You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Service Suggestions

Go North East: Service Suggestions

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions
(24 Jul 2014, 9:52 pm)V514DFT wrote cus i can and dont need to answer to you

Well it's the most idiotic thing I've heard.
(24 Jul 2014, 9:57 pm)V514DFT wrote and your the biggest prat on this forum

Thanks - I appreciate that! Tongue
(24 Jul 2014, 9:52 pm)V514DFT wrote cus i can and dont need to answer to you

No need to be Attitudinal in your Response to Tom at all whatsoever, he asked a simple straight forward question in a polite manner, with the opportunity to create a Discussion in regards to your Suggestion, Likewise with other Topics on the Forum.
Mod Note: Ok some suggestions you may not agree with but please stop with the personal insults

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(24 Jul 2014, 10:04 pm)tyresmoke wrote Mod Note: Ok some suggestions you may not agree with but please stop with the personal insults

You know what then, I won't bother replying to him anymore as I only asked him a bloody question!
Back on Topic I have a Suggestion for the Coaster Services.

*New Service*
1B - Whitley Bay - Marsden - Tynemouth - North Shields - Hawkey's Lane - Billy Mill - Coast Road - Newcastle - Gateshead Interchange - Q.E. Hospital - Wrekenton
(24 Jul 2014, 9:30 pm)col87 wrote Would this work as a service for the summer S1 Seaham-Peterlee-Horden-Crimden-Hart Station-Hartlepool Headland-Hartlepool Interchange-Seaton Carew S2 Sedgefield-Trimdons-Hartlepool Headland-Seaton Carew

I don't think summer services to seaside resorts are a good idea these days, especially in local areas which are already accessible by bus. Also passenger numbers would be dependent on weather, for example the Arriva X60/X61 passenger numbers were low when the weather was bad.
(24 Jul 2014, 10:46 pm)Jimmi wrote I don't think summer services to seaside resorts are a good idea these days, especially in local areas which are already accessible by bus. Also passenger numbers would be dependent on weather, for example the Arriva X60/X61 passenger numbers were low when the weather was bad.
Fair point about relieing on weather been nice but if done right it could bring in decent money I would look to local bussness to sponsor the services with busses only used on them two services
(24 Jul 2014, 10:26 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Back on Topic I have a Suggestion for the Coaster Services.

*New Service*
1B - Whitley Bay - Marsden - Tynemouth - North Shields - Hawkey's Lane - Billy Mill - Coast Road - Newcastle - Gateshead Interchange - Q.E. Hospital - Wrekenton

Terminate the short Coasters in Whitley Bay Town Centre and have them interworking with the following. Through fares accepted:

- Service X38 operating every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime calling at Whitley Bay - North Tyneside Hospital - Billy Mill then limited stop to Newcastle Civic Centre, St Mary's and Haymarket only calling at Willington Sqaure. New day and weekly saver introduced allowing travel on the X38 between Marden (1) and Newcastle as well as all Cobalt Clipper services. The Cobalt Clipper savers would still remain but slightly cheaper due to not allowing use on the X38. This would also resinstate a faster link between Marden and Newcastle after the 44 was withdrawn.
And, it wouldn't take passengers away from the 309 and infact, it would help passenger numbers. Take this for example. Someone misses the X38 in the Town and unless they wait half an hour and they've got a GNE ticket, they have to get the 309 unless they want to pay out extra. Therefore, passengers would also know that the 309 doesn't take that long to and from Newcastle compared to the other frequent service despite the fact that it doesn't go down the "motorway".
(25 Jul 2014, 6:09 am)DaveyBowyer wrote Terminate the short Coasters in Whitley Bay Town Centre and have them interworking with the following. Through fares accepted:

- Service X38 operating every 30 minutes Monday to Saturday daytime calling at Whitley Bay - North Tyneside Hospital - Billy Mill then limited stop to Newcastle Civic Centre, St Mary's and Haymarket only calling at Willington Sqaure. New day and weekly saver introduced allowing travel on the X38 between Marden (1) and Newcastle as well as all Cobalt Clipper services. The Cobalt Clipper savers would still remain but slightly cheaper due to not allowing use on the X38. This would also resinstate a faster link between Marden and Newcastle after the 44 was withdrawn.

The aim of my idea was to provide a Quicker Service between Wrekenton and Whitley Bay as it currently takes 112 Minutes (Almost 2 Hours) to go from A to B. Between Newcastle and Whitley Bay it takes 80 Minutes (1 Hour 20 Minutes) where as the Arriva 306 takes 62 Minutes.
Service 71:
Chester le Street: 45
Houghton-le-Sp: 15
Seaham Brydon Pl: 34

Service 265:
Seaham Brydon Pl: 40
Dalton Park: 55
Durham City: 36

Service 265:
Durham City: 45
Dalton Park: 24
Seaham Brydon Pl: 39

Service 71:
Seaham Brydon Pl: 45
Houghton-le-Sp: 07
Chester-le-Street: 34

Services 204 and 208 would remain the same.

