You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: September 2024 Changes
Stagecoach proposals announced today indicate that Go North East's Q3 will no longer be running from September, at least not to Great Park.

Looks to be replaced by an extended X47, and a 49. X47 offering better journey times, and higher frequency versus the Q3.

I wonder where the Yutongs will go.

Edited to include the same link that Michael has put in the Stagecoach thread:

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...mc9nFEwvbA
(12 Jul 2024, 1:17 pm)PH - BQA wrote Stagecoach proposals announced today indicate that Go North East's Q3 will no longer be running from September, at least not to Great Park.

Looks to be replaced by an extended X47, and a 49. X47 offering better journey times, and higher frequency versus the Q3.

I wonder where the Yutongs will go.

With these changes, Go North East Q3 will no longer operate to Great Park. However, until 1 October 2024, customers with an existing Go North East period pass may continue to use their existing pass on new Stagecoach Services X47 and 49 until expiry.

Interesting move that.... wonder where the extra buses will come from..... more 2nd hand crap no doubt.

-----------

Looks like the Q3 will still run but not to Great Park, I take it, it'll be cut at Newcastle.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Jul 2024, 1:30 pm)Unber43 wrote Yutongs could either go onto the 6, 49/49A, or perhaps the 60 at Deptford

Looks like its only getting cut so it doesn't go to the Great Park with it terminating in Newcastle.

GNE might then increase the Q3 between Newcastle and Wallsend to keep the buses on the Q3.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Jul 2024, 1:26 pm)Michael wrote With these changes, Go North East Q3 will no longer operate to Great Park. However, until 1 October 2024, customers with an existing Go North East period pass may continue to use their existing pass on new Stagecoach Services X47 and 49 until expiry.

Interesting move that.... wonder where the extra buses will come from..... more 2nd hand crap no doubt.

-----------

Looks like the Q3 will still run but not to Great Park, I take it, it'll either be cut at Newcastle or Regent Centre Metro.

Would be odd to end it at Regent Centre I think, you're essentially at that point competing with Arriva and the Metro who both offer much faster, and more frequent, services to Newcastle and Jesmond from there. 

The 35 already provides Jesmond with a half hourly service, so I think Newcastle would be the logical place to end it. 

That said, I imagine that would be the end of the St. Peter's trips?
(12 Jul 2024, 1:36 pm)PH - BQA wrote Would be odd to end it at Regent Centre I think, you're essentially at that point competing with Arriva and the Metro who both offer much faster, and more frequent, services to Newcastle and Jesmond from there. 

The 35 already provides Jesmond with a half hourly service, so I think Newcastle would be the logical place to end it. 

That said, I imagine that would be the end of the St. Peter's trips?

I edited my post, as you were replying.

If it was to end at Newcastle, the PVR would drop to 4, if the route was: Newcastle - Quayside - St Peters Basin - Wallsend - every 20 mins

Leaves 5 spare branded buses - they would need to be allocated to a Riverside route anyway - I would say the 57 could be in with a shout.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Seems like a good idea to me, although the links to Gosforth/Regent Centre seem very poor on the 49 service.

I wonder if they'll just take the Yutongs off the Q3 completely and have Percy Main operate it? They might have some spare capacity with the loss of school services.
(12 Jul 2024, 2:19 pm)Thomas12 wrote Seems like a good idea to me, although the links to Gosforth/Regent Centre seem very poor on the 49 service.

I wonder if they'll just take the Yutongs off the Q3 completely and have Percy Main operate it? They might have some spare capacity with the loss of school services.

How many school services have they lost?

Would be a massive downgrade if the Q3 lost the Yutong's.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Jul 2024, 2:32 pm)Michael wrote How many school services have they lost?

Would be a massive downgrade if the Q3 lost the Yutong's.

Contracts show they lost a lot at St Thomas Moor & the one at North Gosforth Academy and a few other round North Tyneside
(12 Jul 2024, 3:19 pm)Aaron21 wrote Contracts show they lost a lot at St Thomas Moor & the one at North Gosforth Academy and a few other round North Tyneside

Just checked VOSA, they've lost LOADS.

PB0003954/1029 GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, MANDELA WAY, DUNSTON, DUNSTON, NE119DH Operating between Kenton School and West Road given service number 110 / 110N effective from 31 August 2024.

PB0003954/1430 GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, MANDELA WAY, DUNSTON, DUNSTON, NE119DH Operating between Benton and St Teresa's RC Primary School given service number 151 effective from 31 August 2024.

PB0003954/1302 GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, MANDELA WAY, DUNSTON, DUNSTON, NE119DH Operating between Marden Estate and HMRC Benton Park View given service number 392 effective from 31 August 2024.

