You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Redcar depot
Few issues seen today with the ex Stockton pulsar lots of the displays not fully working. And cardboard displays were in use

1423 was displaying caution
(22 Jan 2024, 6:53 pm)Ryland wrote Only one bus today on the 81

Yep. When they're low on buses or drivers they should prioritise the Hourly Routes but they don't. It's the same with the X2/X3. And then there's a 63 every 10 minutes but today I think there were only 7-9 on the 63 when there is normally 11. Tbf nothing will get done about it until the public start complaining to the council. But as a whole they need to prioritse hourly services over anything else. Won't be the last time it happens. Also another thing they've been doing is not servicing the last services on some routes which is soo damaging to people as they have to spend fortunes on taxi's to get home. Just crazy on how many of their fleet is off the road too.
(22 Jan 2024, 7:20 pm)Mike_98 wrote Yep. When they're low on buses or drivers they should prioritise the Hourly Routes but they don't. It's the same with the X2/X3. And then there's a 63 every 10 minutes but today I think there were only 7-9 on the 63 when there is normally 11. Tbf nothing will get done about it until the public start complaining to the council. But as a whole they need to prioritse hourly services over anything else. Won't be the last time it happens. Also another thing they've been doing is not servicing the last services on some routes which is soo damaging to people as they have to spend fortunes on taxi's to get home. Just crazy on how many of their fleet is off the road too.

I'm thankful I drive but whenever my car in the garage I have no way of getting to stokesley other than. About a million bus changes or a taxi
How can they continually be short of buses? They've recently had some transfer from the north west. It's winter timetable for the X93 which means a lower PVR. What's going on?
(24 Jan 2024, 9:21 am)tvd wrote How can they continually be short of buses?  They've recently had some transfer from the north west.  It's winter timetable for the X93 which means a lower PVR.  What's going on?

ITS  the 2 alx400 what are the big issue 7424 26
(24 Jan 2024, 9:21 am)tvd wrote How can they continually be short of buses?  They've recently had some transfer from the north west.  It's winter timetable for the X93 which means a lower PVR.  What's going on?
Redcar have a lot off the road at the moment. The transfers from the North West weren’t meant to be for Redcar but instead Darlington but Redcar currently have 2 of the Transferred vehicles. In addition. If 4705 is/has been withdrawn there going to need a replacement for that too. The X93 Fleet is going alright but 7404 is still off the road along with 7401 which seems unlikely to return with all the drama which is going on with it. 7405 is on the 62 and has been recently so That might be going back on the X93 again soon which normally what they do is put the decker on the 62 for a few days to see if it runs good then gets sent on the X93. Currently though DB300 7609, ALX 400 7425 and Pulsar 1423 are filling in for the X93. Note that they normally switch up the pulsar on a daily basis with whatever ends up at Whitby from the previous day being on the X4. Despite the PVR being lower it’s been a bad winter this year with breakdowns.
(24 Jan 2024, 11:47 am)Mike_98 wrote Redcar have a lot off the road at the moment. The transfers from the North West weren’t meant to be for Redcar but instead Darlington but Redcar currently have 2 of the Transferred vehicles. In addition. If 4705 is/has been withdrawn there going to need a replacement for that too. The X93 Fleet is going alright but 7404 is still off the road along with 7401 which seems unlikely to return with all the drama which is going on with it. 7405 is on the 62 and has been recently so That might be going back on the X93 again soon which normally what they do is put the decker on the 62 for a few days to see if it runs good then gets sent on the X93. Currently though DB300 7609, ALX 400 7425 and Pulsar 1423 are filling in for the X93. Note that they normally switch up the pulsar on a daily basis with whatever ends up at Whitby from the previous day being on the X4. Despite the PVR being lower it’s been a bad winter this year with breakdowns.

A post of Facebook suggest 1355 isn't coming back on the road any time soon. 
There must be a reserve bus somewhere to fill in for 4705
Redcar depot
(25 Jan 2024, 7:02 pm)Ryland wrote A post of Facebook suggest 1355 isn't coming back on the road any time soon. 

