You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Site Administrator
Re: RE: Weardale
(08 Jun 2014, 1:14 pm)BUSFAN wrote Weardale have been getting a 14 plate Mercedes Coach and i have been told a 11 plate three Axle Plaxton\Volvo from Logans Coaches.

Merc is YX14EFK
RE: Weardale
Looks like Weardale have been buying at least one Double Decker from Lothian as when i passed one is parked at Crook did not get the reg as was driving at the time.
(27 Jun 2014, 6:56 pm)BUSFAN wrote Looks like Weardale have been buying at least one Double Decker from Lothian as when i passed one is parked at Crook did not get the reg as was driving at the time.

This will be B5TL Demonstrator BF63 HDC which is on loan to Go North East for trial on Service X21.
Site Administrator
(23 Jun 2014, 7:06 pm)BUSFAN wrote Weardale have a MCV evolution in use not sure if its a demo or they have bought it.

Saw this today. Had 'Weardale' on the destination display with the destination details in a small font on a piece of paper attached to the windscreen. Not ideal.
On VOSA today.

PB0002406/42 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Variation Accepted: Operating between ELSWICK , GLOUCESTER ROAD and WEST JESMOND PRIMARY given service number 112 effective from 01-Sep-2014. To amend Route.

PB0002406/50 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: DERWNTWATER ROAD/SYDNEY GROVE
Finish Point: JOSEPH SWAN ACADEMY
Via:
Service Number: SCH 866
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 01-SEP-2014
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY SCHOOL DAYS ONLY

PB0002406/51 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: CARDINAL HUME RC SCHOOL
Finish Point: FELLING SQUARE
Via:
Service Number: SCH 880
Other Details: MONDAY TO THURSDAY SCHOOL DAYS ONLY

PB0002406/52 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: BLACKHALL MILL, MILL RACE
Finish Point: ST THOMAS MORE SCHOOL
Via:
Service Number: SCH 854

PB0002406/53 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: THORP ACADEMY
Finish Point: WINLATON MILL
Via:
Service Number: SCH 875

PB0002406/54 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: CLARA VALE
Finish Point: ST THOMAS MORE RC COMPREHENSIVE
Via:
Service Number: SCH 861

PB0002406/55 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: WALBOTTLE CAMPUS
Finish Point: CHAPEL HOUSE ESTATE
Via:
Service Number: SCH 145

PB0002406/56 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: EXCELSIOR ACADEMY
Finish Point: STANHOPE STREET
Via:
Service Number: SCH 104
Other Details: MONDAY TO THURSDAY SCHOOL DAYS ONLY

PB0002406/57 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Registration Accepted
Finish Point: CHAPEL HOUSE ESTATE
Via:
Service Number: SCH 146
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY SCHOOL DAYS ONLY PM

PB0002406/58 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: TYNE VIEW ( LEMINGTON POST OFFICE)
Finish Point: WALBOTTLE CAMPUS
Via:
Service Number: SCH 143
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY SCHOOL DAYS ONLY AM

PB0002406/59 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: CHOWDENE
Finish Point: ST THOMAS MORE SCHOOL
Via:
Service Number: SCH 843

PB0002406/60 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: ST THOMAS MORE RC COMP SCHOOL
Finish Point: WOODSIDE GREEN GROVE
Via:
Service Number: SCH 891

PB0002406/61 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: JOSEPH SWAN ACADEMY
Finish Point: WREKENTON
Via:
Service Number: SCH 859

PB0002406/62 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Registration Accepted
Finish Point: TWO BALL LONNEN ( ASTER PLACE)
Via:
Service Number: SCH 140

PB0002406/63 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: GREAT PARK WARKWORTH WOODS
Finish Point: SACRED HEART HIGH SCHOOL
Via:
Service Number: SCH 135

PB0002406/64 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: WEST ROAD ( PENDOWER SCH STOP)
Finish Point: KENTON COMPREHENSIVE
Via:
Service Number: SCH 110

PB0002406/65 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: WINLATON BUS STATINO
Finish Point: TEAM VALLEY TRADING ESTATE ( SOUTH)
Via:
Service Number: 933
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY ONE RUN AM AND ONE RUN PM
(28 Jun 2014, 10:10 pm)Dan wrote Saw this today. Had 'Weardale' on the destination display with the destination details in a small font on a piece of paper attached to the windscreen. Not ideal.

