You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East - Latest
(04 Jun 2014, 12:43 pm)Racer_Experience wrote I was reading. Story on page 15 in the sun newspaper could anyone tell me what fleet number that Olympian is lookslike that bus has reached the end probs be sold to Alpha now for scrap

See discussion here.

I believe the vehicle was towed back to Stanley depot, where it can still be found now.

Also, Volvo Olympian/Northern Counties Palatine 2 3819 (S819 OFT) has transferred from Percy Main to Stanley depot. No prizes for guessing why, and a good guess on my half predicting this yesterday! Updated the fleet list accordingly. Wink
From what Ive heard the Stanley Travel bus was on the wrong side of the road, something about the driver having some sort of fit, thats what the rumour was anyways, wether its true or not no doubt we will find out.
(04 Jun 2014, 12:43 pm)Racer_Experience wrote I was reading. Story on page 15 in the sun newspaper could anyone tell me what fleet number that Olympian is lookslike that bus has reached the end probs be sold to Alpha now for scrap

3816. I started a discussion on here yesterday but all the posts relating to it have vanished without trace.
(04 Jun 2014, 3:09 pm)Robert wrote 3816. I started a discussion on here yesterday but all the posts relating to it have vanished without trace.

They are on the Bus Incidents Thread in the Off Topic Section of the Site
Site Administrator
(04 Jun 2014, 3:09 pm)Robert wrote 3816. I started a discussion on here yesterday but all the posts relating to it have vanished without trace.

They were moved by Liam. We have a designated thread for discussion on bus incidents following previous complaints made after the discussion took place in the main "Latest" threads - I did link to the post you made (in its new place on the forum) in my reply to Bazza.
(04 Jun 2014, 3:14 pm)Dan wrote They were moved by Liam. We have a designated thread for discussion on bus incidents following previous complaints made after the discussion took place in the main "Latest" threads - I did link to the post you made (in its new place on the forum) in my reply to Bazza.

Sorry my bad Blush

I have posted an update on the drivers conditions based on what the Police said today when they came into St Bedes at Lanchester asking if anybody had any injuries that had not been stated to the Emergency Services.
Site Administrator
DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 8246 has returned to Riverside following repaint, so should be out in service today.

Saltmeadows dragging out 4896's repaint - but I'd inagine that will go back today too.
(05 Jun 2014, 6:19 am)Dan wrote DAF SB120/Wright Cadet 8246 has returned to Riverside following repaint, so should be out in service today.

Saltmeadows dragging out 4896's repaint - but I'd inagine that will go back today too.

Cheers for the update

Does anyone know what will happen to the 2 NEXUS SOLO SR's at Deptford once they loose the 37/73 contract from July as they will only be needed on the a night for the 135/136?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(05 Jun 2014, 8:52 am)Michael wrote Cheers for the update

Does anyone know what will happen to the 2 NEXUS SOLO SR's at Deptford once they loose the 37/73 contract from July as they will only be needed on the a night for the 135/136?

I would say that would depend on whether Go North East end up Gaining some New Nexus Contracts from the likes of Arriva etc over the coming weeks, on the flipside they could lose a few more to GCT for example as they have done already, But if there is some Solo SR's spare come the end of July, I would expect them to go into Corporate Livery.
(05 Jun 2014, 9:25 am)NEBCD Malarkey wrote I would say that would depend on whether Go North East end up Gaining some New Nexus Contracts from the likes of Arriva etc over the coming weeks, on the flipside they could lose a few more to GCT for example as they have done already, But if there is some Solo SR's spare come the end of July, I would expect them to go into Corporate Livery.

How would they gain contracts from Arriva exactly? There are no more tenders until the next batch of contracts are up for renewal (October at a guess?)

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(05 Jun 2014, 11:10 am)Acky81 wrote Whose taking over the 37/73?

Gateshead Central taxis
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(05 Jun 2014, 10:12 am)tyresmoke wrote How would they gain contracts from Arriva exactly? There are no more tenders until the next batch of contracts are up for renewal (October at a guess?)

I see, thought there was still a few more yet to be announced, hence what I said to Michael when was asking about the Solo SR's at Deptford.
(05 Jun 2014, 12:52 pm)Acky81 wrote In Sunderland?? Are they taking all runs

Ye, the 37/73 is now one contract with a PVR of 3 so GNE have lost them.

So from 27th July, GNE will have no NEXUS contracts from Deptford during the day... wonder if they will be used as spares or if they will to a different depot, as i'm sure a versa could used on the 135/136
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(05 Jun 2014, 1:02 pm)Michael wrote Ye, the 37/73 is now one contract with a PVR of 3 so GNE have lost them.

So from 27th July, GNE will have no NEXUS contracts from Deptford during the day... wonder if they will be used as spares or if they will to a different depot, as i'm sure a versa could used on the 135/136

Whilst GCT have also registered services 37/73 on VOSA, do note that CCT submitted a route/timetable change also:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=81&pid=44822#pid44822
(05 Jun 2014, 1:02 pm)Michael wrote Ye, the 37/73 is now one contract with a PVR of 3 so GNE have lost them.

Maybe one could be used on the 27X? It is a Nexus secured service after all?
Re: RE: Top National Bus Driver
(05 Jun 2014, 3:27 pm)Marcus wrote Hi,

Seeing as the National Bus Awards are coming up soon with GNE putting up posters on the notice boards in their vehicles. Any ideas on what this year will be like?

I've already placed my nomination - and I think a few people will all know who she is Big Grin

Shouldn't it be up to the depot/company to nominate someone? It's rare I see the same driver more than once in a blue moon, so I'd be unable to nominate them for the recognition that they perhaps deserve?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(05 Jun 2014, 3:44 pm)BJ10VUS wrote Maybe one could be used on the 27X? It is a Nexus secured service after all?

no as its trail finishes this month
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
RE: Top National Bus Driver
(05 Jun 2014, 4:02 pm)aureolin wrote Shouldn't it be up to the depot/company to nominate someone? It's rare I see the same driver more than once in a blue moon, so I'd be unable to nominate them for the recognition that they perhaps deserve?

I suppose that would be a bit more fair - but then again if an employee really is passionate and worthy then surely a member of the public would nominate them just as likely as their superiors?
Site Administrator
(05 Jun 2014, 4:02 pm)aureolin wrote Shouldn't it be up to the depot/company to nominate someone? It's rare I see the same driver more than once in a blue moon, so I'd be unable to nominate them for the recognition that they perhaps deserve?

I always see my favourite Deptford driver out and about.

She's the one that was on X7s for the first day of service and made up a 15-20 min delay - driving speedily, yet still safely. Very skilled driver.
Talks to passengers and stuff occasionally too.

Saw her on the X36 today.
(05 Jun 2014, 4:13 pm)Dan wrote I always see my favourite Deptford driver out and about.

She's the one that was on X7s for the first day of service and made up a 15-20 min delay - driving speedily, yet still safely. Very skilled driver.
Talks to passengers and stuff occasionally too.

Saw her on the X36 today.

Mine's one of the Leading Drivers so she sometimes doesn't go out on the road that much. She does a lot of cover at Crook - and had been on my scholars while the rest do route learning for the last month. When I told her today that I'd nominated her she was thrilled.
(05 Jun 2014, 3:27 pm)Marcus wrote Hi,

Seeing as the National Bus Awards are coming up soon with GNE putting up posters on the notice boards in their vehicles. Any ideas on what this year will be like?

I've already placed my nomination - and I think a few people will all know who she is Big Grin

Not the FAMOUS Pat Armstrong is it Marcus!!