Menu

Pages (109)    124 25 26109   
Andreos1   29 Dec 2014, 11:11 am
By my quick reckoning (not sure of it exact duration between Shields and Sunderland), the PB will see its PVR, more or less double.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Michael   29 Dec 2014, 11:13 am
(29 Dec 2014, 11:11 am)Andreos1 wrote By my quick reckoning (not sure of it exact duration between Shields and Sunderland), the PB will see its PVR, more or less double.

Its a massive increase haha, some of the changes i wasn't expecting though, like the 82/82A and 83 ones.

Other than that the changes look good, now we know whats exactly happening. =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   29 Dec 2014, 11:15 am
(29 Dec 2014, 11:11 am)Andreos1 wrote By my quick reckoning (not sure of it exact duration between Shields and Sunderland), the PB will see its PVR, more or less double.

The PVR of service 20 is currently 12, but will increase to 20 vehicles, with plenty of layover time at each end and recovery time built into the timetable too. The PVR could quite easily have been increased to 18 vehicles, but Go North East (as I suggested quite a few weeks ago when concerns were raised about timekeeping issues) has built in lots of time for recovery.
Andreos1   29 Dec 2014, 11:18 am
A 10min frequency on a 2hr round trip between Sunderland and Durham, needs 12 (6x10mins x2) plus the extension to Shields, plus the vehicles needed to maintain frequency with extended layovers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   29 Dec 2014, 11:20 am
(29 Dec 2014, 11:15 am)Dan wrote The PVR of service 20 is currently 12, but will increase to 20 vehicles, with plenty of layover time at each end.

LMAO, bloody hell, they'll need a lot of purple paint then..... unless they get the Volvo B7RLE's from the Toonlink, although there's only 5, it means they only have to paint 3 red scania's but of course that can only happen if the Toonlink gets new buses.... 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   29 Dec 2014, 11:21 am
(29 Dec 2014, 11:20 am)Michael wrote LMAO, bloody hell, they'll need a lot of purple paint then..... unless they get the Volvo B7RLE's from the Toonlink, although there's only 5, it means they only have to paint 3 red scania's but of course that can only happen if the Toonlink gets new buses.... 

The Toon Link won't be getting any new buses before the end of this month!
Michael   29 Dec 2014, 11:22 am
(29 Dec 2014, 11:21 am)Dan wrote The Toon Link won't be getting any new buses before the end of this month!

Maybe in the future to replace the older Prince Bishops!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   29 Dec 2014, 11:25 am
(29 Dec 2014, 11:22 am)Michael wrote Maybe in the future to replace the older Prince Bishops!

Do remember that the 'older Prince Bishops' are equipped with more modern Euro 5 technology, whereas those Toon Link examples aren't! Tongue 

The examples which will join the current Prince Bishop allocation need to be Euro 5 - so Go North East needs to determine whether it's more cost-effective to repaint the Fast Cats allocation (also Euro 5) or to pay to retrofit more Scanias with Euro 5 technology themselves... If Go North East opts for the latter, I think service X36 will be dropped from the "Fast Cats" brand. It would seem that the X35/X36 services will no longer interwork, anyway.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
L469 YVK   29 Dec 2014, 11:37 am
If the Fab 56 PVR goes down by 1, do you think Riverside will get 6084 or 6099 / 6100?
Michael   29 Dec 2014, 11:37 am
(29 Dec 2014, 11:25 am)Dan wrote Do remember that the 'older Prince Bishops' are equipped with more modern Euro 5 technology, whereas those Toon Link examples aren't! Tongue 

The examples which will join the current Prince Bishop allocation need to be Euro 5 - so Go North East needs to determine whether it's more cost-effective to repaint the Fast Cats allocation (also Euro 5) or to pay to retrofit more Scanias with Euro 5 technology themselves... If Go North East opts for the latter, I think service X36 will be dropped from the "Fast Cats" brand. It would seem that the X35/X36 services will no longer interwork, anyway.

If the X36 is dropped from the Fast Cats brand, what do u think it will use Red Scania's?

That means around 5 Fast cat Scania's will become available, that means the prince bishops still needs 3 more euro 5 Scania's............ or it would of being easier if GNE just ordered new buses for the 20/20A! 

Deleted my last posts because u edited your's and i forgot to re-edit mine... 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Tom   29 Dec 2014, 11:38 am
(29 Dec 2014, 11:25 am)Dan wrote Do remember that the 'older Prince Bishops' are equipped with more modern Euro 5 technology, whereas those Toon Link examples aren't! Tongue 

Maybe the X36 will use Renowns?
Michael   29 Dec 2014, 11:39 am
(29 Dec 2014, 11:38 am)Tom wrote Maybe the X36 will use Renowns?

