Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013

RE: Go North East
(07 May 2013, 5:21 pm)korn90 wrote 88 cannot have a double decker due to a low bridge at High Lane Row, Hebburn i've been on this route thousands of times mainly because its my local route its like double deckers cannot go on these services M1, 2A/2C, 19, 28/28A/28B, 60, 67/69, 8/78/78A, 88, 700, if the 88 were to have a double decker it would divert via hedgeley road where 27 goes up

Why can't the 67/69 be operated by double-deckers?

When the 69 was the 639, double-deckers were the norm for the route at one point in its history. The 67 combines parts of the old 183/527 routes, both of which had deckers running on it. Unless, the 67 runs along Wellington Road/Cross Lane from Dunston to Metrocentre then there's absolutely no reason why deckers can't operate on that route. The 69 has saw changes to its route in Winlaton and Felling, but there's nothing to stop deckers running on that route too.

EDIT: Sorry, quoted wrong person in post. Should have been 'Korn90' instead of 'Panasonic 44'. Apologies.
(07 May 2013, 10:27 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote PB0002400/494 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: NEWCASTLE AIRPORT TERMINAL
Finish Point: SUNDERLAND PARK LANE INTERCHANGE
Via: COWGATE, NEWCASTLE, HEWORTH INTERCHANGE, HEBBURN, JARROW BUS STATION, BOLDON ASDA
Service Number: 737
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Limited Stop
Effective Date: 30-JUN-2013
Other Details: Daily, hourly stopping points as per timetable

I think it's obvious it's going to be using this service will use the 3 spare Optare Versas that come off the Saltwell Park/Drifter when the rest go onto the Washington Street Shuttle. And will be Operated by Saltmeadows... cast minds back to last week when someone said there was going to be a new service, but wouldn't say as they'd get told off by GNE on Bazza Houstons Group on Facebook.

When was this registered, as I have gone back three weeks on the VOSA website and I cannot see it and when you put the registration number into the VOSA search it comes up with no results found Huh
Could be a nexus service? Once an hour service? And go north east normally dont usually use higher numbers?? 737 has a very nexus vibe i think!!
(07 May 2013, 10:27 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote PB0002400/494 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Registration Accepted
Via: COWGATE, NEWCASTLE, HEWORTH INTERCHANGE, HEBBURN, JARROW BUS STATION, BOLDON ASDA

I think it's obvious it's going to be using this service will use the 3 spare Optare Versas that come off the Saltwell Park/Drifter when the rest go onto the Washington Street Shuttle. And will be Operated by Saltmeadows... cast minds back to last week when someone said there was going to be a new service, but wouldn't say as they'd get told off by GNE on Bazza Houstons Group on Facebook.

Theres no such registration for this service on VOSA, and GNE wouldnt put a service like this as the Metro operates this areas.

Last registration from Go Northern on Vosa was PB0002400/493

There was something mentioned quite awhile ago about running a bus service between the 2 Airports (Tees Valley/Newcastle) connecting with Middlesbrough and Newcastle. Was going to be partial funded by the Airports, l think some journeys on the X10 was going to be extended each end to serve the Airports. Thought the idea was all frizzled out as it came to nothing in the end.

GNE 36/36A timetable online from 3rd June 2013:

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/51344.28

36 every 30 minutes
36A every 30 minutes

Dont think there will be a X36 as there is no registration for this service and the X3 will be twice an hour.

And looks like the 36/36A will be just Northern Branded.

Registration Accepted

Looks like a hoax to me...
Regular
(07 May 2013, 10:44 pm)AdamY wrote
(07 May 2013, 5:21 pm)korn90 wrote 88 cannot have a double decker due to a low bridge at High Lane Row, Hebburn i've been on this route thousands of times mainly because its my local route its like double deckers cannot go on these services M1, 2A/2C, 19, 28/28A/28B, 60, 67/69, 8/78/78A, 88, 700, if the 88 were to have a double decker it would divert via hedgeley road where 27 goes up

Why can't the 67/69 be operated by double-deckers?

When the 69 was the 639, double-deckers were the norm for the route at one point in its history. The 67 combines parts of the old 183/527 routes, both of which had deckers running on it. Unless, the 67 runs along Wellington Road/Cross Lane from Dunston to Metrocentre then there's absolutely no reason why deckers can't operate on that route. The 69 has saw changes to its route in Winlaton and Felling, but there's nothing to stop deckers running on that route too.

