You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Anything and Everything
(09 Feb 2014, 9:23 pm)andreos1 wrote He might have been the only one saying it on fb, but I will put money on in fozz's bookies, that he isn't the only one ( all be it, he may be in the minority) who thinks that about the people who keep him in a job.

I wouldn't be anything like that but I hate lazy people. You know the ones who ask what time such and such bus comes when they can quite easily look at a timetable and find out for themselves.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(09 Feb 2014, 9:23 pm)andreos1 wrote He might have been the only one saying it on fb, but I will put money on in fozz's bookies, that he isn't the only one ( all be it, he may be in the minority) who thinks that about the people who keep him in a job.

Yep. I don't necessarily blame him either. It was only the other day that I was saying that driving staff morale is a huge issue in the bus industry. The UK as a whole - not just Go North East. I've worked a short stint in the Civil Service, and not even the morale there is as bad as I perceive it to be in the bus industry. The operators really need to get their heads together on this one, and see exactly where the problems lie. Stagecoach potentially going into dispute with their workforce isn't going to help matters either like...

I had a mate who drove for GNE for a short while, and he ended up having to get out and do something completely different. It was the second company that he had driven for, and couldn't take the constant bitching and 'talking shop'. Always told me that the job is as hard as you make it, and unfortunately some people made it too hard for themselves.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(09 Feb 2014, 9:25 pm)tyresmoke wrote I wouldn't be anything like that but I hate lazy people. You know the ones who ask what time such and such bus comes when they can quite easily look at a timetable and find out for themselves.

We all have that in whatever industry we work in mate. I hate the fact people ask me the same question over and over because they don't have the confidence of making a decision for themselves. Just have to really bite my tongue sometimes and remain professional. You know how it is. Smile
I know we live in a different age now and the following suggestion wouldn't be deemed cost-effective in today's market but would bringing back conductors (at peak times - say between 07:30 and 17:30) make a difference to employee morale?

That way, the bus driver and get on with his or her job (driving the bus!) and the conductor can sort out any other customer-related issues that may arise.
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Anything and Everything
(09 Feb 2014, 9:25 pm)tyresmoke wrote I wouldn't be anything like that but I hate lazy people. You know the ones who ask what time such and such bus comes when they can quite easily look at a timetable and find out for themselves.

I tend to do that sometimes, ask a driver what time a bus comes, I struggle to read a timetable up close, and being long sighted means I have stand many metres from a bus stop to read as I hate having to wear glasses, so if I aint at a stop where theres a board on display, I will ask a driver...

One that used to make me laugh, people would ask a driver the time of a bus and be upset when the driver did not know...They could not understand why a bus driver would not the time of other companies buses i.e. a GNE driver being asked for Arriva or Stagecoach times
RE: Go North East Service Suggestions
(12 Feb 2014, 10:01 pm)Tom wrote Have some photo time in Chester then.

Pitch Black on Monday Night, And my Camera simply doesn't like Nightshots, Plus I was with a few Work Colleagues, Wouldn't want them taking the mick out me, When I am supposed be the "New Eye Candy", don't want to go and ruin my Reputation do I, Plus I work with a few people I went to College with, and a few of Mates Brothers/Sisters also, Best keeping it Secret Haha.
(12 Feb 2014, 10:17 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Pitch Black on Monday Night, And my Camera simply doesn't like Nightshots, Plus I was with a few Work Colleagues, Wouldn't want them taking the mick out me, When I am supposed be the "New Eye Candy", don't want to go and ruin my Reputation do I, Plus I work with a few people I went to College with, and a few of Mates Brothers/Sisters also, Best keeping it Secret Haha.

Told you man, the company issue 0800 repair bike complete with giant screwdriver is the future.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(12 Feb 2014, 10:24 pm)andreos1 wrote Told you man, the company issue 0800 repair bike complete with giant screwdriver is the future.

No they Don't, But there is some Top Notch Totti which is Even Better as I believe you mentioned the other day Androes1.
(12 Feb 2014, 10:26 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote No they Don't, But there is some Top Notch Totti which is Even Better as I believe you mentioned the other day Androes1.

I often drive that way between 5 and 5.30 and notice them.
There's a brunette who gets the 8 most nights that has caught my attention
(12 Feb 2014, 10:32 pm)andreos1 wrote I often drive that way between 5 and 5.30 and notice them.
There's a brunette who gets the 8 most nights that has caught my attention

You'll have be more Specific, but I think I know your on about, as there is Certain Lass there with Blackish/Browny Hair and she is Unbelievable, she certainly caught my Eye like, which my Supervisor has picked up on haha, I keep asking to do my Training on the Systems with her, Is her Hair always Down and Curled, Just out of Curiosity
(12 Feb 2014, 10:38 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote You'll have be more Specific, but I think I know your on about, as there is Certain Lass there with Blackish/Browny Hair and she is Unbelievable, she certainly caught my Eye like, which my Supervisor has picked up on haha, I keep asking to do my Training on the Systems with her, Is her Hair always Down and Curled, Just out of Curiosity

shoulder length, fringe is pinned back, always wears fitted trousers (traffic jams on Picktree Lane has its perks).

