You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2014

RE: Arriva North East - Latest
Will 1574-81 receive branding for the 23/35, like Jesmond's have for the 306, or will they receive standard branding like the Ecocities?
(14 Oct 2014, 4:51 pm)Dan wrote I'm gonna be loaded with flu!

It's alright.... i already have it

If its not hayfever.. its the bloody flu
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Arriva North East - Latest
The second MAN Ecocity ex-demonstrator arrived at Faverdale today, I believe it is WX61HSL, same colour scheme as FXO, no branding as yet. Didn't see the inside to confirm whether it has been refurbished
Site Administrator
(14 Oct 2014, 8:27 pm)MrPottski wrote The second MAN Ecocity ex-demonstrator arrived at Faverdale today, I believe it is WX61HSL, same colour scheme as FXO, no branding as yet. Didn't see the inside to confirm whether it has been refurbished

To add further information - that's the one which was on demonstration to Go North East at Deptford Depot on services X3 and 35. The interior spec used to be the same as FXO.
I have read (probably on Arriva), that wheelchair spaces are a 'legal' requirement, whereas pushchair spaces are a 'convenience', and passengers should expect to give up the pushchair space if required for a wheelchair.

What happens if a second wheelchair passenger wants to board?

I can understand the driver not wanting to get involved in aggro (and subsequent delays), and I have always believed that the bus operator has an obligation to provide alternative transport (taxi?) if the wheelchair user cannot be accommodated (this might be company policy rather than legislation).

Any facts?

See:- Arriva case 2013.

It seems that if someone is already in the space and refuses to move, then they cannot be made to move - even if a wheelchair user cannot board the bus.

Go North East:- Easy Access Guarantee
Site Administrator
Solo being used for driver shuttles in Sunderland today - usually a van of some sort... Came in from Durham Rd.
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Arriva North East - Latest
(14 Oct 2014, 9:23 pm)G-CPTN wrote I have read (probably on Arriva), that wheelchair spaces are a 'legal' requirement, whereas pushchair spaces are a 'convenience', and passengers should expect to give up the pushchair space if required for a wheelchair.

What happens if a second wheelchair passenger wants to board?

I can understand the driver not wanting to get involved in aggro (and subsequent delays), and I have always believed that the bus operator has an obligation to provide alternative transport (taxi?) if the wheelchair user cannot be accommodated (this might be company policy rather than legislation).

Any facts?

See:- Arriva case 2013.

Go North East:- Easy Access Guarantee
On a related note, Go North East is currently in the process of distributing "Buggy Guides" on its buses.
Will try and pick up one today at some point.
Arriva North East - Latest
(14 Oct 2014, 8:33 pm)Dan wrote To add further information - that's the one which was on demonstration to Go North East at Deptford Depot on services X3 and 35. The interior spec used to be the same as FXO.

It has the same "bubble" interior as FXO. Certainly is different!
Redcar engineering at its best - 1440 what a disappointment. 

Sapphire is supposed to be a premium brand. Granted it's the spare bus but it still is branded as a Sapphire bus. Visually 1440 is stunning as are most the Sapphire pulsars. Mechanically it's shocking reminds me of the old boneshaking darts when it's sat still it sounds like the panels are going to fall on your head.  I'd prefer a Temsa as a Sapphire replacement truth be told 
The X1 was packed to the rafters at 1630 this evening. Every single seat taken and several standees by the time it had left Durham bus station, and then it had a total of 34! standees that I counted by the time it'd reached the uni science site. 5 or 6 of which were stood level with the driver cab and in the doorway, obstructing his view to the left.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(13 Oct 2014, 7:15 am)mb134 wrote Any reason why all three 14 reg Enviros I've seen this morning are all only displaying "X21" or "X22" on their rear display, whereas the 57 reg ones are displaying the full destination? 

When the destination screens have been updated it appears that the setting on the rear display is set to '2' which is the setting for the number only display, and not '3' which is the full rear destination setting on the programming software.
1103 & 1104 have arrived at Stockton with Cadets 1914 & 1922 going the other way to Redcar

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Just loans until Sunday to help us cover the 7s and 17 shuttle with mini Darts for Yarm Fair

Probs the 1st time I've seen it but a hybrid streetlite is off route on 55 to Forest Hall
Favourite Company is: Go North East
Favourite Operator in UK is: EYMS
Owner of Bella the Cat

Mood right now: Fustrated and Feel Left Out
(16 Oct 2014, 7:58 pm)alibill_36 wrote 1587 parked up in Eldon Square earlier with X85 on display presumed to have worked the 17:20.

I'm sure it works of the 306.
1103 and 1104 both worked service 7 today at Stockton, unsurprisingly! Boards 7A and 7C respectively. 1914 was on 64H (22/64s) and 1922 on 63L (all 63s) at Redcar

4515 has now arrived at Redcar, with 7490 transferred to Jesmond

(16 Oct 2014, 9:33 pm)Robert wrote Does an X9 run off service 306? This is based off 2 things - The below image and the photo of a Pulsar on the service which was taken by Dan on Monday:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/15365234909/

All of the X9s run on and off 306s as far as I'm aware, for example the evening ones run out as 306s to Whitley Bay, light back to Cobalt then an X9 into Newcastle to pick up it's next run on the 306.

Site Administrator
I've seen everything ranging from Pulsars, OmniCitys, ALX400s and Volvo B10BLEs on the X9s, though most commonly Pulsars.
1103/4 today are on xx08 and xx28 7s (until lunchtime, when they drop back to end up on xx38/xx58).