Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 16 7 8135 Next
Tom

22 Aug 2014, 9:34 pm #121
(22 Aug 2014, 9:28 pm)Robert It varies, they obviously monitor loadings pretty carefully across the X30/X31/X70/X71 so they know what boards to allocate the Omnicities to and what boards to allocate the Presidents to. I think it should go back to full decker operation but again but maybe not new vehicles yet. See how well the services cope and see where things go from there.

In my opinion the Omnicities are very unreliable. There must be about five Coasters VOR, and the X70/X71 was allocated at least three renowns yesterday (the Beamish one, 4845 and 4899) but didnt see the other one. Saw 3823, 3889 and 6010 on the X30/X31 yesterday, but didn't see the others however I know a plain Omnicity was allocated to the Red Kite and a Native President to the Diamond.
Tom
22 Aug 2014, 9:34 pm #121

(22 Aug 2014, 9:28 pm)Robert It varies, they obviously monitor loadings pretty carefully across the X30/X31/X70/X71 so they know what boards to allocate the Omnicities to and what boards to allocate the Presidents to. I think it should go back to full decker operation but again but maybe not new vehicles yet. See how well the services cope and see where things go from there.

In my opinion the Omnicities are very unreliable. There must be about five Coasters VOR, and the X70/X71 was allocated at least three renowns yesterday (the Beamish one, 4845 and 4899) but didnt see the other one. Saw 3823, 3889 and 6010 on the X30/X31 yesterday, but didn't see the others however I know a plain Omnicity was allocated to the Red Kite and a Native President to the Diamond.

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Aug 2014, 9:38 pm #122

No...

It's down to poor allocating of buses - not the monitoring of services which have specific loadings.

ALL four boards on services X70/X71 should be allocated OmniCities.
ALL five boards on services X30/X31 should be allocated Dennis Tridents (3885-89, and if any are unavailable, the Lolynes).
ALL three boards on services 15/15A should be allocated Volvo B7TLs.

No Volvo Olympians should be allocated to normal commercial service work and won't for much longer (or at least the chances will dramatically decrease for the next few months, until they are all withdrawn)...
Dan
22 Aug 2014, 9:38 pm #122

No...

It's down to poor allocating of buses - not the monitoring of services which have specific loadings.

ALL five boards on services X30/X31 should be allocated Dennis Tridents (3885-89, and if any are unavailable, the Lolynes).

No Volvo Olympians should be allocated to normal commercial service work and won't for much longer (or at least the chances will dramatically decrease for the next few months, until they are all withdrawn)...

Tom

22 Aug 2014, 9:40 pm #123
(22 Aug 2014, 9:38 pm)Dan No...

No Volvo Olympians should be allocated to normal commercial service work and won't for much longer...

Yesterday was a mess then?

Three boards on the X70/X71 were allocated Volvo B10BLE's.
One board on the X30/X31 was allocated a B7TL, another a Olympian.
One board on the Diamond was allocated a Dennis Trident, two others B10BLE's.
One board on the Red Kite was allocated a Red Omnicity.
Tom
22 Aug 2014, 9:40 pm #123

No Volvo Olympians should be allocated to normal commercial service work and won't for much longer...

Yesterday was a mess then?

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Aug 2014, 9:44 pm #124
(22 Aug 2014, 9:40 pm)Tom Yesterday was a mess then?

Welcome to the world of Stanley allocations.

They might not put branded vehicles out on the wrong services too frequently, but their corporate liveried vehicle allocations are just dreadful.

Stanley are like Percy Main. They like to put red OmniCitys out to cover for branded vehicles to maintain the level of service, but this comes at the detriment of services X70/X71 and 9 respectively - and then the allocations for every other service are affected as a result. These depots treat corporate liveried vehicles as red spares, and they shouldn't because management has decided that they want those red buses to be allocated to a specfic service and not to act as a spare for every service at that depot.
Dan
22 Aug 2014, 9:44 pm #124

(22 Aug 2014, 9:40 pm)Tom Yesterday was a mess then?

