You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Classic Coaches/TGM Group
Wouldn't be surprised if jim hughes tenders for some of the scholars work, seen as its owned by ian shipley (md @ classic).
(19 Apr 2014, 10:33 pm)nk55 wrote Wouldn't be surprised if jim hughes tenders for some of the scholars work, seen as its owned by ian shipley (md @ classic).

I find it a coincidence that last Sunday Tyresmoke posted on the Jim Hughes thread that:

Jim Hughes are moving depot. 32 vehicles on the new authorisation too... Expansion plans are rife it would seem!
(15 May 2014, 10:27 pm)jaimz13 wrote Does anyone know what's happening with service R3 R4 515 558

Being operated by Arriva I think?
(16 May 2014, 6:39 am)Tom wrote Being operated by Arriva I think?

Nope they're up for tender from Nexus

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(16 May 2014, 7:12 am)Tom wrote GNE might get them then (hopefully!)

i wonder if scarlet band or some other small bus company will get it be nice to see Weardale on R3 R4
Jmoss
(16 May 2014, 8:28 am)jaimz13 wrote i wonder if scarlet band or some other small bus company will get it be nice to see Weardale on R3 R4

Yeah it would be Smile
But I'm not sure Weardale would run light from Crook to Blaydon, or Scarlet Band from Carnforth to Blaydon?
Might see a company like Phoenix or Compass get them but I'm not sure.
(16 May 2014, 2:43 pm)Tom wrote Yeah it would be Smile
But I'm not sure Weardale would run light from Crook to Blaydon, or Scarlet Band from Carnforth to Blaydon?

yeah that's true like will be nice to see who gets it but i don't think it be Phoenix wont cause they don't have enough buses
Jmoss
(16 May 2014, 2:43 pm)Tom wrote Yeah it would be Smile

I'm not sure if Weardale have an out station or use space in someone elses depot as I often see vehicles coming up past Batleys NIS.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(16 May 2014, 3:35 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote I'm not sure if Weardale have an out station or use space in someone elses depot as I often see vehicles coming up past Batleys NIS.

Weardale have a base somewhere in Birtley for the low floor deckers used on their Nexus school contracts. In addition, they also have a depot at Stanhope (as you enter the town, with a petrol station attached) from where the part of the 101 and Consett runs are operated from.
(16 May 2014, 3:40 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Weardale have a base somewhere in Birtley for the low floor deckers used on their Nexus school contracts. In addition, they also have a depot at Stanhope (as you enter the town, with a petrol station attached) from where the part of the 101 and Consett runs are operated from.

Yeah, there has been a Weardale depot based in Weardale for donkeys years Wink.
They only moved into Crook a few years back.

Not sure about it being in Birtley, but judging by the vehicles using the a693 quite a bit, it mustn't be too far.
(16 May 2014, 3:50 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Yeah, there has been a Weardale depot based in Weardale for donkeys years Wink.
They only moved into Crook a few years back.

Not sure about it being in Birtley, but judging by the vehicles using the a693 quite a bit, it mustn't be too far.
The Weardale buses using the A693 will be returning to their depot in Consett where they occupy the Taylors Building on The Elddis Transport Site. Weardale were advertising for School Bus drivers based at Consett back in 2012 and at that time they had an agreement to operate 8 buses and store up to 15 buses on SORN at that site.
(16 May 2014, 3:35 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote I'm not sure if Weardale have an out station or use space in someone elses depot as I often see vehicles coming up past Batleys NIS.

Theres usually one parked in the R.K.P Platforms yard in drum industrial estate, used to be parked at the back of Simpson bros' depot but they moved.
Site Administrator
Classic had five of their DAF DB250/Alexander ALX400s out on Sunderland University shuttles today. 'Tis sad not being able to photograph the Megadekka (previous allocation), though I must admit that even the ALX400s provided a greater capacity than necessary...

I also note that T320FGN and T421GGO have been repainted out of Arriva London livery and into TGM Group livery - I assume T318FGN has also received the same treatment.

[Image: 14180239770_20ddd1713f.jpg]Classic Coaches of Annfield Plain: T320FGN by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

[Image: 14180340227_df8e94f15b.jpg]Classic Coaches of Annfield Plain: T421GGO by danielgrahamm, on Flickr
According to a fleetlist posted on Facebook from last weekend, the following changes have taken place recently...

Scania Berkhof's TUI4739/64, Scania Irizar TUI4841 and Volvo B12B NL52XZY have all left the fleet. Sunderland team coach Van Hool Altano (V1SFC) has been re-registered MX59UPH.

More work cancelled tonight... I think these are bingo bus services so will be interesting to see who picks these up, Jim Hughes anyone?

PB1092907/23 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Croxdale Post Office and Gilesgate, Mill Lane given service number 360 effective from 09-Sep-2014.

PB1092907/2 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Moorside, Derby Drive and Durham, Gilesgate given service number 362 effective from 09-Sep-2014.

PB1092907/11 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Bear Park, Post Office and Durham, Gilesgate given service number 363 effective from 09-Sep-2014.

PB1092907/24 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Coxhoe Park Hill and Gilesgate, Mill Lane given service number 366 effective from 09-Sep-2014.

Does anyone know who/if anyone is taking over the Blackpool shuttle?

Still bemuses me that the thing runs
(16 Jul 2014, 7:21 pm)gtom wrote Does anyone know who/if anyone is taking over the Blackpool shuttle?

Still bemuses me that the thing runs

Saw the Compass Royston run a few weeks back in Stockton.

A lad and a lass had the back row (and entire bus) to themselves.
Babies in 9month. Probably conceived on the a66.
(19 Jul 2014, 7:27 pm)jaimz13 wrote Have they sold the darts yet

Given they don't finish service work until next Sunday, no they won't have done. Indeed I saw one in Durham this evening.

(19 Jul 2014, 8:41 pm)tyresmoke wrote Given they don't finish service work until next Sunday, no they won't have done. Indeed I saw one in Durham this evening.

wonder if Gateshead taxis will buy them
Jmoss
(19 Jul 2014, 8:41 pm)tyresmoke wrote Given they don't finish service work until next Sunday, no they won't have done. Indeed I saw one in Durham this evening.

Any idea why they are being moved on?
(02 Sep 2014, 9:06 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Any idea why they are being moved on?

No need for them any more with the Nexus work finished! Can do the bingo contracts with (what's left of) the coaches I guess!

(02 Sep 2014, 9:16 pm)tyresmoke wrote No need for them any more with the Nexus work finished! Can do the bingo contracts with (what's left of) the coaches I guess!

Appreciate that, but thought they would have been in better nick than some of the existing ANE stock.
Saying that, if they are in decent nick, then they can get a few quid for them.