You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015
There's a few timetables which still have the temp style, hopefully its done by Sunday.

Does anyone know if the new timetables are in travel shops yet?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Jan 2015, 6:13 pm)Michael wrote There's a few timetables which still have the temp style, hopefully its done by Sunday.

im in Sunderland tomorrow morning so ill have a butchers unless I forget.
(20 Jan 2015, 6:13 pm)Michael wrote There's a few timetables which still have the temp style, hopefully its done by Sunday.

New timetables weren't out in Park Lane yesterday when I was there (or they weren't where the current timetables are) much to my annoyance so I'm going to have to probably guess times when I head to Sunderland on Monday.

Managed to pick up a 61 timetable on the Laser Solar I rode on the 61 yesterday.
Dan do you know when the 35/35A/36 Citaro's will receive their branding... or the others de-branded ready to receive their new one?

Same as the 3 Versa's which need branded for the 2/2A and what will happen to the last 2, will they go else where or stay at Deptford?

(editing posts seems to be taking ages to)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
@Michael

My thoughts are that the de-branding process of "Laser" branded Mercedes Citaros 5298 - 5309 will commence from Saturday night and through Sunday. I cannot see any vehicles receiving branding this Sunday, as a large number of vehicles from multiple depots should be transferred around the region this Sunday ahead of the full PVR of the revised services coming into force on Monday.

Services 60 and 61 are to interwork on Sundays, using "Drifter" branded Streetlites. This means that silver Mercedes Citaros 5320 - 5324 will normally be kept indoors on Sundays, but I think that they'll be out in service this Sunday. I believe that the PVR of the Sunday 35A service is 7, so to allow 5298 - 5309 to be de-branded, it's possible that 5320 - 5324 plus two of the former "Silver Arrows" branded Mercedes Citaros (which are now in gold) will be allocated instead.

Far from confirmation, but just seems like the most obvious thing to do in my eyes.
I caught the 11:55 X85 from Corbridge into Newcastle (it was bang on time into Eldon Square, despite roadworks for traffic lights at Denton), and caught the X84 back - which was full when leaving Eldon Square @ 13:42 and on-time by Corbridge (again, despite the roadworks at Denton - and rookie driver under supervision).
Following on from Dan's post above, it is anticipated that the X66 Artic's will be withdrawn from Sunday/Monday, with 4 red rigid vehicles taking their place.
I shat myself when GNE reinstated 3814 at Stanley (notice marcus mentioned my hate for it Tongue ). As awful as it will be to see it and the other olympians (especially 3813) go, in 3814s case, it will be a good riddance too.
Perhaps you should just storm Stanley depot to kill 3814?

I mean, it isn't exactly going to be hard, it's basically a long garage filled with buses. Make sure 3813 is out in service and 3814 is in the depot. From my experience of looking through into Stanley depot, the Olympians tend to be at the back (any particular reason why?, I would have thought maybe if they come in from schools and aren't needed to be 'stacked' to go out early the next morning for mainstream service they may just be put at the back?) so just walk up the length of the depot and set 3814 on fire.

Any other ones you hate in there too, burn them in the compound. Ooh, and if you see any B10BLEs, please spare them.

They'll never take you alive.
I have the perfect plan. Since i don't like 4847 either, whilst killing 3814 i could steal a load of parts off 4847 then you could go and steal 4852 from Riverside, steal some lime green paint from Saltmeadows, attach the parts from 4847 and paint them green then we will both be happy. When you up for it?  Wink
(20 Jan 2015, 8:43 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote @Robert - we should hang out some time. Tongue

Get a few others in on it, maybe the mods, etc, and we'll outnumber the engineers at Riverside (they go around like platoons anyway!).

Two 'Lime' B10BLEs?? I'm in.
Can we steal 524 from Riverside as well, if so count me in also.
Don't think its been mentioned here, but 8329 was out in Service on 42's today Having been debranded. Why is this?
Not sure why 8329 bas being debranded, maybe the simplicity brand is getting updated, Citaro might tell us Smile
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(20 Jan 2015, 10:32 pm)Michael wrote Not sure why 8329 bas being debranded, maybe the simplicity brand is getting updated, Citaro might tease us to the point that we are going wild with frustration and jumping around like monkeys trying to figure it out Smile

Well said, Michael. Tongue
(20 Jan 2015, 10:23 pm)Drifter60 wrote Don't think its been mentioned here, but 8329 was out in Service on 42's today Having been debranded. Why is this?

Maybe it is not required at Deptford anymore...
They could of just sent one of the ones which is already de-branded... would of seemed easier... Tongue

Citaro will the Simplicity brand stay the same or will it get a new design?

I did expect at least 1 to leave Deptford.. either for Washington or Chester.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
@Michael
There is a reason why this Versa has been chosen, along with another one...time will tell and once you see them on the road next week, you may have one of your good guesses!!

Unsure about a new design, not my Department I am afraid.
(20 Jan 2015, 10:49 pm)citaro5284 wrote @Michael
There is a reason why this Versa has been chosen, along with another one...time will tell and once you see them on the road next week, you may have one of your good guesses!!

Unsure about a new design, not my Department I am afraid.

Toon Link upgrade possibly. They are the correct colour already