Welcome to the world of Stanley allocations.

They might not put branded vehicles out on the wrong services too frequently, but their corporate liveried vehicle allocations are just dreadful.

Stanley are like Percy Main. They like to put red OmniCitys out to cover for branded vehicles to maintain the level of service, but this comes at the detriment of services X70/X71 and 9 respectively - and then the allocations for every other service are affected as a result. These depots treat corporate liveried vehicles as red spares, and they shouldn't because management has decided that they want those red buses to be allocated to a specfic service and not to act as a spare for every service at that depot.

Tom

22 Aug 2014, 9:46 pm #125
(22 Aug 2014, 9:44 pm)Dan Welcome to the world of Stanley allocations.

Stanley are like Percy Main. They like to put red OmniCitys out to cover for branded vehicles, but this comes at the detriment of services X70/X71 and 9 respectively - and then the allocations for every other service are affected as a result. These depots treat corporate liveried vehicles as red spares, and they shouldn't because management has decided that they want those red buses to be allocated to a specfic service and not to act as a spare for every service at that depot.

I didn't actually realise Stanley was that bad!
If 5337/5338 were also allocated to the Diamond, then there were at least five Citaros VOR?
Tom
22 Aug 2014, 9:46 pm #125

(22 Aug 2014, 9:44 pm)Dan Welcome to the world of Stanley allocations.

Stanley are like Percy Main. They like to put red OmniCitys out to cover for branded vehicles, but this comes at the detriment of services X70/X71 and 9 respectively - and then the allocations for every other service are affected as a result. These depots treat corporate liveried vehicles as red spares, and they shouldn't because management has decided that they want those red buses to be allocated to a specfic service and not to act as a spare for every service at that depot.

I didn't actually realise Stanley was that bad!
If 5337/5338 were also allocated to the Diamond, then there were at least five Citaros VOR?

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Aug 2014, 9:50 pm #126
(22 Aug 2014, 9:46 pm)Tom I didn't actually realise Stanley was that bad!
When push comes to shove, they're not, in comparison to the likes of Riverside, where branded vehicles are the issue opposed to corporate liveried vehicles.

These depots need to learn the difference between allocated spare vehicles and corporate liveried vehicles. Whilst it isn't too great an issue, management wouldn't have decided to allocate a specific batch of buses to a specific set of services if they did not feel this was the best idea.

They often go off on a tangent and make up their own rules, when it comes to allocations. It'll not be long before it's nipped in the bud. Volvo Olympians aren't as appearing out as much as they were a few weeks ago...

When I was there the other day, only two Mercs were VOR. The day beforehand, it was a similar story.
Dan
22 Aug 2014, 9:50 pm #126

(22 Aug 2014, 9:46 pm)Tom I didn't actually realise Stanley was that bad!
When push comes to shove, they're not, in comparison to the likes of Riverside, where branded vehicles are the issue opposed to corporate liveried vehicles.

These depots need to learn the difference between allocated spare vehicles and corporate liveried vehicles. Whilst it isn't too great an issue, management wouldn't have decided to allocate a specific batch of buses to a specific set of services if they did not feel this was the best idea.

They often go off on a tangent and make up their own rules, when it comes to allocations. It'll not be long before it's nipped in the bud. Volvo Olympians aren't as appearing out as much as they were a few weeks ago...

When I was there the other day, only two Mercs were VOR. The day beforehand, it was a similar story.

S813 FVK

22 Aug 2014, 10:01 pm #127

So, how come the 08:17 X30 departure from Stanley was ALWAYS operated by an omnicity (and could still be, havent seen that working lately for obvious reasons)? Seems a bit too coincidental that the same board gets the 'spare' for weeks on end. (And that bus stays on aswell).

Also forgot to add that before the Schools broke up 1 President (Trident, not a B7) used to do scholars then head back up to Consett, presumably to operate services X70/X71.

