Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (45): Previous 125 26 2745 Next
22 Aug 2014, 6:05 pm
(22 Aug 2014, 6:01 pm)Dan If anyone spots it tomorrow, do tell please! Want to have a ride on it but haven't had the time with me working until the afternoon Mon-Fri!
I'm hoping GNE bring it along to Seaburn. Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
22 Aug 2014, 6:05 pm #501

(22 Aug 2014, 6:01 pm)Dan If anyone spots it tomorrow, do tell please! Want to have a ride on it but haven't had the time with me working until the afternoon Mon-Fri!
I'm hoping GNE bring it along to Seaburn. Smile

Dan
Site Administrator
22 Aug 2014, 6:07 pm
(22 Aug 2014, 6:05 pm)aureolin I'm hoping GNE bring it along to Seaburn. Smile

It was only meant to be on loan for three weeks, and it arrived on July 31st, so I'm doubtful..!
Dan
22 Aug 2014, 6:07 pm #502

It was only meant to be on loan for three weeks, and it arrived on July 31st, so I'm doubtful..!

22 Aug 2014, 6:18 pm

Are Go North East even attending This Year, it was quite disappointing when they didn't Last Year.
Malarkey
22 Aug 2014, 6:18 pm #503

Are Go North East even attending This Year, it was quite disappointing when they didn't Last Year.

22 Aug 2014, 6:20 pm
(22 Aug 2014, 6:18 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Are Go North East even attending This Year, it was quite disappointing when they didn't Last Year.
I hope so, or there'll be nowt else there judging by other turnouts.

Adrian
22 Aug 2014, 6:20 pm #504

(22 Aug 2014, 6:18 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Are Go North East even attending This Year, it was quite disappointing when they didn't Last Year.
I hope so, or there'll be nowt else there judging by other turnouts.

Dan
Site Administrator
22 Aug 2014, 6:24 pm

(22 Aug 2014, 6:20 pm)aureolin I hope so, or there'll be nowt else there judging by other turnouts.

I didn't even pay to go in last year as the turnout was ridiculous.

I remember discussing this with someone after last year's turnout and they told me that there was going to be a massive event at the Metrocentre for one last time, and their appearances at rallies were going to be limited after that (and that's been true up to now).

As they sent one to that one in Washington, I'd imagine they'll be present at Seaburn too - albeit just in a limited form.
Dan
22 Aug 2014, 6:24 pm #505

(22 Aug 2014, 6:20 pm)aureolin I hope so, or there'll be nowt else there judging by other turnouts.

I didn't even pay to go in last year as the turnout was ridiculous.

I remember discussing this with someone after last year's turnout and they told me that there was going to be a massive event at the Metrocentre for one last time, and their appearances at rallies were going to be limited after that (and that's been true up to now).

As they sent one to that one in Washington, I'd imagine they'll be present at Seaburn too - albeit just in a limited form.

22 Aug 2014, 6:30 pm
(22 Aug 2014, 6:24 pm)Dan I didn't even pay to go in last year as the turnout was ridiculous.

I won't be paying either if there's nowt of interest. I stand by the points I made previously. Smile

Adrian
22 Aug 2014, 6:30 pm #506

(22 Aug 2014, 6:24 pm)Dan I didn't even pay to go in last year as the turnout was ridiculous.

I won't be paying either if there's nowt of interest. I stand by the points I made previously. Smile

22 Aug 2014, 6:33 pm
(22 Aug 2014, 2:09 pm)NEBCD Malarkey 14;57 M2 running 11 Mins Late from Lambton, 50 at 15:00 was 8 Minutes Late, complaint to written when I get home I think

Is writing a complaint the best thing you have to do with your time?
Wellsey18
22 Aug 2014, 6:33 pm #507

(22 Aug 2014, 2:09 pm)NEBCD Malarkey 14;57 M2 running 11 Mins Late from Lambton, 50 at 15:00 was 8 Minutes Late, complaint to written when I get home I think

Is writing a complaint the best thing you have to do with your time?

Tom
22 Aug 2014, 6:35 pm
(22 Aug 2014, 6:33 pm)Wellsey18 Is writing a complaint the best thing you have to do with your time?

Actually he has a valid reason for complaint. The M2/M3 especially is always late, sometimes by fifteen minutes. Obviously there is an excuse for the 50 due to the roadworks, but the M2/M3 is unnacceptable at the moment.
Tom
22 Aug 2014, 6:35 pm #508

(22 Aug 2014, 6:33 pm)Wellsey18 Is writing a complaint the best thing you have to do with your time?

Actually he has a valid reason for complaint. The M2/M3 especially is always late, sometimes by fifteen minutes. Obviously there is an excuse for the 50 due to the roadworks, but the M2/M3 is unnacceptable at the moment.

