You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East - Latest
5263 broken down at Gateshead Interchange, replacement is 5248. Begs the question: Why was 5248 not put on service 9? Even if it had problems at the start of the day, it should have replaced a B10BLE to get the correct allocation on the road again.

Good demonstration of how well designed Gateshead Interchange is - currently a bus pile up and nothing can move.
(12 Apr 2014, 11:14 am)northern156 wrote It was only about 10 minutes late.

It's understandable, considering the AD122 is a new route in the area for Go North East... probably will improve over time. Shame Key Cards and Buzzfares can't be used on it though.
(12 Apr 2014, 1:17 pm)BJ10VUS wrote It's understandable, considering the AD122 is a new route in the area for Go North East... probably will improve over time. Shame Key Cards and Buzzfares can't be used on it though.
Indeed. I asked the driver whether I could use my Key on it and he said unfortunately no.

He also said (when asked by an enthusiast on the service) that he had only been asked to run the service only on Wednesday!
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
(12 Apr 2014, 2:02 pm)northern156 wrote He also said (when asked by an enthusiast on the service) that he had only been asked to run the service only on Wednesday!

And he is on secondment from Riverside.
Site Administrator
"Drifter" Streetlite 5375 has broken down at Seaham (near Byron Place) in the middle of the road.
Site Administrator
"Cobalt Connect" OmniCity 5245 is now back at Percy Main depot following refurbishment.
(12 Apr 2014, 3:30 pm)Dan wrote "Cobalt Connect" OmniCity 5245 is now back at Percy Main depot following refurbishment.

Has anything major changed?
Site Administrator
(12 Apr 2014, 3:57 pm)Tom wrote Has anything major changed?

It hasn't yet been out in service as far as I know - a friend saw it in the depot earlier today.
I tell you one thing folks, I must say that GNE definitely made the right decision with regards to the 67 B9TL's that they've purchased since 2011. A real quality double deck bus that will serve GNE very well over the next coming 15 years. They're a bit hazy on the TTX due to the ECU and gearing but still serve their purpose well and they cope very well with the rural roads of the Tyne Valley on the 10. I hope that Volvo, Wrights and GNE continue to build a good relationship with each other and Volvo come up with a heavyweight chassis for the Gemini 3 at some point in the near future.
(12 Apr 2014, 4:20 pm)Davey Bowyer wrote I tell you one thing folks, I must say that GNE definitely made the right decision with regards to the 67 B9TL's that they've purchased since 2011. A real quality double deck bus that will serve GNE very well over the next coming 15 years. They're a bit hazy on the TTX due to the ECU and gearing but still serve their purpose well and they cope very well with the rural roads of the Tyne Valley on the 10. I hope that Volvo, Wrights and GNE continue to build a good relationship with each other and Volvo come up with a heavyweight chassis for the Gemini 3 at some point in the near future.

How many times do we need to hear this...?
(12 Apr 2014, 4:23 pm)Tom wrote How many times do we need to hear this...?

Well not just the B9's but alot of other purchases that they've made have paid off. The Versa order for the 58 and also the Citaro order for Connections 4. I know I'm very fond of the B9TL but even the two orders above have proven to be great for GNE. I'm not too keen on the Streetlites but I'd love to see some more Versas on the road.
(12 Apr 2014, 4:44 pm)Davey Bowyer wrote Well not just the B9's but alot of other purchases that they've made have paid off. The Versa order for the 58 and also the Citaro order for Connections 4. I know I'm very fond of the B9TL but even the two orders above have proven to be great for GNE. I'm not too keen on the Streetlites but I'd love to see some more Versas on the road.

I like the Versas like, yeah Wink
(12 Apr 2014, 6:11 pm)GMitchelhill wrote I'm unsure if 524 would be branded. They might just leave it plain yellow to act as a spare. As no doubt it will be withdrawn at the end of the AD122 timetable anyway.

Is there still an 'X-reg' MPD at Hexham, or has this been withdrawn?
(12 Apr 2014, 7:01 pm)BJ10VUS wrote Is there still an 'X-reg' MPD at Hexham, or has this been withdrawn?

513 was withdrawn a few months back.
(12 Apr 2014, 7:02 pm)Tom wrote 513 was withdrawn a few months back.