Don’t think 1355 will see the road again… 1351’s test runs out in a few weeks so will that one return? Guess they were offered and they were a great gap filler but I gather they’re pretty rotten underneath…! Wonder how many more will actually make it into service if they’re all in the same condition?!

May need to look for more vehicles to fill in for the summer season?! Trouble is other divisions only get rid of what they want to bin…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(25 Jan 2024, 7:02 pm)Ryland wrote A post of Facebook suggest 1355 isn't coming back on the road any time soon. 

Seems about right. Dunno why they would transfer them here in the first place to be honest. Should have sent some Old Pulsar 1's in my opinion or maybe some spare 09 Pulsar 2's if there was any in the region. With 4705 god knows. But they need a good replacement for that.

(25 Jan 2024, 7:18 pm)tyresmoke wrote Don’t think 1355 will see the road again… 1351’s test runs out in a few weeks so will that one return? Guess they were offered and they were a great gap filler but I gather they’re pretty rotten underneath…! Wonder how many more will actually make it into service if they’re all in the same condition?!

May need to look for more vehicles to fill in for the summer season?! Trouble is other divisions only get rid of what they want to bin…

Theres such an easy way Arriva can solve the X93/94 Summer crisis from happening again in my opinion. 7511, 7512 and 7523 from Durham to Blyth for 7607, 7608 and 7611 and then swap 7607, 7608 and 7611 for Redcar's 7424, 7425 and 7426. That way Durham has all ALX's in the area (Just like how Redcar have all the Temsas for mechanical reasons) and Redcar gets more Gemini 2's needed for the summer. Also probs swap 2 Pulsars for 2 400MMC's aswell just incase major problems arise. Thats the way I would personally solve it.
(25 Jan 2024, 7:38 pm)Mike_98 wrote Seems about right. Dunno why they would transfer them here in the first place to be honest. Should have sent some Old Pulsar 1's in my opinion or maybe some spare 09 Pulsar 2's if there was any in the region. With 4705 god knows. But they need a good replacement for that.

Theres such an easy way Arriva can solve the X93/94 Summer crisis from happening again in my opinion. 7511, 7512 and 7523 from Durham to Blyth for 7607, 7608 and 7611 and then swap 7607, 7608 and 7611 for Redcar's 7424, 7425 and 7426. That way Durham has all ALX's in the area (Just like how Redcar have all the Temsas for mechanical reasons) and Redcar gets more Gemini 2's needed for the summer. Also probs swap 2 Pulsars for 2 400MMC's aswell just incase major problems arise. Thats the way I would personally solve it.

To be fair that wouldn't fix anything, it would just push the problem up here instead.

It shouldn't be Blyth's and Durham's job to bail out the mess at Redcar and break more buses.

Any problems should be pushed down to Arriva Yorkshire rather than Arriva Northumbria, they've been doing the maintence (or lack of it) anyway.
(25 Jan 2024, 8:13 pm)Storx wrote To be fair that wouldn't fix anything, it would just push the problem up here instead.

It shouldn't be Blyth's and Durham's job to bail out the mess at Redcar and break more buses.

Any problems should be pushed down to Arriva Yorkshire rather than Arriva Northumbria, they've been doing the maintence (or lack of it) anyway.

Absolutely, robbing Peter to pay Paul is not the answer.

Stockton loses a pulsar this weekend i herd 1420
(25 Jan 2024, 8:13 pm)Storx wrote To be fair that wouldn't fix anything, it would just push the problem up here instead.

Durham know how to maintain the ALX's well and don't have them on challenging routes like Redcars X93 so they wouldn't have to deal with that problem. Also Blyth would benefit with some E400's. The DB300's that redcar have already, have proven they're reliable. Also got to look at it from a passenger point of view. Giving Redcar them reliable Double deckers will allow more people on the service compared to a Pulsar so Arriva will make more money from having more passengers. The X94 Last Summer had mainly Lites on it and was always rammed full which wasn't good for passengers needing the service. Also got to remember that the X93 for some people is their only service so they need to get to work or places they need to be.

