You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions
(23 Jun 2014, 7:09 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote In total agreement with you and others on this.

Granted the x46 is just two runs a day, but it still forms part of a board (which if the vehicles are purchased) the b5 will be used on.
It seems pointless evaluating the vehicle for part of the route, but not all.

It may be a roaring success on the x21, but the runs on the x46 may kill it.

The only logical reason I can think of as to why it wont be used on the x46 - is that it is being kept away from prying eyes and as a result, is being stabled overnight at Chester.

On a different note: If manufacturers are going down the route and offering this underpowered type of engine, schedulers may have to add more running time into timetables.
Under the pretence that traffic is to blame Wink

Can't see what the fuss regarding the B5 and 9131 working a X46 is. The X46 is merely a positioning journey that is slackly timed and doesn't carry a great deal of passengers. The boards that work X46s actually have some of the busiest X21 journeys, and I think when evaluating a vehicle you need it on busy runs?!
Site Administrator
(24 Jun 2014, 9:08 pm)RGR756V wrote Can't see what the fuss regarding the B5 and 9131 working a X46 is. The X46 is merely a positioning journey that is slackly timed and doesn't carry a great deal of passengers. The boards that work X46s actually have some of the busiest X21 journeys, and I think when evaluating a vehicle you need it on busy runs?!

You'll find out in a few days, when it arrives at Crook.

The board which 9131 will be working has now been set (shock - not one which works onto an X46), and I'd imagine you'll have been informed of which one this is already?
(24 Jun 2014, 9:10 pm)Dan wrote You'll find out in a few days, when it arrives at Crook.

The board which 9131 will be working has now been set, and I'd imagine you'll have been informed of which one this is already?

Indeed - because I will have the job of allocating it
Site Administrator
(24 Jun 2014, 9:12 pm)RGR756V wrote Indeed - because I will have the job of allocating it

Surprised you haven't been told why you can't allocate it to two boards already.........
(24 Jun 2014, 9:10 pm)Dan wrote You'll find out in a few days.

When's it being transferred again? Is it tomorrow or Thursday?

I agree with RGR756V, but from where I stand the X46 really just seems to be a bit of an extra service so not all buses are running light from the depot, and a bit of profit can be made from having an extra couple of journeys.
(24 Jun 2014, 9:10 pm)Dan wrote You'll find out in a few days, when it arrives at Crook.

The board which 9131 will be working has now been set (shock - not one which works onto an X46), and I'd imagine you'll have been informed of which one this is already?

Currently on my holidays.....so I'm looking forward to my briefing from my manager as to which board 9131 will be restricted to!
Site Administrator
Re: RE: 2014 GNE Bus Order Predictions
(24 Jun 2014, 9:13 pm)Marcus wrote When's it being transferred again? Is it tomorrow or Thursday?

I agree with RGR756V, but from where I stand the X46 really just seems to be a bit of an extra service so not all buses are running light from the depot, and a bit of profit can be made from having an extra couple of journeys.
Was originally due to depart Riverside tomorrow.
(24 Jun 2014, 9:08 pm)RGR756V wrote Can't see what the fuss regarding the B5 and 9131 working a X46 is. The X46 is merely a positioning journey that is slackly timed and doesn't carry a great deal of passengers. The boards that work X46s actually have some of the busiest X21 journeys, and I think when evaluating a vehicle you need it on busy runs?!

Surely you want to see how it performs on each and every aspect of however many boards there are?
Can it keep to time on a busy x21 and still perform (and maintain time) on an x46? Regardless of how many passengers it carries?

There is only one way to find out.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(24 Jun 2014, 9:32 pm)Marcus wrote Based in Bishop Bus Stn?

Start at Crook to supervise the run-out of buses then actually do a few hours driving on the 18 before returning to Crook to undertake office-based duties
(25 Jun 2014, 6:24 am)RGR756V wrote Start at Crook to supervise the run-out of buses then actually do a few hours driving on the 18 before returning to Crook to undertake office-based duties

I see - I was told by Pat Armstrong that the 18 isn't nice to drive. What would you say?
Do you guys think that there will be any double deck orders this year? I don't think so myself and I don't think there will be for a while unless GNE order the MMC or Volvo have an 8 litre option.
(28 Jun 2014, 12:11 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Do you guys think that there will be any double deck orders this year? I don't think so myself and I don't think there will be for a while unless GNE order the MMC or Volvo have an 8 litre option.

