Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average

Pages (40) Previous 127 28 2940 Next
citaro5284

25 Mar 2014, 5:43 pm #541
(25 Mar 2014, 5:32 pm)MilkybarKid Has 4931 moved? Chester depot looked a bit empty as I drove past.

It sure has.....
citaro5284
25 Mar 2014, 5:43 pm #541

(25 Mar 2014, 5:32 pm)MilkybarKid Has 4931 moved? Chester depot looked a bit empty as I drove past.

It sure has.....

Michael

25 Mar 2014, 5:43 pm #542
(25 Mar 2014, 5:26 pm)dans_bus_photos Surprise Surprise! I have a opinion and get shot down in flames yet again. I was mearly saying does the 1 journey on the 56 that will be affected need to be posted on here, when there will be Nexus staff on site directing people to another stand to board the bright orange double decker that is quite easily missed in Park Lane.

it was still their 20 mins later when my friends from college had to use stand T to get on the 56.

next time i wont bother..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
25 Mar 2014, 5:43 pm #542

(25 Mar 2014, 5:26 pm)dans_bus_photos Surprise Surprise! I have a opinion and get shot down in flames yet again. I was mearly saying does the 1 journey on the 56 that will be affected need to be posted on here, when there will be Nexus staff on site directing people to another stand to board the bright orange double decker that is quite easily missed in Park Lane.

it was still their 20 mins later when my friends from college had to use stand T to get on the 56.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

25 Mar 2014, 5:44 pm #543
(25 Mar 2014, 5:43 pm)Michael it was still their 20 mins later when my friends from college had to use stand T to get on the 56.

Don't let them stop you contributing, I think you should contribute with those updates, just ignore 'em Wink
Tom
25 Mar 2014, 5:44 pm #543

(25 Mar 2014, 5:43 pm)Michael it was still their 20 mins later when my friends from college had to use stand T to get on the 56.

Don't let them stop you contributing, I think you should contribute with those updates, just ignore 'em Wink

25 Mar 2014, 5:48 pm #544
(25 Mar 2014, 5:43 pm)citaro5284 It sure has.....

Wahey!
MilkybarKid
25 Mar 2014, 5:48 pm #544

(25 Mar 2014, 5:43 pm)citaro5284 It sure has.....

Wahey!

S813 FVK

25 Mar 2014, 5:54 pm #545

Its not the fact you had an opinion. Its what you said. He was only letting people know why a service was late if anybody who keeps up with this forum and that's fine. It just didn't need you to say it didn't need to posted when in theory, its a good thing that he did. Now if you would care to just stop commenting on this subject then that would be fine.
S813 FVK
25 Mar 2014, 5:54 pm #545

Its not the fact you had an opinion. Its what you said. He was only letting people know why a service was late if anybody who keeps up with this forum and that's fine. It just didn't need you to say it didn't need to posted when in theory, its a good thing that he did. Now if you would care to just stop commenting on this subject then that would be fine.

S813 FVK

25 Mar 2014, 5:58 pm #546
(25 Mar 2014, 5:55 pm)dans_bus_photos You wont need to ignore me for much longer, i will be deleting my account later on and all my photos of flickr too. Everyone is right about this site, if your not part of the group you get picked on and shot down with any little comment you have- see how much this has escalated too when all i said was it necessary to post that the bus has to stop in the next stop due to an emergency. [/u]

Well if you would just see the point of him posting the comment before saying comments are unnecessary then the forum wouldn't turn into a battlefield like it has now!
S813 FVK
25 Mar 2014, 5:58 pm #546

(25 Mar 2014, 5:55 pm)dans_bus_photos You wont need to ignore me for much longer, i will be deleting my account later on and all my photos of flickr too. Everyone is right about this site, if your not part of the group you get picked on and shot down with any little comment you have- see how much this has escalated too when all i said was it necessary to post that the bus has to stop in the next stop due to an emergency. [/u]

Well if you would just see the point of him posting the comment before saying comments are unnecessary then the forum wouldn't turn into a battlefield like it has now!

nk55

25 Mar 2014, 6:04 pm #547
It sure has.....
[/quote]

Has it gone for repainting?
nk55
25 Mar 2014, 6:04 pm #547

It sure has.....
[/quote]

Has it gone for repainting?