#pervingonNEB
(12 Feb 2014, 10:43 pm)andreos1 wrote shoulder length, fringe is pinned back, always wears fitted trousers (traffic jams on Picktree Lane has its perks).

#pervingonNEB

No idea who your on about haha, but there is a few others who are Decent like, But the one i'm on about is Top of the List like by far like. To be honest think you might on about my Supervisor, who alright I guess looks wise.
(12 Feb 2014, 10:51 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote No idea who your on about haha, but there is a few others who are Decent like, But the one i'm on about is Top of the List like by far like. To be honest think you might on about my Supervisor, who alright I guess looks wise.

well if I drive past the bus depot and see a young lad with one eye on his work colleagues and another on the arrivals into the depot - I will let you know on here who you were standing next to
(12 Feb 2014, 10:55 pm)andreos1 wrote well if I drive past the bus depot and see a young lad with one eye on his work colleagues and another on the arrivals into the depot - I will let you know on here who you were standing next to

Keep look out for a Navy Blue Jacket with White Zips and Ginger Hair, i'll be with a Blond Lass with Big Knockers as she gets the same Bus as me, The lass I like has been working later than me so far this week, Believe she is on 10-6's, whereas i'm on 9-5's.
Adam dear boy... There's a reason there are pubs next to bus stops! No rushing
Re: Anything and Everything
Following on from conversation last night in the Go North East Service Suggestions thread, I think Adam should tell us who the hot blonde was that he got on the 50 with.

I take it that was Adam getting on at the depot and off at Lambton! :p
Site Administrator
(13 Feb 2014, 4:07 pm)Michael wrote Its happened... my old senior school got a inadequate by Ofsted

Looks like the teachers still don't give a toss about teaching you...

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/educa...-1-6434130

Glad I didn't wind up there like all me mates from primary did. Don't talk to half of them now just because of how they present themselves.

I've seen a few comments on Facebook from my mates that go to Sandhill and they all think it's hilarious.
(13 Feb 2014, 5:25 pm)Dan wrote Glad I didn't wind up there like all me mates from primary did. Don't talk to half of them now just because of how they present themselves.

I've seen a few comments on Facebook from my mates that go to Sandhill and they all think it's hilarious.

Can see why... terrible school, most of the staff didnt care
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(13 Feb 2014, 5:27 pm)Michael wrote Can see why... terrible school, most of the staff didnt care

Don't think I could cope after being in my school.

On the subject of teachers caring - that lovely French teacher of mine (who you're all now accustomed to) said I can do my Controlled Assessment after half term, but told me she had to change a bullet point (question she is going to ask that i had already prepared) because I would have had 'too much' preparation time.

She's changed it to something we haven't done! Can't help but feel she's done it to spite me.
Can anyone tell me if this is any good? Tongue

J'aime creps parce que c'est délicieux. J'aime le chocolat chaud, parce que c'est très doux. (Is this the word for ''sweet'') Tongue

Je déteste le poisson parce que c'est dégoûtant. Je déteste Je jus d'orange parce que c'est horrible.

Mon plat préféré est la pizza au salami avec des frites parce que c'est savourex. Mon dessert préféré est la tarte aux pommes, car il est délicieux.

Le matin au petit déjeuner je mange des croissants pour le déjeuner. J'ai bu quête de chocolat chaud parce que c'est savoureux!

Week-end prochain je vais manger à Sambuca parce qu'il a de la bonne nourriture. Le restaurant est italien. Je vais manger de la pizza ou des pâtes.

Aiming for a L5B but probably won't get it. Thanks in advance Tongue
Bought the Lass at I like at Work a Card and Bar of Chocolate, Made her Day - Reckon i'm in there, It developed quite a lot of Banter at Work as well, as I was the only to give Someone something Face2Face, a few others had Flowers Delivered, but other than that, Nobody got anything.
(14 Feb 2014, 6:45 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Bought the Lass at I like at Work a Card and Bar of Chocolate, Made her Day - Reckon i'm in there, It developed quite a lot of Banter at Work as well, as I was the only to give Someone something Face2Face, a few others had Flowers Delivered, but other than that, Nobody got anything.

So is this the lass you got on the bus home with or the brunette?
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions
(14 Feb 2014, 6:45 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Bought the Lass at I like at Work a Card and Bar of Chocolate, Made her Day - Reckon i'm in there, It developed quite a lot of Banter at Work as well, as I was the only to give Someone something Face2Face, a few others had Flowers Delivered, but other than that, Nobody got anything.

You old Romantic Mr Malarkey