Things may be different now its School Holidays but on School Days that is what occurred.
Edited 22 Aug 2014, 10:14 pm by S813 FVK.
S813 FVK
22 Aug 2014, 10:01 pm #127

So, how come the 08:17 X30 departure from Stanley was ALWAYS operated by an omnicity (and could still be, havent seen that working lately for obvious reasons)? Seems a bit too coincidental that the same board gets the 'spare' for weeks on end. (And that bus stays on aswell).

Also forgot to add that before the Schools broke up 1 President (Trident, not a B7) used to do scholars then head back up to Consett, presumably to operate services X70/X71.

Things may be different now its School Holidays but on School Days that is what occurred.

Dan

Site Administrator

23 Aug 2014, 5:53 am #128
(22 Aug 2014, 10:01 pm)Robert So, how come the 08:17 X30 departure from Stanley was ALWAYS operated by an omnicity (and could still be, havent seen that working lately for obvious reasons)? Seems a bit too coincidental that the same board gets the 'spare' for weeks on end. (And that bus stays on aswell).

I don't know why it happened, but all I can tell you is that it shouldn't have happened (and you'll just have to take my word on that one as I can't prove this to you). I'm not sure what systems are in place to monitor odd workings (especially corporate liveried vehicles at that), but as soon as management are made aware that Stanley are doing what they like instead of going by the allocations management has set, they will have words.

Aureolin has said this before: who is in charge of the company? Not those on depot level...

The scholar services, so far as I can remember, do not interwork with services X70/X71. Buses are scheduled to head to Consett to act as spare buses, and I'm inclined to suggest this has happened here too - but again, this should have been a Volvo Olympian (won't be in a week's time) and this is showing Stanley's poor allocations.

Percy Main should not have been allocating the Centurion Volvo B10BLEs to service 9, but they did... So much so, enthusiasts deemed it a normal working and customerd ended up referring to the 9's allocation on GNE's Social Media pages as the 'yellow buses'. Management had to go to the cost of repainting these buses as a result, after more than a few complaints...
Dan
23 Aug 2014, 5:53 am #128

(22 Aug 2014, 10:01 pm)Robert So, how come the 08:17 X30 departure from Stanley was ALWAYS operated by an omnicity (and could still be, havent seen that working lately for obvious reasons)? Seems a bit too coincidental that the same board gets the 'spare' for weeks on end. (And that bus stays on aswell).

I don't know why it happened, but all I can tell you is that it shouldn't have happened (and you'll just have to take my word on that one as I can't prove this to you). I'm not sure what systems are in place to monitor odd workings (especially corporate liveried vehicles at that), but as soon as management are made aware that Stanley are doing what they like instead of going by the allocations management has set, they will have words.

Aureolin has said this before: who is in charge of the company? Not those on depot level...

The scholar services, so far as I can remember, do not interwork with services X70/X71. Buses are scheduled to head to Consett to act as spare buses, and I'm inclined to suggest this has happened here too - but again, this should have been a Volvo Olympian (won't be in a week's time) and this is showing Stanley's poor allocations.

Percy Main should not have been allocating the Centurion Volvo B10BLEs to service 9, but they did... So much so, enthusiasts deemed it a normal working and customerd ended up referring to the 9's allocation on GNE's Social Media pages as the 'yellow buses'. Management had to go to the cost of repainting these buses as a result, after more than a few complaints...

Andreos1

23 Aug 2014, 8:14 am #129
(23 Aug 2014, 5:53 am)Dan I don't know why it happened, but all I can tell you is that it shouldn't have happened, providing the allocation has not changed for reasons unbeknown to me (and you'll just have to take my word on that one as I can't prove this to you). I'm not sure what systems are in place to monitor odd workings (especially corporate liveried vehicles at that), but as soon as management are made aware that Stanley are doing what they like instead of going by the allocations management has set, they will have words.

If management are unhappy at the depot allocations, then there is an easy solution.

It just takes a few senior management plonked by the side of the road noting the 'improper' workings.
Rather than take the depots word as gospel, proof of breakdown, maintenance etc needs to be provided.
If proof cant be provided or the reasoning isn't good enough - then impose some sort of penalty to the depot.