22 Aug 2014, 6:40 pm
(22 Aug 2014, 6:35 pm)Tom Actually he has a valid reason for complaint. The M2/M3 especially is always late, sometimes by fifteen minutes. Obviously there is an excuse for the 50 due to the roadworks, but the M2/M3 is unnacceptable at the moment.

The M2 have roadworks. Dont know about the 50. There does however seem to have roadworks popping up all over the place at the moment. As i said earlier, massive tailbacks are occurring because of the roadworks around Birtley affecting the M2 quite badly. Hence why its late.
S813 FVK
22 Aug 2014, 6:40 pm #509

(22 Aug 2014, 6:35 pm)Tom Actually he has a valid reason for complaint. The M2/M3 especially is always late, sometimes by fifteen minutes. Obviously there is an excuse for the 50 due to the roadworks, but the M2/M3 is unnacceptable at the moment.

The M2 have roadworks. Dont know about the 50. There does however seem to have roadworks popping up all over the place at the moment. As i said earlier, massive tailbacks are occurring because of the roadworks around Birtley affecting the M2 quite badly. Hence why its late.

Tom
22 Aug 2014, 6:41 pm
(22 Aug 2014, 6:40 pm)Robert The M2 have roadworks. Dont know about the 50. There does however seem to have roadworks popping up all over the place at the moment. As i said earlier, massive tailbacks are occurring because of the roadworks around Birtley affecting the M2 quite badly. Hence why its late.

This has been going on for the last few months though.
Tom
22 Aug 2014, 6:41 pm #510

(22 Aug 2014, 6:40 pm)Robert The M2 have roadworks. Dont know about the 50. There does however seem to have roadworks popping up all over the place at the moment. As i said earlier, massive tailbacks are occurring because of the roadworks around Birtley affecting the M2 quite badly. Hence why its late.

This has been going on for the last few months though.

22 Aug 2014, 6:46 pm
Should he just accept it instead? Perhaps if more people complained that buses were running late, it would allow the companies to put more pressure on to councils, showing the consequences such works have on their operation.

Adrian
22 Aug 2014, 6:46 pm #511

Should he just accept it instead? Perhaps if more people complained that buses were running late, it would allow the companies to put more pressure on to councils, showing the consequences such works have on their operation.

22 Aug 2014, 6:50 pm
(22 Aug 2014, 6:46 pm)aureolin Should he just accept it instead? Perhaps if more people complained that buses were running late, it would allow the companies to put more pressure on to councils, showing the consequences such works have on their operation.

But these roadworks have to happen at some point though don't they, otherwise you would be complaining that you's weren't comfy enough on the bus
Wellsey18
22 Aug 2014, 6:50 pm #512

(22 Aug 2014, 6:46 pm)aureolin Should he just accept it instead? Perhaps if more people complained that buses were running late, it would allow the companies to put more pressure on to councils, showing the consequences such works have on their operation.

But these roadworks have to happen at some point though don't they, otherwise you would be complaining that you's weren't comfy enough on the bus

Tom
22 Aug 2014, 6:51 pm
(22 Aug 2014, 6:50 pm)Wellsey18 But these roadworks have to happen at some point though don't they, otherwise you would be complaining that you's weren't comfy enough on the bus

I've just told you that this has been going on way before the roadworks.
Tom
22 Aug 2014, 6:51 pm #513

(22 Aug 2014, 6:50 pm)Wellsey18 But these roadworks have to happen at some point though don't they, otherwise you would be complaining that you's weren't comfy enough on the bus

I've just told you that this has been going on way before the roadworks.

22 Aug 2014, 6:54 pm

Is asking me, "Is writing a complaint the best thing you have to do with your time" the best thing you have to do with your time?

See what I did there.

Personally I feel I have Valid Reason to Complain, I got to the Bus Stop 7 Minutes before the 14:57 M2 was due, and I find i'm still waiting for a Bus 20 Minutes Later, Do you think that is an acceptable amount of time to be waiting for a Bus, Then having to Pay £6.20 for a Day Ticket to reach my Destination.
Malarkey
22 Aug 2014, 6:54 pm #514

Is asking me, "Is writing a complaint the best thing you have to do with your time" the best thing you have to do with your time?

See what I did there.

Personally I feel I have Valid Reason to Complain, I got to the Bus Stop 7 Minutes before the 14:57 M2 was due, and I find i'm still waiting for a Bus 20 Minutes Later, Do you think that is an acceptable amount of time to be waiting for a Bus, Then having to Pay £6.20 for a Day Ticket to reach my Destination.

22 Aug 2014, 6:55 pm
But repair and replacement work happens on broadcast networks too, and it doesn't result in your TV service being severely impacted does it? Nope, because there is a comprehensive plan in place to ensure it doesn't.

