You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

Site Administrator
RE: Arriva North East - Latest
(23 Jul 2014, 11:55 pm)tyresmoke wrote Just a few quick bits
- 4072 and 4091 have had red paint applied to them, suggesting their removal from Stockton depot will be imminent, I imagine 1002 has had similar treatment.
- 2846 is now in the same livery as 2845, though branded for service 553
- 4045 is withdrawn at Blyth as it's MOT has ran out (and replaced by reserve Dart 1712)

And finally as mentioned by Dan a few pages back, the launch of Ashington's Sapphire upgrade on the X21/X22 is to be held on Tuesday, 1100 at Newbiggin Maritime Centre.
The entry into service of the 16 E400s (7501-7509, 7522-7528) should set off a series of cascades which ultimately will see the removal of more DAF SB220 Prestiges from the fleet.

Pictured a few days ago...

[Image: 14529832948_22793df937.jpg]Arriva North East: 2846 / YJ58CAV by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

Sorry for not noting it - I thought it was done the day after we saw the first one, so didn't think I'd note 'old news' as it were. Tongue
(23 Jul 2014, 11:55 pm)tyresmoke wrote Just a few quick bits
- 4072 and 4091 have had red paint applied to them, suggesting their removal from Stockton depot will be imminent, I imagine 1002 has had similar treatment.
- 2846 is now in the same livery as 2845, though branded for service 553
- 4045 is withdrawn at Blyth as it's MOT has ran out (and replaced by reserve Dart 1712)

And finally as mentioned by Dan a few pages back, the launch of Ashington's Sapphire upgrade on the X21/X22 is to be held on Tuesday, 1100 at Newbiggin Maritime Centre.
The entry into service of the 16 E400s (7501-7509, 7522-7528) should set off a series of cascades which ultimately will see the removal of more DAF SB220 Prestiges from the fleet.

No red paint on the Ikarus?
211 entered service at Redcar today on service 81, though I think it only did one trip.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(25 Jul 2014, 8:22 am)Roland Pratt wrote I see 1512's rear number is working ok now.

Yeah it's been sorted thankfully.

I am told 211 has gone to Whitby last night from Redcar. A 9th Volvo B7TL Gemini is due to transfer down to Redcar/Whitby from Ashington this week once the Sapphires enter service. This should ensure double deck capacity on all X93 boards, with no excuse, over the summer holidays. Spectra 7483 should survive a bit longer at Ashington to cover for this!

Various other cascades are due to happen too so if anyone needs photos of our Prestiges, Dart SLF, Tridents, or T-FGN DAF deckers now is your last chance! 7511-3 are due to go for refurbishment for the Max scheme too, for the X15 I understand along with 4653 and 4659.

(26 Jul 2014, 7:48 am)tyresmoke wrote Yeah it's been sorted thankfully.

I am told 211 has gone to Whitby last night from Redcar. A 9th Volvo B7TL Gemini is due to transfer down to Redcar/Whitby from Ashington this week once the Sapphires enter service. This should ensure double deck capacity on all X93 boards, with no excuse, over the summer holidays. Spectra 7483 should survive a bit longer at Ashington to cover for this!

Various other cascades are due to happen too so if anyone needs photos of our Prestiges, Dart SLF, Tridents, or T-FGN DAF deckers now is your last chance! 7511-3 are due to go for refurbishment for the Max scheme too, for the X15 I understand along with 4653 and 4659.

I'm never going to catch them now
(26 Jul 2014, 8:14 am)Tom wrote I'm never going to catch them now

It's going to be an ongoing process over the next 3 months, not all with be withdrawn straight away Tom!

(26 Jul 2014, 1:32 pm)Roland Pratt wrote No excuse for single deck X93s. We'll see!

It is worth noting a couple of the current X93 deckers are due MOT shortly so will be one down for a week at a time.
Site Administrator
(26 Jul 2014, 3:31 pm)Philly rf wrote When and where are arriva launching the new ashington sapphire buses please let me know I want to go and see them

See this post.

