You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
With the PVR on the 21 could be worth investing in a few extra deckers, noticed these on Ensign, although I'm sure the Hybrids wont stay on the 21 forever even 2 of these could ease the pressure.

Although would it be worth the investment.

http://www.ensignbus.com/2009-wrights-hybrid.html

I used to use the 21 every so often however never encountered the B7s, whats the difference with these in terms of comfort etc, Is it noticeable that they aren't Hybrids, excluding the outside visually.
(09 Jun 2014, 11:49 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote With the PVR on the 21 could be worth investing in a few extra deckers, noticed these on Ensign, although I'm sure the Hybrids wont stay on the 21 forever even 2 of these could ease the pressure.

I used to use the 21 every so often however never encountered the B7s, whats the difference with these in terms of comfort etc, Is it noticeable that they aren't Hybrids, excluding the outside visually.

Looks like a VDL DB300 Wright Gemini to me, although this Vehicle is a 09reg, that could been the Bodywork of the B5TLs then
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(09 Jun 2014, 9:12 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote I have a funny feeling that it hasn't been incorrectly recorded this time round by VOSA, as 8306-09 and 8319 are still yet be Branded as Simplicity as everyone thinks will happen eventually, and if they were to be Branded Simplicity then it should of happened Months ago, Not 9 Months after the first Vehicle was Repainted.

I don't think there's any plans for 8306-09 and 8319 to be used on The Orbit.
(09 Jun 2014, 11:49 pm)Arcticrossy92 wrote With the PVR on the 21 could be worth investing in a few extra deckers, noticed these on Ensign, although I'm sure the Hybrids wont stay on the 21 forever even 2 of these could ease the pressure.

Apart from the difference in engine noise, there is vast difference in terms of comfort, ride quality and the actual saloon condition.

Not a fan of the b5, but some of the b7's are grim to ride in.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(10 Jun 2014, 9:54 am)northern156 wrote 3979 just overtook the X84 I'm on at Walbottle, Newcastle-bound? Was not in service.

Potentially been to Hexham for maintenance. Does happen every now and again - a recent example I can think of is a Toon Link, which also saw service whilst over at Hexham too.
(10 Jun 2014, 10:14 am)Dan wrote Potentially been to Hexham for maintenance. Does happen every now and again - a recent example I can think of is a Toon Link, which also saw service whilst over at Hexham too.

But it would go straight down the A69 surely? It overtook me at Wallbottle, a small village near Throckley.

I seem to recall it having its school plate down at the back but it was after schools had started.
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
Worth noting that as I believe the morning 265 and evening 887 board at Chester is due to become part of the 'amalgamation', one of Chester's Unit 2 drivers was on the 887 tonight - not sure if he was route learning, but I belive all of Chester's drivers used to do scholars anyway before the 'Units' began - so he may have just been covering. There wasn't anybody else who knew the route standing with him - I'll see tomorrow to check if it is just another random driver.
Just following on from Saturday's WiFi rant, it's worth mentioning that the angel I'm on at present has working WiFi. Id love to tell you all which one, but seeing that the fleet number isn't visible from within the bus, I can't Sad obviously this is handy if you ever need to report an incident in progress.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(10 Jun 2014, 3:29 pm)aureolin wrote Just following on from Saturday's WiFi rant, it's worth mentioning that the angel I'm on at present has working WiFi. Id love to tell you all which one, but seeing that the fleet number isn't visible from within the bus, I can't Sad obviously this is handy if you ever need to report an incident in progress.

Can you not see one of the CCTV screens? They all (should) have the fleet number visible when it is showing CCTV from around the bus.
(10 Jun 2014, 3:07 pm)Marcus wrote Worth noting that as I believe the morning 265 and evening 887 board at Chester is due to become part of the 'amalgamation', one of Chester's Unit 2 drivers was on the 887 tonight - not sure if he was route learning, but I belive all of Chester's drivers used to do scholars anyway before the 'Units' began - so he may have just been covering. There wasn't anybody else who knew the route standing with him - I'll see tomorrow to check if it is just another random driver.

It does indeed become part of the 4 day week rota. The 265 will be operated by the general 5 day rota during school holidays.
(10 Jun 2014, 3:30 pm)Dan wrote Can you not see one of the CCTV screens? They all (should) have the fleet number visible when it is showing CCTV from around the bus.

Angel rarely has CCTV on now, its just next stop info all the time.

Have to say I've never had a wifi problem aside vehicle subs on the Angel. Always been spot on.
Site Administrator
(10 Jun 2014, 6:41 pm)gtom wrote Angel rarely has CCTV on now, its just next stop info all the time.

