North East Buses Other Forms of Transport Railways Tyne and Wear Metro

Tyne and Wear Metro

Tyne and Wear Metro

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (146) Previous 138 39 40146 Next
DanPicken

Banned

27 Oct 2014, 6:03 pm #761
(27 Oct 2014, 5:51 pm)Tom Have a guess why the service is disrupted tonight...

3 trains taken out of service. And of course leaves on the track.
DanPicken
27 Oct 2014, 6:03 pm #761

(27 Oct 2014, 5:51 pm)Tom Have a guess why the service is disrupted tonight...

3 trains taken out of service. And of course leaves on the track.

mb134

27 Oct 2014, 6:07 pm #762
Need to use the Metro this Friday, wondering if anyone can help:
I've tried to use the website but it wont let me find the prices for students or 16-18 year old's ,only adults, can anyone tell me please how much it will cost to get from Monkseaton to Haymarket? Thanks 
mb134
27 Oct 2014, 6:07 pm #762

Need to use the Metro this Friday, wondering if anyone can help:
I've tried to use the website but it wont let me find the prices for students or 16-18 year old's ,only adults, can anyone tell me please how much it will cost to get from Monkseaton to Haymarket? Thanks 

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Oct 2014, 6:08 pm #763
(27 Oct 2014, 6:07 pm)mb134 Need to use the Metro this Friday, wondering if anyone can help:
Believe you've got to have a POP card to be entitled to a discounted fare, so you'd be paying adult fare.
Dan
27 Oct 2014, 6:08 pm #763

(27 Oct 2014, 6:07 pm)mb134 Need to use the Metro this Friday, wondering if anyone can help:
Believe you've got to have a POP card to be entitled to a discounted fare, so you'd be paying adult fare.

mb134

27 Oct 2014, 6:09 pm #764
(27 Oct 2014, 6:08 pm)Dan Believe you've got to have a POP card to be entitled to a discounted fare, so you'd be paying adult fare.
Ah right ok, just got a bit confused as the website stated those fares. Thank you Smile
mb134
27 Oct 2014, 6:09 pm #764

(27 Oct 2014, 6:08 pm)Dan Believe you've got to have a POP card to be entitled to a discounted fare, so you'd be paying adult fare.
Ah right ok, just got a bit confused as the website stated those fares. Thank you Smile

Tom

27 Oct 2014, 6:15 pm #765

DON'T use the metro if you can help it. You'll be delayed no matter what.
Tom
27 Oct 2014, 6:15 pm #765

DON'T use the metro if you can help it. You'll be delayed no matter what.

Andreos1

27 Oct 2014, 6:17 pm #766
Just wanted to try and bring some balance to this.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...hr-7910120

This is on top of the £100k spent chopping down and reducing foliage earlier this year.

It isn't the only railway to struggle with leaves on the line, but it is one that doesn't benefit from the money or infrastructure that Network Rail can throw at their parts of the system.
Even then, trains are delayed, cancelled or timetables are extended to take into account slower acceleration times from stations.
As far as I am aware, the metro trains aren't fitted with the sandboxes that their mainline cousins often have.

In this weather and at this time of the year, low rail adhesion is going to happen - no matter how much money is thrown into combating it.
It is an age old problem and isn't going to be solved overnight.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
27 Oct 2014, 6:17 pm #766

Just wanted to try and bring some balance to this.

This is on top of the £100k spent chopping down and reducing foliage earlier this year.

It isn't the only railway to struggle with leaves on the line, but it is one that doesn't benefit from the money or infrastructure that Network Rail can throw at their parts of the system.
Even then, trains are delayed, cancelled or timetables are extended to take into account slower acceleration times from stations.
As far as I am aware, the metro trains aren't fitted with the sandboxes that their mainline cousins often have.

In this weather and at this time of the year, low rail adhesion is going to happen - no matter how much money is thrown into combating it.

mb134

27 Oct 2014, 6:22 pm #767
(27 Oct 2014, 6:15 pm)Tom DON'T use the metro if you can help it. You'll be delayed no matter what.

Didn't really want to, having read what I have on here over the past few days, however Google reckons its the quickest way to Haymarket from Monkseaton, and it didn't offer me another suggestion.
mb134
27 Oct 2014, 6:22 pm #767

(27 Oct 2014, 6:15 pm)Tom DON'T use the metro if you can help it. You'll be delayed no matter what.

Didn't really want to, having read what I have on here over the past few days, however Google reckons its the quickest way to Haymarket from Monkseaton, and it didn't offer me another suggestion.

Tom

27 Oct 2014, 6:23 pm #768
(27 Oct 2014, 6:22 pm)mb134 Didn't really want to, having read what I have on here over the past few days, however Google reckons its the quickest way to Haymarket from Monkseaton, and it didn't offer me another suggestion.