Similarly, those meeting or exceeding certain performance standards can be rewarded somehow.

If the reward/penalty is financial - we may start seeing improvements.
Similarly, if a depot or staff start losing out, due to the allocator continually allocating incorrectly, I am sure peer pressure will come into play.

The company shouldn't be forced to repaint and incur extra painting costs, due to someone's incompetence.
I have a slight feeling the Percy Main repaints weren't done, just because of the incompetence though.
Disciplinary action is cheaper.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
23 Aug 2014, 8:14 am #129

(23 Aug 2014, 5:53 am)Dan I don't know why it happened, but all I can tell you is that it shouldn't have happened, providing the allocation has not changed for reasons unbeknown to me (and you'll just have to take my word on that one as I can't prove this to you). I'm not sure what systems are in place to monitor odd workings (especially corporate liveried vehicles at that), but as soon as management are made aware that Stanley are doing what they like instead of going by the allocations management has set, they will have words.

If management are unhappy at the depot allocations, then there is an easy solution.

It just takes a few senior management plonked by the side of the road noting the 'improper' workings.
Rather than take the depots word as gospel, proof of breakdown, maintenance etc needs to be provided.
If proof cant be provided or the reasoning isn't good enough - then impose some sort of penalty to the depot.

Similarly, those meeting or exceeding certain performance standards can be rewarded somehow.

Similarly, if a depot or staff start losing out, due to the allocator continually allocating incorrectly, I am sure peer pressure will come into play.

The company shouldn't be forced to repaint and incur extra painting costs, due to someone's incompetence.
I have a slight feeling the Percy Main repaints weren't done, just because of the incompetence though.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Dan

Site Administrator

23 Aug 2014, 8:27 am #130
(23 Aug 2014, 8:14 am)Andreos Constantopolous If management are unhappy at the depot allocations, then there is an easy solution.

I agree completely, but this needs to come to their attention before they can do anything. I'm doubtful that there will be anything in place to monitor the allocations of corporate liveried vehicles.

Regarding the repaints - the reason why the vehicles were not repainted when they came off the Blaydon Racers and were transferred to Percy Main was to save money. It was thought that an in-house (rather tacky looking) livery design would be cheaper than to repaint all of the vehicles into corporate livery red.

The reason why they ended up being repainted in the end (meaning the company had wasted money branding the vehicles) was simply due to the fact that the branding was not working. The brand had already been diluted due to two Dennis Tridents being allocated to the scholar services that service 307 interworked with, but this was being made even worse by the fact more and more corporate liveried vehicles were being allocated whilst "Centurion" branded vehicles were being allocated to service 9. Given that the Dennis Tridents are Euro 4 because they are CRT-fitted, these vehicles comply with the contract specifications set by the Jarrow - North Shields section of the route and I still cannot fathom why they weren't allocated. Even now, I can't work out why the depots think that they have four spare OmniCitys for the Coaster, when they are to be allocated to service 9... The spare vehicles are the Dennis Tridents, and these should be allocated before anything else.

The only up-side to repainting the vehicles, as I have said previously, was that the book value of the vehicles was going to be increased.
Dan
23 Aug 2014, 8:27 am #130

(23 Aug 2014, 8:14 am)Andreos Constantopolous If management are unhappy at the depot allocations, then there is an easy solution.

I agree completely, but this needs to come to their attention before they can do anything. I'm doubtful that there will be anything in place to monitor the allocations of corporate liveried vehicles.

Regarding the repaints - the reason why the vehicles were not repainted when they came off the Blaydon Racers and were transferred to Percy Main was to save money. It was thought that an in-house (rather tacky looking) livery design would be cheaper than to repaint all of the vehicles into corporate livery red.