PB0003954/1235 GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, MANDELA WAY, DUNSTON, DUNSTON, NE119DH Operating between Sacred Heart Catholic High School and Fawdon given service number 134 / 134 / 134N effective from 31 August 2024.

PB0003954/1408 GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, MANDELA WAY, DUNSTON, DUNSTON, NE119DH Operating between Brunton Lane and Gosforth East Middle School given service number 117 effective from 31 August 2024.

PB0003954/1312 GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, MANDELA WAY, DUNSTON, DUNSTON, NE119DH Operating between Springwell and St Robert Of Newminster Catholic School given service number 460 effective from 31 August 2024.

PB0003954/1309 GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, MANDELA WAY, DUNSTON, DUNSTON, NE119DH Operating between East Rainton and St Robert's of Newminster Catholic School given service number 453 effective from 31 August 2024.

PB0003954/1308 GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, MANDELA WAY, DUNSTON, DUNSTON, NE119DH Operating between Sunderland and St Roberts of Newminster Catholic School given service number 451 effective from 31 August 2024. 13

PB0003954/1234 GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, MANDELA WAY, DUNSTON, DUNSTON, NE119DH Operating between Walbottle Academy and Two Ball Lonnen given service number 128 effective from 31 August 2024.

PB0003954/1303 GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, MANDELA WAY, DUNSTON, DUNSTON, NE119DH Operating between Ryhope and St Roberts of Newminster Catholic School given service number 441 effective from 31 August 2024.

PB0003954/1262 GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, MANDELA WAY, DUNSTON, DUNSTON, NE119DH Operating between Walbottle Academy and Silver Lonnen given service number 129 effective from 31 August 2024.

PB0003954/1232 GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, MANDELA WAY, DUNSTON, DUNSTON, NE119DH Operating between Denton Burn and Kenton School given service number 106 effective from 31 August 2024.

PB0003954/1247 GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, MANDELA WAY, DUNSTON, DUNSTON, NE119DH Operating between Wideopen and St Cuthbert's Catholic High School given service number 131 effective from 31 August 2024.

PB0003954/947 GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, MANDELA WAY, DUNSTON, DUNSTON, NE119DH Operating between Byker and St Marys RC Comprehensive School given service number 18A effective from 31 August 2024.

PB0003954/1233 GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, MANDELA WAY, DUNSTON, DUNSTON, NE119DH Operating between West Road and Kenton School given service number 111 effective from 31 August 2024.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Jul 2024, 2:19 pm)Thomas12 wrote Seems like a good idea to me, although the links to Gosforth/Regent Centre seem very poor on the 49 service.

The Regent Centre link isn't really needed, I'd imagine it's more about Gosforth.

For the Metro you could just change at Kingston Park instead, it's only a few more minutes on the Metro.
(12 Jul 2024, 6:14 pm)Storx wrote The Regent Centre link isn't really needed, I'd imagine it's more about Gosforth.

For the Metro you could just change at Kingston Park instead, it's only a few more minutes on the Metro.

Regent Centre is quite important for the school right next to it, that said they're building an academy in Great Park now I believe so that might reduce that flow.
(12 Jul 2024, 6:24 pm)PH - BQA wrote Regent Centre is quite important for the school right next to it, that said they're building an academy in Great Park now I believe so that might reduce that flow.

Yeah definitely, seems like the buses are schools only at that time checking the timetable. Running every 20 minute or so, it's a bit of a bizarre route and it feels like the 49 is just running between two school buses rather than doing nothing at all.

Note there's no bus from Newcastle / Gosforth between 2pm and 5pm.

You'd think it would be better to work with Nexus and just extend the X46 tbh.
(12 Jul 2024, 7:21 pm)Storx wrote Yeah definitely, seems like the buses are schools only at that time checking the timetable. Running every 20 minute or so, it's a bit of a bizarre route and it feels like the 49 is just running between two school buses rather than doing nothing at all.

Note there's no bus from Newcastle / Gosforth between 2pm and 5pm.

You'd think it would be better to work with Nexus and just extend the X46 tbh.

I’d assume if they are announcing the Q3 changes that they have worked with nexus and everyone’s favourite mildly incompetent PTE are on board
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(12 Jul 2024, 10:25 pm)Ambassador wrote I’d assume if they are announcing the Q3 changes that they have worked with nexus and everyone’s favourite mildly incompetent PTE are on board

Don't think Nexus fund anything North of Newcastle now do they on the Q3? I'm not sure on this one either way, believe it's just the S106 funding from the Great Park since they lost the subsidy through Jesmond and I assume they'll deal direct with the operators.

Obviously they'll have to inform the councils etc as part of the partnership though.
(12 Jul 2024, 1:52 pm)Michael wrote I edited my post, as you were replying.

