Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East Latest News

Stagecoach North East Latest News

Stagecoach North East Latest News

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (132) Previous 1130 131 132 Next
Storx

25 Apr 2024, 6:48 am #2,601
(24 Apr 2024, 11:28 pm)Rapidsnap I had a little play around. If Stagecoach had money to burn and wish to rebuild Hartlepool depot, I would purchase the spare land and build new depot and offices on that (highlighted with yellow for engineering area, and red for offices, with staff parking in the orange area.) I would put a new entrance / exit onto Usworth Road (purple box) which is a quieter road for vehicles to leave the depot and to avoid conflict with traffic with the nearby Aldi. I would also close up the old exit at the North End of the depot. The fuelling and wash area would be moved over to the East side of the depot next to Brenda Road (blue box), whilst space left  from demolition of old buildings and old fuel / wash area would be used for bus parking with vehicles parked in a straight line like at other depots and also parking bays at the North End of the depot for vehicles that are long term off road or awaiting repair.

Tbh long term I wouldn't be surprised if they rebuilt Stockton instead and turn Hartlepool into an outstation at the same time

The place looks like it's ready to fall down. Wouldn't be difficult to do as you could just swap over buses at Middlesbrough on the 1/36
Edited 25 Apr 2024, 6:49 am by Storx.
Storx
25 Apr 2024, 6:48 am #2,601

(24 Apr 2024, 11:28 pm)Rapidsnap I had a little play around. If Stagecoach had money to burn and wish to rebuild Hartlepool depot, I would purchase the spare land and build new depot and offices on that (highlighted with yellow for engineering area, and red for offices, with staff parking in the orange area.) I would put a new entrance / exit onto Usworth Road (purple box) which is a quieter road for vehicles to leave the depot and to avoid conflict with traffic with the nearby Aldi. I would also close up the old exit at the North End of the depot. The fuelling and wash area would be moved over to the East side of the depot next to Brenda Road (blue box), whilst space left  from demolition of old buildings and old fuel / wash area would be used for bus parking with vehicles parked in a straight line like at other depots and also parking bays at the North End of the depot for vehicles that are long term off road or awaiting repair.

Tbh long term I wouldn't be surprised if they rebuilt Stockton instead and turn Hartlepool into an outstation at the same time

The place looks like it's ready to fall down. Wouldn't be difficult to do as you could just swap over buses at Middlesbrough on the 1/36

col87

25 Apr 2024, 7:47 am #2,602
(25 Apr 2024, 6:48 am)Storx Tbh long term I wouldn't be surprised if they rebuilt Stockton instead and turn Hartlepool into an outstation at the same time

It more or less already is as on Evenings and Weekends control is done from Stockton and any repairs or change of buses will be done by Stockton. Any major repairs are done by Stockton or Sunderland.  It’s been rumoured for years that Hartlepool depot could close but hopefully that won’t be the case although wouldn’t be a surprise if it did happen.
col87
25 Apr 2024, 7:47 am #2,602

(25 Apr 2024, 6:48 am)Storx Tbh long term I wouldn't be surprised if they rebuilt Stockton instead and turn Hartlepool into an outstation at the same time

It more or less already is as on Evenings and Weekends control is done from Stockton and any repairs or change of buses will be done by Stockton. Any major repairs are done by Stockton or Sunderland.  It’s been rumoured for years that Hartlepool depot could close but hopefully that won’t be the case although wouldn’t be a surprise if it did happen.

Storx

25 Apr 2024, 12:32 pm #2,603
(25 Apr 2024, 7:47 am)col87 It more or less already is as on Evenings and Weekends control is done from Stockton and any repairs or change of buses will be done by Stockton. Any major repairs are done by Stockton or Sunderland.  It’s been rumoured for years that Hartlepool depot could close but hopefully that won’t be the case although wouldn’t be a surprise if it did happen.

