Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 135 36 37135 Next
Adam

02 Nov 2014, 11:39 am #701
Hungover Sad Got in at 4ish and was up again at 8.

Was a great night out though with my American friends. Spent the early part of the night in the Weatherspoons at the very top of John Dobson Street, then went touring the clubs having a whole assortment of shots.
Adam
02 Nov 2014, 11:39 am #701

Hungover Sad Got in at 4ish and was up again at 8.

Was a great night out though with my American friends. Spent the early part of the night in the Weatherspoons at the very top of John Dobson Street, then went touring the clubs having a whole assortment of shots.

Simmy

02 Nov 2014, 11:45 am #702
(02 Nov 2014, 11:39 am)Adam Hungover Sad Got in at 4ish and was up again at 8.

Did you visit the wonderful Sam Jacks? Tongue
Simmy
02 Nov 2014, 11:45 am #702

(02 Nov 2014, 11:39 am)Adam Hungover Sad Got in at 4ish and was up again at 8.

Did you visit the wonderful Sam Jacks? Tongue

Adam

02 Nov 2014, 11:59 am #703
(02 Nov 2014, 11:45 am)Simmy Did you visit the wonderful Sam Jacks? Tongue

No we missed that one out last night. It is a wonderful place though. Who doesn't like walking into a bar/club to find some dancing lasses on an overhead balcony Tongue I don't think our female American friends would appreciate us lads stood there gauping at some eye-candy haha.

I can't remember all the places we visited, but I can recall Digi, Perdu, Gotham Town and Empress
Edited 02 Nov 2014, 12:07 pm by Adam.
Adam
02 Nov 2014, 11:59 am #703

(02 Nov 2014, 11:45 am)Simmy Did you visit the wonderful Sam Jacks? Tongue

No we missed that one out last night. It is a wonderful place though. Who doesn't like walking into a bar/club to find some dancing lasses on an overhead balcony Tongue I don't think our female American friends would appreciate us lads stood there gauping at some eye-candy haha.

I can't remember all the places we visited, but I can recall Digi, Perdu, Gotham Town and Empress

Diamond One

Banned

02 Nov 2014, 7:22 pm #704
One of Richards mates messages me to leave Richard alone when it was him too bad she is now blocked on FB I have no time for trouble makers
Diamond One
02 Nov 2014, 7:22 pm #704

One of Richards mates messages me to leave Richard alone when it was him too bad she is now blocked on FB I have no time for trouble makers

MurdnunoC

02 Nov 2014, 7:46 pm #705
(02 Nov 2014, 7:22 pm)Racer_Experience One of Richards mates messages me to leave Richard alone when it was him too bad she is now blocked on FB I have no time for trouble makers

However, 'she' does have a point.

As Aureolin has said 'two wrongs don't make a right'. While Richard may well harass you, it might be argued that you are doing exactly the same by coming on here, accusing him of theft, and generally acting in way that's tantamount to harassment. 

It's obvious that you both have no time for each other and that's unlikely to change. You can't change his behaviour but you can change your own by being the bigger man and let all this animosity go. Give him a wide berth. If he still tries to harass you then ignore him - don't give him the satisfaction of being able to wind you up. 

It might be hard but you'll feel better for it in the long run.

MurdnunoC
02 Nov 2014, 7:46 pm #705

(02 Nov 2014, 7:22 pm)Racer_Experience One of Richards mates messages me to leave Richard alone when it was him too bad she is now blocked on FB I have no time for trouble makers

However, 'she' does have a point.

As Aureolin has said 'two wrongs don't make a right'. While Richard may well harass you, it might be argued that you are doing exactly the same by coming on here, accusing him of theft, and generally acting in way that's tantamount to harassment. 

It's obvious that you both have no time for each other and that's unlikely to change. You can't change his behaviour but you can change your own by being the bigger man and let all this animosity go. Give him a wide berth. If he still tries to harass you then ignore him - don't give him the satisfaction of being able to wind you up. 

It might be hard but you'll feel better for it in the long run.

Adam

02 Nov 2014, 7:53 pm #706
Today really isn't my day like but never mind. 

I mentioned in my previous post the three American lasses me and my mates befriended during freshers. Anyway, I got with one of the Americans during freshers and was dumped by her a couple of weeks ago. I now seem to be in a very awkward situation because the events of last night have resulted in me falling for her flatmate/best friend. What makes it even more awkward is that I agreed to remain very good friends with my ex, so I don't want to hurt her, but both my ex and her flatmate/best friend I've fallen for are both going back to Arkansas next month...

#MoralDilemmas
#complicatedlovelife
#relationshipadvice
#hashtagsonNEB
Edited 02 Nov 2014, 7:56 pm by Adam.
Adam
02 Nov 2014, 7:53 pm #706

Today really isn't my day like but never mind. 

