Menu

Pages (15)    112 13 14 15   
Adrian   28 Oct 2014, 5:58 pm
4935's rear destination display is trying to display the whole lot within a quarter of it. All crunched up. Was on the 13 or 14 at the time.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Diamond One   28 Oct 2014, 6:34 pm
(28 Oct 2014, 5:09 pm)Dan wrote Now back at Percy Main - hopefully ready for service work again tomorrow!

your in luck am up there anyways tomorrow probs Kevin Barass will join me but i will also photo a mobile shot for my Anthony Armitage cause i do not want to leave anth out
gneasy91   28 Oct 2014, 8:41 pm
Im new to this i purchase a 7 day southtynesde today 11.60p driver didnt have wallet he said get 1 when u go home so i said ok i went to shields and met my friend went to asda was raining got the bus back he said cant let u on ticket needs to be in wallet if not they think its forgot the word were u make them yourself, and call the police so i got of bus waited till later got on 5 asked driver for wallet he said yeah will sum 1 help me what should i do r just leave it thank u
Adrian   28 Oct 2014, 9:14 pm
(28 Oct 2014, 8:41 pm)gneasy91 wrote Im new to this i purchase a 7 day southtynesde today 11.60p driver didnt have wallet he said get 1 when u go home so i said ok i went to shields and met my friend went to asda was raining got the bus back he said cant let u on ticket needs to be in wallet if not they think its forgot the word were u make them yourself, and call the police so i got of bus waited till later got on 5 asked driver for wallet he said yeah will sum 1 help me what should i do r just leave it thank u
Email customerservices@gonortheast.co.uk with your complaint.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
gneasy91   28 Oct 2014, 9:47 pm
(28 Oct 2014, 9:14 pm)aureolin wrote Email customerservices@gonortheast.co.uk with your complaint.

Thank u got a cover for it now but wasmt sure if to ring them are not
Andy   28 Oct 2014, 9:50 pm
(22 Oct 2014, 9:29 pm)Adam wrote Does anyone know what buses are going to be used on the X56 shuttle?

Stanley Travel's E2 STX was on yesterday
Dan   29 Oct 2014, 7:57 am
Scania L94 5203 remains on loan to Peterlee for now, but to give an update on the WTX VOR situation...

5333 made a trip and back to Peterlee yesterday - hopefully back on the X7 again soon.

Likewise, 5336 was out on Deptford Staff Shuttles (taking over from 8319 which was on in the morning)...
Michael   29 Oct 2014, 11:18 am
QuayLink buses now accept Pop cards

http://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/quayli...-pop-cards

I thought they did anyway?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BJ10VUS   29 Oct 2014, 11:37 am
Pop cards have always been accepted on the Q1 and Q2, but they are now scanned, rather than just being shown to the driver.
Andreos1   29 Oct 2014, 2:10 pm
Slowly getting there with these smart cards.

NEBOA were promising integrated ticketing as part of their VPA proposal.
Quite an empty promise, when it is being rolled out regardless...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Diamond One   29 Oct 2014, 2:46 pm
3866 is now out today on 327 displaying "Daily Sailings To Europe" and photos are gonna be on Flickr tonight watch this space for more photos
Dan   29 Oct 2014, 5:07 pm
5278 back in service following repaint - 5279 should be sent to Saltmeadows tomorrow for repaint.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Diamond One   29 Oct 2014, 8:09 pm
(29 Oct 2014, 5:41 pm)Tom wrote 3866 - https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/1503...otostream/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/15474032859/ - my version
MrFozz   30 Oct 2014, 9:10 am
3866 looks like it has been taken over by frigging Easyjet!!?
Diamond One   30 Oct 2014, 9:59 am
(30 Oct 2014, 9:10 am)marxistafozzski wrote 3866 looks like it has been taken over by frigging Easyjet!!?

