Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 13 4 5135 Next
MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

21 Aug 2014, 10:50 am #61
(21 Aug 2014, 9:02 am)Dan Thanks - somewhat disappointed with a couple of mine. Ecstatic I passed French.

Bs were the best results for Media in my school, and there's a lot of us who were predicted A*s and As. They're looking into my results already because it was so unusual...

They were all pretty much predicted A*s for Art and a couple of the girls were tearing up when they got Ds (nobody got higher than a D in my school). Means they can't take them next year at Sixth Form as they either needed a B or C.

Bio - B (Expected A)
Business - A (Expected A*)
Chem - B (Expected A/B)
English Lang - A (Expected A*)
English Lit - A* (Expected A*)
French - C (Expected B/C)
ICT - A* (Expected A*)
Maths - B (Expected A)
Media Single - B (Expected A*)
Media Dual - B (Expected A*)
Physics - A (Expected B)

Got full marks in the ICT exam which is unbelievable.

Well Done Dan, I'm expecting big things from you from here on

(21 Aug 2014, 10:40 am)Adam Still an absolutely cracking set of results. Very well done Smile

When this alert came up on my phone all the alert said was Still an absolutely cracking set...

My dirty mind was expecting it to be an absolutely cracking set of something else (.)_(.)
MrFozz
21 Aug 2014, 10:50 am #61

(21 Aug 2014, 9:02 am)Dan Thanks - somewhat disappointed with a couple of mine. Ecstatic I passed French.

Bs were the best results for Media in my school, and there's a lot of us who were predicted A*s and As. They're looking into my results already because it was so unusual...

They were all pretty much predicted A*s for Art and a couple of the girls were tearing up when they got Ds (nobody got higher than a D in my school). Means they can't take them next year at Sixth Form as they either needed a B or C.

Bio - B (Expected A)
Chem - B (Expected A/B)
ICT - A* (Expected A*)
Maths - B (Expected A)
Physics - A (Expected B)

Well Done Dan, I'm expecting big things from you from here on

(21 Aug 2014, 10:40 am)Adam Still an absolutely cracking set of results. Very well done Smile

When this alert came up on my phone all the alert said was Still an absolutely cracking set...

My dirty mind was expecting it to be an absolutely cracking set of something else (.)_(.)

Adam

21 Aug 2014, 11:10 am #62
(21 Aug 2014, 10:50 am)marxistafozzski When this alert came up on my phone all the alert said was Still an absolutely cracking set...

Haha getting your hopes up there? Tongue
Adam
21 Aug 2014, 11:10 am #62

(21 Aug 2014, 10:50 am)marxistafozzski When this alert came up on my phone all the alert said was Still an absolutely cracking set...

Haha getting your hopes up there? Tongue

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Aug 2014, 11:12 am #63
(21 Aug 2014, 10:50 am)marxistafozzski Well Done Dan, I'm expecting big things from you from here on

Cheers! Big Grin

Pfft... would be in the wrong thread!!
Dan
21 Aug 2014, 11:12 am #63

(21 Aug 2014, 10:50 am)marxistafozzski Well Done Dan, I'm expecting big things from you from here on

Cheers! Big Grin

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

21 Aug 2014, 11:16 am #64
(21 Aug 2014, 11:12 am)Dan Cheers! Big Grin

Don't see the need for the what are you perving over today yet law...

While I'm on about that, was looking through the smilies and that on my phone and came across this(maybe need to choose my words a bit more careful here) it is a nose...I initially thought it was something else
MrFozz
21 Aug 2014, 11:16 am #64

(21 Aug 2014, 11:12 am)Dan Cheers! Big Grin

Don't see the need for the what are you perving over today yet law...

While I'm on about that, was looking through the smilies and that on my phone and came across this(maybe need to choose my words a bit more careful here) it is a nose...I initially thought it was something else

21 Aug 2014, 11:52 am #65

Bio - B (Expected A)
Chem - B (Expected A/B)
ICT - A* (Expected A*)
Maths - B (Expected A)
Physics - A (Expected B)

Congratulations! Not even sure what I'm gonna do for GCSE! Tongue
R852 PRG
21 Aug 2014, 11:52 am #65

Bio - B (Expected A)
Chem - B (Expected A/B)
ICT - A* (Expected A*)
Maths - B (Expected A)
Physics - A (Expected B)

Congratulations! Not even sure what I'm gonna do for GCSE! Tongue

mb134

21 Aug 2014, 12:11 pm #66

Bio - B (Expected A)
Chem - B (Expected A/B)
ICT - A* (Expected A*)
Maths - B (Expected A)
Physics - A (Expected B)

Amazing set of results, well done Big Grin
mb134
21 Aug 2014, 12:11 pm #66

Bio - B (Expected A)
Chem - B (Expected A/B)
ICT - A* (Expected A*)
Maths - B (Expected A)
Physics - A (Expected B)

Amazing set of results, well done Big Grin

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Aug 2014, 12:11 pm #67
(21 Aug 2014, 11:52 am)Marcus Congratulations! Not even sure what I'm gonna do for GCSE! Tongue

Cheers! Big Grin

Well if this year is anything to go by - don't do Art!
So far - 4 Ds, 1 E, 1 F and 1 U. Not many more in the class...