Also Note thats this doesn't need to be permanent but could be just a summer loan swap idea

From what I've heard it won't be Blyth or Durham, but the depot with hourly express routes into Northumberland that will be taking the hit because Redcar are incapable of looking after vehicles.
(25 Jan 2024, 11:03 pm)Mike_98 wrote Durham know how to maintain the ALX's well and don't have them on challenging routes like Redcars X93 so they wouldn't have to deal with that problem. Also Blyth would benefit with some E400's. The DB300's that redcar have already, have proven they're reliable. Also got to look at it from a passenger point of view. Giving Redcar them reliable Double deckers will allow more people on the service compared to a Pulsar so Arriva will make more money from having more passengers. The X94 Last Summer had mainly Lites on it and was always rammed full which wasn't good for passengers needing the service. Also got to remember that the X93 for some people is their only service so they need to get to work or places they need to be.

Also Note thats this doesn't need to be permanent but could be just a summer loan swap idea

The problem is we suffer badly when we have the Enviro 400's as they're unreliable and the express routes aren't the easiest routes around unlike the 64 which they're on now. Once we start loosing Decker's up here, we end up with the same problems with Pulsars on inappropiate routes and I wouldn't be surprised if the routes up here make more money than the X93, especially the X10/X11.

Most of Durham's ALX400's are VOR as far as I'm aware currently.

(25 Jan 2024, 11:31 pm)mb134 wrote From what I've heard it won't be Blyth or Durham, but the depot with hourly express routes into Northumberland that will be taking the hit because Redcar are incapable of looking after vehicles.

Not surprised one bit, just ridiculous. Especially when the likes of the X15/X18 could easily be as much as a money spinner if advertised well. Also, I know you have your feeling about the rail line but I'm really not sure it's the best idea to have a new railway line running and the X21/X22 are running around with a pile of crap again either.

Seems very short sighted for the X93 again.
(26 Jan 2024, 12:40 am)Storx wrote The problem is we suffer badly when we have the Enviro 400's as they're unreliable and the express routes aren't the easiest routes around unlike the 64 which they're on now. Once we start loosing Decker's up here, we end up with the same problems with Pulsars on inappropiate routes and I wouldn't be surprised if the routes up here make more money than the X93, especially the X10/X11.

God knows. I still don't understand why Redcar got the 3 ALX's in the first place. Made no sense in terms of decent reliability, especially when put on a route like the X93. Fair enough if they were got for the 62 but they were got for the X93. I wonder what will happen in the summer. Probably be another vehicles swap for the 400 MMC's again. They did great last summer.
(25 Jan 2024, 11:31 pm)mb134 wrote From what I've heard it won't be Blyth or Durham, but the depot with hourly express routes into Northumberland that will be taking the hit because Redcar are incapable of looking after vehicle

blithe or Ashington maintaince is no better 

(26 Jan 2024, 12:40 am)Storx wrote The problem is we suffer badly when we have the Enviro 400's as they're unreliable and the express routes aren't the easiest routes around unlike the 64 which they're on now. Once we start loosing Decker's up here, we end up with the same problems with Pulsars on inappropiate routes and I wouldn't be surprised if the routes up here make more money than the X93, especially the X10/X11.

Not surprised one bit, just ridiculous. Especially when the likes of the X15/X18 could easily be as much as a money spinner if advertised well. Also, I know you have your feeling about the rail line but I'm really not sure it's the best idea to have a new railway line running and the X21/X22 are running around with a pile of crap again either.

in correct the x93 is the biggest money maker in the north east in the summer and winter

in correct the x93 is the biggest money maker in the north east in the summer and winter
Redcar depot
(26 Jan 2024, 3:30 am)Mike_98 wrote God knows. I still don't understand why Redcar got the 3 ALX's in the first place. Made no sense in terms of decent reliability, especially when put on a route like the X93. Fair enough if they were got for the 62 but they were got for the X93. I wonder what will happen in the summer. Probably be another vehicles swap for the 400 MMC's again. They did great last summer.