The reason why they ended up being repainted in the end (meaning the company had wasted money branding the vehicles) was simply due to the fact that the branding was not working. The brand had already been diluted due to two Dennis Tridents being allocated to the scholar services that service 307 interworked with, but this was being made even worse by the fact more and more corporate liveried vehicles were being allocated whilst "Centurion" branded vehicles were being allocated to service 9. Given that the Dennis Tridents are Euro 4 because they are CRT-fitted, these vehicles comply with the contract specifications set by the Jarrow - North Shields section of the route and I still cannot fathom why they weren't allocated. Even now, I can't work out why the depots think that they have four spare OmniCitys for the Coaster, when they are to be allocated to service 9... The spare vehicles are the Dennis Tridents, and these should be allocated before anything else.

The only up-side to repainting the vehicles, as I have said previously, was that the book value of the vehicles was going to be increased.

S813 FVK

23 Aug 2014, 9:33 am #131
(23 Aug 2014, 5:53 am)Dan I don't know why it happened, but all I can tell you is that it shouldn't have happened (and you'll just have to take my word on that one as I can't prove this to you). I'm not sure what systems are in place to monitor odd workings (especially corporate liveried vehicles at that), but as soon as management are made aware that Stanley are doing what they like instead of going by the allocations management has set, they will have words.

Service 822 was always a President and headed up to Consett. Wasnt always but it was very rare that it was an Olympian. Again, i just cant find that putting the same sort of bus on the same route for weeks on end, just like the omnicity. Doubt Percy Main (or any other depot) could do it so why can Stanley? Sorry for all this but as im saying in these posts, its very coincidental that the same thing keeps happening over and over again which could (and does (to me)) suggest that its a normal working and does run onto services X70/X71. Same with the Omnicity, the amount of consecutive weeks one has appeared on the same board it may aswell be classed as a normal working.
S813 FVK
23 Aug 2014, 9:33 am #131

(23 Aug 2014, 5:53 am)Dan I don't know why it happened, but all I can tell you is that it shouldn't have happened (and you'll just have to take my word on that one as I can't prove this to you). I'm not sure what systems are in place to monitor odd workings (especially corporate liveried vehicles at that), but as soon as management are made aware that Stanley are doing what they like instead of going by the allocations management has set, they will have words.

Service 822 was always a President and headed up to Consett. Wasnt always but it was very rare that it was an Olympian. Again, i just cant find that putting the same sort of bus on the same route for weeks on end, just like the omnicity. Doubt Percy Main (or any other depot) could do it so why can Stanley? Sorry for all this but as im saying in these posts, its very coincidental that the same thing keeps happening over and over again which could (and does (to me)) suggest that its a normal working and does run onto services X70/X71. Same with the Omnicity, the amount of consecutive weeks one has appeared on the same board it may aswell be classed as a normal working.

Dan

Site Administrator

23 Aug 2014, 9:53 am #132
(23 Aug 2014, 9:33 am)Robert Service 822 was always a President and headed up to Consett. Wasnt always but it was very rare that it was an Olympian. Again, i just cant find that putting the same sort of bus on the same route for weeks on end, just like the omnicity. Doubt Percy Main (or any other depot) could do it so why can Stanley? Sorry for all this but as im saying in these posts, its very coincidental that the same thing keeps happening over and over again which could (and does (to me)) suggest that its a normal working and does run onto services X70/X71. Same with the Omnicity, the amount of consecutive weeks one has appeared on the same board it may aswell be classed as a normal working.

If this is the case, then all I can suggest is that they've changed the boards for reasons unbeknown to myself... It's certainly an odd one, but sheer lack of competence with allocations (especially with corporate liveried vehicles as mentioned before) is not new, which still puts doubt in my mind that things have changed.

Nevertheless; with the upcoming changes to the scholar services in Stanley, things could change again in the upcoming academic year. Stanley will have fewer Olympians from September, and their entire fleet of remaining Olympians will be depleted ready for the Spring term.
Dan
23 Aug 2014, 9:53 am #132

(23 Aug 2014, 9:33 am)Robert Service 822 was always a President and headed up to Consett. Wasnt always but it was very rare that it was an Olympian. Again, i just cant find that putting the same sort of bus on the same route for weeks on end, just like the omnicity. Doubt Percy Main (or any other depot) could do it so why can Stanley? Sorry for all this but as im saying in these posts, its very coincidental that the same thing keeps happening over and over again which could (and does (to me)) suggest that its a normal working and does run onto services X70/X71. Same with the Omnicity, the amount of consecutive weeks one has appeared on the same board it may aswell be classed as a normal working.

