You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014

Site Administrator
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(02 Jun 2014, 10:46 pm)gtom wrote Go on...I'll bite, favourite pre-Solar Waggonway?!

Conversely, which was the worst for you? ;-)
RE: Go North East - Latest
(02 Jun 2014, 9:52 pm)Simmy wrote Just spotted a GNE advert on my Facebook news feed for Citylink service 58. Wonder if different services are targeted depending on the location of the user.

Hopefully these unobtrusive ads will bring in a few more passengers.

Facebook can nail down the target audience based on the data you share with them.
Age, location, gender, relationship status etc.

I don't have my location on, so don't get the ones like you mentioned, but amongst the rubbish on there, I get ones clearly aimed at parents, about children on my feed - which is slightly concerning.

The Chronicle site does my t!ts in with the constant Cobalt Clipper or Waggonway advertisements.
It clearly isn't targeted at a specific audiences, as I have never needed (or intend to use) the 309 and have been on the 28 twice since it was created.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(03 Jun 2014, 5:25 am)Dan wrote Conversely, which was the worst for you? ;-)

Like choosing a method of death really....
(02 Jun 2014, 8:15 pm)Marcus wrote I've got a favourite for all of Chester's brands;

The Angel - 6067
The Lime - 4852
The Whey Aye Five 0 - 5257
The Waggonway - 4958
The Worm - 8302
Red Lolyne - 3878
Red President - 6022
Red Renown - 4907
Red Solar - 4930

As for single bus types within the depot; 3983 is just crap. Big Grin
Angel = 3965
Lime = 4900
Whey Aye Five 0 = 5960
Waggonway = 4957
Lambton Worm = 8305
Lolyne = 3869
renown = 4909
President = 6022
solar = 4931

Reason why I seem to like 3965 coz it is the best behaved bus in that depot when I ridden on it once I was happy the driver was canny and lovely too
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Site Administrator
(03 Jun 2014, 12:00 pm)Racer_Experience wrote Am actually going to North East Live at the last minute thanks to my good old pal Paul and Ashley

I guess you'll be taking your camera! Good luck.
(03 Jun 2014, 11:59 am)Racer_Experience wrote Reason why I seem to like 3965 coz it is the best behaved bus in that depot when I ridden on it once I was happy the driver was canny and lovely too

What do you mean best behaved in depot? Is it like Raggydolls (look it up kids - Andreos - you won't need to) where they all come alive after dark and cause havoc on Picktree Lane?

I do like 3965, only because of its spiritual link to the 724
(03 Jun 2014, 1:07 pm)gtom wrote What do you mean best behaved in depot? Is it like Raggydolls (look it up kids - Andreos - you won't need to) where they all come alive after dark and cause havoc on Picktree Lane?

Hopefully you are insinuating I have a good memory and not that I am getting on a bit eh Sadsack? Wink
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(03 Jun 2014, 5:21 pm)Gem63 wrote Hi any idea when GNE will be placing orders on new vehicles

I'm not entirely sure - but I think they are meant to receive about 80 new vehicles this year? The obvious vehicles will be for the Lime (15 buses), most likely the X66 (4 buses) and several others. I don't think they place orders until around mid-year.
(03 Jun 2014, 5:29 pm)Marcus wrote I'm not entirely sure - but I think they are meant to receive about 80 new vehicles this year? The obvious vehicles will be for the Lime (15 buses), most likely the X66 (4 buses) and several others. I don't think they place orders until around mid-year.

Cheers Marcus. Thought it was around this time last year orders got placed. Just hoping some new buses will come soon. Need better buses for the 17. hope we get some of the limes once new buses come
Site Administrator
(03 Jun 2014, 5:35 pm)Gem63 wrote Cheers Marcus. Thought it was around this time last year orders got placed. Just hoping some new buses will come soon. Need better buses for the 17. hope we get some of the limes once new buses come

I know it has already been suggested prior to your registration, so I'll repeat it for your benefit...

Volvo B10BLEs 4850-55 are currently believed to be in-line for withdrawal, should the Lime receive investment.
Volvo B10BLEs 4896-902 are currently believed to be remaining in the fleet, and they will spread across depots to remove any of the remaining R-PRG Renowns left in the fleet.
(03 Jun 2014, 1:07 pm)gtom wrote What do you mean best behaved in depot? Is it like Raggydolls (look it up kids - Andreos - you won't need to) where they all come alive after dark and cause havoc on Picktree Lane?

I can picture all the vehicles emerging from each depot door then going on a rampage. Shoplifting from the BP garage, kamikaziing into Aldi then getting drunk in the pub...
(03 Jun 2014, 5:35 pm)Gem63 wrote Cheers Marcus. Thought it was around this time last year orders got placed. Just hoping some new buses will come soon. Need better buses for the 17. hope we get some of the limes once new buses come

Although it would seem the Limes are battered, in my opinion, as I use them on a daily basis, they are still going pretty strong considering their route is very demanding. They will all do an independant operator some good. Smile
(03 Jun 2014, 5:38 pm)Dan wrote I know it has already been suggested prior to your registration, so I'll repeat it for your benefit...

Volvo B10BLEs 4850-55 are currently believed to be in-line for withdrawal, should the Lime receive investment.
Volvo B10BLEs 4896-902 are currently believed to be remaining in the fleet, and they will spread across depots to remove any of the remaining R-PRG Renowns left in the fleet.

Cheers Dan.
Marxista Fozzski
(03 Jun 2014, 5:39 pm)Marcus wrote I can picture all the vehicles emerging from each depot door then going on a rampage. Shoplifting from the BP garage, kamikaziing into Aldi then getting drunk in the pub...

We need a like button
(03 Jun 2014, 12:58 pm)Dan wrote I guess you'll be taking your camera! Good luck.

Sure am 100% to photo transport inside and other objects inside including possibly my beloved seat at Safc
Owner of Bella the Cat

Site Administrator
(03 Jun 2014, 8:54 pm)Racer_Experience wrote Sure am 100% to photo transport inside and other objects inside including possibly my beloved seat at Safc

Have you been practicing your night photography at distances with cars and thousands of people walking about in front and behind you? Tongue
(03 Jun 2014, 9:00 pm)Dan wrote Have you been practicing your night photography at distances with cars and thousands of people walking about in front and behind you? Tongue
Yeah I have do not worry I sometimes do it at Jarrow for practise or my own turf a few times
Owner of Bella the Cat

(03 Jun 2014, 5:39 pm)Marcus wrote I can picture all the vehicles emerging from each depot door then going on a rampage. Shoplifting from the BP garage, kamikaziing into Aldi then getting drunk in the pub...

Brilliant!

I bet those Angel's drink white wine or fruit cider.

Waggonway necking down the whiskey....
Does anyone know if the Mercedes Benz Citaro K is still parked up at Riverside or has it gone back?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(04 Jun 2014, 6:36 am)Michael wrote Does anyone know if the Mercedes Benz Citaro K is still parked up at Riverside or has it gone back?

I'd be surprised if it was still there, Michael.
Probably has found a new home by now, which would explain why I had five faves on the photo yesterday.
(04 Jun 2014, 6:37 am)Dan wrote I'd be surprised if it was still there, Michael.
Probably has found a new home by now, which would explain why I had five faves on the photo yesterday.

Shame, wonder what the engineers found out, about the euro 6 engine Tongue
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I was reading. Story on page 15 in the sun newspaper could anyone tell me what fleet number that Olympian is lookslike that bus has reached the end probs be sold to Alpha now for scrap
Owner of Bella the Cat