EDIT: Sorry, quoted wrong person in post. Should have been 'Korn90' instead of 'Panasonic 44'. Apologies.

my pal anthony said he has been talking to winlaton drivers and ya cannot stick a double decker on 69/67 might be low bridge issue on the route
(08 May 2013, 10:21 am)korn90 wrote
(07 May 2013, 10:44 pm)AdamY wrote Why can't the 67/69 be operated by double-deckers?

my pal anthony said he has been talking to winlaton drivers and ya cannot stick a double decker on 69/67 might be low bridge issue on the route

There are no low bridges located on that route unless the height of double-decker buses has dramatically increased over the last decade. While I can understand the reluctance to place deckers on the route (branding, hills, parked cars etc.), it is certainly not impossible to do so.

[Image: 8534000398_271f21797d_m.jpg]
(A blurry example of a 639 at Blaydon Bus Station)
(08 May 2013, 8:39 am)eezypeazy wrote
Registration Accepted

Looks like a hoax to me...

Could be a hoax, I seen it bazza's Facebook Group and thought that is interesting, and copied and pasted it over onto here, Only other thing is GNE are planning a big reveal of the service and have asked for it to be taken down hence why you can't see it.

I can see how it can be a hoax, as it is quite a long route, and surely with it being an Airport Shuttle Service you'd expect it to be alot quicker, considering by looks of it it'll be going via Hebburn/Jarrow/Boldon Asda and Cowgate. With Stops at Heworth/Gateshead/Newcastle. Looks to me if true GNE are trying to provide competition with the Metro. Plus is no way if the metro takes 45 minutes from Sunderland to the Airport, that GNE would able to compete as there service would take possibly double the time the Metro does.

Surely you'd have it be more Direct and have it Stop at the Major Stops, not minor ones like Jarrow. Although these could be Areas that provide quite alot of daily passengers to the Airport.
Regardless of feasbibility, if it this registration is genuine and is using existing vehicles - then those vehicles will need to be adapted to suit the bags, suitcases and luggage that an airport bus will need/expect to carry.

The luggage racks on a Versa will struggle to fit one suitcase, never mind several.

From experience, the bulk of flight arrivals (particularly scheduled or chartered) & departures arent in the middle of the day either - so the service would need to have an extensive rota.

Personally speaking, if I lived in Sunderland and had just got off a flight (whether it was during the day or at night), the last thing I would want to do, would be jumping on a bus and having a tour of Newcastle's suburbs and South Tyneside before rocking up at Park Lane 2 hours later, to then have to make some sort of change to get home...
(08 May 2013, 1:31 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Could be a hoax, I seen it bazza's Facebook Group and thought that is interesting, and copied and pasted it over onto here, Only other thing is GNE are planning a big reveal of the service and have asked for it to be taken down hence why you can't see it.

I very much doubt VOSA would acquiesce to any such request otherwise nothing would be posted there until press releases were released by the bus companies themselves. Are there any other examples of when information has been taken down from VOSA in preparation of a 'big reveal'? - I can't think of any.

(08 May 2013, 1:31 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I can see how it can be a hoax, as it is quite a long route, and surely with it being an Airport Shuttle Service you'd expect it to be alot quicker, considering by looks of it it'll be going via Hebburn/Jarrow/Boldon Asda and Cowgate. With Stops at Heworth/Gateshead/Newcastle. Looks to me if true GNE are trying to provide competition with the Metro. Plus is no way if the metro takes 45 minutes from Sunderland to the Airport, that GNE would able to compete as there service would take possibly double the time the Metro does.

There's another clue to the validity of the service when you consider where it has been posted; which company it's operated by; and who would benefit most by a service which operates through Jarrow and Hebburn to any destination. Wink

(08 May 2013, 1:31 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Surely you'd have it be more Direct and have it Stop at the Major Stops, not minor ones like Jarrow.

(08 May 2013, 1:31 pm)Andreos1 wrote Personally speaking, if I lived in Sunderland and had just got off a flight (whether it was during the day or at night), the last thing I would want to do, would be jumping on a bus and having a tour of Newcastle's suburbs and South Tyneside before rocking up at Park Lane 2 hours later, to then have to make some sort of change to get home...

I couldn't agree more with these two statements. Why would anyone from Sunderland or South Tyneside use this service when a taxi (or even the Metro) would prove to the quicker, more convenient option. A direct service departing from Park Lane, diverting to pick up passengers at the Galleries, then going to straight via the A1231, A1 and A696 would make more sense than the service suggested here. Even if a lot of passengers were travelling from Jarrow or Boldon to the Airport, then one must consider how GNE have came across this information in the first place? - If it was a Nexus-funded venture, then surely they'd be promoting the benefits of travelling by Metro since, ultimately, it's cheaper for them to do this rather than go through the process of tendering.
737 gives no hint it's Nexus at all.