There is only the Laser, Prince Bishops and Pronto which are Viable for Double Deckers in my Opinion, I do think the Laser will get an Upgrade This Year, which would allow the Citaros to go onto the 20 and the Solars off Both Routes going into Corporate Livery, As for the Pronto it will get Deckers, it a case of what Vehicle Type it'll get and I doubt it'll be the B5TL.
(28 Jun 2014, 12:18 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote There is only the Laser, Prince Bishops and Pronto which are Viable for Double Deckers in my Opinion, I do think the Laser will get an Upgrade This Year, which would allow the Citaros to go onto the 20 and the Solars off Both Routes going into Corporate Livery, As for the Pronto it will get Deckers, it a case of what Vehicle Type it'll get and I doubt it'll be the B5TL.

I think that was the idea anyway if the Laser got new buses but as we all say... things can change.

I agree with you on the X21, Don't think it will get the B5TL.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Jul 2014, 12:21 pm)Tom wrote If Citaros were ordered for the Lime, would they be the same spec as the B9TLs?

I would imagine GNE will get everything the same for the lime as the FAB 56 etc
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(25 Jul 2014, 12:23 pm)Michael wrote I would imagine GNE will get everything the same for the lime as the FAB 56 etc
I'm not sure on that one. The power sockets have never been fitted to Mercs before - it seems to be a very Wrights-orientated feature.

Will definitely have Wi-Fi.
(25 Jul 2014, 12:27 pm)Dan wrote I'm not sure on that one. The power sockets have never been fitted to Mercs before - it seems to be a very Wrights-orientated feature.

Will definitely have Wi-Fi.

That's true, i hope they have ask to see if they can be fitted, if not fair enough but i would think they would like them fitted due to it being a LONG route...

GNE might go for a Volvo single decker instead of a citaro
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Jul 2014, 12:30 pm)Michael wrote That's true, i hope they have ask to see if they can be fitted, if not fair enough but i would think they would like them fitted due to it being a LONG route...

That's a good idea - Id like to see that.
Is the 8/78 busy from Sunderland? they always seem quite quiet to me.
Site Administrator
(25 Jul 2014, 12:33 pm)Tom wrote That's a good idea - Id like to see that.
We're still yet to see a Volvo B8RLE hit the market... No chance of getting one of those; it'll either be a Versa or a Merc, and logic dictates only one of those is suitable.
(25 Jul 2014, 12:30 pm)Michael wrote That's true, i hope they have ask to see if they can be fitted, if not fair enough but i would think they would like them fitted due to it being a LONG route...

Maybe it'd work just listing the key stops? I personally think the ones on the 4 are too much and start to get irritating.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

I was on the 8/78 yesterday and both were quite busy, was at about 9:25am and 3:30pm
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Jul 2014, 12:35 pm)Dan wrote We're still yet to see a Volvo B8RLE hit the market... No chance of getting one of those; it'll either be a Versa or a Merc, and logic dictates only one of those is suitable.

I like the merc's, not sure i would want the Lime brand to be retained.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Jul 2014, 12:37 pm)Michael wrote I like the merc's, not sure i would want the Lime brand to be retained.

Really? I think the lime branding would look rather smart on a Citaro...
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

I use the Limes practically everyday - so I'll just give you my opinion. (warning - very long)

So, on an early morning, naturally each service from Sunderland, and Stanley and Consett is taken up with commuters.

In the late morning with the 78, when folk are going out to the shops etc, it's a bit like Service 71 coming in from Houghton, that service picks up in Houghton and people get off to shop in Fencehouses, while most on the way to Chester get on in Lumley, to shop in Chester. For me, it seems like people get on in Sunderland, and along the way, to Shiney Row, to do their shopping there. Most people coming in to Chester on the 78 catch it from Shiney, Bournmoor, Woodstone and Lumley.

As for the 8, coming in from Sunderland, most people, when it gets to Chester, get off in Chester, and very few carry on in the direction of Stanley, unless they've come from there and gone to the Galleries (or something).
(25 Jul 2014, 12:39 pm)aureolin wrote Really? I think the lime branding would look rather smart on a Citaro...

i have a feeling it will be dropped because its being the same name since it was launched in 2007.

When was the last "big" changes to the Lime?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.