Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (52) Previous 111 12 1352 Next
Kuyoyo

30 Oct 2014, 9:48 pm #221
(30 Oct 2014, 9:42 pm)bertibassett Where was this information obtained? I'd like a preview

http://jplanner.travelinenortheast.info/

Just enter start and end point and change time/date to after Sunday 30th November.

Sadly not everything is showing yet - still has the old times for the eve/Sun 12s, 13s, 35s, 52s, 58s and stills shows 610/611.
Kuyoyo
30 Oct 2014, 9:48 pm #221

(30 Oct 2014, 9:42 pm)bertibassett Where was this information obtained? I'd like a preview

http://jplanner.travelinenortheast.info/

Just enter start and end point and change time/date to after Sunday 30th November.

Sadly not everything is showing yet - still has the old times for the eve/Sun 12s, 13s, 35s, 52s, 58s and stills shows 610/611.

30 Oct 2014, 11:10 pm #222
(30 Oct 2014, 9:48 pm)Kuyoyo http://jplanner.travelinenortheast.info/

I've had a good look through the planner, and have noticed some differences. e.g. the 12's running 2 minutes earlier, 34's and 14's will inter act. 39's will need jet powered packs and the others have changed times slightly. Looks like we will be going up to Coulby as a 10 and coming back as an 11. We've lost a minute on the 12's. If it's correct regarding outside monitoring of the services, I'm led to believe that these new times if correct at going to press won't last. Happy Days... :s
bertibassett
30 Oct 2014, 11:10 pm #222

(30 Oct 2014, 9:48 pm)Kuyoyo http://jplanner.travelinenortheast.info/

I've had a good look through the planner, and have noticed some differences. e.g. the 12's running 2 minutes earlier, 34's and 14's will inter act. 39's will need jet powered packs and the others have changed times slightly. Looks like we will be going up to Coulby as a 10 and coming back as an 11. We've lost a minute on the 12's. If it's correct regarding outside monitoring of the services, I'm led to believe that these new times if correct at going to press won't last. Happy Days... :s

col87

31 Oct 2014, 12:09 am #223
(30 Oct 2014, 7:47 pm)bertibassett In my experience, it's usually better to wait until the timetables are released, simply because there are too many speculations flying around that get carried away. I have driven many 37's and in my own experience have never carried lots of people to either North Tees or James Cook. I would say I've carried more on the 59. As for the branding which I made a note that the destination links are just that rather than routes. There was speculation with fellow drivers that the 38 was a dead loss but the VOSA application stated changes not cancellation. There are other things to consider regarding routes and timings coming early next year so these changes now would possibly be the main changes with some minor adjustments to follow. The plot thickens....
Stagecoach seem to have caused confusion since day one with Hartlepool management like myself taking the branding as a service to North Tees they need to get there act sorted and confirm properly what is happening to the new services unless they are still considering last minuate changes
col87
31 Oct 2014, 12:09 am #223

(30 Oct 2014, 7:47 pm)bertibassett In my experience, it's usually better to wait until the timetables are released, simply because there are too many speculations flying around that get carried away. I have driven many 37's and in my own experience have never carried lots of people to either North Tees or James Cook. I would say I've carried more on the 59. As for the branding which I made a note that the destination links are just that rather than routes. There was speculation with fellow drivers that the 38 was a dead loss but the VOSA application stated changes not cancellation. There are other things to consider regarding routes and timings coming early next year so these changes now would possibly be the main changes with some minor adjustments to follow. The plot thickens....
Stagecoach seem to have caused confusion since day one with Hartlepool management like myself taking the branding as a service to North Tees they need to get there act sorted and confirm properly what is happening to the new services unless they are still considering last minuate changes

Multi21

08 Nov 2014, 10:11 am #224
I can see the 39 drivers getting a lot of stick now if I'm honest I know stagecoach see it as a long way but the current 37 to James Cook was a god sent for North Ormesby -  JCUH. The 39 should be every 10 minutes with a half hour extention ie 39A which will run to JCUH. Switch your brain on stagecoach. 
Multi21
08 Nov 2014, 10:11 am #224