If this is the case, then all I can suggest is that they've changed the boards for reasons unbeknown to myself... It's certainly an odd one, but sheer lack of competence with allocations (especially with corporate liveried vehicles as mentioned before) is not new, which still puts doubt in my mind that things have changed.

Nevertheless; with the upcoming changes to the scholar services in Stanley, things could change again in the upcoming academic year. Stanley will have fewer Olympians from September, and their entire fleet of remaining Olympians will be depleted ready for the Spring term.

S813 FVK

23 Aug 2014, 10:16 am #133
(23 Aug 2014, 9:53 am)Dan If this is the case, then all I can suggest is that they've changed the boards for reasons unbeknown to myself... It's certainly an odd one, but sheer lack of competence with allocations (especially with corporate liveried vehicles as mentioned before) is not new, which still puts doubt in my mind that things have changed.

Aye, ill try and pay attention to all the X30/X31 and Scholars runs to see if there are any buses there that could possibly interwork with normal services. The boards undoubtedly will have changed anyway because of these changes.
S813 FVK
23 Aug 2014, 10:16 am #133

(23 Aug 2014, 9:53 am)Dan If this is the case, then all I can suggest is that they've changed the boards for reasons unbeknown to myself... It's certainly an odd one, but sheer lack of competence with allocations (especially with corporate liveried vehicles as mentioned before) is not new, which still puts doubt in my mind that things have changed.

Aye, ill try and pay attention to all the X30/X31 and Scholars runs to see if there are any buses there that could possibly interwork with normal services. The boards undoubtedly will have changed anyway because of these changes.

Diamond One

Banned

23 Aug 2014, 6:15 pm #134
the rain
Diamond One
23 Aug 2014, 6:15 pm #134

the rain

Jimmi

23 Aug 2014, 7:15 pm #135
If you still can't help but wonder why the X93 is often late, one reason is people driving at 30mph down the A171 we were stuck behind a VW camper van after we got out of Whitby and they were doing 30mph except on hills where the speed went down to 15mph, we eventually got past them and then we got stuck behind a tractor.
Jimmi
23 Aug 2014, 7:15 pm #135

If you still can't help but wonder why the X93 is often late, one reason is people driving at 30mph down the A171 we were stuck behind a VW camper van after we got out of Whitby and they were doing 30mph except on hills where the speed went down to 15mph, we eventually got past them and then we got stuck behind a tractor.

Jimmi

23 Aug 2014, 7:55 pm #136
Oh also entering a multi story car park two people were walking up the ramp entering the car park and we beeped the horn and they told us to simmer down.
Jimmi
23 Aug 2014, 7:55 pm #136

Oh also entering a multi story car park two people were walking up the ramp entering the car park and we beeped the horn and they told us to simmer down.

Michael

23 Aug 2014, 8:23 pm #137
Dr who... was fucking terrible

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Aug 2014, 8:23 pm #137

Dr who... was fucking terrible

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

24 Aug 2014, 7:58 am #138
(23 Aug 2014, 8:23 pm)Michael Dr who... was fucking terrible

Have yet to watch it in full but will be doing so later today.

From the little bit I have seen, I thought Peter Capaldi was fine in his role. I loved him as Malcolm Tucker and he should do well as the new Doctor.
MurdnunoC
24 Aug 2014, 7:58 am #138

Have yet to watch it in full but will be doing so later today.

From the little bit I have seen, I thought Peter Capaldi was fine in his role. I loved him as Malcolm Tucker and he should do well as the new Doctor.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

24 Aug 2014, 8:08 am #139

Going on what I seen on the news, it has been quite well recieved
MrFozz
24 Aug 2014, 8:08 am #139

Going on what I seen on the news, it has been quite well recieved

Michael

24 Aug 2014, 9:16 am #140
Good actor, terrible writing.....Moffet needs to go