You could get the bus into Whitley Bay, then the 308?
Tom
27 Oct 2014, 6:23 pm #768

(27 Oct 2014, 6:22 pm)mb134 Didn't really want to, having read what I have on here over the past few days, however Google reckons its the quickest way to Haymarket from Monkseaton, and it didn't offer me another suggestion.

You could get the bus into Whitley Bay, then the 308?

mb134

27 Oct 2014, 6:28 pm #769
(27 Oct 2014, 6:23 pm)Tom You could get the bus into Whitley Bay, then the 308?

It's 22 minutes quicker to get the Metro, so if I miss one the next one will still get me there before the 308 would, plus I don't know my way around there well at all so I figured getting the one train at one station that is likely to be signposted would be my best option.
mb134
27 Oct 2014, 6:28 pm #769

(27 Oct 2014, 6:23 pm)Tom You could get the bus into Whitley Bay, then the 308?

It's 22 minutes quicker to get the Metro, so if I miss one the next one will still get me there before the 308 would, plus I don't know my way around there well at all so I figured getting the one train at one station that is likely to be signposted would be my best option.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Oct 2014, 6:32 pm #770
(27 Oct 2014, 6:17 pm)Andreos1 Just wanted to try and bring some balance to this.

This is exactly what should be happening, but isn't. This was suggested on Tyne & Wear Metro's Facebook page too... A revised timetable, to compensate for the slower acceleration times to pull away from stations, should be made. At least then, the timetable could be relied on.

At the moment, we don't have this. My views are unbalanced due to the fact I regularly use the Metro and I am therefore regularly inconvenienced; however, I do thankfully have alternative means of travel, should there be delays. It's suggest that many people do not have alternative means of travel (most likely due to the fact that the ticket they've paid for does not cover other forms of public transport), and this is why customers have taken to the Metro's Social Media pages in their fury at trains being massively delayed or being cancelled/withdrawn altogether. For the past few mornings, I have seen customers complaining that they have been stood at Metro stations for periods of half an hour on mornings with no Metros coming at all... It's just not acceptable.

The solution to the problem is creating a 'low rail adhesion timetable' which can be relied on - meaning that people can plan in advance and know that they'll stand a chance of getting to their destination on time.
Dan
27 Oct 2014, 6:32 pm #770

(27 Oct 2014, 6:17 pm)Andreos1 Just wanted to try and bring some balance to this.

This is exactly what should be happening, but isn't. This was suggested on Tyne & Wear Metro's Facebook page too... A revised timetable, to compensate for the slower acceleration times to pull away from stations, should be made. At least then, the timetable could be relied on.

At the moment, we don't have this. My views are unbalanced due to the fact I regularly use the Metro and I am therefore regularly inconvenienced; however, I do thankfully have alternative means of travel, should there be delays. It's suggest that many people do not have alternative means of travel (most likely due to the fact that the ticket they've paid for does not cover other forms of public transport), and this is why customers have taken to the Metro's Social Media pages in their fury at trains being massively delayed or being cancelled/withdrawn altogether. For the past few mornings, I have seen customers complaining that they have been stood at Metro stations for periods of half an hour on mornings with no Metros coming at all... It's just not acceptable.

The solution to the problem is creating a 'low rail adhesion timetable' which can be relied on - meaning that people can plan in advance and know that they'll stand a chance of getting to their destination on time.

Andreos1

27 Oct 2014, 6:39 pm #771
(27 Oct 2014, 6:32 pm)Dan This is exactly what should be happening, but isn't. This was suggested on Tyne & Wear Metro's Facebook page too... A revised timetable, to compensate for the slower acceleration times to pull away from stations, should be made. At least then, the timetable could be relied on.

At the moment, we don't have this. My views are unbalanced due to the fact I regularly use the Metro and I am therefore regularly inconvenienced; however, I do thankfully have alternative means of travel, should there be delays. It's suggest that many people do not have alternative means of travel (most likely due to the fact that the ticket they've paid for does not cover other forms of public transport), and this is why customers have taken to the Metro's Social Media pages in their fury at trains being massively delayed or being cancelled/withdrawn altogether.

Low rail adhesion timetables don't solve issues such as leaves blocking signalling circuits though.
You can have the best driver in the world slowing down approaching a station a lot earlier and taking longer to pull away from a station - but if the leaves are blocking the signalling circuits...

There isn't one solution - the fact Network Rail spend millions of pounds of money on several solutions and still can't crack it, tells me that Nexus/DB and their smaller budgets, don't stand much of chance either.

Just to clarify for those who are unsure.
Nexus look after the railway, signalling etc.
DB look after timetables etc.
Edited 27 Oct 2014, 6:42 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
27 Oct 2014, 6:39 pm #771

(27 Oct 2014, 6:32 pm)Dan This is exactly what should be happening, but isn't. This was suggested on Tyne & Wear Metro's Facebook page too... A revised timetable, to compensate for the slower acceleration times to pull away from stations, should be made. At least then, the timetable could be relied on.