Saw the MCV Evolution at Bishop Auckland today on service 101. Worth noting that the destination display now shows full route details instead of simply 'Weardale'.
I have noticed that the Crook Depot seems to be a lot emptier these days as a lot of the Deckers seem to have gone and i noticed one of the ECW bodied ones is now parked on the land where the garage was a Frosterley
(28 Jul 2014, 6:03 pm)peter wrote Saw the MCV Evolution at Bishop Auckland today on service 101. Worth noting that the destination display now shows full route details instead of simply 'Weardale'.

This is YJ60GGF which I believe Weardale have bought, a different vehicle from the one that was there as a demonstrator (for which I can't find reg no.)
(02 Aug 2014, 7:40 am)Greg in Weardale wrote This is YJ60GGF which I believe Weardale have bought, a different vehicle from the one that was there as a demonstrator (for which I can't find reg no.)

Any idea if the the MCV has been bought to replace one of the MAN Meridians or just another addition to the fleet.
(02 Aug 2014, 12:00 pm)BUSFAN wrote Any idea if the the MCV has been bought to replace one of the MAN Meridians or just another addition to the fleet.

I hope it won't replace either of the MAN Meridians W6/W666 WMS as they're lovely vehicles, both to drive and ride on as a passenger. At the moment they seem to be using YJ60 as they used to use the large Solo GO03 WMS (before it went off to Consett to do Nexus schools a couple of years ago) ie on Stanhope - Bishop Auckland route between 9am - 3pm on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays (and all day on non schooldays) when loadings are lighter. With Tuesdays traditionally being Crook market day and Thursdays market in Bishop, loadings are heavier as people still seem to travel more then, even though Bishop market only has three stalls on a good day. Although I don't know that the saving in fuel consumption between the MAN's and the Evolution would be as much as with the Solo, which is why they used to substitute the Solo for an MAN. They could also probably get away with using the new bus when a Meridian is off for maintenance; recently they've had to substitute a Trident decker which isn't popular with the old dears as there aren't many seats downstairs. The other day they used the MCV up dale on the backshift (5pm Stanhope to Bishop, 6pm back to Cowshill, 7.15pm Cowshill to Crook and 8.10 to Stanhope, then LT to Bishop most days to bring Bingo biddies home via Willington and Tow Law), usually a smaller Solo, or even the Bluebird - now that is an awful bus.
(02 Aug 2014, 2:54 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote I hope it won't replace either of the MAN Meridians W6/W666 WMS as they're lovely vehicles, both to drive and ride on as a passenger. At the moment they seem to be using YJ60 as they used to use the large Solo GO03 WMS (before it went off to Consett to do Nexus schools a couple of years ago) ie on Stanhope - Bishop Auckland route between 9am - 3pm on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays (and all day on non schooldays) when loadings are lighter. With Tuesdays traditionally being Crook market day and Thursdays market in Bishop, loadings are heavier as people still seem to travel more then, even though Bishop market only has three stalls on a good day. Although I don't know that the saving in fuel consumption between the MAN's and the Evolution would be as much as with the Solo, which is why they used to substitute the Solo for an MAN. They could also probably get away with using the new bus when a Meridian is off for maintenance; recently they've had to substitute a Trident decker which isn't popular with the old dears as there aren't many seats downstairs. The other day they used the MCV up dale on the backshift (5pm Stanhope to Bishop, 6pm back to Cowshill, 7.15pm Cowshill to Crook and 8.10 to Stanhope, then LT to Bishop most days to bring Bingo biddies home via Willington and Tow Law), usually a smaller Solo, or even the Bluebird - now that is an awful bus.
I can still recall when the Bingo run used be done by a Leopard and on the 101 Stanhope to Bishop AUP 350W a former Nothern via OK Atlantean was used a few time as for GO03 WMS its seems to have a slight bump to the rear and as you say the Bluebird gets used a lot after 5pm on the 101.
(02 Aug 2014, 4:23 pm)BUSFAN wrote I can still recall when the Bingo run used be done by a Leopard and on the 101 Stanhope to Bishop AUP 350W a former Nothern via OK Atlantean was used a few time as for GO03 WMS its seems to have a slight bump to the rear and as you say the Bluebird gets used a lot after 5pm on the 101.