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Mar 2014, 6:28 pm #548
(25 Mar 2014, 5:19 pm)aureolin The beauty of a forum is that anyone can post what they want (within reason) and others can join in if they want to. No one is forced to participate in any one topic.

Hear, hear! This line has been used multiple times in the past, and it's certainly one that should somehow be weaved into the site's rules.

Nobody has shot you down in flames, but it seems most people thought your post was somewhat unnecessary. You make it sound like this is a regular occurrence by the use of the words 'Surprise, surprise!' though..?

As aureolin rightly said, this is a forum - feel free to post any news/sightings related to Go North East. Anyone who doesn't think it is noteworthy needn't add to the discussion.

It's totally up to you what you do or don't do, and I'm not here to stop people from leaving the community, but North East Buses is the biggest online community for discussion of buses in the North East. It is for this reason why we do perhaps have quite a number of disagreements on the forum; after all, surely this is to be expected with such a large number of users with different personalities. Other communities are a lot smaller and therefore have fewer arguments - discussion is often rather limited, and posts are issued by a number of select people. NEB is not that kind of community.

What I will say is that if you wholeheartedly agree with what other people say about NEB, you should pack your bags and just go. I've had more than enough crap from the enthusiasts in the group which agree with what you've said, and it's funny that members of this forum say the exact same thing about them. In my opinion, they're a lot worse (but obviously I'm going to say that). We have morals on NEB, whereas their morals are questionable. Picking on people because of who they are, where they're from, or their level of enthusiasm for the hobby - it's not on, and (most) members of this forum understand that. We're a diverse community of many different enthusiasts with completely different characteristics - but we all understand that, and get on with one another for that reason.
#ihaveadream Tongue

One thing to add would be not to be so irrational. If you've had enough of this community, then there are others to go to - that doesn't mean to say you should ditch the hobby completely and delete all of the hard work you've put in whilst being a part of your hobby. You have some photos which most will envy because they're so rare - you should be proud of that.

EDIT: Just read the e-mail you sent me. Typed this post before I read that, so bear that in mind when reading! Wink

(25 Mar 2014, 6:04 pm)nk55 Has it gone for repainting?

I haven't been told about its arrival at Saltmeadows, so I'd assume not yet... I'd imagine that they are probably settling the new engine in first by taking it around the depot a little. I'd expect it to be taking a run out to Front Street and back a few times in the next day or two (providing it's roadworthy - it certainly didn't look like it was on Saturday), and then it'll manage to run out to Saltmeadows for repaint. Obviously this repaint is a matter of urgency, as it allows 8231 to be withdrawn.
Dan
25 Mar 2014, 6:28 pm #548

(25 Mar 2014, 5:19 pm)aureolin The beauty of a forum is that anyone can post what they want (within reason) and others can join in if they want to. No one is forced to participate in any one topic.

Hear, hear! This line has been used multiple times in the past, and it's certainly one that should somehow be weaved into the site's rules.

Nobody has shot you down in flames, but it seems most people thought your post was somewhat unnecessary. You make it sound like this is a regular occurrence by the use of the words 'Surprise, surprise!' though..?

As aureolin rightly said, this is a forum - feel free to post any news/sightings related to Go North East. Anyone who doesn't think it is noteworthy needn't add to the discussion.

It's totally up to you what you do or don't do, and I'm not here to stop people from leaving the community, but North East Buses is the biggest online community for discussion of buses in the North East. It is for this reason why we do perhaps have quite a number of disagreements on the forum; after all, surely this is to be expected with such a large number of users with different personalities. Other communities are a lot smaller and therefore have fewer arguments - discussion is often rather limited, and posts are issued by a number of select people. NEB is not that kind of community.