At the moment, we don't have this. My views are unbalanced due to the fact I regularly use the Metro and I am therefore regularly inconvenienced; however, I do thankfully have alternative means of travel, should there be delays. It's suggest that many people do not have alternative means of travel (most likely due to the fact that the ticket they've paid for does not cover other forms of public transport), and this is why customers have taken to the Metro's Social Media pages in their fury at trains being massively delayed or being cancelled/withdrawn altogether.

Low rail adhesion timetables don't solve issues such as leaves blocking signalling circuits though.
You can have the best driver in the world slowing down approaching a station a lot earlier and taking longer to pull away from a station - but if the leaves are blocking the signalling circuits...

There isn't one solution - the fact Network Rail spend millions of pounds of money on several solutions and still can't crack it, tells me that Nexus/DB and their smaller budgets, don't stand much of chance either.

Just to clarify for those who are unsure.
Nexus look after the railway, signalling etc.
DB look after timetables etc.

Michael

28 Oct 2014, 2:31 pm #772
Tyne and Wear Metro
8 mins ·
We are running a frequent service with trains running to all destinations but not to the usual timetable. This is due to low rail adhesion.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
28 Oct 2014, 2:31 pm #772

Tyne and Wear Metro
8 mins ·
We are running a frequent service with trains running to all destinations but not to the usual timetable. This is due to low rail adhesion.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Oct 2014, 3:18 pm #773
(28 Oct 2014, 2:31 pm)Michael Tyne and Wear Metro
8 mins ·
'but not to usual timetable' - why can't this revised timetable be published?
Dan
28 Oct 2014, 3:18 pm #773

(28 Oct 2014, 2:31 pm)Michael Tyne and Wear Metro
8 mins ·
'but not to usual timetable' - why can't this revised timetable be published?

Michael

28 Oct 2014, 3:20 pm #774
(28 Oct 2014, 3:18 pm)Dan 'but not to usual timetable' - why can't this revised timetable be published?

Turns up when it wants - new metro moto

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
28 Oct 2014, 3:20 pm #774

(28 Oct 2014, 3:18 pm)Dan 'but not to usual timetable' - why can't this revised timetable be published?

Turns up when it wants - new metro moto

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

28 Oct 2014, 6:48 pm #775
We are running a frequent service. Trains are running to all destinations with delays system wide. This is due to low rail adhesion and signalling fault at Jarrow. Please leave extra time for your journey
Tom
28 Oct 2014, 6:48 pm #775

We are running a frequent service. Trains are running to all destinations with delays system wide. This is due to low rail adhesion and signalling fault at Jarrow. Please leave extra time for your journey

Andy

28 Oct 2014, 11:52 pm #776
Was on a busy rush hour metro when we all got chucked off at Jarrow because of late runnings this was metro number 4048+4077
Andy
28 Oct 2014, 11:52 pm #776

Was on a busy rush hour metro when we all got chucked off at Jarrow because of late runnings this was metro number 4048+4077

Michael

29 Oct 2014, 5:15 pm #777
Due to a problem with the power supply at Bede we are unable to use Platform One, until further notice. During this time all trains will depart from Platform Two only.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Oct 2014, 5:15 pm #777

Due to a problem with the power supply at Bede we are unable to use Platform One, until further notice. During this time all trains will depart from Platform Two only.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

01 Nov 2014, 10:56 pm #778
Oh dear -

There are sever delays systemwide due to a technical problems. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Updated at 22:40, Saturday, 1 November 2014
Tom
01 Nov 2014, 10:56 pm #778

Oh dear -

There are sever delays systemwide due to a technical problems. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Updated at 22:40, Saturday, 1 November 2014

Tom

01 Nov 2014, 11:01 pm #779
Also, earlier There were no trains running between Sunderland and South Hylton in both directions, due to a Network Rail points fault at Sunderland.

AND: There were delays of up to 30 mins between Airport and South Hylton , up to 15 mins between St James and South Shields, this is due to a train being withdrawn from service.
Edited 01 Nov 2014, 11:02 pm by Tom.
Tom
01 Nov 2014, 11:01 pm #779

Also, earlier There were no trains running between Sunderland and South Hylton in both directions, due to a Network Rail points fault at Sunderland.

AND: There were delays of up to 30 mins between Airport and South Hylton , up to 15 mins between St James and South Shields, this is due to a train being withdrawn from service.

Adrian

01 Nov 2014, 11:07 pm #780
(01 Nov 2014, 11:01 pm)Tom Also, earlier There were no trains running between Sunderland and South Hylton in both directions, due to a Network Rail points fault at Sunderland.

There have been issues with points at Sunderland since the start of the Season. Wink

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
01 Nov 2014, 11:07 pm #780

(01 Nov 2014, 11:01 pm)Tom Also, earlier There were no trains running between Sunderland and South Hylton in both directions, due to a Network Rail points fault at Sunderland.

There have been issues with points at Sunderland since the start of the Season. Wink

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Pages (146) Previous 138 39 40146 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average