I mentioned in my previous post the three American lasses me and my mates befriended during freshers. Anyway, I got with one of the Americans during freshers and was dumped by her a couple of weeks ago. I now seem to be in a very awkward situation because the events of last night have resulted in me falling for her flatmate/best friend. What makes it even more awkward is that I agreed to remain very good friends with my ex, so I don't want to hurt her, but both my ex and her flatmate/best friend I've fallen for are both going back to Arkansas next month...

#MoralDilemmas
#complicatedlovelife
#relationshipadvice
#hashtagsonNEB

MurdnunoC

02 Nov 2014, 8:08 pm #707
(02 Nov 2014, 7:53 pm)Adam Today really isn't my day like but never mind. 

#MoralDilemmas
#complicatedlovelife
#relationshipadvice
#hashtagsonNEB

Follow your heart.

You say you were dumped by your ex which implies that the decision to end the relationship was hers.

I appreciate that you may have agreed to remain friends, but, as a friend, she should have no objection to you going out with someone you really like. 

If she has a problem with you going out with a friend of hers - the problem lies with her not you. 

I know you want to keep everyone happy but life isn't that simple. If you think that her friend is something special, and her feelings are reciprocated, then go for it!

Long distance relationships however...
MurdnunoC
02 Nov 2014, 8:08 pm #707

(02 Nov 2014, 7:53 pm)Adam Today really isn't my day like but never mind. 

#MoralDilemmas
#complicatedlovelife
#relationshipadvice
#hashtagsonNEB

Follow your heart.

You say you were dumped by your ex which implies that the decision to end the relationship was hers.

I appreciate that you may have agreed to remain friends, but, as a friend, she should have no objection to you going out with someone you really like. 

If she has a problem with you going out with a friend of hers - the problem lies with her not you. 

I know you want to keep everyone happy but life isn't that simple. If you think that her friend is something special, and her feelings are reciprocated, then go for it!

02 Nov 2014, 8:11 pm #708
(02 Nov 2014, 8:08 pm)AdamY Follow your heart.

I agree with what you are saying AdamY, but I've never been in the situation myself (probably never will). Tongue

Adam, do what you want, and don't let people change your decision.
R852 PRG
02 Nov 2014, 8:11 pm #708

I agree with what you are saying AdamY, but I've never been in the situation myself (probably never will). Tongue

Andreos1

02 Nov 2014, 8:21 pm #709
Ask Dr Nick!

There is a thread in here somewhere. Uncle AdamY solved the initial love triangle there too.

Laying my cards on the table - I have 'lived' a bit. Older women, younger women, same age women, bitter women, scorned women, two faced women, secure women, insecure women, in different countries women.

One thing I learned, no matter what you do, what you say - you can't win.
Whatever you do, it will be wrong in someone's eyes.

Just go with your gut instinct and don't let your head rule your heart or vice versa.

One positive, is that you are young and have plenty of time, whatever the outcome here.

Don't let it chew you up. What will be, will be.

As my Dad always reminded me: "don't go plodging without your wellies".
Three kids later - I may start listening to his advice.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
02 Nov 2014, 8:21 pm #709

Ask Dr Nick!

There is a thread in here somewhere. Uncle AdamY solved the initial love triangle there too.

Laying my cards on the table - I have 'lived' a bit. Older women, younger women, same age women, bitter women, scorned women, two faced women, secure women, insecure women, in different countries women.

Just go with your gut instinct and don't let your head rule your heart or vice versa.

One positive, is that you are young and have plenty of time, whatever the outcome here.

Adam

02 Nov 2014, 8:48 pm #710

Sound advice that. Thank you.

My head says one thing, my heart another.

I'm really not sure if the friend feels the same way or not.

It is very hard to keep everyone happy. I don't want to make my friendship with them awkward, and I don't want their friendship to be awkward either.

And it does seem a bit pointless if we've only got a month and a bit left.

Doing A-Level Ethics has made this a hell of a lot harder. I've got all the different theories running through my mind; Utilitarianism, Kantian Ethics, Virtue Ethics.

(02 Nov 2014, 8:11 pm)Marcus I agree with what you are saying AdamY, but I've never been in the situation myself (probably never will). Tongue

Also good advice. Thank you. That's one problem with me. I hate being selfish, so I do always consider other people's opinions and how they would feel. It's quite annoying at times.

(02 Nov 2014, 8:21 pm)Andreos1 Ask Dr Nick!

Also cracking advice. Thank you.

Ah, I should have probably tried to find the Uncle AdamY thread. Completely forgot about it.

In regards to someone seeing either outcome as wrong, that's one of the sub-problems I have. I absolutely hate seeing friends hurt, so if I hurt someone then I'll feel guilty as owt.