It's just a generic number that bus companies use because its the same as a plane make.

And since Nexus are short on cash and keying into the idea of feeding public transport 'to' the Metro, they aren't suddenly going to run a service against the Metro.

I'm in agreement that this is complete rubbish

And anyway, a bus from Sunderland to Newcastle Airport?

National Express service 534, about an hour journey, cost £3.00
(08 May 2013, 3:16 pm)Andreos1 wrote If the route 'takes off', do you reckon they will put a decker on and renumber it the 747? Smile

Cool

Site Administrator
Go North East - Part 16
Coaster on 9. At Sunderland now.
Apologies if already noted, haven't read posts before this one yet and won't until I'm back on my computer...
CatsFast101
Unregistered
PVR increase on the 39 short workings between Doxford Interntional and Sunderland Interchange are been introduced, this creates an every 10 minute frequency on service 39 between these points. I wonder wether they'll inherit some of the MPD's from Washinton Street Shuttle when they get the Versa's or could they be upgraded to solars from 56 if they get new buses.
The short workings are Monday-Friday only meaning it'll not be every 10 minute service on Saturday. It seems like a commuter service with it only been Monday-Friday, but I'm not convinced this will work very well it's quite a round about route compared to the X35 to Doxford International, but then there is people from South Sunderland to factor in. But X35 have just cut down on the amount of peak-time Sunderland-Dox Int. they run in the most recent 24/3/13 changes. So how are the loadings on the 39? I think it's strange to have a service which currently uses significantly smaller buses increased to every 10 minutes.
All 2/6/2013 timetables are now online, and the 36 will be dropped from the SimpliCity brand as the timetable lists it as a 'Northern' route.
chris white
Unregistered
(08 May 2013, 5:20 pm)CatsFast101 wrote PVR increase on the 39 short workings between Doxford Interntional and Sunderland Interchange are been introduced, this creates an every 10 minute frequency on service 39 between these points. I wonder wether they'll inherit some of the MPD's from Washinton Street Shuttle when they get the Versa's or could they be upgraded to solars from 56 if they get new buses.
The short workings are Monday-Friday only meaning it'll not be every 10 minute service on Saturday. It seems like a commuter service with it only been Monday-Friday, but I'm not convinced this will work very well it's quite a round about route compared to the X35 to Doxford International, but then there is people from South Sunderland to factor in. But X35 have just cut down on the amount of peak-time Sunderland-Dox Int. they run in the most recent 24/3/13 changes. So how are the loadings on the 39? I think it's strange to have a service which currently uses significantly smaller buses increased to every 10 minutes.

The 39 does tend to get quite busy and would benefit from larger buses. There was of course last year's consultation which suggested eliminating the Sunderland-Pennywell section of the route and making it every 10 minutes between Doxford Park and the city centre, which didn't happen.

Chris
The 39 does get busy, if its going every 10 mins between Sunderland and Doxford Park, MPD's wont cope (that's what i think)... Im hoping, Thier will be spare Scania's from both 20 and 56 (which is due to get new buses this year) but for the time being, Washington Street Shuttle MPD's will probley's be used.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 May 2013, 6:01 pm)Michael wrote The 39 does get busy, if its going every 10 mins between Sunderland and Doxford Park, MPD's wont cope (that's what i think)... Im hoping, Thier will be spare Scania's from both 20 and 56 (which is due to get new buses this year) but for the time being, Washington Street Shuttle MPD's will probley's be used.

Or the Solo that will be spare from the 73? (Due to Compass taking the service over) - I don't get you though, how won't MPD's cope if there is a increase in frequency?
(08 May 2013, 9:21 pm)W179SCU wrote
(08 May 2013, 6:01 pm)Michael wrote The 39 does get busy, if its going every 10 mins between Sunderland and Doxford Park, MPD's wont cope (that's what i think)... Im hoping, Thier will be spare Scania's from both 20 and 56 (which is due to get new buses this year) but for the time being, Washington Street Shuttle MPD's will probley's be used.

Or the Solo that will be spare from the 73? (Due to Compass taking the service over) - I don't get you though, how won't MPD's cope if there is a increase in frequency?

Go North East are still operating the 73, Compass are only doing one working (as explained here before).
Also, the increase of frequency on the 39 means the loadings will be spread over more buses, so the MPDs (or whatever else is used on the extra workings) will be able to cope.