Service 202 would be operated by Deptford extending to Sunderland replacing the 238.
(25 Jul 2014, 4:52 pm)benambro wrote Probably been mentioned but the X10 should go into Peterlee Bus station at peak times to ease pressure on the X9.

Diverting the X10 at peak times will only add more running time for X10, peak times in Peterlee area can be costly on the timetable, especially along Burnhope Way section just prefer Peterlee bus station and also congestion along Wessington Way and also trying to get out of Peterlee bus station itself and to get through the lights after peterlee bus station if cars, lorries, taxis etc... are not willing to stop.

(25 Jul 2014, 4:26 pm)Tom wrote Service 71:
Chester le Street: 45
Houghton-le-Sp: 15
Seaham Brydon Pl: 34

Service 265:
Seaham Brydon Pl: 40
Dalton Park: 55
Durham City: 36

Service 265:
Durham City: 45
Dalton Park: 24
Seaham Brydon Pl: 39

Service 71:
Seaham Brydon Pl: 45
Houghton-le-Sp: 07
Chester-le-Street: 34

Services 204 and 208 would remain the same.

Service 202 would be operated by Deptford extending to Sunderland replacing the 238.

what happens when their is a hold up in either Chester-Le-Street or durham, which will have a knock on effect onto the other service, especially if their is a promotion going on at Dalton Park and the roads nearby are jammed up.

GNE have no reason to alter the East Durham Branded services for the time being, only problem is reliability issues and need new buses.

I would like to see GNE operate some special summer services during 6 weeks as with kids been off, scholars buses (such as all the Olympians at Stanley, Percy Main tridents etc.) aren't needed they could be used on special services.

Suggestions
401: Sunderland-Roker-Seaburn-Whitburn (idea been so then connections can be made at Sunderland Interchange to various locations) Maybe 30 Mins service daytimes,
402: Seaham-Easington-Horden-Hartlepool-Seaton Carew (this one would a more localised service, but operate maybe 3-4 journey a day rather than regular service)
403: Newcastle-Gateshead-Beamish (Express bus running maybe every 30 minutes, train/bus/metro connections, some would argue bus links in place but express would presided travel)
404: Durham-Rail Station-Adventure Valley-Diggerland (Express bus to these attractions, bus/train connections)

These could be trialed.
(25 Jul 2014, 11:11 pm)Drifter60 wrote I would like to see GNE operate some special summer services during 6 weeks as with kids been off, scholars buses (such as all the Olympians at Stanley, Percy Main tridents etc.) aren't needed they could be used on special services.

Suggestions
401: Sunderland-Roker-Seaburn-Whitburn (idea been so then connections can be made at Sunderland Interchange to various locations) Maybe 30 Mins service daytimes,
402: Seaham-Easington-Horden-Hartlepool-Seaton Carew (this one would a more localised service, but operate maybe 3-4 journey a day rather than regular service)
403: Newcastle-Gateshead-Beamish (Express bus running maybe every 30 minutes, train/bus/metro connections, some would argue bus links in place but express would presided travel)
404: Durham-Rail Station-Adventure Valley-Diggerland (Express bus to these attractions, bus/train connections)

These could be trialed.

I reckon that would be popular with the little kids - to them the idea of getting a double decker bus there would be a bonus!
i like the X38 idea,
my 1B would operate from durham road as follows
Church Road-Old Durham Road(providing another link to Q.E Hospital),into Wrekenton then proceed via Rockcliffe Way-A1231-B1288 into Birtley,proceed along Durham Road-Edward Road where it would terminate,continue back to Whitley Bay via Mary Avenue-Windsor Road back on to Durham Road and onto its above route but reversed.
1X Wrekenton-Cobalt
via
Durham Road-Low Fell-Gateshead Interchange-Newcastle City Centre-Manors Metro-Byker-Fossway-Walkergate Metro-Appletree Gardens-Wallsend Forum-High Street East-Tynemouth Road-Churchill Street-Middle Engine Lane-Silver Fox Way in the afternoon it would start from Quick Silver Way,similar times as the 58X it would probably require short 1 workings for it to happen,peak times only
(25 Jul 2014, 11:11 pm)Drifter60 wrote I would like to see GNE operate some special summer services during 6 weeks as with kids been off, scholars buses (such as all the Olympians at Stanley, Percy Main tridents etc.) aren't needed they could be used on special services.