In service, they could be launched the same day - but should definitely be allocated the day after.
Arriva 685 service towards Newcastle was withdrawn from service at Hexham today at 15:30 due to illness of a passenger.
Go North East allowed the other passengers to continue their journeys on their 15:48 X85 - which was standing room only when it arrived at Corbridge where a load of passenger were waiting for both the Arriva 685 and the GNE X85 so it would be full for the rest of the journey to Newcastle.
(26 Jul 2014, 4:18 pm)Philly rf wrote Does anyone know what is happening with jesmond and ashingtons volvo b10bles are they moving or are they not
Ashington's will be transferred to Stockton to replace some of the Prestiges, I'm assuming this will happen when the Sapphire E400's enter service?
Site Administrator
(26 Jul 2014, 4:20 pm)Philly rf wrote Does anyone know if any of the streetlites will be at the launch at maritime centre in newbiggin

Why would they?

It is currently planned for five new ADL Enviro 400s to be at the event, and after the event, they should go straight out in service (to allow the cascade and withdrawal process to begin the same day).
(26 Jul 2014, 4:20 pm)mb134 wrote Ashington's will be transferred to Stockton to replace some of the Prestiges, I'm assuming this will happen when the Sapphire E400's enter service?

Cascades due to happen (as far as I know) this week when the Sapphires enter service

5 out of 4501/2/5/6/8/9 to Stockton, with 4513/5 likely to move to Redcar
7466 to Blyth to replace 4045 (ie 1712)
7511/2/3 come off to go for refurb
7480/1 to Durham replacing 2 T-FGNs to disposal
7482/3 to disposal (though 7483 will stay to cover a B7 Gemini going to Redcar for the summer)
1208 to disposal

Further new deliveries will set off even more cascades...

(26 Jul 2014, 4:21 pm)Dan wrote Why would they?

It is currently planned for five new ADL Enviro 400s to be at the event, and after the event, they should go straight out in service (to allow the cascade and withdrawal process to begin the same day).
it's because the 35/35a is due three streetlites according to one of the drivers said when I was talking to him
Site Administrator
(26 Jul 2014, 4:42 pm)Philly rf wrote it's because the 35/35a is due three streetlites according to one of the drivers said when I was talking to him

But the ones which have already arrived are the ones for Stockton (5/5A). The ones which will arrive at Ashington for the 35/35A will be to standard specification, and not Sapphire.
(26 Jul 2014, 4:43 pm)Dan wrote But the ones which have already arrived are the ones for Stockton (5/5A). The ones which will arrive at Ashington for the 35/35A will be to standard specification, and not Sapphire.

And are also a different length as well - Stockton's are 11.5m (Max) while Ashington's are 10.8m.
(26 Jul 2014, 4:48 pm)Kuyoyo wrote And are also a different length as well - Stockton's are 11.5m (Max) while Ashington's are 10.8m.

And haven't been delivered yet nor will be for a few weeks yet

(26 Jul 2014, 4:43 pm)Dan wrote But the ones which have already arrived are the ones for Stockton (5/5A). The ones which will arrive at Ashington for the 35/35A will be to standard specification, and not Sapphire.

Dan, are the streetlites for service 23 be standard also?.

(26 Jul 2014, 7:43 pm)cbma06 wrote Dan, are the streetlites for service 23 be standard also?.

Standard 10.8m examples yes. Although standard only means lose the plug sockets from Sapphire and a different style of e-leather trim (I believe standard specification e-leather is black), still got Wi-Fi.
(26 Jul 2014, 9:55 pm)mb134 wrote Any information on when the B9TL'S for the X93 will be delivered?

I don't think that it should be much longer. I wonder how 6 buses managed to come from dealer stock though.
(26 Jul 2014, 11:09 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote Does anyone know what will be happening with 7514 to 7521 with 7511 to 7513 being refurbished for the X15?
Could some of them be refurbished for the X14?
Does anyone know what's happened to y688 ebr bus it has not been seen for a few weeks now it was parked in ashington depot next to v640 kvh