To be fair asking 19 year old deckers to blast across the moors all day every day is always going to end in tears. B7s are great motors but at that age the X93/4 is not where they should be running (& equally the same for the X46…).

Let’s hope they have a plan for some newer vehicles to be brought in. Stealing from Northumberland every summer won’t help with loads up there!

(26 Jan 2024, 9:54 pm)tyresmoke wrote To be fair asking 19 year old deckers to blast across the moors all day every day is always going to end in tears. B7s are great motors but at that age the X93/4 is not where they should be running (& equally the same for the X46…).

Let’s hope they have a plan for some newer vehicles to be brought in. Stealing from Northumberland every summer won’t help with loads up there!

Hopefully, still got a while till April when the tax year hits. So maybe the new investors can sort the mess out when that hits.

Also checked bus times earlier and there's a lot of duplicate tracking's.

1429 was tracking on 3 buses
4720 was tracking on 2 buses
7406 was tracking on the 63 which won't be right because of the bridges.

However we do know that 1428 NK09 EKD was working for Redcar today. How many Pulsars will Redcar go through XD
Redcar depot
(26 Jan 2024, 10:05 pm)Mike_98 wrote Hopefully, still got a while till April when the tax year hits. So maybe the new investors can sort the mess out when that hits.

Also checked bus times earlier and there's a lot of duplicate tracking's.

1429 was tracking on 3 buses
4720 was tracking on 2 buses
7406 was tracking on the 63 which won't be right because of the bridges.

However we do know that 1428 NK09 EKD was working for Redcar today. How many Pulsars will Redcar go through XD

1429 was on 62s, the one on X3s was 1428, the 63 was 1490. 7406 this evening on 63s is a Frequenta Pulsar which I think is 1439.

(26 Jan 2024, 10:24 pm)tyresmoke wrote 1429 was on 62s, the one on X3s was 1428, the 63 was 1490. 7406 this evening on 63s is a Frequenta Pulsar which I think is 1439.

Won't be long until Redcar break them too. On a serious, I swear Redcar are just unlucky with breakdowns.
(26 Jan 2024, 9:54 pm)tyresmoke wrote To be fair asking 19 year old deckers to blast across the moors all day every day is always going to end in tears. B7s are great motors but at that age the X93/4 is not where they should be running (& equally the same for the X46…).

I just think it's bonkers that there's currently 10 16 Plate Streetdeck's sitting around in London collecting dust right now and have been since around September with no use for them since they're such a microfleet.

Complete waste, could easily be the solution for this mess, by converting them to single door, sending them to Yorkshire to join their batch down there and them sending some Enviro's up here, even if it's a temporary solution.

@megan, I'd be very surprised if it's the biggest money maker (assuming with Arriva). I'd say with fair confidence that the Stagecoach 39/40 are the most profitable route in the North East.
(26 Jan 2024, 11:20 pm)Storx wrote I just think it's bonkers that there's currently 10 16 Plate Streetdeck's sitting around in London collecting dust right now and have been since around September with no use for them since they're such a microfleet.

Complete waste, could easily be the solution for this mess, by converting them to single door, sending them to Yorkshire to join their batch down there and them sending some Enviro's up here, even if it's a temporary solution.

@megan, I'd be very surprised if it's the biggest money maker (assuming with Arriva). I'd say with fair confidence that the Stagecoach 39/40 are the most profitable route in the North East.

I'm not sure about that claim. Think it's pretty much neck and neck between the 39/40 and 62/63. Though that may have changed with the last changes. 

One thing for sure, the 39/40 are the most frequent routes in the North East between Welbeck Rd / Titan Road and Lemington Road Ends.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.