Not many folks from other schools have done Art, so I'm not sure if that's representative of my school or all of them...

(21 Aug 2014, 12:11 pm)mb134 Amazing set of results, well done Big Grin

Thank you! How did you do in the others apart from ICT?
Dan
21 Aug 2014, 12:11 pm #67

(21 Aug 2014, 11:52 am)Marcus Congratulations! Not even sure what I'm gonna do for GCSE! Tongue

Cheers! Big Grin

Not many folks from other schools have done Art, so I'm not sure if that's representative of my school or all of them...

(21 Aug 2014, 12:11 pm)mb134 Amazing set of results, well done Big Grin

Michael

21 Aug 2014, 12:12 pm #68
(21 Aug 2014, 12:11 pm)Dan Cheers! Big Grin

Ugh i hate art, glad i didn't choose it

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Aug 2014, 12:12 pm #68

Ugh i hate art, glad i didn't choose it

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

mb134

21 Aug 2014, 12:19 pm #69
(21 Aug 2014, 12:11 pm)Dan Thank you! How did you do in the others apart from ICT?
A* in History Big Grin
A's in: English Literature
Math
R.E
Additional Science
Further Additional Science
And IT (5 marks away from an A*... Undecided)
B's in Psychology and English Language
And a C in French
(Got a C in D.T in year 9 as well as the A last year in core science also) Smile

Also with regards to art, one girl at my school got A's and A*'s in everything else but scraped a C in art...
Edited 21 Aug 2014, 12:37 pm by mb134.
mb134
21 Aug 2014, 12:19 pm #69

(21 Aug 2014, 12:11 pm)Dan Thank you! How did you do in the others apart from ICT?
A* in History Big Grin
A's in: English Literature
Math
R.E
Additional Science
Further Additional Science
And IT (5 marks away from an A*... Undecided)
B's in Psychology and English Language
And a C in French
(Got a C in D.T in year 9 as well as the A last year in core science also) Smile

Also with regards to art, one girl at my school got A's and A*'s in everything else but scraped a C in art...

21 Aug 2014, 12:37 pm #70

My school is a 'Languages College' so we've got to do at least 1 language (although I think this applies to every school now - they still seem to make a deal out of it). I hate French, I mean, I HATE FRENCH - with a passion - and German is probably what I'm going for seeing as I'm not that bad at it and it seems pretty essential these days. We start Spanish in the upcoming year, so that'll be a thrill Dodgy.....

I intend to do some kind of Business degree when I go to Uni, so I reckon I'll do Business. We've got the mandatory English, Maths and Science, as well as that core R.E., our school week has 25 periods, 3 hours of each English, Maths and Science plus the 1 hour of R.E. comes up to 10 hours, and with 3 hours for each subject we choose (I think we do 5), I'm thinking of picking this.....

- Business Studies
- History
- English Literature (was hoping they'd do an 'English Storytime', but that's life....Tongue)
- German
- Geography
R852 PRG
21 Aug 2014, 12:37 pm #70

My school is a 'Languages College' so we've got to do at least 1 language (although I think this applies to every school now - they still seem to make a deal out of it). I hate French, I mean, I HATE FRENCH - with a passion - and German is probably what I'm going for seeing as I'm not that bad at it and it seems pretty essential these days. We start Spanish in the upcoming year, so that'll be a thrill Dodgy.....

I intend to do some kind of Business degree when I go to Uni, so I reckon I'll do Business. We've got the mandatory English, Maths and Science, as well as that core R.E., our school week has 25 periods, 3 hours of each English, Maths and Science plus the 1 hour of R.E. comes up to 10 hours, and with 3 hours for each subject we choose (I think we do 5), I'm thinking of picking this.....

- Business Studies
- History
- English Literature (was hoping they'd do an 'English Storytime', but that's life....Tongue)
- German
- Geography

Tom

21 Aug 2014, 3:38 pm #71
Well done Dan - a great set of results.
Tom
21 Aug 2014, 3:38 pm #71

Well done Dan - a great set of results.

Adrian

21 Aug 2014, 4:10 pm #72
Well done both!

Any plans for 6 form, college, etc?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
21 Aug 2014, 4:10 pm #72

Well done both!

Any plans for 6 form, college, etc?

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Aug 2014, 4:17 pm #73
Cheers Tom and Adrian. Maybe a little too hard on myself earlier but you're always gonna wish you'd done better.

I'm staying at the same school I'm at now for Sixth Form to study ICT, Media, Business and English at A Level. They're the subjects I was predicted A* at so I just played by my strengths.
Dan
21 Aug 2014, 4:17 pm #73

Cheers Tom and Adrian. Maybe a little too hard on myself earlier but you're always gonna wish you'd done better.

I'm staying at the same school I'm at now for Sixth Form to study ICT, Media, Business and English at A Level. They're the subjects I was predicted A* at so I just played by my strengths.