Suggestions

These could be trialed.

stop nicking my ideas but good ideas. X87 Hartlepool-Blackhall-Horden-Easington-Durham-Adventure Valley. M1 Hartlepool-Billingham-Stockton-Middlesbrough-Guisbrough-Helmsley-Osmotherly.

Suggestions

These could be trialed.

Love the last idea!
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions
(26 Jul 2014, 2:04 am)col87 wrote stop nicking my ideas but good ideas. X87 Hartlepool-Blackhall-Horden-Easington-Durham-Adventure Valley. M1 Hartlepool-Billingham-Stockton-Middlesbrough-Guisbrough-Helmsley-Osmotherly.

Malarkey has competition for Marathons.

That would be better for Arriva to take on rather than Go North East, but the question is would they take it on commercially, if not, how would it be funded, Moorsbus is history iirc and the risk of a run like that would be huge
Site Administrator
(26 Jul 2014, 8:15 am)marxistafozzski wrote Malarkey has competition for Marathons.

That would be better for Arriva to take on rather than Go North East, but the question is would they take it on commercially, if not, how would it be funded, Moorsbus is history iirc and the risk of a run like that would be huge

I ain't even heard of that last place......!
Marxista Fozzski
(26 Jul 2014, 8:16 am)Dan wrote I ain't even heard of that last place......!

Osmotherley is somewhere near Northallerton...

The way col87 has suggested is weird because Osmotherley is before Helmsley by quite a few miles
(26 Jul 2014, 2:04 am)col87 wrote stop nicking my ideas but good ideas. X87 Hartlepool-Blackhall-Horden-Easington-Durham-Adventure Valley. M1 Hartlepool-Billingham-Stockton-Middlesbrough-Guisbrough-Helmsley-Osmotherly.

Doubt that would work if im honest. In my opinion it just seems illogical and the services wouldnt last 2 minutes before changes happen to them or they et withdrawn. During term time, how many people (with kids) do you expect to remain on the bus between any of those points and Adventure Valley? I cant see very many, during school holidays it will reverse (slightly). That is the main reason why i would say the service only needs to run during school holidays or just the summer to even make some money. Plus, Hartlepool already have service 22 which runs via most of those points to Durham, if not all i believe. With your other service, due to the sheer length of the route, im sure it will have to be split somewhere down the line, unless the buses were to be fit with tachographs and again, it would only see major use in the Summer we people can have proper family days out.
Marxista Fozzski
(26 Jul 2014, 8:31 am)Robert wrote Doubt that would work if im honest. In my opinion it just seems illogical and the services wouldnt last 2 minutes before changes happen to them or they et withdrawn. During term time, how many people (with kids) do you expect to remain on the bus between any of those points and Adventure Valley? I cant see very many, during school holidays it will reverse (slightly). That is the main reason why i would say the service only needs to run during school holidays or just the summer to even make some money. Plus, Hartlepool already have service 22 which runs via most of those points to Durham, if not all i believe. With your other service, due to the sheer length of the route, im sure it will have to be split somewhere down the line, unless the buses were to be fit with tachographs and again, it would only see major use in the Summer we people can have proper family days out.

The only difference from col87's suggestion and the 22 is Easington, the 22 goes through Shotton, Thornley and Wingate I think...It has give me an idea

New East Durham Service 240
Hartlepool-Blackhall-Horden-Easington Colliery-Easington Village-Haswell-Haswell Plough-Sherburn-Durham

Modified 202
Seaham-Dawdon-Dalton Park-Murton-E.Lane-Snippersgate-Haswell-Shotton-Peterlee

The 202 idea opens up links to Haswell from Murton, I know the 24 goes from Dalton Park to Haswell, but it does not serve Murton, by going through Shotton it would also open a link direct to the Industrial Estates on the Shotton side of the A19
(26 Jul 2014, 8:46 am)marxistafozzski wrote The only difference from col87's suggestion and the 22 is Easington, the 22 goes through Shotton, Thornley and Wingate I think...It has give me an idea

New East Durham Service 240
Hartlepool-Blackhall-Horden-Easington Colliery-Easington Village-Haswell-Haswell Plough-Sherburn-Durham

Modified 202
Seaham-Dawdon-Dalton Park-Murton-E.Lane-Snippersgate-Haswell-Shotton-Peterlee

Haswell area is Arriva's turf, all those areas that's listed for the 240 is well served by Arriva, GNE are not going to enter that service to compete with Arriva, Arriva will run GNE into the ground, Arriva is a massive operator than GNE. Wink

Marxista Fozzski
(26 Jul 2014, 9:18 am)cbma06 wrote Haswell area is Arriva's turf, all those areas that's listed for the 240 is well served by Arriva, GNE are not going to enter that service to compete with Arriva, Arriva will run GNE into the ground, Arriva is a massive operator than GNE. Wink

Just a thought, but competition is good ;-)