Yes, I've got a colour print of AUP 350W waiting to leave depot on 101 for Bishop. GO03 has had a fair bit of damage to rear in addition to the new Arriva-colour bumper. The new MCV has just gone up dale on 5.45 SO Stanhope to Cowshill and 6.15 back.... normally apart from decker on Cowshill - Wolsingham school run largest bus up here is a Solo, currently Y6 WMS, when not the useless Bluebird, but that's out of action a lot of the time. Incidentally the usual school bus is long (too long to easily turn at Cowshill) Alexander Olympian RIB 6199. Formerly Stagecoach Counties 622, F622 MSL, this had a brief rôle in Keeping Up Appearances, filmed I believe in Northampton, when Hyacinth Bucket's "daddy" runs off to join the Foreign Legion and briefly gets on the bus, then off again when he sees a woman to follow.
(02 Aug 2014, 5:53 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote Yes, I've got a colour print of AUP 350W waiting to leave depot on 101 for Bishop. GO03 has had a fair bit of damage to rear in addition to the new Arriva-colour bumper. The new MCV has just gone up dale on 5.45 SO Stanhope to Cowshill and 6.15 back.... normally apart from decker on Cowshill - Wolsingham school run largest bus up here is a Solo, currently Y6 WMS, when not the useless Bluebird, but that's out of action a lot of the time. Incidentally the usual school bus is long (too long to easily turn at Cowshill) Alexander Olympian RIB 6199. Formerly Stagecoach Counties 622, F622 MSL, this had a brief rôle in Keeping Up Appearances, filmed I believe in Northampton, when Hyacinth Bucket's "daddy" runs off to join the Foreign Legion and briefly gets on the bus, then off again when he sees a woman to follow.
RIB 6199 was one of the three Stagecoach Deckers that arrived in 2006 i seem to recall was D6 WMS also ex stagecoach along with G640 EVV witch was parked up at frosterley for a while before being scrapped i notice there is one of the ECW Deckers now parked at Frosterley and as you say G003 WMS has had quite a bit work done on the rear may i ask do you know if Neoplan MT60 WKA has left the fleet as not seen it for a good while
(02 Aug 2014, 6:29 pm)BUSFAN wrote RIB 6199 was one of the three Stagecoach Deckers that arrived in 2006 i seem to recall was D6 WMS also ex stagecoach along with G640 EVV witch was parked up at frosterley for a while before being scrapped i notice there is one of the ECW Deckers now parked at Frosterley and as you say G003 WMS has had quite a bit work done on the rear may i ask do you know if Neoplan MT60 WKA has left the fleet as not seen it for a good while

C779SFS is parked up at Frosterley. Be nice to have in preservation.
(02 Aug 2014, 6:29 pm)BUSFAN wrote RIB 6199 was one of the three Stagecoach Deckers that arrived in 2006 i seem to recall was D6 WMS also ex stagecoach along with G640 EVV witch was parked up at frosterley for a while before being scrapped i notice there is one of the ECW Deckers now parked at Frosterley and as you say G003 WMS has had quite a bit work done on the rear may i ask do you know if Neoplan MT60 WKA has left the fleet as not seen it for a good while