It's almost the same colours as Luton Town Fc and partially Hull City AFC (they play in Orange and black)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   30 Oct 2014, 10:21 am
(30 Oct 2014, 9:59 am)Racer_Experience wrote It's almost the same colours as Luton Town Fc and partially Hull City AFC (they play in Orange and black)

Do easyjet still sponsor Luton? Hull is more dark yellow than orange...Now Blackpool amd one of the teams in Dundee is a nice Tangerine coloir
Dan   30 Oct 2014, 11:10 am
(29 Oct 2014, 5:07 pm)Dan wrote 5278 back in service following repaint - 5279 should be sent to Saltmeadows tomorrow for repaint.
5279 now at Saltmeadows.
Diamond One   30 Oct 2014, 11:18 am
(30 Oct 2014, 10:21 am)marxistafozzski wrote Do easyjet still sponsor Luton? Hull is more dark yellow than orange...Now Blackpool amd one of the teams in Dundee is a nice Tangerine coloir

They do easy jet still sponsor Luton Town but Hull is more Amber Blackpool are more orange while Dundee United have a nice orange colour 
MrFozz   30 Oct 2014, 11:46 am
(30 Oct 2014, 11:18 am)Racer_Experience wrote They do easy jet still sponsor Luton Town but Hull is more Amber Blackpool are more orange while Dundee United have a nice orange colour 
I used to have an Orange Rangers top about 10 years ago, it was took off sale as quick as it went on sale...One half of the sectarian divide was quite unappy with the colour...

Back on topic...The DFDS looks shit, looks like a fat tangoman landed on it from a great height and splattered all over
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
durhambusman   30 Oct 2014, 7:16 pm
5333 was sitting in Peterlee bus station on Wednesday morning.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16042610@N07/15651622472/
tyresmoke   30 Oct 2014, 8:08 pm
(30 Oct 2014, 7:16 pm)durhambusman wrote 5333 was sitting in Peterlee bus station on Wednesday morning.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16042610@N07/15651622472/

Not another one broken? 5334 and 5336 were both sat in Middlesbrough at 1705, I'm guessing one was a changeover for the other, thereby presuming the 1610 X7 didn't run

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Dan   30 Oct 2014, 9:21 pm
(30 Oct 2014, 8:08 pm)tyresmoke wrote Not another one broken? 5334 and 5336 were both sat in Middlesbrough at 1705, I'm guessing one was a changeover for the other, thereby presuming the 1610 X7 didn't run

Another one? Repeat offenders, more like.

5333 was out on road test, which is why it was at Peterlee, as I had said yesterday here. Clearly it needed work on route.
5336 has also been VOR for the same reason as 5333 since mid-September, and clearly they pushed to get it back out into service a bit too soon.
Adrian   30 Oct 2014, 9:25 pm
(30 Oct 2014, 9:21 pm)Dan wrote Another one? Repeat offenders, more like.

5333 was out on road test, which is why it was at Peterlee, as I had said yesterday here. Clearly it needed work on route.
5336 has also been VOR for the same reason as 5333 since mid-September, and clearly they pushed to get it back out into service a bit too soon.

Have 5333 and 5336 had problems for very long? It can't be good having issues with 50% of the X7 fleet, when there's some a lot of competition on route nowadays. I somehow can't see it dragging on for as long as the problems on the 20 have for example.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   30 Oct 2014, 9:28 pm
(30 Oct 2014, 9:25 pm)aureolin wrote Have 5333 and 5336 had problems for very long? It can't be good having issues with 50% of the X7 fleet, when there's some a lot of competition on route nowadays. I somehow can't see it dragging on for as long as the problems on the 20 have for example.

Saw the 1415ish X21 today, and it had about 10 passengers coming in, and 12 passengers going out. No idea about the X7, but has it been affected much by the X21?
Dan   30 Oct 2014, 9:38 pm
(30 Oct 2014, 9:25 pm)aureolin wrote Have 5333 and 5336 had problems for very long? It can't be good having issues with 50% of the X7 fleet, when there's some a lot of competition on route nowadays. I somehow can't see it dragging on for as long as the problems on the 20 have for example.

I believe both have been VOR since mid-September. Peterlee had a Volvo B10BLE and a Scania L94UB to cover all of last month but have only really had a Scania L94UB this month (I'm guessing they've needed the 'extra' bus). Obviously if Deptford have quite a few problems of their own, paired with the fact there's now greater competition on the route (either from the new vehicles on Arriva's service 23 or indeed the new X21 service), they're going to want to get the Mercs back on the road as soon as they can. I think it's been more so an issue of awaiting various parts more than anything else, though I'm not 100% and someone else may be able to confirm...