Have to say I've never had a wifi problem aside vehicle subs on the Angel. Always been spot on.

The Angels may be different then, perhaps?

I know there's definitely some that alternate between CCTV and advertisements. Another screen for Next Stop Announcements?
(10 Jun 2014, 6:56 pm)Dan wrote The Angels may be different then, perhaps?

I know there's definitely some that alternate between CCTV and advertisements. Another screen for Next Stop Announcements?

Sometimes on the one I get to school the CCTV screen just shows the 'SONY' symbol. I would assume this is because it come straight out of the depot and hasn't yet loaded. On the rare occasion that I get the 21 back home - the screen is always showing what the cameras are picking up.
(10 Jun 2014, 3:30 pm)Dan wrote Can you not see one of the CCTV screens? They all (should) have the fleet number visible when it is showing CCTV from around the bus.

I know what you mean, but unfortunately the screen was off. I was sitting at the back anyway so wouldn't have been much use.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Any one know why haymarket bus station is closed, seen a post on fb it will be closed all night
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(10 Jun 2014, 9:03 pm)Michael wrote Jesus thats scary Undecided

Certainly pretty worrying, although thankfully it doesn't seem to have been too serious at the moment. There's been an Arriva service update on Facebook, but nothing for Go North East? I'm assuming the 309 and 310 will be departing from St Mary's Place, but I'm not sure about what the Q2 is going to do?
Site Administrator
(11 Jun 2014, 6:21 am)Michael wrote is it the day rover ticket again, which you can use on both metro and bus?

Yup - only in T&W.
(11 Jun 2014, 6:24 am)Dan wrote Yup - only in T&W.

Thanks, thought it was, just checking as its for my brother =)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
Go North East currently have a new style Enviro 400 sitting in Riverside depot.
Expect it'll only be here for the day - and serve a similar purpose to the Citaro K.
Site Administrator
(11 Jun 2014, 10:10 am)Dan wrote Go North East currently have a new style Enviro 400 sitting in Riverside depot.
Expect it'll only be here for the day - and serve a similar purpose to the Citaro K.

To provide an update - it has already gone, after 3 hours of being here.
(10 Jun 2014, 3:29 pm)aureolin wrote Just following on from Saturday's WiFi rant, it's worth mentioning that the angel I'm on at present has working WiFi. Id love to tell you all which one, but seeing that the fleet number isn't visible from within the bus, I can't Sad obviously this is handy if you ever need to report an incident in progress.

Interesting you mention the lack of fleet numbers.
Noticed it a few times on different vehicles - earlier this week, I noted 5213 has had its fleet number scribbled in red pen onto the panelling between the clock and drivers cctv monitor.
The cctv screen for passengers, is next to useless too, with distorted images on each camera view.
Site Administrator
(11 Jun 2014, 11:58 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Interesting you mention the lack of fleet numbers.
Noticed it a few times on different vehicles - earlier this week, I noted 5213 has had its fleet number scribbled in red pen onto the panelling between the clock and drivers cctv monitor.
The cctv screen for passengers, is next to useless too, with distorted images on each camera view.

On which vehicle(s)? Just 5213 or not?

I am aware that the CCTV screens on the X66 Mercs have this issue, but the majority of vehicles in the fleet don't have any issues.
I can confirm that all of the SimpliCity Versas work like a charm, and indeed the one I was on this morning had all of the information (I.e fleet numbers) on the screen underneath the CCTV images. Believe all of the Whey Aye Omnis are fine too, in addition to the Loop Scanias and Deptford's ex Fab56 Scanias.
(11 Jun 2014, 12:13 pm)Dan wrote On which vehicle(s)? Just 5213 or not?

I am aware that the CCTV screens on the X66 Mercs have this issue, but the majority of vehicles in the fleet don't have any issues.
I can confirm that all of the SimpliCity Versas work like a charm, and indeed the one I was on this morning had all of the information (I.e fleet numbers) on the screen underneath the CCTV images. Believe all of the Whey Aye Omnis are fine too, in addition to the Loop Scanias and Deptford's ex Fab56 Scanias.

There was 5213 as mentioned and several others, across the fleet over time too.
I have been on the x1 branded Gemini's several times, that have just had the DOS start up screen on display.
A 56 screen was blank on one of the few journeys I have used on the new vehicles and many Solars too.
I won't touch on the gprs/next stop announcements which are out of kilter either.

Tended to not make a note of vehicle as it has been such a regular occurrence (nowt to do with vanishing fleet numbers) over a period of time - I assumed (maybe wrongly), that they were doing away with them, they were next in the queue behind WiFi to be fixed Wink or replacement screens were being sourced.