Oh dear... nice to see I keep myself as up to date as possible! Thanks for the update! Tongue
(12 Apr 2014, 6:11 pm)GMitchelhill wrote I'm unsure if 524 would be branded. They might just leave it plain yellow to act as a spare. As no doubt it will be withdrawn at the end of the AD122 timetable anyway.

i agree with Gary on this one after all his photos inspired me to take loads of good shots after all after i seen the old photopic i used to look at on a daily basis til i met one of my closes pals and i thought i would start out taking my 1st photo which was on my own turf aka 4921 while it was covering for a cadet on 27 at the time Lady Gaga was ready to release Born This Way and the song was ready to be released and i a month later had the best day ever long story you do not wanna know
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Since Bazza is talking about my photos. I am currently in the process of uploading Go North East photos from 2003 to my Flickr. Those who aren't on my facebook, this is the link here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
From the NEXUS site.

13 April 2014 - Routes 2A/2C, 78/78A - Chester Road, Sunderland
The west side of the A183 Chester Road/Hylton Road/Sevenoaks Drive roundabout in Sunderland will be closed for resurfacing on Sunday 13April between 8am and 6pm. Go North East services 2A/2C and 78/78A will be required to divert via A19, Durham Road and Grindon Road in both directions. The diverted services will use the bus stops at the north end of Grindon Lane.

Durham road/Grindon Lane might be a good place to get pictures

Haven't seen a GNE bus go down Grindon lane since the 638 on Sunday
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(13 Apr 2014, 12:05 am)GMitchelhill wrote Since Bazza is talking about my photos. I am currently in the process of uploading Go North East photos from 2003 to my Flickr. Those who aren't on my facebook, this is the link here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

Time flies....

Just 11 years ago we had C Reg vehicles serving West Street in Gateshead and metrobuses were still in service.

Seems' a lifetime ago!
(13 Apr 2014, 10:19 am)gtom wrote Time flies....

Just 11 years ago we had C Reg vehicles serving West Street in Gateshead and metrobuses were still in service.

Seems' a lifetime ago!

Gutted I never managed to ride one of those Olympians or Metrobuses in their last throes.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
Some photographs here of refurbished 5245.

A new floor has been fitted, all seats have been re-upholstered and painted, the main interior branding has been removed (if any was there before) and LED lighting has been fitted.
(13 Apr 2014, 12:00 pm)Dan wrote Some photographs here of refurbished 5245.

A new floor has been fitted, all seats have been re-upholstered and painted, the main interior branding has been removed (if any was there before) and LED lighting has been fitted.

Looks better in the grey than the current blue.

Will all buses go this colour when they get there mid-life refurb?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(13 Apr 2014, 12:00 pm)Dan wrote Some photographs here of refurbished 5245.

Looks extremely smart. Hopefully it doesn't show dirt and lack of cleaning as much as the blue interiors do.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(13 Apr 2014, 12:05 am)GMitchelhill wrote Since Bazza is talking about my photos. I am currently in the process of uploading Go North East photos from 2003 to my Flickr. Those who aren't on my facebook, this is the link here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

nice shots i like the olympian on 310/319 used to enjoy the ride on these they were the best at the time leyland did do good models top 3 produced by Leyland was National, Olympian and of course the Lynx, Nationals were powerful as were the Olympians while the Lynx i used to like the sound of i used to like Redby, Stagecoach and Go North East examples plus Arriva then known as United, Olympians were my favourite Double Decker if these were on 527 i would love the ride straight away no doubt, Nationals right powerhorses they were the best

i miss the Leyland Olympians they were replaced by Volvo Olympian Paletine 2 and its replacements were better too when i was 8 they were new back in them days Spice Girls was still popular, Aqua was getting on my nerves with Barbie Girl and Doctor Jones, Brimful of Asha by Cornershop (Fat Boy Slim Remix) was a canny tune, Robbie Williams was entertaining people with Let Me Entertain you, Steps was now popular, England had finally made it to the World Cup in 1998, Fat Boy Slim had released The Rockafella Skank, Billie Piper had made her singing debut, Stardust had released there only Song Music Sounds Better with you which was later covered by Daft Punk on Alive 2007, Cher had a song called Believe, Celine Dion had that song about Titanic, anyways enough about music and other randoms i used to love the Lynxs the ones Stagecoach had were put it this way was legend
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out