I can see the 39 drivers getting a lot of stick now if I'm honest I know stagecoach see it as a long way but the current 37 to James Cook was a god sent for North Ormesby -  JCUH. The 39 should be every 10 minutes with a half hour extention ie 39A which will run to JCUH. Switch your brain on stagecoach. 

tyresmoke

08 Nov 2014, 10:32 am #225
(08 Nov 2014, 10:11 am)Multi21 I can see the 39 drivers getting a lot of stick now if I'm honest I know stagecoach see it as a long way but the current 37 to James Cook was a god sent for North Ormesby -  JCUH. The 39 should be every 10 minutes with a half hour extention ie 39A which will run to JCUH. Switch your brain on stagecoach. 

There used to be quite a few hospital staff use it from Park End to the hospital too

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
08 Nov 2014, 10:32 am #225

(08 Nov 2014, 10:11 am)Multi21 I can see the 39 drivers getting a lot of stick now if I'm honest I know stagecoach see it as a long way but the current 37 to James Cook was a god sent for North Ormesby -  JCUH. The 39 should be every 10 minutes with a half hour extention ie 39A which will run to JCUH. Switch your brain on stagecoach. 

There used to be quite a few hospital staff use it from Park End to the hospital too

Cock Robin

08 Nov 2014, 2:23 pm #226
Scope for Leven Valley I would have thought. James Cook - Park End - North Ormesby, non stop down A66 to Stockton. That's what I'd do anyway!
Cock Robin
08 Nov 2014, 2:23 pm #226

Scope for Leven Valley I would have thought. James Cook - Park End - North Ormesby, non stop down A66 to Stockton. That's what I'd do anyway!

tyresmoke

08 Nov 2014, 4:26 pm #227
(08 Nov 2014, 2:23 pm)Cock Robin Scope for Leven Valley I would have thought. James Cook - Park End - North Ormesby, non stop down A66 to Stockton. That's what I'd do anyway!

James Cook - Park End - Morrisons - North Ormesby - Middlesbrough on top of extending the A66/H66 to Middlesbrough from Teesside Park...

tyresmoke
08 Nov 2014, 4:26 pm #227

(08 Nov 2014, 2:23 pm)Cock Robin Scope for Leven Valley I would have thought. James Cook - Park End - North Ormesby, non stop down A66 to Stockton. That's what I'd do anyway!

James Cook - Park End - Morrisons - North Ormesby - Middlesbrough on top of extending the A66/H66 to Middlesbrough from Teesside Park...

Andreos1

08 Nov 2014, 4:31 pm #228
Extend it to North Tees too. 

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
08 Nov 2014, 4:31 pm #228

Extend it to North Tees too. 

09 Nov 2014, 12:10 pm #229

I very much agree with you regarding getting some stick. I'll be one of them. Sad But with the new electronic system being put into place. ( been used to monitor services over the last 3-4 months ) It will be interesting to see how it all pans out over the coming months especially with the last 4 weeks run up to Christmas and the blessed grid lock which usually occurs outside the bus station and up Linthorpe Road. If it is true regarding the 39's and 12's interacting then god help any driver working Middlesbrough. With regards to the 37 to JCUH, again all I can say is that I've personally dropped more pax off on Marton Road than carried to the Hospital. Not only that, depends on how much Arriva are going to allow how many services we operate up and down Marton Road and Ladgate Lane. What if Arriva decide to extend the 15 into North Tees Hospital? or decide to make a permant link to Hartlepool. :s
bertibassett
09 Nov 2014, 12:10 pm #229

I very much agree with you regarding getting some stick. I'll be one of them. Sad But with the new electronic system being put into place. ( been used to monitor services over the last 3-4 months ) It will be interesting to see how it all pans out over the coming months especially with the last 4 weeks run up to Christmas and the blessed grid lock which usually occurs outside the bus station and up Linthorpe Road. If it is true regarding the 39's and 12's interacting then god help any driver working Middlesbrough. With regards to the 37 to JCUH, again all I can say is that I've personally dropped more pax off on Marton Road than carried to the Hospital. Not only that, depends on how much Arriva are going to allow how many services we operate up and down Marton Road and Ladgate Lane. What if Arriva decide to extend the 15 into North Tees Hospital? or decide to make a permant link to Hartlepool. :s