I bloody hope not, it will be the X3 all over again!!! Tongue 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   29 Dec 2014, 11:41 am
(29 Dec 2014, 11:39 am)Michael wrote Ye, 6100 will probables transfer over, with it being the highest non-branded B9 for the FAB 56, means they still have a branded spare for the 56 =). 

I bloody hope not, it will be the X3 all over again!!! Tongue 

No, 6100 will probably go to Percy Main.
Michael   29 Dec 2014, 11:42 am
(29 Dec 2014, 11:41 am)Tom wrote No, 6100 will probably go to Percy Main.

Opps i mis-read his post, i thought he said Percy main! 

Na i think only one will go and 6100 will go to Percy main for the Cobalt Clipper with the other 2 staying at Deptford for the 56. 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   29 Dec 2014, 11:43 am
(29 Dec 2014, 11:39 am)Michael wrote Ye, 6100 will probables transfer over, with it being the highest non-branded B9 for the FAB 56, means they still have a branded spare for the 56 =).

Deptford don't have any services which require tachographs, though.

Whilst Percy Main would benefit from an additional Volvo B9 to compensate for their increased Cobalt Clipper PVR earlier this year, Riverside would also benefit from an additional Volvo B9 because they face the same situation with the TEN (difference being that Riverside are having to allocate a Volvo B7 on a daily basis as part of the PVR)..
Michael   29 Dec 2014, 11:47 am
(29 Dec 2014, 11:43 am)Dan wrote Deptford don't have any services which require tachographs, though.

Whilst Percy Main would benefit from an additional Volvo B9 to compensate for their increased Cobalt Clipper PVR earlier this year, Riverside would also benefit from an additional Volvo B9 because they face the same situation with the TEN (difference being that Riverside are having to allocate a Volvo B7 on a daily basis as part of the PVR)..

Ye, i mis-read hes post, i thought it said Percy Main and not Riverside.... Tongue 

Well if 6099/6100 both transfer out then that leaves the FAB 56 with one spare.... do u think the FAB 56 could cope with the 1 spare? 

Edit: Think i haven't woke up this morning, loads of mistakes on my posts!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   29 Dec 2014, 11:49 am
(29 Dec 2014, 11:47 am)Michael wrote Ye, i mis-read hes post, i thought it said Percy Main and not Riverside.... Tongue 

Well if 6099/6100 both transfer out then that leaves the FAB 56 with one spare.... do u think the FAB 56 could work with the 1 spare? 

You've missed the point which I was getting at...

6084 is fitted with a tachograph - wouldn't it make sense for this vehicle to transfer to a depot which could do with having an extra vehicle which is fitted with a tachograph?
Michael   29 Dec 2014, 11:51 am
(29 Dec 2014, 11:49 am)Dan wrote You've missed the point which I was getting at...

6084 is fitted with a tachograph - wouldn't it make sense for this vehicle to transfer to a depot which could do with having an extra vehicle which is fitted with a tachograph?

Is it?, i didn't know any of Deptford's buses had a tachograph fitted :0 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   29 Dec 2014, 11:56 am
(29 Dec 2014, 11:51 am)Michael wrote Is it?, i didn't know any of Deptford's buses had a tachograph fitted :0 

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publica...llocation/

All buses marked with a 'T' are fitted with a tachograph.
Michael   29 Dec 2014, 12:01 pm
(29 Dec 2014, 11:56 am)Dan wrote http://www.simplygo.com/download/publica...llocation/

All buses marked with a 'T' are fitted with a tachograph.

I should check more often, always noticed it on other buses on the fleet allocation but not at Deptfords. 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
citaro5284   29 Dec 2014, 12:10 pm
With all these posts, you would think the changes for January had been posted somewhere  Tongue
nk55   29 Dec 2014, 12:36 pm
Surprised to see the 50 omitting ayton, sometimes pick a few up. Great to see the 21 will operate via the daytime route on evenings.
L469 YVK   29 Dec 2014, 12:49 pm
What would be the best thing to happen is:

Option 1:

- 6084 to Riverside in plain silver livery with GNE logo on windscreen and above passenger door and drivers cab window with the TTX "X" (not brand name or anything else) Vinyls painted on both sides of the vehicle in black. The vehicle could then be mainly allocated to the TEN in place of 3942 but if required, could also step in on the TTX like what 6071 does in fact, taking over the role of 6071 due of 6071 being branded for the TEN. 3942 would then be repainted into Northern red and transferred to Percy Main as a last resort Cobalt Clipper spare.