Agreed to be honest, same with South Shields aswell, especially since they took the most profitable (E's) routes off them
Storx
25 Apr 2024, 12:32 pm #2,603

(25 Apr 2024, 7:47 am)col87 It more or less already is as on Evenings and Weekends control is done from Stockton and any repairs or change of buses will be done by Stockton. Any major repairs are done by Stockton or Sunderland.  It’s been rumoured for years that Hartlepool depot could close but hopefully that won’t be the case although wouldn’t be a surprise if it did happen.

Agreed to be honest, same with South Shields aswell, especially since they took the most profitable (E's) routes off them

25 Apr 2024, 1:08 pm #2,604
(25 Apr 2024, 12:32 pm)Storx Agreed to be honest, same with South Shields aswell, especially since they took the most profitable (E's) routes off them

They wanted to close Chi years ago too as its quite expensive to maintain. I think they bought land elsewhere at one point too.
deanmachine
25 Apr 2024, 1:08 pm #2,604

(25 Apr 2024, 12:32 pm)Storx Agreed to be honest, same with South Shields aswell, especially since they took the most profitable (E's) routes off them

They wanted to close Chi years ago too as its quite expensive to maintain. I think they bought land elsewhere at one point too.

Storx

25 Apr 2024, 1:49 pm #2,605
(25 Apr 2024, 1:08 pm)deanmachine They wanted to close Chi years ago too as its quite expensive to maintain. I think they bought land elsewhere at one point too.

Aye remember that being leaked and it all kicking off aswell with drivers. 

I'm surprised it still exists tbh. It looks like the place is ready to fall down aswell so not surprised at the costs. 

Be interesting what they would've done with the network if they did as it's a fair distance to Wheatsheaf for dead running and there's nothing really to interwork with. Can't imagine any of the routes there being the sort of routes that bring a lot of money in.
Edited 25 Apr 2024, 1:49 pm by Storx.
Storx
25 Apr 2024, 1:49 pm #2,605

(25 Apr 2024, 1:08 pm)deanmachine They wanted to close Chi years ago too as its quite expensive to maintain. I think they bought land elsewhere at one point too.

Aye remember that being leaked and it all kicking off aswell with drivers. 

I'm surprised it still exists tbh. It looks like the place is ready to fall down aswell so not surprised at the costs. 

Be interesting what they would've done with the network if they did as it's a fair distance to Wheatsheaf for dead running and there's nothing really to interwork with. Can't imagine any of the routes there being the sort of routes that bring a lot of money in.

25 Apr 2024, 10:10 pm #2,606
(24 Apr 2024, 9:52 pm)col87 34611 had to be withdrawn yesterday as the speedometer was broke and 34605 apparently broke down at Clavering today.  The 6/7 often gets packed so yes they definitely needs to be full size buses again.  
They three  solutions here for Stagecoach either they improve the pits/build new ones at the existing depot, move to a new and better depot elsewhere in the town, or have Stockton be responsible for the major engineering works on them. but the current plan is Stockton’s buses will be replacing the fleet once they get the electrics so they must be something in place. 
I know they are looking into the Hartlepool network as well and I believe they are looking into bringing at least one former service back on a trail basis.
Let’s hope it’s a link from the Headland to Seaton , like the old 12. That would link both areas of Hartlepool that attract visitors.
Economic505
25 Apr 2024, 10:10 pm #2,606

(24 Apr 2024, 9:52 pm)col87 34611 had to be withdrawn yesterday as the speedometer was broke and 34605 apparently broke down at Clavering today.  The 6/7 often gets packed so yes they definitely needs to be full size buses again.  
They three  solutions here for Stagecoach either they improve the pits/build new ones at the existing depot, move to a new and better depot elsewhere in the town, or have Stockton be responsible for the major engineering works on them. but the current plan is Stockton’s buses will be replacing the fleet once they get the electrics so they must be something in place. 
I know they are looking into the Hartlepool network as well and I believe they are looking into bringing at least one former service back on a trail basis.
Let’s hope it’s a link from the Headland to Seaton , like the old 12. That would link both areas of Hartlepool that attract visitors.

26 Apr 2024, 1:30 am #2,607
(24 Apr 2024, 9:39 pm)col87 Stagecoach themselves have said this is the plan

Have you been liasing with Stagecoach? 

