You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015

Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015
(25 Jan 2015, 1:28 pm)Andreos1 wrote Very rarely see photos from Chester Road by the uni or Durham Road by the metro station.

Could have the sun behind you at this time of day for vehicles leaving Sunderland.
You mustn't browse my photostream enough!
Just looking the new Deptford allocations, quite glad the 38 now has slightly bigger buses, will the 2 East Durham branded MPD's at Deptford be de-branded?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(25 Jan 2015, 1:34 pm)Dan wrote You mustn't browse my photostream enough!
FTAO: Jimmi - don't bother with Chester Rd/Uni. Sun is too low, meaning you have the shadows of the buildings intruding. I've just tried and failed, so heading further up Chester Rd...
(25 Jan 2015, 1:40 pm)Michael wrote Just looking the new Deptford allocations, quite glad the 38 now has slightly bigger buses, will the 2 East Durham branded MPD's at Deptford be de-branded?
Hopefully, but as none of the Laser branded Mercs have been de-branded (apart from 5308), don't expect it done any time soon. Undecided
(25 Jan 2015, 1:44 pm)Dan wrote FTAO: Jimmi - don't bother with Chester Rd/Uni. Sun is too low, meaning you have the shadows of the buildings intruding. I've just tried and failed, so heading further up Chester Rd...
Hopefully, but as none of the Laser branded Mercs have been de-branded (apart from 5308), don't expect it done any time soon. Undecided

Hmm i think it may cause some confusion tomorrow! 

Looking forward to having a Versa to Washington in the morning! 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(23 Jan 2015, 5:49 pm)Dan wrote Certainly had the displays programmed prior to entering service...
https://flic.kr/p/qUy582

Quick note to say that I'll update our fleet lists on Sunday - just so I can update everything at once opposed to bit by bit.

Hmm, might have just forgot to turn the displays on? Tongue
Site Administrator
(25 Jan 2015, 12:52 pm)Andreos1 wrote Someone may need to check out the wash.
It certainly hasn't been cold enough for it to freeze and those two are going around breaking DDA (can't make out rear blind) and Road Traffic Act/Highway Code rules (can't make out reg plates).

The one yesterday afternoon, was on the 8. No way could that muck have built up in a day.
The 78 this morning, couldn't have accumulated that amount of muck this morning.
Just incase someone is wondering how I could tell which route they were on, they were spotted at Picktree and near the Riverside.

4853 (the only branded Lime out today) must have had a wash since this morning when you saw it.......
.jpg 20150125_140305.jpg
(25 Jan 2015, 12:44 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote 4853/54/55 are all still holding out at Chester.

4850/51/52 are all dead.

Knew Marcus would know all about them Lime B10's  Tongue
(25 Jan 2015, 12:51 pm)IYTom wrote Currently on 5303 on the 35A - passengers seem to be confused as to where it is going, with people letting it go, or asking where it is going.

I knew this would happen. Terrible communication not all people have the Internet. All changes should at least have been put in Sunderland Echo and shields gazette not just refer to online
Brand is damaged
(25 Jan 2015, 2:50 pm)Dan wrote Malarkey making use of that sun calculator, I see! Wink
Indeed I did.
(25 Jan 2015, 2:54 pm)Acky81 wrote I knew this would happen. Terrible communication not all people have the Internet. All changes should at least have been put in Sunderland Echo and shields gazette not just refer to online
Brand is damaged
The changes have been displayed on board Buses for weeks on end prior to today and GNE also did a face to face Consultation in Park Lane to inform passengers of Service Changes, along with them being noted on Simplygo.com, GNE have also on daily basis shared a link on the Social Media Pages to make passengers aware, can you really argue that GNE havent done enough to promote these changes.
(25 Jan 2015, 2:54 pm)Acky81 wrote I knew this would happen. Terrible communication not all people have the Internet. All changes should at least have been put in Sunderland Echo and shields gazette not just refer to online
Brand is damaged

In fairness the changes have been on buses, even the 61 had a notice up saying Changes, so imagine other buses did too. Leaflets were online, all changes described & people like the echo have access to the changes anyways. 
(25 Jan 2015, 2:59 pm)Malarkey wrote The changes have been displayed on board Buses for weeks on end prior to today and GNE also did a face to face Consultation in Park Lane to inform passengers of Service Changes, along with them being noted on Simplygo.com, GNE have also on daily basis shared a link on the Social Media Pages to make passengers aware, can you really argue that GNE havent done enough to promote these changes.

And you can't forget the complaint about the Laser changes in the Shields Gazette because they were losing the direct link from South Tyneside to the Sunderland Hospital, which would of made people more aware of changes coming up.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(25 Jan 2015, 2:59 pm)Malarkey wrote The changes have been displayed on board Buses for weeks on end prior to today and GNE also did a face to face Consultation in Park Lane to inform passengers of Service Changes, along with them being noted on Simplygo.com, GNE have also on daily basis shared a link on the Social Media Pages to make passengers aware, can you really argue that GNE havent done enough to promote these changes.

I can't account for Durham County Council's efforts, but it's a shame that Nexus has not been a little bit more proactive in doing their bit with these service changes! The main timing points for services have had their bus stop timetables updated (Park Lane, Houghton-le-Spring, etc) but the normal stops in between haven't. This isn't an issue with not having gotten around to printing them out and pinning the new ones up - the online versions of the bus stop timetables haven't yet been updated!