Cock Robin

10 Nov 2014, 5:26 pm #230
(09 Nov 2014, 12:10 pm)bertibassett I very much agree with you regarding getting some stick. I'll be one of them. Sad But with the new electronic system being put into place. ( been used to monitor services over the last 3-4 months ) It will be interesting to see how it all pans out over the coming months especially with the last 4 weeks run up to Christmas and the blessed grid lock which usually occurs outside the bus station and up Linthorpe Road. If it is true regarding the 39's and 12's interacting then god help any driver working Middlesbrough. With regards to the 37 to JCUH, again all I can say is that I've personally dropped more pax off on Marton Road than carried to the Hospital. Not only that, depends on how much Arriva are going to allow how many services we operate up and down Marton Road and Ladgate Lane. What if Arriva decide to extend the 15 into North Tees Hospital? or decide to make a permant link to Hartlepool. :s

We can hope! Would be much cheaper to visit Hartlepool and Redcar in the same day!
Cock Robin
10 Nov 2014, 5:26 pm #230

(09 Nov 2014, 12:10 pm)bertibassett I very much agree with you regarding getting some stick. I'll be one of them. Sad But with the new electronic system being put into place. ( been used to monitor services over the last 3-4 months ) It will be interesting to see how it all pans out over the coming months especially with the last 4 weeks run up to Christmas and the blessed grid lock which usually occurs outside the bus station and up Linthorpe Road. If it is true regarding the 39's and 12's interacting then god help any driver working Middlesbrough. With regards to the 37 to JCUH, again all I can say is that I've personally dropped more pax off on Marton Road than carried to the Hospital. Not only that, depends on how much Arriva are going to allow how many services we operate up and down Marton Road and Ladgate Lane. What if Arriva decide to extend the 15 into North Tees Hospital? or decide to make a permant link to Hartlepool. :s

We can hope! Would be much cheaper to visit Hartlepool and Redcar in the same day!

Cock Robin

10 Nov 2014, 5:27 pm #231
(08 Nov 2014, 4:26 pm)tyresmoke James Cook - Park End - Morrisons - North Ormesby - Middlesbrough on top of extending the A66/H66 to Middlesbrough from Teesside Park...

Good thinking!
Cock Robin
10 Nov 2014, 5:27 pm #231

(08 Nov 2014, 4:26 pm)tyresmoke James Cook - Park End - Morrisons - North Ormesby - Middlesbrough on top of extending the A66/H66 to Middlesbrough from Teesside Park...

Good thinking!

idiot

10 Jan 2015, 3:02 pm #232
Just been looking at the prices of tickets in Tyne and Wear.

I think the X34 should be extended to Sunderland. Would make another connection for Newcastle and possibly give a journey time looking at x34 and e1 timetables of just over an hour. Failing this a guaranteed connection between the two would be beneficial.

Stagecoach ticket for a week £12.90
Go North East £25.50
Metro is £20.90

I would use it as an alternative. With some plug sockets and WiFi I think it could work.
Edited 10 Jan 2015, 3:03 pm by idiot.
idiot
10 Jan 2015, 3:02 pm #232

Just been looking at the prices of tickets in Tyne and Wear.

I think the X34 should be extended to Sunderland. Would make another connection for Newcastle and possibly give a journey time looking at x34 and e1 timetables of just over an hour. Failing this a guaranteed connection between the two would be beneficial.

Go North East £25.50
Metro is £20.90

I would use it as an alternative. With some plug sockets and WiFi I think it could work.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Jan 2015, 10:00 pm #233
(10 Jan 2015, 3:02 pm)idiot Just been looking at the prices of tickets in Tyne and Wear.