(25 Apr 2024, 1:49 pm)Storx Aye remember that being leaked and it all kicking off aswell with drivers. 

It would be intresting wouldn't it. My best guess would be frequency reductions and have most things interwork off the E's. The E's would have to be at 20 mins frequencies for this to be viable. However with the arrival of electrics this line of thinking is redundant.
I would also potentially extend the 4 from Downhill into South Tyneside again to interwork with stuff... 
Another way could be that GNE could make/reinstate routes - but we all know this won't happen and don't want this to happen.
logidoodah
26 Apr 2024, 1:30 am #2,607

(24 Apr 2024, 9:39 pm)col87 Stagecoach themselves have said this is the plan

Have you been liasing with Stagecoach? 

(25 Apr 2024, 1:49 pm)Storx Aye remember that being leaked and it all kicking off aswell with drivers. 

It would be intresting wouldn't it. My best guess would be frequency reductions and have most things interwork off the E's. The E's would have to be at 20 mins frequencies for this to be viable. However with the arrival of electrics this line of thinking is redundant.
I would also potentially extend the 4 from Downhill into South Tyneside again to interwork with stuff... 
Another way could be that GNE could make/reinstate routes - but we all know this won't happen and don't want this to happen.

col87

26 Apr 2024, 8:15 am #2,608
(26 Apr 2024, 1:30 am)logidoodah Have you been liasing with Stagecoach? 

I am on a public transport forum which has regular meetings in which the sub committee have meet with the stagecoach management and that’s what they have said. It’s why they are also looking into the full network in the town and they are hints that Teesflex won’t be around for much longer as they would prefer the money was spent  on proper bus services.

(25 Apr 2024, 10:10 pm)Economic505 Let’s hope it’s a link from the Headland to Seaton , like the old 12. That would link both areas of Hartlepool that attract visitors.

Funny you think that as that is exactly the service that they are currently looking into bringing back and it was actually a member of the forum doing a detailed plan as well as drivers themselves wanting the 12 back which has got the plans this far.  
I also know that Go North East also had plans to extend the X1 to Hartlepool but those got scrapped in favour of investing in the Durham network instead.
Edited 26 Apr 2024, 8:20 am by col87.
col87
26 Apr 2024, 8:15 am #2,608

I am on a public transport forum which has regular meetings in which the sub committee have meet with the stagecoach management and that’s what they have said. It’s why they are also looking into the full network in the town and they are hints that Teesflex won’t be around for much longer as they would prefer the money was spent  on proper bus services.

(25 Apr 2024, 10:10 pm)Economic505 Let’s hope it’s a link from the Headland to Seaton , like the old 12. That would link both areas of Hartlepool that attract visitors.

Funny you think that as that is exactly the service that they are currently looking into bringing back and it was actually a member of the forum doing a detailed plan as well as drivers themselves wanting the 12 back which has got the plans this far.  
I also know that Go North East also had plans to extend the X1 to Hartlepool but those got scrapped in favour of investing in the Durham network instead.

Storx

26 Apr 2024, 9:35 am #2,609

Yeah agree I can't really see a sensible way of doing it tbh without remote changeovers in South Shields but it's a fair distance, mind not much further than Ashington to Morpeth saying that to be fair. 

GoNorthEast would arguably be in an even worse position since they shut down the depot there too. Deptford / Washington are even further away unless they built a replacement for Washington somewhere as that place is falling down - there's a lot of depots falling down...
Storx
26 Apr 2024, 9:35 am #2,609

Yeah agree I can't really see a sensible way of doing it tbh without remote changeovers in South Shields but it's a fair distance, mind not much further than Ashington to Morpeth saying that to be fair. 

GoNorthEast would arguably be in an even worse position since they shut down the depot there too. Deptford / Washington are even further away unless they built a replacement for Washington somewhere as that place is falling down - there's a lot of depots falling down...

Michael

26 Apr 2024, 12:16 pm #2,610
(26 Apr 2024, 8:15 am)col87 I am on a public transport forum which has regular meetings in which the sub committee have meet with the stagecoach management and that’s what they have said. It’s why they are also looking into the full network in the town and they are hints that Teesflex won’t be around for much longer as they would prefer the money was spent  on proper bus services.