I'd imagine that Nexus would have received copies of the revised timetables when VOSA accepted them, and the fact that things haven't been updated for today comes across as laziness in my eyes. I bet Go North East ends up getting the backlash of angry customers complaining about the bus stops having outdated timetables, when they can't help this at all...
I think people are more likely to notice a newspaper advert than a poster on a bus which is normally behind the drivers cab. The non Debranding is a disgrace totally confusing for all passengers. The go north east stand about changes from what I remember was a shambles. We all no nexus are very slow at Changing timetables watch out for the yellow stickers!! I noticed this morning that on ryhope road bus stop flags had 42 and 29 removed towards the city centre but no 2 or 2a labelled up doubling the work yet again
Site Administrator
(25 Jan 2015, 3:15 pm)Acky81 wrote I think people are more likely to notice a newspaper advert than a poster on a bus which is normally behind the drivers cab. The non Debranding is a disgrace totally confusing for all passengers. The go north east stand about changes from what I remember was a shambles. We all no nexus are very slow at Changing timetables watch out for the yellow stickers!! I noticed this morning that on ryhope road bus stop flags had 42 and 29 removed towards the city centre but no 2 or 2a labelled up doubling the work yet again

Better than what we've got in Monkwearmouth - all bus stop timetables and bus stop signs show the likes of 29 and 35 opposed to the revised routes...
Before somebody else does, the Laser tab has been removed from the GNE website, the SA is and any others that are due to be removed are still there as the X66 tab has only moved 1 along since i last looked.
All the signs are wrong everywhere it seems, is there still one that says the X3 near Tesco.

I find it stupid that the 60/61 has been a mix of silver Citaro's and Drifter StreetLite's so some journeys on the 60 won't be getting their enhanced features: WiFi, charging, announcements.
(25 Jan 2015, 3:44 pm)Robert wrote Before somebody else does, the Laser tab has been removed from the GNE website, the SA is and any others that are due to be removed are still there as the X66 tab has only moved 1 along since i last looked.

Sorry your a tad late, i reported it this morning Tongue 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(25 Jan 2015, 3:46 pm)Jimmi wrote All the signs are wrong everywhere it seems, is there still one that says the X3 near Tesco.

I find it stupid that the 60/61 has been a mix of silver Citaro's and Drifter StreetLite's so some journeys on the 60 won't be getting their enhanced features: WiFi, charging, announcements.

Like most bus stop's NEXUS cba, whats its gonna be like if they do take over.... half arsed job on updating bus stops... there links to the bus stations haven't being updated for ages on their site..... 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
They had new timetables by mine for the 17 up on Friday - that's how much of a shambles they are.
(25 Jan 2015, 3:49 pm)Tom wrote They had new timetables by mine for the 17 up on Friday - that's how much of a shambles they are.

Some bus stops has being done, which asks the questions why can't they update them all, they could have done them all day today....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(25 Jan 2015, 3:46 pm)Jimmi wrote All the signs are wrong everywhere it seems, is there still one that says the X3 near Tesco.

Correct - there is! If I can be bothered to walk up the bank towards Tesco on Newcastle Rd tomorrow, I'll upload a photo. Tongue 

Sundays will see the interworking of services 60 and 61, with the latter being upgraded to a 20-minute frequency, to provide a combined 10-minute frequency between Sunderland and Ryhope on Sunday. Both services have a combined PVR of 7 vehicles, with 6 vehicles being made up of "Drifter" branded Streetlites and the remaining vehicle being made up by a silver Mercedes Citaro. I believe this allows any necessary maintenance to be undertaken on the two "Drifter" branded Streetlites which remain in the depot, so weekday operations are more likely to have a full branded vehicle allocation.
(25 Jan 2015, 3:53 pm)Dan wrote Correct - there is! If I can be bothered to walk up the bank towards Tesco on Newcastle Rd tomorrow, I'll upload a photo. Tongue 

Think I got one when I went up that way the other week. Can't remember why I didn't upload the photos I took up there on Flickr.
(25 Jan 2015, 3:46 pm)Michael wrote Sorry your a tad late, i reported it this morning Tongue 
What is interesting is that the "Silver Arrows" Tab now only has details for the 2/2A, and the "Simplicity" Tab only has details for the 61 with the 42 having been removed.
Site Administrator
Photos from today, depicting new Sunday allocations and new/revised services.

[Image: 16362329371_f709740c95.jpg]Go North East: 5303 / NK08CHJ by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

[Image: 16362333691_a37cb11b03.jpg]Go North East: 4954 / NL02ZRX by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

[Image: 16176866918_946f4966e2.jpg]Go North East: 8324 / NK11FXG by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

[Image: 16178604277_b202f927d2.jpg]Go North East: 8271 / NK54NKZ by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

[Image: 16363594902_9c662e3e5a.jpg]Go North East: 5323 / NK58DVZ by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

[Image: 15744520003_f4af305ab1.jpg]Go North East: 5373 / NL63XBD by danielgrahamm, on Flickr
(25 Jan 2015, 3:05 pm)Dan wrote I can't account for Durham County Council's efforts, but it's a shame that Nexus has not been a little bit more proactive in doing their bit with these service changes! The main timing points for services have had their bus stop timetables updated (Park Lane, Houghton-le-Spring, etc) but the normal stops in between haven't. This isn't an issue with not having gotten around to printing them out and pinning the new ones up - the online versions of the bus stop timetables haven't yet been updated!

I'd imagine that Nexus would have received copies of the revised timetables when VOSA accepted them, and the fact that things haven't been updated for today comes across as laziness in my eyes. I bet Go North East ends up getting the backlash of angry customers complaining about the bus stops having outdated timetables, when they can't help this at all...

DCC have updated the timetable at Dalton Park.
(25 Jan 2015, 3:46 pm)Michael wrote Sorry your a tad late, i reported it this morning Tongue 
Sorry can you provide a link to the post? This morning i had a look through all posts which had been posted overnight and today so far and yours wasnt one of them which is why i decided to post it.