The situation with the Wear Tees Xpress cannot be compared to the Prince Bishops. The issues with the Mercs have been mechanical and that's why they've had to receive new parts. The apparent issues with the Scania L94s (in most cases) are not mechanical at all; indeed, the most common reason for the "Prince Bishops" branded allocation to be VOR is for their monthly checks. There has been a Scania L94UB which has required an engine overhaul recently, which is a mechanical fault, and was VOR for a period of approximately three months, but this has now returned to service. With a higher PVR and no branded spare vehicles, the missing vehicles are a lot more noticeable. Deptford's allocations are also rather fluid - indeed corporate liveried vehicles are often swapped around and put out onto different services on the grounds of suitability or contractual requirements. Without repeating the points I've made on several occasions prior to this post, it is quite easy to assume that if a vehicle is VOR it's going to be for a mechanical reason. This is not true, and I think most of us will know this as I've banged on about it more than DaveyBowyer has banged on about the Red Arrows getting new buses  this year.

(30 Oct 2014, 9:28 pm)Tom wrote Saw the 1415ish X21 today, and it had about 10 passengers coming in, and 12 passengers going out. No idea about the X7, but has it been affected much by the X21?

Not particularly.
Andreos1   30 Oct 2014, 9:41 pm
It's not those pesky wing mirrors again?

#missingpurplesolars
#wingmirrorissues
#hashtagsonNEB.

Dan   30 Oct 2014, 9:50 pm
(30 Oct 2014, 9:41 pm)Andreos1 wrote It's not those pesky wing mirrors again?

#missingpurplesolars
#wingmirrorissues
#hashtagsonNEB.

It happens with more than just your beloved purple Solars, Andreos. See this post.

#delayedecocitys
#wingmirrorissues
#hashtagsonNEB
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   30 Oct 2014, 9:56 pm
(30 Oct 2014, 9:38 pm)Dan wrote I believe both have been VOR since mid-September. Peterlee had a Volvo B10BLE and a Scania L94UB to cover all of last month but have only really had a Scania L94UB this month (I'm guessing they've needed the 'extra' bus). Obviously if Deptford have quite a few problems of their own, paired with the fact there's now greater competition on the route (either from the new vehicles on Arriva's service 23 or indeed the new X21 service), they're going to want to get the Mercs back on the road as soon as they can. I think it's been more so an issue of awaiting various parts more than anything else, though I'm not 100% and someone else may be able to confirm...

The situation with the Wear Tees Xpress cannot be compared to the Prince Bishops. The issues with the Mercs have been mechanical and that's why they've had to receive new parts. The apparent issues with the Scania L94s (in most cases) are not mechanical at all; indeed, the most common reason for the "Prince Bishops" branded allocation to be VOR is for their monthly checks. There has been a Scania L94UB which has required an engine overhaul recently, which is a mechanical fault, and was VOR for a period of approximately three months, but this has now returned to service. With a higher PVR and no branded spare vehicles, the missing vehicles are a lot more noticeable. Deptford's allocations are also rather fluid - indeed corporate liveried vehicles are often swapped around and put out onto different services on the grounds of suitability or contractual requirements. Without repeating the points I've made on several occasions prior to this post, it is quite easy to assume that if a vehicle is VOR it's going to be for a mechanical reason. This is not true, and I think most of us will know this as I've banged on about it more than DaveyBowyer has banged on about the Red Arrows getting new buses  this year.

Not particularly.

It wasn't for a like for like comparison of the actual issues causing the VORs, but more so a statement that perhaps GNE won't want the issues to go on for as long as those with the Prince Bishops have been. Prince Bishops has no direct competition, and people are going to use it, whether it be a Solar or cattle truck that turns up. If vehicles that customers perceive to be 'clapped out old things' keep turning up on the X7, then they have the option to have a ride out on an EcoCity instead.

Andreos1   30 Oct 2014, 9:59 pm
It did make me chuckle when I read it at the time.

Just to clarify, there is nothing beloved about those purple Solars.
Starting to understand how gtom felt about the DAF's.
Mind, for all their faults, issues with condensation and breakdowns - they had cracking wing mirrors!

Pages (15)    112 13 14 15