I love these deep quotes and mottos people have (blame A-Level philosophy). That's certainly a one to remember.

I'll have to think about it long and hard over the next few days. I might be seeing them tomorrow night for a game of bowling or on Wednesday for bonfire night, or even both, so I best get my skates on.

But seriously lads, thanks a lot. I do appreciate it.
Edited 02 Nov 2014, 8:50 pm by Adam.
Adam
02 Nov 2014, 8:48 pm #710

Sound advice that. Thank you.

It is very hard to keep everyone happy. I don't want to make my friendship with them awkward, and I don't want their friendship to be awkward either.

Doing A-Level Ethics has made this a hell of a lot harder. I've got all the different theories running through my mind; Utilitarianism, Kantian Ethics, Virtue Ethics.

(02 Nov 2014, 8:11 pm)Marcus I agree with what you are saying AdamY, but I've never been in the situation myself (probably never will). Tongue

Also good advice. Thank you. That's one problem with me. I hate being selfish, so I do always consider other people's opinions and how they would feel. It's quite annoying at times.

(02 Nov 2014, 8:21 pm)Andreos1 Ask Dr Nick!

Ah, I should have probably tried to find the Uncle AdamY thread. Completely forgot about it.

In regards to someone seeing either outcome as wrong, that's one of the sub-problems I have. I absolutely hate seeing friends hurt, so if I hurt someone then I'll feel guilty as owt.

I love these deep quotes and mottos people have (blame A-Level philosophy). That's certainly a one to remember.

I'll have to think about it long and hard over the next few days. I might be seeing them tomorrow night for a game of bowling or on Wednesday for bonfire night, or even both, so I best get my skates on.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

03 Nov 2014, 11:02 am #711
(30 Oct 2014, 1:48 pm)Michael The new Terminator plot... i was looking forward to it and now i'm not... sounds terrible!

The PLOT IS BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The beginning of Terminator: Genisys, the first of three planned films that Paramount hopes will relaunch the beloved sci-fi franchise, is set in 2029, when the Future War is raging and a group of human rebels has the evil artificial-intelligence system Skynet on the ropes. John Connor (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes’ Jason Clarke) is the leader of the resistance, and Kyle Reese (Divergent‘s Jai Courtney) is his loyal soldier, raised in the ruins of post apocalyptic California. As in the original film, Connor sends Reese back to 1984 to save Connor’s mother, Sarah (Game of Thrones‘ Emilia Clarke), from a Terminator programmed to kill her so that she won’t ever give birth to John. But what Reese finds on the other side is nothing like he expected.

Twist No. 1? Sarah Connor isn’t the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton’s steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991’s T2. Rather, the mother of humanity’s messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she’s been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger’s Terminator—an older T-800 she calls “Pops”—who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who’s great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion.
Thanks for that Michael, wont need to watch it now

(31 Oct 2014, 7:20 pm)aureolin It's probably best you and this Richard give each other a wide berth... Two wrongs don't make a right, and it's silly little 'telling tales' like this, that make the pro-enthusiast position in Nexus bus stations, untenable...

Been telling him that for agea

Told you once, I have told you a hundred times, ignore the bloke

(02 Nov 2014, 8:48 pm)Adam Sound advice that. Thank you.

Uncle Mista Fozz is willing to give advice if I can Big Grin
MrFozz
03 Nov 2014, 11:02 am #711

(30 Oct 2014, 1:48 pm)Michael The new Terminator plot... i was looking forward to it and now i'm not... sounds terrible!

The PLOT IS BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The beginning of Terminator: Genisys, the first of three planned films that Paramount hopes will relaunch the beloved sci-fi franchise, is set in 2029, when the Future War is raging and a group of human rebels has the evil artificial-intelligence system Skynet on the ropes. John Connor (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes’ Jason Clarke) is the leader of the resistance, and Kyle Reese (Divergent‘s Jai Courtney) is his loyal soldier, raised in the ruins of post apocalyptic California. As in the original film, Connor sends Reese back to 1984 to save Connor’s mother, Sarah (Game of Thrones‘ Emilia Clarke), from a Terminator programmed to kill her so that she won’t ever give birth to John. But what Reese finds on the other side is nothing like he expected.

Twist No. 1? Sarah Connor isn’t the innocent she was when Linda Hamilton first sported feathered hair and acid-washed jeans in the role. Nor is she Hamilton’s steely zero body-fat warrior in 1991’s T2. Rather, the mother of humanity’s messiah was orphaned by a Terminator at age 9. Since then, she’s been raised by (brace yourself) Schwarzenegger’s Terminator—an older T-800 she calls “Pops”—who is programmed to guard rather than to kill. As a result, Sarah is a highly trained antisocial recluse who’s great with a sniper rifle but not so skilled at the nuances of human emotion.
Thanks for that Michael, wont need to watch it now

(31 Oct 2014, 7:20 pm)aureolin It's probably best you and this Richard give each other a wide berth... Two wrongs don't make a right, and it's silly little 'telling tales' like this, that make the pro-enthusiast position in Nexus bus stations, untenable...

