You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

RE: Go North East - Latest
(25 Jul 2014, 9:28 am)Dan wrote Due for withdrawal in a matter of months - no point repainting it.

Will it be put onto another bus?
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(25 Jul 2014, 9:29 am)Tom wrote Will it be put onto another bus?
Wouldn't have thought so.
(25 Jul 2014, 9:36 am)Tom wrote Cheers - is the 128 not secured?

Whilst on this topic, are services X66 and 100 contracted as GNE and Stagecoach have operated those services for years.
Site Administrator
(25 Jul 2014, 10:02 am)aureolin wrote Wifi not working on 3943 this morning.
Does that one usually work?
Not sure if it's fitted with Wi-Fi (yet) or not...
(25 Jul 2014, 10:04 am)Dan wrote Does that one usually work?
Not sure if it's fitted with Wi-Fi (yet) or not...
Not sure. There's red arrows stickers advertising it.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Site Administrator
(25 Jul 2014, 10:07 am)aureolin wrote Not sure. There's red arrows stickers advertising it.
They're generic stickers.
3963 has the same branding as the B9TLs so is said to have power sockets...
(25 Jul 2014, 10:12 am)Dan wrote They're generic stickers.
3963 has the same branding as the B9TLs so is said to have power sockets...
You'd think they'd leave them off the spares then, as they offer no information other than services (not) provided. It's not really a good customer experience.
(25 Jul 2014, 9:49 am)Robert wrote Whilst on this topic, are services X66 and 100 contracted as GNE and Stagecoach have operated those services for years.

Given the loads on them I believe they're commercial. When the 100 first started it was a mini bus on a 20 or 30 minute frequency from what I remember.

On a seperate note - I've noticed addional grilles on the nearside of a coupld of Highwayman Scanias and an Ad-Blue flab on the offside rear of a Loop Scania. Are these to do with the Eminox retrofitment?
Site Administrator
(25 Jul 2014, 11:39 am)Chris wrote Given the loads on them I believe they're commercial. When the 100 first started it was a mini bus on a 20 or 30 minute frequency from what I remember.

On a seperate note - I've noticed addional grilles on the nearside of a coupld of Highwayman Scanias and an Ad-Blue flab on the offside rear of a Loop Scania. Are these to do with the Eminox retrofitment?[/b]

Yes it is. Wink
Something I've noticed over the past few days, but a number of vehicles seem to be losing the 'Stay seated until the bus stops' stickers at the wall of each row of seating? I'd assume because it seems to be entire buses, it's not just the usual case of people peeling them off.
(25 Jul 2014, 12:13 pm)aureolin wrote Something I've noticed over the past few days, but a number of vehicles seem to be losing the 'Stay seated until the bus stops' stickers at the wall of each row of seating? I'd assume because it seems to be entire buses, it's not just the usual case of people peeling them off.

Probably one if this things that no one done it so why have th stickers up, can you honestly say you stay seated until the bus stops?
(25 Jul 2014, 8:11 am)Dan wrote I am told that Dennis Trident 3874 has transferred from Deptford to Washington, allowing similar 3803 to be transferred back to Percy Main.
Any ideas on what Service 3874 is Today Daniel, So I dont have to stand around at The Galleries like a mellon
Site Administrator
(25 Jul 2014, 12:18 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Any ideas on what Service 3874 is Today Daniel, So I dont have to stand around at The Galleries like a mellon
I'm told it's gone for repaint now.
Site Administrator
(25 Jul 2014, 12:24 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote That will it be back until Tuesday then
Salties finishes early today (circa 2pm) so I doubt they'll get the prep done now - probably get the prep done on Monday and repaint Tuesday, transfer back to Washington or Deptford on Wednesday.
(25 Jul 2014, 12:16 pm)Wellsey18 wrote Probably one if this things that no one done it so why have th stickers up, can you honestly say you stay seated until the bus stops?

Yes, but there again I like my arms to remain in their sockets.
(25 Jul 2014, 12:26 pm)Dan wrote Salties finishes early today (circa 2pm) so I doubt they'll get the prep done now - probably get the prep done on Monday and repaint Tuesday, transfer back to Washington or Deptford on Wednesday.

2pm finish, lucky them.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Jul 2014, 12:27 pm)aureolin wrote Yes, but there again I like my arms to remain in their sockets.

Haha I think the huge majority of people didn't though Tongue
(25 Jul 2014, 12:13 pm)aureolin wrote Something I've noticed over the past few days, but a number of vehicles seem to be losing the 'Stay seated until the bus stops' stickers at the wall of each row of seating? I'd assume because it seems to be entire buses, it's not just the usual case of people peeling them off.

They were a stupid idea anyway. If everyone did that the buses would never run to time. Hope Arriva take them off as well. Health and Safety gone mad (yet again).
Go North East - Latest
(25 Jul 2014, 12:37 pm)Roland Pratt wrote They were a stupid idea anyway. If everyone did that the buses would never run to time. Hope Arriva take them off as well. Health and Safety gone mad (yet again).

Yeah they are pointless, the announcements used to be as well, the thing is sometimes the driver doesn't have the patience to see if someone is getting off after ringing the bell, which is why getting up early Is always helpful
13:30 - 50 from Lambton is Running 10 Minutes Late, heading for South Shields - No doubt due to the Weather being Nice, and fact its the 6 Weeks Holidays also.
(25 Jul 2014, 12:43 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote 13:30 - 50 from Lambton is Running 10 Minutes Late, heading for South Shields - No doubt due to the Weather being Nice, and fact its the 6 Weeks Holidays also.
The road works at the top of Park Road in Chester are causing widespread congestion - a much more likely explanation!
(25 Jul 2014, 12:57 pm)eezypeazy wrote The road works at the top of Park Road in Chester are causing widespread congestion - a much more likely explanation!

50's & 8's are being delayed by CLS roadworks. X21 is diverting via Birtley a lot of the time.
(25 Jul 2014, 1:18 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote 50's & 8's are being delayed by CLS roadworks. X21 is diverting via Birtley a lot of the time.

Slightly off topic, but do you know why the 8:15ish X21 departure from Chester towards Newcastle just avoids the A1 all together? Is it because of congestion or something?
(25 Jul 2014, 12:57 pm)eezypeazy wrote The road works at the top of Park Road in Chester are causing widespread congestion - a much more likely explanation!

Is there any reason that the X21 can't serve Chester le Street front street, turn round at South Burns, and then go back out via Ropery Lane, A167, and then straight on to the A1 to Newcastle? Sure it'll take a few minutes longer to go out that way, but at least it's not backed up in traffic on Picktree Lane waiting for someone coming off the A167 to give way...?
(25 Jul 2014, 2:11 pm)Marcus wrote Slightly off topic, but do you know why the 8:15ish X21 departure from Chester towards Newcastle just avoids the A1 all together? Is it because of congestion or something?

The X21 often diverts through Birtley when there is traffic on the A1.