That would of been a LONG route, that's like the 638.
Edited 26 Apr 2024, 12:17 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Apr 2024, 12:16 pm #2,610

(26 Apr 2024, 8:15 am)col87 I am on a public transport forum which has regular meetings in which the sub committee have meet with the stagecoach management and that’s what they have said. It’s why they are also looking into the full network in the town and they are hints that Teesflex won’t be around for much longer as they would prefer the money was spent  on proper bus services.

That would of been a LONG route, that's like the 638.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

col87

26 Apr 2024, 3:41 pm #2,611
(26 Apr 2024, 12:16 pm)Michael That would have been a LONG route, that's like the 638.

Not really it would have been more or less the same as the X5 used to be.
col87
26 Apr 2024, 3:41 pm #2,611

(26 Apr 2024, 12:16 pm)Michael That would have been a LONG route, that's like the 638.

Not really it would have been more or less the same as the X5 used to be.

26 Apr 2024, 4:04 pm #2,612
(26 Apr 2024, 9:35 am)Storx Yeah agree I can't really see a sensible way of doing it tbh without remote changeovers in South Shields but it's a fair distance, mind not much further than Ashington to Morpeth saying that to be fair. 

Back when the 88 went to Riverside depot they'd do changeovers at Jarrow bus station, way further than Deptford and Washington were. You can see why they've consolidated their South Tyneside only routes now at Deptford so they interwork with the 24 and 9.
deanmachine
26 Apr 2024, 4:04 pm #2,612

(26 Apr 2024, 9:35 am)Storx Yeah agree I can't really see a sensible way of doing it tbh without remote changeovers in South Shields but it's a fair distance, mind not much further than Ashington to Morpeth saying that to be fair. 

Back when the 88 went to Riverside depot they'd do changeovers at Jarrow bus station, way further than Deptford and Washington were. You can see why they've consolidated their South Tyneside only routes now at Deptford so they interwork with the 24 and 9.

Storx

26 Apr 2024, 8:28 pm #2,613
(26 Apr 2024, 4:04 pm)deanmachine Back when the 88 went to Riverside depot they'd do changeovers at Jarrow bus station, way further than Deptford and Washington were. You can see why they've consolidated their South Tyneside only routes now at Deptford so they interwork with the 24 and 9.

Aye definitely, just overkill. Be surprised if that made money as it was aswell as it never comes across as one of those money spinners (not saying it makes a loss either mind).

It'll be interesting to see what happens if franchising comes in as there's a noticeable gap of depots in certain areas, especially East Durham, South Durham and North Northumberland. There's arguably nothing at all 3 and if they use the Manchester model they can't exactly expect to run it all from Belmont, Deptford or Ashington as they're too far away and they can't really force Weardale etc to sell up either as they have a coach business beyond their few contacts and that's before going into discussions about the state of the likes of Chichester, Washington, Percy Main and Hexham which are all tired, as an understatement and questionable whether they could really support any form of electric buses due to lack of space.

Darlington and Hartlepool depots obviously being out of bounds as they're beyond the area.
Edited 26 Apr 2024, 8:32 pm by Storx.
Storx
26 Apr 2024, 8:28 pm #2,613

(26 Apr 2024, 4:04 pm)deanmachine Back when the 88 went to Riverside depot they'd do changeovers at Jarrow bus station, way further than Deptford and Washington were. You can see why they've consolidated their South Tyneside only routes now at Deptford so they interwork with the 24 and 9.

Aye definitely, just overkill. Be surprised if that made money as it was aswell as it never comes across as one of those money spinners (not saying it makes a loss either mind).

It'll be interesting to see what happens if franchising comes in as there's a noticeable gap of depots in certain areas, especially East Durham, South Durham and North Northumberland. There's arguably nothing at all 3 and if they use the Manchester model they can't exactly expect to run it all from Belmont, Deptford or Ashington as they're too far away and they can't really force Weardale etc to sell up either as they have a coach business beyond their few contacts and that's before going into discussions about the state of the likes of Chichester, Washington, Percy Main and Hexham which are all tired, as an understatement and questionable whether they could really support any form of electric buses due to lack of space.