Sorry, I lose track of the coaches because they're often changed with some only kept for a short time, and also several stay away on tour rarely coming back to the depot for long. Yes D6 WMS and RIB 6199 came from the same United Counties batch, keeping the Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire destination blinds, although I thought G640 EVV came from somewhere else and that stayed in Stagecoach livery as it wasn't used for long.
(02 Aug 2014, 11:18 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote Sorry, I lose track of the coaches because they're often changed with some only kept for a short time, and also several stay away on tour rarely coming back to the depot for long. Yes D6 WMS and RIB 6199 came from the same United Counties batch, keeping the Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire destination blinds, although I thought G640 EVV came from somewhere else and that stayed in Stagecoach livery as it wasn't used for long.

Hi as you say the Coaches come and go that often these days and i also lose track what is in the fleet so wonder where G640 EVV came from i can recall it needed a back axle not long after it cam as was up on jacks outside the Stanhope garage i think it was last used in July 2009 then scrapped in 2010 along with a ECW bodied Decker and a former GNE Decker witch had the reg G18 WMS and was also never painted in to Weardale livery
(03 Aug 2014, 6:36 am)BUSFAN wrote Hi as you say the Coaches come and go that often these days and i also lose track what is in the fleet so wonder where G640 EVV came from i can recall it needed a back axle not long after it cam as was up on jacks outside the Stanhope garage i think it was last used in July 2009 then scrapped in 2010 along with a ECW bodied Decker and a former GNE Decker witch had the reg G18 WMS and was also never painted in to Weardale livery

G16/G18 WMS, short Alexander bodied Olympians, came from Northern where they were 3676/7 G676/7 TCN - G16 had been a Sunderland vehicle and possibly in Wear Buses livery once, don't know about G18. G18 stayed in Northern red/blue whilst at Weardale and was a heap of s**t; I had it up dale on the Cowshill run in winter 2009/10 because they said it was tatty and didn't matter if it got battered in the ice and snow. G16, in Weardale colours, which I had for two years was a lovely bus, my favourite vehicle ever, but then they sent it to Consett. But that's now been scrapped .... I should have bought it for preservation.
(03 Aug 2014, 8:30 am)Greg in Weardale wrote G16/G18 WMS, short Alexander bodied Olympians, came from Northern where they were G376/377 TCN - G16 had been a Sunderland vehicle and possibly in Wear Buses livery once, don't know about G18. G18 stayed in Northern red/blue whilst at Weardale and was a heap of s**t; I had it up dale on the Cowshill run in winter 2009/10 because they said it was tatty and didn't matter if it got battered in the ice and snow. G16, in Weardale colours, which I had for two years was a lovely bus, my favourite vehicle ever, but then they sent it to Consett. But that's now been scrapped .... I should have bought it for preservation.

Used to ride them regularly when they were new on the Gateshead Durham Road services.
They were swapped with Metrobuses and ended up on the West Gateshead services, regularly doing cross Gateshead (hills, hills and more hill) runs, which possibly lead to them being knackered.
I knew they had disappeared, but wasn't aware until fairly recently that it was a depot swap.

Can't ever remember them at Sunderland, but that isn't to say they weren't there.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(02 Aug 2014, 8:20 pm)Half Pint wrote C779SFS is parked up at Frosterley. Be nice to have in preservation.

This was one of the four Weardale bought in 2004 i wonder if any are still in service when the new school year starts
I've corrected the old fleet/reg numbers - G16 WMS was Northern fleet number 3676 reg G676 TCN and G18 WMS was 3677, G677 TCN. G16/3676 had a Sunderland area destination blind which remained whilst at Weardale, a green used ticket box and traces of green paint under scratches around bumper area (not me, guv) and someone once told me they thought it may have been a Wear Buses vehicle, which is why I looked for green or grey paint (sad!!). I've got a photo of it in red and cream showing 98 Whickham. Also got photo of G18/3677 in Go Gateshead red and blue.