the frequency reduction ans aside from a small number of 6 journeys and the hourly Newcastle X12 journeys, its now the only Arriva service up to Fram (7 no longer runs to Fram at peak times and GCT now have the contracted 62 service).

Be interesting to see if the fact its a bid for specific means they will ACTUALLY only keep the buses on the specified routes or will it just continue to be a roulette in reality.

18 Jan 2024, 12:38 am
(17 Jan 2024, 10:58 pm)Storx In fairness, I'm surprised Deptford (maybe technical I don't know?) isn't sustainable for some form of electric buses.

Deptford depot ATM is the black sheep of the company  just like percy main was years ago in relation to the aging fleet.

I may be cynical but it is good in business terms that Deptford currently gets the mid term "older buses" 

We are only looking 15-20 years ago that Deptford had a massive investment of brand new buses to the area...   it is other depot terms 

Deptford Consett and Washington (and an odd couple of routes at Percy Main) are the main routes that do not have to be euro6 compliant aka able to drive in Gateshead/NEWCASTLE 

With this in mind older fleet is better re-purposed with the least restrictions. 

41/41a has some of the worst buses in the fleet operating on the route as well as collectively the North Tyneside schools and works services 

Look back to Covid 19 bus depots were closed and used as storage and every bus that was the best value for money aka cost per mile in fuel and operating costs was used to provide a service everything else was SORN 

There is also another aspect to consider if a service route which I think (Seaham 60 service and Murton) are prone to random smashed windows which buses are cheaper to replace in terms of windows?

Just remember when the Quayside buses before Electric (yellow and black livery) were displaced to 41 41a and Percy Main when the Electric buses came in but they didn't stay for long.and were moved on. 

X66 funding I am actually in favour for - it's an express route but means It could be interworked or extended in the future 

What says in the future the X66 does not operate Gateshead -  metrocentre  a (x100 ) (new fictional service) Metrocentre to Eldon Square (DIrect) 

After all from 1st Jan 2024 GNE will not accept Stagecoach tickets on their services (a gentlemen agreement during covid) 

Two express routes will also improve reliability (your next service 10 is terminating at Metrocentre jump on this X100 to metrocentre where the bus will meet you) 

Improving X66 gives flexibility to displace onto other services or let it interwork
DaveFromUpNorth
18 Jan 2024, 12:38 am #36

(17 Jan 2024, 10:58 pm)Storx In fairness, I'm surprised Deptford (maybe technical I don't know?) isn't sustainable for some form of electric buses.

Deptford depot ATM is the black sheep of the company  just like percy main was years ago in relation to the aging fleet.

I may be cynical but it is good in business terms that Deptford currently gets the mid term "older buses" 

We are only looking 15-20 years ago that Deptford had a massive investment of brand new buses to the area...   it is other depot terms 

Deptford Consett and Washington (and an odd couple of routes at Percy Main) are the main routes that do not have to be euro6 compliant aka able to drive in Gateshead/NEWCASTLE 

With this in mind older fleet is better re-purposed with the least restrictions. 

41/41a has some of the worst buses in the fleet operating on the route as well as collectively the North Tyneside schools and works services 

Look back to Covid 19 bus depots were closed and used as storage and every bus that was the best value for money aka cost per mile in fuel and operating costs was used to provide a service everything else was SORN 

There is also another aspect to consider if a service route which I think (Seaham 60 service and Murton) are prone to random smashed windows which buses are cheaper to replace in terms of windows?

Just remember when the Quayside buses before Electric (yellow and black livery) were displaced to 41 41a and Percy Main when the Electric buses came in but they didn't stay for long.and were moved on. 

X66 funding I am actually in favour for - it's an express route but means It could be interworked or extended in the future 

What says in the future the X66 does not operate Gateshead -  metrocentre  a (x100 ) (new fictional service) Metrocentre to Eldon Square (DIrect) 

After all from 1st Jan 2024 GNE will not accept Stagecoach tickets on their services (a gentlemen agreement during covid) 

Two express routes will also improve reliability (your next service 10 is terminating at Metrocentre jump on this X100 to metrocentre where the bus will meet you) 

Improving X66 gives flexibility to displace onto other services or let it interwork

18 Jan 2024, 3:59 pm
(18 Jan 2024, 12:38 am)DaveFromUpNorth Deptford depot ATM is the black sheep of the company  just like percy main was years ago in relation to the aging fleet.

Aye some fair points but guess it depends if Deptford actually then gets the investment it eventually needs. The way it's going on it's as if they're setting it up for sold. Minimum investment etc, basically what DB has done with Arriva.

Not sure they'll do an express from the Metrocentre to Newcastle though as it'll just duplicate their own services, might aswell just have the punters on those instead. Even known running it via Scotswood Road would be massively helpful when the impending bridge works come in but that's too sensible.
Storx
18 Jan 2024, 3:59 pm #37

(18 Jan 2024, 12:38 am)DaveFromUpNorth Deptford depot ATM is the black sheep of the company  just like percy main was years ago in relation to the aging fleet.

Aye some fair points but guess it depends if Deptford actually then gets the investment it eventually needs. The way it's going on it's as if they're setting it up for sold. Minimum investment etc, basically what DB has done with Arriva.

Not sure they'll do an express from the Metrocentre to Newcastle though as it'll just duplicate their own services, might aswell just have the punters on those instead. Even known running it via Scotswood Road would be massively helpful when the impending bridge works come in but that's too sensible.

18 Jan 2024, 6:41 pm
I do think an express from Gateshead to Newcastle and Metro to Newcastle and termiante everything at Gateshead/Metro, but then whats the point of all the bus stations and bus stops, but the buses would have to be every 5 mins during the day atleast
Unber43
18 Jan 2024, 6:41 pm #38

I do think an express from Gateshead to Newcastle and Metro to Newcastle and termiante everything at Gateshead/Metro, but then whats the point of all the bus stations and bus stops, but the buses would have to be every 5 mins during the day atleast

23 Jan 2024, 10:58 pm
Just curious, has anyone heard about what the Tees Valley bid is for?

Assuming by some of the Arriva reallocations recently that Darlington and Redcar are likely going to be involved in some way?
Storx
23 Jan 2024, 10:58 pm #39

Just curious, has anyone heard about what the Tees Valley bid is for?

Assuming by some of the Arriva reallocations recently that Darlington and Redcar are likely going to be involved in some way?

25 Jan 2024, 2:10 pm
Looks like the Stagecoach element includes a Park and Ride and buses for the 30/31/36 https://twitter.com/skmpub/status/175050...ZPASjax3HQ&s=19
DeltaMan
25 Jan 2024, 2:10 pm #40

Looks like the Stagecoach element includes a Park and Ride and buses for the 30/31/36 https://twitter.com/skmpub/status/175050...ZPASjax3HQ&s=19

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 35 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 109
Views 25933
21 Apr 2022, 12:00 pm
Last Post by Jack Gill
Replies 28
Views 4670
21 Jan 2022, 1:27 pm
Last Post by Storx