What I will say is that if you wholeheartedly agree with what other people say about NEB, you should pack your bags and just go. I've had more than enough crap from the enthusiasts in the group which agree with what you've said, and it's funny that members of this forum say the exact same thing about them. In my opinion, they're a lot worse (but obviously I'm going to say that). We have morals on NEB, whereas their morals are questionable. Picking on people because of who they are, where they're from, or their level of enthusiasm for the hobby - it's not on, and (most) members of this forum understand that. We're a diverse community of many different enthusiasts with completely different characteristics - but we all understand that, and get on with one another for that reason.
#ihaveadream Tongue

One thing to add would be not to be so irrational. If you've had enough of this community, then there are others to go to - that doesn't mean to say you should ditch the hobby completely and delete all of the hard work you've put in whilst being a part of your hobby. You have some photos which most will envy because they're so rare - you should be proud of that.

EDIT: Just read the e-mail you sent me. Typed this post before I read that, so bear that in mind when reading! Wink

(25 Mar 2014, 6:04 pm)nk55 Has it gone for repainting?

I haven't been told about its arrival at Saltmeadows, so I'd assume not yet... I'd imagine that they are probably settling the new engine in first by taking it around the depot a little. I'd expect it to be taking a run out to Front Street and back a few times in the next day or two (providing it's roadworthy - it certainly didn't look like it was on Saturday), and then it'll manage to run out to Saltmeadows for repaint. Obviously this repaint is a matter of urgency, as it allows 8231 to be withdrawn.

Tom

25 Mar 2014, 6:53 pm #549
Could 4931 be put into the new livery?
Tom
25 Mar 2014, 6:53 pm #549

Could 4931 be put into the new livery?

Dan

Site Administrator

25 Mar 2014, 6:54 pm #550
(25 Mar 2014, 6:53 pm)Tom Could 4931 be put into the new livery?

I guess it'll follow the same process as all of the other recent red repaints. :p

Main brands are the priority.
Dan
25 Mar 2014, 6:54 pm #550

(25 Mar 2014, 6:53 pm)Tom Could 4931 be put into the new livery?

I guess it'll follow the same process as all of the other recent red repaints. :p

Main brands are the priority.

Adrian

25 Mar 2014, 7:08 pm #551
It's also worth noting that anyone on the forum can use the 'report' button to alert us to content you feel shouldn't be on the forum, is misplaced, etc. The person you 'report' won't be notified that you've done this. Only the site team can see reports and can use their judgement based on the report made. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
25 Mar 2014, 7:08 pm #551

It's also worth noting that anyone on the forum can use the 'report' button to alert us to content you feel shouldn't be on the forum, is misplaced, etc. The person you 'report' won't be notified that you've done this. Only the site team can see reports and can use their judgement based on the report made. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Andreos1

25 Mar 2014, 8:51 pm #552

Agree, the whole depot looked empty when I went past a few times earlier this evening and on Sunday afternoon too.

Noticed there was a space missing where 4931 had been living tonight, but not on Sunday.

In other news, it appears that the 887 on a morning, could share the same board as the 937 on an evening - the 'Eat, sleep, play and smell of foist' Trident has appeared on both today.

Saw two Versa's on the 34 running in pairs down Pelaw Bank tonight too.
Edited 25 Mar 2014, 8:56 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
25 Mar 2014, 8:51 pm #552

Agree, the whole depot looked empty when I went past a few times earlier this evening and on Sunday afternoon too.

Noticed there was a space missing where 4931 had been living tonight, but not on Sunday.

In other news, it appears that the 887 on a morning, could share the same board as the 937 on an evening - the 'Eat, sleep, play and smell of foist' Trident has appeared on both today.

Saw two Versa's on the 34 running in pairs down Pelaw Bank tonight too.