Go North East £25.50
Metro is £20.90

How many attempts do we need to know a service from Sunderland to Newcastle, will most likely not work...GNE tried it with X2, X3 and X36, apart from the 56, I am not convinced any Sunderland-Newcastle(apart from the 56) can/will work, can a new service realistically compete with The Metro...

Interesting thought tho fella Smile
MrFozz
10 Jan 2015, 10:00 pm #233

(10 Jan 2015, 3:02 pm)idiot Just been looking at the prices of tickets in Tyne and Wear.

Go North East £25.50
Metro is £20.90

How many attempts do we need to know a service from Sunderland to Newcastle, will most likely not work...GNE tried it with X2, X3 and X36, apart from the 56, I am not convinced any Sunderland-Newcastle(apart from the 56) can/will work, can a new service realistically compete with The Metro...

idiot

11 Jan 2015, 2:24 am #234
They have all been GNE attempts lol. I would like a guaranteed connection as a trial lol
idiot
11 Jan 2015, 2:24 am #234

They have all been GNE attempts lol. I would like a guaranteed connection as a trial lol

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Jan 2015, 2:32 am #235
(11 Jan 2015, 2:24 am)idiot They have all been GNE attempts lol. I would like a guaranteed connection as a trial lol
Yep, what I mentioned was GNE attempts, but there is no evidence whatsoever to back up that another company would succeed where GNE has so obviously failed.

Interesting idea as I said, but I suspect such a service would be on it's arse within months...One thing I will say, we can not be 100% certain unless someone takes the risk and tries it Smile
MrFozz
11 Jan 2015, 2:32 am #235

(11 Jan 2015, 2:24 am)idiot They have all been GNE attempts lol. I would like a guaranteed connection as a trial lol
Yep, what I mentioned was GNE attempts, but there is no evidence whatsoever to back up that another company would succeed where GNE has so obviously failed.

Interesting idea as I said, but I suspect such a service would be on it's arse within months...One thing I will say, we can not be 100% certain unless someone takes the risk and tries it Smile

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Jan 2015, 7:50 am #236
(10 Jan 2015, 10:00 pm)MrFozz How many attempts do we need to know a service from Sunderland to Newcastle, will most likely not work...GNE tried it with X2, X3 and X36, apart from the 56, I am not convinced any Sunderland-Newcastle(apart from the 56) can/will work, can a new service realistically compete with The Metro...

Have to agree, and the 56 is successful because it provides local links. Very few use it from Sunderland all the way to Newcastle, and those who do are likely to be taking advantage of the earlier/later journeys which operate when the Metros stop running.
Dan
11 Jan 2015, 7:50 am #236

(10 Jan 2015, 10:00 pm)MrFozz How many attempts do we need to know a service from Sunderland to Newcastle, will most likely not work...GNE tried it with X2, X3 and X36, apart from the 56, I am not convinced any Sunderland-Newcastle(apart from the 56) can/will work, can a new service realistically compete with The Metro...

Have to agree, and the 56 is successful because it provides local links. Very few use it from Sunderland all the way to Newcastle, and those who do are likely to be taking advantage of the earlier/later journeys which operate when the Metros stop running.

Andreos1

11 Jan 2015, 10:10 am #237
However, what SNE would be doing would be totally different to GNE.
By running alongside (or guaranteeing connection) two successful services, the market is already there, ditto passengers too. Over the years, the number of SNE services linking South Tyneside and Sunderland have increased from the E1, to what we have now.

This is in contrast to GNE's attempts in the past or more recently, which has usually involved an extension of a 'via Houghton' service into a new market OR a new service, like the X3, into a new market.

The problem (as far as I am concerned), is the speed and frequency of the metro, with passengers paying the associated premium to travel via bus initially, rather than choose the slower, less frequent bus and using the bus operators ticket.

The key element are the villages not connected to the Metro, such as Boldon, with both the village/population growing and the willingness of operators in exploiting that - in all directions.
Edited 11 Jan 2015, 10:12 am by Andreos1.