If it was to end at Newcastle, the PVR would drop to 4, if the route was:  Newcastle - Quayside - St Peters Basin - Wallsend - every 20 mins

Leaves 5 spare branded buses - they would need to be allocated to a Riverside route anyway - I would say the 57 could be in with a shout.

Just thinking out loud here but what if they merged the 57 with the Q3? Would mean the 57 would be branded again and the quay city name would still mean something ypu know, considering half the city part’s been dropped. Although the PVR probably wouldn’t be in favour it’s something they could try.
(12 Jul 2024, 10:57 pm)ALavery wrote Just thinking out loud here but what if they merged the 57 with the Q3? Would mean the 57 would be branded again and the quay city name would still mean something ypu know, considering half the city part’s been dropped. Although the PVR probably wouldn’t be in favour it’s something they could try.

Wouldn't really work the 57 as it would need to effectively turn around in Newcastle somewhere. If you wanted to merge a route, the 355 would be the obvious one imo on the Newcastle side as it goes in a similar direction to the Q3 anyway. It always seems to be doing quite well, which can't be said about the 352 and 354.
(12 Jul 2024, 11:21 pm)Storx wrote Wouldn't really work the 57 as it would need to effectively turn around in Newcastle somewhere. If you wanted to merge a route, the 355 would be the obvious one imo on the Newcastle side as it goes in a similar direction to the Q3 anyway. It always seems to be doing quite well, which can't be said about the 352 and 354.

There is a gap between X1's in Eldon Square. Departing at xx25 and xx55 would work fine. You would have the Q3 (Forest Hall - Wallsend) and the Q4 (Wardley - St Peters Basin). It would benefit old durham road passengers to have more buses to Eldon Sqaure as well.
.pdf Q4 Timetable.pdf
Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
(13 Jul 2024, 10:44 am)ASX_Terranova wrote There is a gap between X1's in Eldon Square. Departing at xx25 and xx55 would work fine. You would have the Q3 (Forest Hall - Wallsend) and the Q4 (Wardley - St Peters Basin). It would benefit old durham road passengers to have more buses to Eldon Sqaure as well.

It's just the route more than anything, it would just take so long, going around Newcastle. imo it's effectively just merging two bus services for the sake of merging two bus services.

I'd be tempted to just switch the Q3 onto the 355 and be done with it. You have to remember the 55 was every 20 minutes until very recently, it's not a bad bus route. Arriva just had no-where to operate it from sensibly without Jesmond and the route wasn't that good to warrant a depot.

55 timetable - https://api.arrivabus.co.uk/routes/servi...n-2021.pdf
(13 Jul 2024, 11:04 am)Storx wrote It's just the route more than anything, it would just take so long, going around Newcastle. imo it's effectively just merging two bus services for the sake of merging two bus services.

I'd be tempted to just switch the Q3 onto the 355 and be done with it. You have to remember the 55 was every 20 minutes until very recently, it's not a bad bus route. Arriva just had no-where to operate it from sensibly without Jesmond and the route wasn't that good to warrant a depot.

55 timetable - https://api.arrivabus.co.uk/routes/servi...n-2021.pdf

You're probably right, i would still put the 57 into eldon square though. It means you have the options of the 28, 57 & X1 for Old Durham Road.
(13 Jul 2024, 12:07 pm)ASX_Terranova wrote You're probably right, i would still put the 57 into eldon square though. It means you have the options of the 28, 57 & X1 for Old Durham Road.

I don’t think Eldon Square has the capacity. The amount of times vehicles end up doing a loop around the car park waiting for a bay is getting worse
(12 Jul 2024, 10:57 pm)ALavery wrote Just thinking out loud here but what if they merged the 57 with the Q3? Would mean the 57 would be branded again 

You say that like it’s a positive?
(13 Jul 2024, 12:39 pm)Ambassador wrote I don’t think Eldon Square has the capacity. The amount of times vehicles end up doing a loop around the car park waiting for a bay is getting worse

Is stand E available, judging by the X1 & X10 Timetables it seems do-able .

xx04 (X1)
xx10 (X10)
xx19 (X1)
xx26 (57)
xx34 (X1)
xx40 (???)
xx49 (X1)
xx56 (57)

(13 Jul 2024, 2:26 pm)ne14ne1 wrote You say that like it’s a positive?

Is the 355 ran from riverside? The E12s will need to be allocated to a riverside route for charging purposes.
You probably need less services going into Eldon Square then more.

Services like the 21 that tend to be in and out could easily omit and drop off or pick up on st Mary’s place or Newgate street and keep the flow going

Stand F for example last week had a late running 28, an X21 and an X12 vying for its attention whilst two angels blocked out G and H to the annoyance of the stagecoach passengers. It’s not entirely uncommon. The nexus bod is sometimes good at moving them on or directing passengers