Adrian

21 Aug 2014, 4:30 pm #74
(21 Aug 2014, 4:17 pm)Dan Cheers Tom and Adrian. Maybe a little too hard on myself earlier but you're always gonna wish you'd done better.

Do most people at your school stay there for sixth form? I know when I went to college, a lot went to sixth form but then ended up at college. What ICT do they do at A level nowadays?

Adrian
21 Aug 2014, 4:30 pm #74

(21 Aug 2014, 4:17 pm)Dan Cheers Tom and Adrian. Maybe a little too hard on myself earlier but you're always gonna wish you'd done better.

Do most people at your school stay there for sixth form? I know when I went to college, a lot went to sixth form but then ended up at college. What ICT do they do at A level nowadays?

mb134

21 Aug 2014, 4:35 pm #75

What are the option blocks like at your school? Ours decided to put English Literature and History in the same block...
mb134
21 Aug 2014, 4:35 pm #75

What are the option blocks like at your school? Ours decided to put English Literature and History in the same block...

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Aug 2014, 4:35 pm #76
(21 Aug 2014, 4:30 pm)aureolin Do most people at your school stay there for sixth form? I know when I went to college, a lot went to sixth form but then ended up at college. What ICT do they do at A level nowadays?

There's only 23 of us in my year group, and there's 10 staying (myself included), with two new arrivals.

Majority of those leaving have decided to go to St Roberts, on the basis that my school is 'shit' and doesn't offer as wide a range of subjects at A Level as St Roberts does.

Some of the ones who aren't as bright (ie the ones who only came to my school because their parents could afford to pay for them not to get bullied!) have gone to various colleges across the region to do BTECs.
Dan
21 Aug 2014, 4:35 pm #76

(21 Aug 2014, 4:30 pm)aureolin Do most people at your school stay there for sixth form? I know when I went to college, a lot went to sixth form but then ended up at college. What ICT do they do at A level nowadays?

There's only 23 of us in my year group, and there's 10 staying (myself included), with two new arrivals.

Majority of those leaving have decided to go to St Roberts, on the basis that my school is 'shit' and doesn't offer as wide a range of subjects at A Level as St Roberts does.

Some of the ones who aren't as bright (ie the ones who only came to my school because their parents could afford to pay for them not to get bullied!) have gone to various colleges across the region to do BTECs.

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Aug 2014, 4:37 pm #77
(21 Aug 2014, 4:35 pm)mb134 What are the option blocks like at your school? Ours decided to put English Literature and History in the same block...
With mine being private, we get to pick and don't have option blocks. Was the same at GCSE too.

If it wasn't for a new girl coming, I'd have been by myself in English next year. I ain't complaining like...she's canny fit Wink

About six of us in ICT and Business.

I've got another lass in Media with me next year, but that's it.
Dan
21 Aug 2014, 4:37 pm #77

(21 Aug 2014, 4:35 pm)mb134 What are the option blocks like at your school? Ours decided to put English Literature and History in the same block...
With mine being private, we get to pick and don't have option blocks. Was the same at GCSE too.

If it wasn't for a new girl coming, I'd have been by myself in English next year. I ain't complaining like...she's canny fit Wink

mb134

21 Aug 2014, 4:43 pm #78
(21 Aug 2014, 4:37 pm)Dan With mine being private, we get to pick and don't have option blocks. Was the same at GCSE too.

Lucky lucky boy Wink (both the option blocks and you're new classmate). We pick tomorrow and with the amount of people I know that are leaving our class sizes are going to be similar, especially with the subjects I'm taking anyway, however the English resit class will be rather large...
mb134
21 Aug 2014, 4:43 pm #78

(21 Aug 2014, 4:37 pm)Dan With mine being private, we get to pick and don't have option blocks. Was the same at GCSE too.

Lucky lucky boy Wink (both the option blocks and you're new classmate). We pick tomorrow and with the amount of people I know that are leaving our class sizes are going to be similar, especially with the subjects I'm taking anyway, however the English resit class will be rather large...

21 Aug 2014, 4:45 pm #79
(21 Aug 2014, 4:35 pm)Dan There's only 23 of us in my year group, and there's 10 staying (myself included), with two new arrivals.

God! - there are more people in my year group than there were in my Primary School! Tongue
R852 PRG
21 Aug 2014, 4:45 pm #79

(21 Aug 2014, 4:35 pm)Dan There's only 23 of us in my year group, and there's 10 staying (myself included), with two new arrivals.

God! - there are more people in my year group than there were in my Primary School! Tongue

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Aug 2014, 4:52 pm #80
(21 Aug 2014, 4:45 pm)Marcus God! - there are more people in my year group than there were in my Primary School! Tongue
It's a blessing and a curse...

Great in the sense that it's very much like one big family, but not so good in the sense that everyone knows everyone else's business.
Dan
21 Aug 2014, 4:52 pm #80

(21 Aug 2014, 4:45 pm)Marcus God! - there are more people in my year group than there were in my Primary School! Tongue
It's a blessing and a curse...

Great in the sense that it's very much like one big family, but not so good in the sense that everyone knows everyone else's business.

Pages (135) Previous 13 4 5135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average