Andreos1
11 Jan 2015, 10:10 am #237

However, what SNE would be doing would be totally different to GNE.
By running alongside (or guaranteeing connection) two successful services, the market is already there, ditto passengers too. Over the years, the number of SNE services linking South Tyneside and Sunderland have increased from the E1, to what we have now.

This is in contrast to GNE's attempts in the past or more recently, which has usually involved an extension of a 'via Houghton' service into a new market OR a new service, like the X3, into a new market.

The problem (as far as I am concerned), is the speed and frequency of the metro, with passengers paying the associated premium to travel via bus initially, rather than choose the slower, less frequent bus and using the bus operators ticket.

The key element are the villages not connected to the Metro, such as Boldon, with both the village/population growing and the willingness of operators in exploiting that - in all directions.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Jan 2015, 11:41 am #238
(11 Jan 2015, 10:10 am)Andreos1 However, what SNE would be doing would be totally different to GNE.

Between Sunderland and Boldon, not connected you have Southwick, Castletown, Downhill, Red House, Town End Farm, but I reckon the 56 will only be an hour from the Hylton Castle end of Washington Road(whatever it is called)...The X36 already goes round the places I named and does not perform in a spectacular fashion.

It would be good if someone could find a solution to it and if SNE ever decided to give it a shot, then fair play to them, we dont know what would happen till it is tried.

In my opinion The Metro will always dominate buses because of speed
MrFozz
11 Jan 2015, 11:41 am #238

(11 Jan 2015, 10:10 am)Andreos1 However, what SNE would be doing would be totally different to GNE.

Between Sunderland and Boldon, not connected you have Southwick, Castletown, Downhill, Red House, Town End Farm, but I reckon the 56 will only be an hour from the Hylton Castle end of Washington Road(whatever it is called)...The X36 already goes round the places I named and does not perform in a spectacular fashion.

It would be good if someone could find a solution to it and if SNE ever decided to give it a shot, then fair play to them, we dont know what would happen till it is tried.

In my opinion The Metro will always dominate buses because of speed

tyresmoke

11 Jan 2015, 12:51 pm #239
What the X34 needs is a 20 minute frequency and Gold Scanviro 400s - this would give a PVR of 5 with 100 minute round trip time, allowing for increased recovery time whilst giving room for growth with the increased benefit that the Stagecoach Gold brand would offer.

tyresmoke
11 Jan 2015, 12:51 pm #239

What the X34 needs is a 20 minute frequency and Gold Scanviro 400s - this would give a PVR of 5 with 100 minute round trip time, allowing for increased recovery time whilst giving room for growth with the increased benefit that the Stagecoach Gold brand would offer.

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Jan 2015, 1:03 pm #240
(11 Jan 2015, 12:51 pm)tyresmoke What the X34 needs is a 20 minute frequency and Gold Scanviro 400s - this would give a PVR of 5 with 100 minute round trip time, allowing for increased recovery time whilst giving room for growth with the increased benefit that the Stagecoach Gold brand would offer.

As much as I would like to see the Stagecoach Gold brand implemented in the North East, I don't think the X34 is that good a performer to justify being the first route in the North East to be converted to this specification...

Outside of peak times, from what I have seen, the X34 often carries very few people (and those who are on-board are typically older people rather than adult single/return fares). Of course, during peak times and at Christmas, completely different story...
Dan
11 Jan 2015, 1:03 pm #240

(11 Jan 2015, 12:51 pm)tyresmoke What the X34 needs is a 20 minute frequency and Gold Scanviro 400s - this would give a PVR of 5 with 100 minute round trip time, allowing for increased recovery time whilst giving room for growth with the increased benefit that the Stagecoach Gold brand would offer.

As much as I would like to see the Stagecoach Gold brand implemented in the North East, I don't think the X34 is that good a performer to justify being the first route in the North East to be converted to this specification...

Outside of peak times, from what I have seen, the X34 often carries very few people (and those who are on-board are typically older people rather than adult single/return fares). Of course, during peak times and at Christmas, completely different story...

Pages (52) Previous 111 12 1352 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average