You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Weardale
W6 WMS has been used quite a lot recently on the X21 service both on Saturday and also Wednesday as the two Coaches that were used on the X21 seem to have been sold.And now Weardale have three service Buses having added a MCV to the fleet  this is used on the 101 service to allow one of the MAN Meridians to be be used on the X21
Thanks, was just wondering as I've seen a few pics on Flickr of the MANs working the X21 and wondered if it was now normal as it was usually a coach on a Saturday and a double decker most Wednesdays.
Just a quick update as I'm trying to update the Weardale fleetlist...
GIB976 is now back as YN54DDU and GIB1067 > YN54DDX. This would suggest they have been (or are about to be) sold

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Tried putting this on earlier but didn't work. Saturday Weardale X21 Stanhope - Newcastle has been MAN Meridian W6/W666 WMS (but sometimes may get smaller bus e.g. Solo or MCV on 1600 from Stanhope & 1730 rtn if low loadings earlier). Coach T66WMS was used til a few weeks ago. On Wednesdays one of the recent ex London ALX 400s has been used as it does a Gateshead Nexus school during afternoon.
(21 Sep 2014, 3:55 pm)Andy wrote The X21 stops at Metrocentre Coach Park and has used GIB1067 when I've seen it

Yes GIB1067 was the main Coach and also GIB976 but i think the pair of them have been sold as not seen either since early summer.
(23 Sep 2014, 6:09 am)BUSFAN wrote Yes GIB1067 was the main Coach and also GIB976 but i think the pair of them have been sold as not seen either since early summer.

Both of the 70-seat Panther's have been sold. There is a possibility that Javelin T66WMS may see use but it is dependent on whether the driver has the correct licence for it, as it is a manual.
VOSA:

PB0002406/51 - WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICES LTD, EAST END, STANHOPE, BISHOP AUCKLAND, DL13 2YQ

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between CARDINAL HUME RC SCHOOL and FELLING SQUARE given service number SCH 880 effective from 29-Sep-2014. To amend Route.
(05 Oct 2014, 6:28 am)BUSFAN wrote Looks like Weardale have been buying another Optare Solo this one has come from Plaxton Coach sales.

YJ59GHO previously with Newbury and District. It will be re-registered to GO59WMS but operate initially in its black livery. Will be like having Lockey's back....
(10 Oct 2014, 7:13 pm)RGR756V wrote YJ59GHO previously with Newbury and District. It will be re-registered to GO59WMS but operate initially in its black livery. Will be like having Lockey's back....
I recall when Weardale bought Solo Y555 ELF its was also Black and was used like that for a whlle i wonder what the new Solo has replaced or just added to the fleet.The reg G059 WMS was origanally carried by a Triaxle Volvo Jonkernere.
(11 Oct 2014, 7:01 am)Greg in Weardale wrote I understand that the Orion Bluebird has gone in part exchange for this Solo. Thank goodness, it was an awful vehicle.

One of the pair of Sprinters Weardale  got from Gardiners in 2008 is for sale on Gumtree looking as if it has seen some action since leaving Weardale. When the Sprinters entered the fleet the N reg Iveco Daily and the K reg Metrorider went in part exchange i seem to remember.
There was discussion a while back about YJ60GGF.

No idea if this is its normal allocation, but was on the Cardinal Hulme 880 tonight.
Looked in decent nick.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
YJ59GHO previously with Newbury and District. It will be re-registered to GO59WMS but operate initially in its black livery. Will be like having Lockey's back....
Is this Solo black with a red line across, if so this is probably the one I saw in Durham on the 52 today.
Site Administrator
(27 Oct 2014, 4:52 pm)Jimmi wrote Is this Solo black with a red line across, if so this is probably the one I saw in Durham on the 52 today.

Aye, it is. Still not keen on Weardale's scrolling destinations, mind.
Will upload a pic later tonight.
Orion Bluebird YX6 1BFO is now for sale at Plaxtons and i wonder if Plaxton Elite YN10 EOB is about to leave the fleet as it has had all its viynls removed for Insight Vacations.
(29 Oct 2014, 9:51 pm)RGR756V wrote YN10EOB has been on long term loan from Plaxton and should be gone this by the end of the week.

YN10EOB is now for Sale along a couple more former Weardale Coaches at Arriva Coach sales and i noticed SN12DNJ has now had its Insight Vacations viynls removed and its been doing the Wolsingham School runs lately bit of luxury compared to one of the Deckers Smile
Just acquired is T65JDB, a Scania L94/Irizar Century previously with Maynes of Manchester (IAZ4776). There is also another Dennis Javelin/Plaxton Prima acquired, but have not seen it yet. Weardale are looking to replace some older double deckers with high capacity coaches for use on scholars and private hires - the Irizar is a 70 seater.
I would say that the Dennis Javline Weardale have also bought from Plaxtons is former Thornes Independent R771WOB.As for the older Double Deckers two of the ECW bodied one have been stood at Frosterley for some time now so i guess they will not see seervice again.
(02 Dec 2014, 7:08 pm)BUSFAN wrote I would say that the Dennis Javline Weardale have also bought from Plaxtons is former Thornes Independent R771WOB.As for the older Double Deckers two of the ECW bodied one have been stood at Frosterley for some time now so i guess they will not see seervice again.

That would be it Busfan, he said it was ex-Thornes. The Irizar is off to Thorntons for a spruce-up
(02 Dec 2014, 7:18 pm)RGR756V wrote That would be it Busfan, he said it was ex-Thornes. The Irizar is off to Thorntons for a spruce-up

May ask have the Dennis and the Scania been painetd and returned to Weardale the Dennis is a very smart Coach and most firms would have just left it as it was very eye catching as it was. I am sure that  the Scania is only the second Irizar Bodied Coach Weardale have owned th other one was  Scania/PB in 2007.Any idea if YN11 AXK has gone back to Plaxton as not seen it for a while and was just needed for the busy summer season
(14 Dec 2014, 12:12 pm)BUSFAN wrote May ask have the Dennis and the Scania been painetd and returned to Weardale the Dennis is a very smart Coach and most firms would have just left it as it was very eye catching as it was. I am sure that  the Scania is only the second Irizar Bodied Coach Weardale have owned th other one was  Scania/PB in 2007.Any idea if YN11 AXK has gone back to Plaxton as not seen it for a while and was just needed for the busy summer season

Yes it has as it's for sale on Plaxtons website, along with YX61BFO which presumably went in part exchange for one of the newer coaches

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(14 Dec 2014, 3:22 pm)tyresmoke wrote Yes it has as it's for sale on Plaxtons website, along with YX61BFO which presumably went in part exchange for one of the newer coaches

Hi Bluebird YX61BFO was part traded for a 59 reg Solo
(18 Dec 2014, 5:09 pm)tyresmoke wrote YN54DDU confirmed as sold to Bells Coaches, Stamfordham
Cheers for the info  wonder if sister Coach YN54 DDX  also is now with Bells they came to Weardale as  a pair from a firm in Wales in the summer of 2011.