Been telling him that for agea

Told you once, I have told you a hundred times, ignore the bloke

(02 Nov 2014, 8:48 pm)Adam Sound advice that. Thank you.

Uncle Mista Fozz is willing to give advice if I can Big Grin

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

03 Nov 2014, 11:04 am #712
Whats annoying me today...I never slept a wink on Friday Night, I never slept a wink last night, am fucking knackered, I am due to have a tooth out this afternoon...

And I am relapsing...old habits die hard...
MrFozz
03 Nov 2014, 11:04 am #712

Whats annoying me today...I never slept a wink on Friday Night, I never slept a wink last night, am fucking knackered, I am due to have a tooth out this afternoon...

And I am relapsing...old habits die hard...

Jimmi

03 Nov 2014, 12:17 pm #713
Shopping for jeans.

I hate it, all stops seem to think we are skinny and very tall or morbidly obese and I don't want to pay £40 for ONE pair.

Also some tosser shoved past me on the escalator.
Jimmi
03 Nov 2014, 12:17 pm #713

Shopping for jeans.

I hate it, all stops seem to think we are skinny and very tall or morbidly obese and I don't want to pay £40 for ONE pair.

MurdnunoC

03 Nov 2014, 1:59 pm #714
(03 Nov 2014, 12:17 pm)Jimmi Shopping for jeans.

Try ASDA, Tesco or Primark. You can buy two or three (and perhaps four) pairs of jeans for £40. They come in a range of sizes too.
MurdnunoC
03 Nov 2014, 1:59 pm #714

(03 Nov 2014, 12:17 pm)Jimmi Shopping for jeans.

Try ASDA, Tesco or Primark. You can buy two or three (and perhaps four) pairs of jeans for £40. They come in a range of sizes too.

Jimmi

03 Nov 2014, 2:15 pm #715
Got some in Burton.

What's annoying me now is people walking through shops with their eyes glued to their phones not looking where they are going and clash into you and make its your fault even when you've had to stop in the hope they look up for a second and see you coming.
Jimmi
03 Nov 2014, 2:15 pm #715

Got some in Burton.

What's annoying me now is people walking through shops with their eyes glued to their phones not looking where they are going and clash into you and make its your fault even when you've had to stop in the hope they look up for a second and see you coming.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

03 Nov 2014, 3:00 pm #716
Can we have a brand new thread started whats annoying Jimmi today Tongue....

I'm kidding mate...I like ya really Big Grin
MrFozz
03 Nov 2014, 3:00 pm #716

Can we have a brand new thread started whats annoying Jimmi today Tongue....

I'm kidding mate...I like ya really Big Grin

Jimmi

03 Nov 2014, 4:19 pm #717
Can we have a brand new thread started whats annoying Jimmi today

I'm kidding mate...I like ya really
Sounds like a good idea.
Jimmi
03 Nov 2014, 4:19 pm #717

Can we have a brand new thread started whats annoying Jimmi today

I'm kidding mate...I like ya really
Sounds like a good idea.

Michael

03 Nov 2014, 5:26 pm #718
Traffic... everywhere...

56 diverting from Nissan.. nightmare... southwick to the bus link at Southwick... terrible...SOL to Wheatscheaf... nightmare.... only took me over an hour from Concord to Park lane...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
03 Nov 2014, 5:26 pm #718

Traffic... everywhere...

56 diverting from Nissan.. nightmare... southwick to the bus link at Southwick... terrible...SOL to Wheatscheaf... nightmare.... only took me over an hour from Concord to Park lane...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

03 Nov 2014, 5:29 pm #719
Part of me is pleased to see it in frontline service. Part of me is gutted to have yet to ride it - the Alexander of Brylaine's I saw the other week in Lincoln bus station, was out again today on the 5.
I was heading in the opposite direction.
Gutted!

Andreos1
03 Nov 2014, 5:29 pm #719

Part of me is pleased to see it in frontline service. Part of me is gutted to have yet to ride it - the Alexander of Brylaine's I saw the other week in Lincoln bus station, was out again today on the 5.
I was heading in the opposite direction.
Gutted!

Dan

Site Administrator

03 Nov 2014, 5:34 pm #720
.....and none of my Metros were late today (hurrah!!)
Dan
03 Nov 2014, 5:34 pm #720

.....and none of my Metros were late today (hurrah!!)

Pages (135) Previous 135 36 37135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average