Darlington and Hartlepool depots obviously being out of bounds as they're beyond the area.

RMF1254

27 Apr 2024, 10:38 am #2,614
Borders Buses in Berwick?
RMF1254
27 Apr 2024, 10:38 am #2,614

Borders Buses in Berwick?

Storx

27 Apr 2024, 1:32 pm #2,615
(27 Apr 2024, 10:38 am)RMF1254 Borders Buses in Berwick?

I'd imagine most there stuff will be immune to it as it's mostly cross border, can't see TNE wanting to tender stuff to Edinburgh. Can't force them to sell the depot, if they don't want to and if they're the only operator who can take the work then it makes the franchising a bit of a mockery really.
Storx
27 Apr 2024, 1:32 pm #2,615

(27 Apr 2024, 10:38 am)RMF1254 Borders Buses in Berwick?

I'd imagine most there stuff will be immune to it as it's mostly cross border, can't see TNE wanting to tender stuff to Edinburgh. Can't force them to sell the depot, if they don't want to and if they're the only operator who can take the work then it makes the franchising a bit of a mockery really.

28 Apr 2024, 2:35 am #2,616
When is stagecoach Stockton depot start to repaint E200mmc in new colours I am sorry say before.
Glen1974
28 Apr 2024, 2:35 am #2,616

When is stagecoach Stockton depot start to repaint E200mmc in new colours I am sorry say before.

Mark66t

28 Apr 2024, 7:29 am #2,617
(28 Apr 2024, 2:35 am)Glen1974 When is stagecoach Stockton depot start to repaint E200mmc in new colours I am sorry say before.

Not for ages there  still. Look in great condition  in beachball
Mark66t
28 Apr 2024, 7:29 am #2,617

(28 Apr 2024, 2:35 am)Glen1974 When is stagecoach Stockton depot start to repaint E200mmc in new colours I am sorry say before.

Not for ages there  still. Look in great condition  in beachball

28 Apr 2024, 10:47 am #2,618

as stated last time you asked... nothing is planned for at least 6 months, the current planning assumption is the E200s, then the remaining E400s and finally any remaining E300s are to be done first, 

after those pre MMC models have been completed the next currently in line vehicles are the 16-plate E400 MMCs from slatyford and walkergate, then the 66 plate E200 MMCs from slatyford, and after those either your Stockton E200s MMCs or the remaining walkergate E400 MMCs. if there is any other news it will be posted
toward6931
28 Apr 2024, 10:47 am #2,618

as stated last time you asked... nothing is planned for at least 6 months, the current planning assumption is the E200s, then the remaining E400s and finally any remaining E300s are to be done first, 

after those pre MMC models have been completed the next currently in line vehicles are the 16-plate E400 MMCs from slatyford and walkergate, then the 66 plate E200 MMCs from slatyford, and after those either your Stockton E200s MMCs or the remaining walkergate E400 MMCs. if there is any other news it will be posted

V514DFT

28 Apr 2024, 11:07 am #2,619
(28 Apr 2024, 10:47 am)toward6931 as stated last time you asked... nothing is planned for at least 6 months, the current planning assumption is the E200s, then the remaining E400s and finally any remaining E300s are to be done first, 

And whats the betting he asks again within 6 months

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
28 Apr 2024, 11:07 am #2,619

(28 Apr 2024, 10:47 am)toward6931 as stated last time you asked... nothing is planned for at least 6 months, the current planning assumption is the E200s, then the remaining E400s and finally any remaining E300s are to be done first, 

And whats the betting he asks again within 6 months

Kind Regards
Tez

Michael

28 Apr 2024, 11:19 am #2,620
(28 Apr 2024, 11:07 am)V514DFT And whats the betting he asks again within 6 months

Na be next week............

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
28 Apr 2024, 11:19 am #2,620

(28 Apr 2024, 11:07 am)V514DFT And whats the betting he asks again within 6 months

Na be next week............

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (132) Previous 1130 131 132 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average