S813 FVK

25 Mar 2014, 8:56 pm #553
(25 Mar 2014, 7:08 pm)aureolin It's also worth noting that anyone on the forum can use the 'report' button to alert us to content you feel shouldn't be on the forum, is misplaced, etc. The person you 'report' won't be notified that you've done this. Only the site team can see reports and can use their judgement based on the report made. Smile

Yeah, also, is this new account I made going to be able to gain full access to view attachments and stuff now as it has been waiting for moderation for weeks now. (I created a new one so people would recognise me from other things completely forgetting that you could change your account name) Thank you if you are able to do anything.
S813 FVK
25 Mar 2014, 8:56 pm #553

(25 Mar 2014, 7:08 pm)aureolin It's also worth noting that anyone on the forum can use the 'report' button to alert us to content you feel shouldn't be on the forum, is misplaced, etc. The person you 'report' won't be notified that you've done this. Only the site team can see reports and can use their judgement based on the report made. Smile

Yeah, also, is this new account I made going to be able to gain full access to view attachments and stuff now as it has been waiting for moderation for weeks now. (I created a new one so people would recognise me from other things completely forgetting that you could change your account name) Thank you if you are able to do anything.

Andreos1

25 Mar 2014, 9:22 pm #554
(25 Mar 2014, 2:33 pm)eezypeazy This isn't my opinion - this is fact:

Fact: The evening service to Hexham is now hourly - when Arriva ran it there were large gaps, making a night out in Hexham impossible from places east of Corbridge.

Fact: GNE now offers four buses per hour to Metrocentre, all deckers, therefore more seats Prudhoe - Metrocentre than ever before. Arriva provided two bph.

Fact: In the morning peak, there's a bus every ten minutes between Prudhoe and Newcastle, including the two 11A journeys on bendys.

My observation: Arriva's reliability on the old 604 was notoriously poor.

Can we take the comments and quotes from the numerous passengers from Prudhoe who have appeared in the Courant over a period of time, as fact too?

Are buses between Newcastle and Prudhoe of the same frequency as previously?

My observation: Based on comments, quotes and stories appearing in the Courant and the fact I have only ever been on the 10 once, GNE's reliability on the 10, 10b and the local service is notoriously poor too.

Andreos1
25 Mar 2014, 9:22 pm #554

Fact: The evening service to Hexham is now hourly - when Arriva ran it there were large gaps, making a night out in Hexham impossible from places east of Corbridge.

Fact: GNE now offers four buses per hour to Metrocentre, all deckers, therefore more seats Prudhoe - Metrocentre than ever before. Arriva provided two bph.

Fact: In the morning peak, there's a bus every ten minutes between Prudhoe and Newcastle, including the two 11A journeys on bendys.

Can we take the comments and quotes from the numerous passengers from Prudhoe who have appeared in the Courant over a period of time, as fact too?

Are buses between Newcastle and Prudhoe of the same frequency as previously?

My observation: Based on comments, quotes and stories appearing in the Courant and the fact I have only ever been on the 10 once, GNE's reliability on the 10, 10b and the local service is notoriously poor too.

S813 FVK

25 Mar 2014, 9:42 pm #555
I should probably point out that 5256 has been branded 'Whey Aye Five 0' as seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/75963141@N03/13411958615/
S813 FVK
25 Mar 2014, 9:42 pm #555

I should probably point out that 5256 has been branded 'Whey Aye Five 0' as seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/75963141@N03/13411958615/

25 Mar 2014, 9:58 pm #556
I think there should be a bus from south shields express to metrocentre
speedwheels22
25 Mar 2014, 9:58 pm #556

I think there should be a bus from south shields express to metrocentre

MurdnunoC

25 Mar 2014, 10:31 pm #557

Fair enough. I accept (and agree with) the points you make about the quality of service improving on the Prudhoe to Metrocentre corridor and also the fact about there being now six buses in the morning instead of four. As you have proven Prudhoe does have a better service than before. Looking at the timetable, it appears (and I maybe wrong about this) that one extra bus (in each direction) has been added between Hexham and Prudhoe to make the service hourly in the evening so, once again, you are right to make that point. However, outside of Prudhoe - heading towards Hexham, the level of service remains mostly the same with the exception of that one extra evening bus. For someone living in, say, Mickley or Stocksfield, the perception might be that nothing's really changed. As I said, GNE did improve the service for a short period, but curtailed the level of frequency back to the same level as when Arriva operated 602. This is also fact.