My point is that works could be carried out with a lot more consideration to the general public. Another user mentioned earlier that Durham County Council seem to be carrying out all their roadworks at once. Another example is the Wearmouth Bridge works. It was mentioned GNE weren't even contacted by Sunderland council, despite being major stakeholders.

Adrian
22 Aug 2014, 6:55 pm #515

But repair and replacement work happens on broadcast networks too, and it doesn't result in your TV service being severely impacted does it? Nope, because there is a comprehensive plan in place to ensure it doesn't.

My point is that works could be carried out with a lot more consideration to the general public. Another user mentioned earlier that Durham County Council seem to be carrying out all their roadworks at once. Another example is the Wearmouth Bridge works. It was mentioned GNE weren't even contacted by Sunderland council, despite being major stakeholders.

22 Aug 2014, 7:25 pm
(22 Aug 2014, 5:34 pm)aureolin Quite surprised about that with it being such a short shuttle route. What benefits does it offer the company over what I see as the 'less favourable' GB regs?

Domestic drivers' regulations (bus routes under 50km) are more favourable for companies as you can drive for 5.5 hours without a break and only need one day off per fortnight. European rules (inc bus routes over 50km) mean a maximum of 4.5 hours before a break and basically 45 hours off per week, although it can be more complicated than this and union agreements may impose extra limits.
Greg in Weardale
22 Aug 2014, 7:25 pm #516

(22 Aug 2014, 5:34 pm)aureolin Quite surprised about that with it being such a short shuttle route. What benefits does it offer the company over what I see as the 'less favourable' GB regs?

Domestic drivers' regulations (bus routes under 50km) are more favourable for companies as you can drive for 5.5 hours without a break and only need one day off per fortnight. European rules (inc bus routes over 50km) mean a maximum of 4.5 hours before a break and basically 45 hours off per week, although it can be more complicated than this and union agreements may impose extra limits.

22 Aug 2014, 7:50 pm

Prior to the recent roadworks, there have been issues with it.

I often stand on one side of the road in Birtley for one (the one being due), to see the other fly by in the opposite direction.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
22 Aug 2014, 7:50 pm #517

Prior to the recent roadworks, there have been issues with it.

I often stand on one side of the road in Birtley for one (the one being due), to see the other fly by in the opposite direction.

22 Aug 2014, 8:08 pm
(22 Aug 2014, 7:50 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Prior to the recent roadworks, there have been issues with it.

Its one of the main causes of it been late regardless. Without the roadworks could be due to the amount of layover time at each end been too small so a specific journey wont be able to make that much time up at the other end because it will have to go out on another journey pretty much straight away (ie 2 mins layover or something, again, im no expert).
S813 FVK
22 Aug 2014, 8:08 pm #518

(22 Aug 2014, 7:50 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Prior to the recent roadworks, there have been issues with it.

Its one of the main causes of it been late regardless. Without the roadworks could be due to the amount of layover time at each end been too small so a specific journey wont be able to make that much time up at the other end because it will have to go out on another journey pretty much straight away (ie 2 mins layover or something, again, im no expert).

Tom
22 Aug 2014, 8:13 pm
(22 Aug 2014, 8:08 pm)Robert Its one of the main causes of it been late regardless. Without the roadworks could be due to the amount of layover time at each end been too small so a specific journey wont be able to make that much time up at the other end because it will have to go out on another journey pretty much straight away (ie 2 mins layover or something, again, im no expert).

They get three minutes at each end. However, there is about five minutes at Washington and three minutes at Concord to load etc.
Still unnacceptable for it to be not turning up, 15 mins late late etc. on regulary occasions.
Tom
22 Aug 2014, 8:13 pm #519

(22 Aug 2014, 8:08 pm)Robert Its one of the main causes of it been late regardless. Without the roadworks could be due to the amount of layover time at each end been too small so a specific journey wont be able to make that much time up at the other end because it will have to go out on another journey pretty much straight away (ie 2 mins layover or something, again, im no expert).

They get three minutes at each end. However, there is about five minutes at Washington and three minutes at Concord to load etc.
Still unnacceptable for it to be not turning up, 15 mins late late etc. on regulary occasions.

22 Aug 2014, 8:15 pm

Agreed, roadworks wont and don't help.
But if it is often late without roadworks being on route - then roadworks are only going to add to the delays.

If the layover time isn't adequate, GNE maybe need to twiddle with the timetable, so that it improves reliability.

Andreos1
22 Aug 2014, 8:15 pm #520

Agreed, roadworks wont and don't help.
But if it is often late without roadworks being on route - then roadworks are only going to add to the delays.

If the layover time isn't adequate, GNE maybe need to twiddle with the timetable, so that it improves reliability.

Pages (45): Previous 125 26 2745 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 0
Views 36667
06 Mar 2020, 11:35 am
Last Post by V514DFT