Option 2:
- This option deviates from the long term investment plan (gaining money back from a certain service that the vehicle was purchased for) and instead looks at route demands. 6084 as above would transfer to Riverside but purely for the TTX with 6117 joining from Percy Main but purely for the TEN. In turn, 3963 and 3942 could then transfer to Percy Main as spares but the only problem would be that if the current CC PVR of 16 ran into reliability issues (timekeeping) further down the line (been OK up to now) and GNE decided to with the exception of Sunday daytime, split the 309 / 310 so that they no longer inter work with the 310 / X39 running with a PVR of 7 and the 309 running with a PVR of 10 with 309 changeovers taking place in New York, Percy Main would then be short of a full specification vehicle for the Cobalt Clipper services.
Adrian   29 Dec 2014, 1:21 pm
(29 Dec 2014, 12:36 pm)nk55 wrote Surprised to see the 50 omitting ayton, sometimes pick a few up. Great to see the 21 will operate via the daytime route on evenings.
Me too. Whatever time of day I've used the 50, it's always picked up and dropped off there.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   29 Dec 2014, 1:51 pm
Ayton to/from the Galleries or Ayton to/from Chester?

If it's the Galleries, then the 82 (or whatever it is being called these days) will do the job.
If it's Chester, then punters can get a Buzzfare (not that I agree with making customers pay more).

It might help with reliability on the 50, with it missing Ayton out.

Jimmi   29 Dec 2014, 2:02 pm
(29 Dec 2014, 1:51 pm)Andreos1 wrote It might help with reliability on the 50, with it missing Ayton out.

Something needed to be done to the 50 to improve reliability, it often seems to be running late when I've seen / rode it, part of the reason the Arriva 62 runs the same route as the 50 between Framwellgate Moor and the Arnison Centre was because a more reliable service was wanted.
Dan   29 Dec 2014, 2:06 pm
(29 Dec 2014, 1:51 pm)Andreos1 wrote Ayton to/from the Galleries or Ayton to/from Chester?

If it's the Galleries, then the 82 (or whatever it is being called these days) will do the job.
If it's Chester, then punters can get a Buzzfare (not that I agree with making customers pay more).

Both directions.

Go North East stated on their website that the changes are being made to improve reliability, with the service operating direct between Lambton and Chester-le-Street. Haven't looked at the timetable, but I'm guessing the time saved by not serving Ayton will be used up in increased layover time and/or recovery time at a timing point mid-route.
nk55   29 Dec 2014, 2:19 pm
(29 Dec 2014, 2:06 pm)Dan wrote Both directions.

Go North East stated on their website that the changes are being made to improve reliability, with the service operating direct between Lambton and Chester-le-Street. Haven't looked at the timetable, but I'm guessing the time saved by not serving Ayton will be used up in increased layover time and/or recovery time at a timing point mid-route.

A quick look and it seems 1 extra minute at chester & concord.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   29 Dec 2014, 2:19 pm
(29 Dec 2014, 1:51 pm)Andreos1 wrote Ayton to/from the Galleries or Ayton to/from Chester?

The 50 should gain 4 to 5 Minutes by not serving Ayton which no doubt be used as Layover time along the Route to improve reliabillity, This change will also cause a few issues for a few of my Former Work Colleagues getting to Work in the near future as it removes the direct Service they currently have, this therefore means theyll either have to Walk to Lambton to get the 50 or alternatively get the 82/82A to Birtley then onto a 21 to Chester le Street, which also results in a 5 Minute Journey to Work becoming a lot longer than that.

As for the 82/82A Changes, I am 100% certain GNE have used an Idea I came up with a while back by operating the Service through Leam Lane to Heworth, rather than going down Felling Bypass, and I am pretty someone on here said GNE also used one of my Suggestions for the upcoming Sunderland changes also, might of been the Silksworth to Doxford Park link iirc.

#InfluencingChangeToYourBusServices
#HashtagsOnNEB
Dan   29 Dec 2014, 2:23 pm
(29 Dec 2014, 2:19 pm)Malarkey wrote As for the 82/82A Changes, I am 100% certain GNE have used an Idea I came up with a while back by operating the Service through Leam Lane to Heworth, rather than going down Felling Bypass, and I am pretty someone on here said GNE also used one of my Suggestions for the upcoming Sunderland changes also, might of been the Silksworth to Doxford Park link iirc.

#InfluencingChangeToYourBusServices
#HashtagsOnNEB

It goes without saying that if the company receives suggestions, they will review them. If a few customers are requesting the same thing, then it's obvious they need to look at whether the idea can feasibly be carried out or not.

I e-mailed the company to suggest an express service from Sunderland to Middlesbrough, after I put my ideas on here about re-routing one of the TTX services through Sunderland (probably just me wanting to ride the Volvo B9s on reflection), and look what came out in the end... Certainly had more luck with Go North East being responsive about looking at making service changes than Stagecoach!
Pages (109)    124 25 26109