Do you think that withdrawing from Redwell Road/Drawback/West Wylam has improved the quality of service? - I have no idea how passenger numbers were before the route was changed, but I remember at the time that there was some level of protest (probably quite minimal in retrospect) when that decision was made. Was this one reason why the reliability of the 604 was 'notoriously poor' in your observation?
Edited 25 Mar 2014, 11:14 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
25 Mar 2014, 10:31 pm #557

Fair enough. I accept (and agree with) the points you make about the quality of service improving on the Prudhoe to Metrocentre corridor and also the fact about there being now six buses in the morning instead of four. As you have proven Prudhoe does have a better service than before. Looking at the timetable, it appears (and I maybe wrong about this) that one extra bus (in each direction) has been added between Hexham and Prudhoe to make the service hourly in the evening so, once again, you are right to make that point. However, outside of Prudhoe - heading towards Hexham, the level of service remains mostly the same with the exception of that one extra evening bus. For someone living in, say, Mickley or Stocksfield, the perception might be that nothing's really changed. As I said, GNE did improve the service for a short period, but curtailed the level of frequency back to the same level as when Arriva operated 602. This is also fact.

Do you think that withdrawing from Redwell Road/Drawback/West Wylam has improved the quality of service? - I have no idea how passenger numbers were before the route was changed, but I remember at the time that there was some level of protest (probably quite minimal in retrospect) when that decision was made. Was this one reason why the reliability of the 604 was 'notoriously poor' in your observation?

Malarkey

25 Mar 2014, 11:09 pm #558
(25 Mar 2014, 9:42 pm)Robert I should probably point out that 5256 has been branded 'Whey Aye Five 0' as seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/75963141@N03/13411958615/

I also photographed this today but I wasn't aware it already been branded and also noted on here so I do apologise, also I haven't a chance to upload it yet as I have a Backlog (Daniel Graham Style) of Photos to Caption and then Upload due being rather Busy over the past 2 Months, which will again be added to whilst I am Sunderland tomorrow, I shall get them up asap, weekend into next week at the latest.
Malarkey
25 Mar 2014, 11:09 pm #558

(25 Mar 2014, 9:42 pm)Robert I should probably point out that 5256 has been branded 'Whey Aye Five 0' as seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/75963141@N03/13411958615/

I also photographed this today but I wasn't aware it already been branded and also noted on here so I do apologise, also I haven't a chance to upload it yet as I have a Backlog (Daniel Graham Style) of Photos to Caption and then Upload due being rather Busy over the past 2 Months, which will again be added to whilst I am Sunderland tomorrow, I shall get them up asap, weekend into next week at the latest.

Diamond One

Banned

26 Mar 2014, 12:09 am #559
yesterday i saw both a Citylink Versa on 93 and one on 52 both came in at the exact same time photos will be uploaded tomorrow
Diamond One
26 Mar 2014, 12:09 am #559

yesterday i saw both a Citylink Versa on 93 and one on 52 both came in at the exact same time photos will be uploaded tomorrow

26 Mar 2014, 1:41 am #560
Noticed the whey aye 50 branding isnt on the front of the Omnicities, will this be added later like the Drifter version of the livery which had the fronts updated slightly later on (If i remember Correctly)
WestDurhamSwift
26 Mar 2014, 1:41 am #560

Noticed the whey aye 50 branding isnt on the front of the Omnicities, will this be added later like the Drifter version of the livery which had the fronts updated slightly later on (If i remember Correctly)

Pages (40) Previous 127 28 2940 Next

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average