Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(05 Jun 2014, 8:52 am)Michael wrote Cheers for the update

Does anyone know what will happen to the 2 NEXUS SOLO SR's at Deptford once they loose the 37/73 contract from July as they will only be needed on the a night for the 135/136?
Send them to Crook for the 18... to replace 571 and 572 which are getting tired
RE: Top National Bus Driver
(06 Jun 2014, 3:23 pm)Marcus wrote I think he does deserve a winning price or if not, runner up, at the National Awards - I've got no doubt GNE will award him with something.

Insurance payout and retirement I'd imagine....
(06 Jun 2014, 5:53 pm)gtom wrote Insurance payout and retirement I'd imagine....

Well, i would have thought so. Especially as this is his second accident with the last one a few years ago when a biker went underneath the bus and was killed (not the recent one in Craghead) and now this. However, Paul is now back home and has been interviewed by both BBC and ITV and at the end of the ITV report it said the following: 'He says he has no plans to hang up his bus keys yet and if he has a speedy recovery he could be back behind the wheel in the next few weeks' which can suggest that he will be returning which to me is very brave of him. On one of the reports he said that he was 'Only doing his job' and he was actually embarrassed at all the publicity he was getting from the public for what he had done. Im sure both reports will appear again on Look North and ITV Tyne Tees in the late bulletins tonight.
(06 Jun 2014, 6:41 pm)Robert wrote Well, i would have thought so. Especially as this is his second accident with the last one a few years ago when a biker went underneath the bus and was killed (not the recent one in Craghead) and now this. However, Paul is now back home and has been interviewed by both BBC and ITV and at the end of the ITV report it said the following: 'He says he has no plans to hang up his bus keys yet and if he has a speedy recovery he could be back behind the wheel in the next few weeks' which can suggest that he will be returning which to me is very brave of him. On one of the reports he said that he was 'Only doing his job' and he was actually embarrassed at all the publicity he was getting from the public for what he had done. Im sure both reports will appear again on Look North and ITV Tyne Tees in the late bulletins tonight.

Maybe he'll just start gradually by doing a couple of days a week then become full time after a couple of weeks?
(06 Jun 2014, 6:44 pm)Marcus wrote Maybe he'll just start gradually by doing a couple of days a week then become full time after a couple of weeks?

Again, the more logical way of doing things but, you never know, he might just dive straight back into full time.
(05 Jun 2014, 3:44 pm)BJ10VUS wrote Maybe one could be used on the 27X? It is a Nexus secured service after all?

I think you might be right they could use one on there I was talking to a Saltmeadows driver and she said to me they might be putting a Solo Sr on 7080 on the other hand is next in the repainting shop next week spoke to a driver at Jarrow earlier also saw 4955 on X35 missed photo by minutes oh well nice opportunity to morrow on X36 but here is a question has 6027 transferred to Deptford only I've seen it on. 9 today that was my lift home from Sunderland after meeting my close pal Paul anyhow today I saw 8245 in service on 27 got photos on my own turf as well as Jarrow photos will be uploaded tonight after my trip to Weatherfield (Corronation Street) watch this space for uploads they will be on at least around 9ish
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
Can anyone tell me how all of the Tynedale Links services interwork and which type of bus is used for each service? Thanks, Peter.
Peter,

Svc 74 uses MPDs (apart from 1108 ex Hexham, 1235 ex Newcastle which is booked 8293)
Svc 683 is stand alone using an MPD
SVC 686, first journey uses 8293 generally, others interwork with 74 and 688, using MPDs.
Svc 687 is stand alpne using an MPD
SVC 688, first couple of journeys are with an MPD, then goes onto 0908 74, between 0855 and 1520, booked for 5210 normally, other journeys are MPD.
(08 Jun 2014, 10:25 am)westy3738 wrote Peter,

Svc 74 uses MPDs (apart from 1108 ex Hexham, 1235 ex Newcastle which is booked 8293)
SVC 686, first journey uses 8293 generally, others interwork with 74 and 688, using MPDs.
SVC 688, first couple of journeys are with an MPD, then goes onto 0908 74, between 0855 and 1520, booked for 5210 normally, other journeys are MPD.

As well as this, a Tynedale Links MPD operates the Sunday journeys on the X84, before/after running on to the 74A to/from Matfen. That's why the journey times are funny.
(08 Jun 2014, 10:25 am)westy3738 wrote Peter,

(08 Jun 2014, 11:04 am)BJ10VUS wrote As well as this, a Tynedale Links MPD operates the Sunday journeys on the X84, before/after running on to the 74A to/from Matfen. That's why the journey times are funny.

Thanks for the info!
I didn't realise that there were any X84s on Sundays.
Just looked at the timetable - I suppose that they are feeder runs for the 74A?
(08 Jun 2014, 2:19 pm)G-CPTN wrote I didn't realise that there were any X84s on Sundays.
Just looked at the timetable - I suppose that they are feeder runs for the 74A?

Yeah, have been running since the beginning.
Several 'characters' from here, spammed the GNE fb page, querying the advertised WiFi and checking that it would be available on the mpd.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(08 Jun 2014, 3:08 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Yeah, have been running since the beginning.
Several 'characters' from here, spammed the GNE fb page, querying the advertised WiFi and checking that it would be available on the mpd.

Don't! You'll get NEBCD Malarkey back on the case again!
(08 Jun 2014, 3:14 pm)Dan wrote Don't! You'll get NEBCD Malarkey back on the case again!

It's all good Dan, I had a 4G Connection on 8252 and a Connection to Moovbox on Friday Evening on the M3, Much to my Suprise.
(08 Jun 2014, 3:14 pm)Dan wrote Don't! You'll get NEBCD Malarkey back on the case again!

NEBCD Malarkey seems to be off the boil today Wink
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Just seen an MPD operating service 684 (that's what the destination blind showed) running through Corbridge circa 17:20 (on time!) - obviously on the back stretch to Hexham.
(08 Jun 2014, 3:28 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote It's all good Dan, I had a 4G Connection on 8252 and a Connection to Moovbox on Friday Evening on the M3, Much to my Suprise.

Don't get me started on GNE WiFi after yesterday. Sad
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(08 Jun 2014, 4:56 pm)aureolin wrote Don't get me started on GNE WiFi after yesterday. Sad

Which vehicles were the offenders yesterday then? Tongue
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(08 Jun 2014, 5:09 pm)Marcus wrote Everytime I've tried to use Wi-Fi on 6056-6070 - none of them have worked. I mean - that's assuming you don't need a password to access it.....

Odd. I have managed to use the WiFi on the Angel fine the majority of the time - faced more problems recently than before, I must admit.

Was glad that the WiFi on the Red Arrows was working on every vehicle when I was at Houghton last week. Given that my Internet wasn't working, having a WiFi source available was brilliant.