Menu

Pages (23)    1 2 323   
S813 FVK   01 Feb 2015, 6:55 pm
I like the lolynes too. I cant say i have many buses that i hate but i dont like the B7 Presidents and Vykings and i would like to say i dont like the omnicities either.
Davie   01 Feb 2015, 7:25 pm
(01 Feb 2015, 6:55 pm)Robert wrote I like the lolynes too. I cant say i have many buses that i hate but i dont like the B7 Presidents and Vykings and i would like to say i dont like the omnicities either.

Robert, I thought I was the only bus enthusiasts who had that opinion
gtom   01 Feb 2015, 7:59 pm
Passenger wise I preferred the Lolynes when they were on the 21 to the current kit. I struggle with the legroom on the B7s (aside that driver side seat behind the stairs)

I don't find the B5's particularly comfortable at all tbh. I particularly hate the back 'mini row' on them

I quite liked the Vykings and they probably would have been more popular if they hadn't have persisted with the 2 door policy that never ever worked
nk55   01 Feb 2015, 8:03 pm
The dual door B7s couldn't be converted to single door because the ramp is located at the centre door and if i remember its either down to the fact the area near the front door wasn't wide enough to allow a wheelchair through or the cost.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Kuyoyo   01 Feb 2015, 8:04 pm
(01 Feb 2015, 7:59 pm)gtom wrote Passenger wise I preferred the Lolynes when they were on the 21 to the current kit.  I struggle with the legroom on the B7s (aside that driver side seat behind the stairs)

I don't find the B5's particularly comfortable at all tbh.  I particularly hate the back 'mini row' on them

I quite liked the Vykings and they probably would have been more popular if they hadn't have persisted with the 2 door policy that never ever worked

If they'd had to covert them to single door, I don't think they would have come here - given the quoted cost of their refurbishment without the single door conversion (£20k a vehicle).
Adrian   01 Feb 2015, 8:16 pm
(01 Feb 2015, 7:59 pm)gtom wrote Passenger wise I preferred the Lolynes when they were on the 21 to the current kit.  I struggle with the legroom on the B7s (aside that driver side seat behind the stairs)

I don't find the B5's particularly comfortable at all tbh.  I particularly hate the back 'mini row' on them

See, I think the Geminis are comfortable, and I can seem to sit anywhere without struggling for leg room. I can't say the same about Lolynes or the ex-London Presidents. On the latter, I always end up with pins and needles in my legs on longer journeys, due to how cramped the spacing between seats can be. 

The Vykings were alright, but again, the legroom is pretty poor. I used to try and sit either side of the first raised seats on the lower deck, but found you always slid off the seats, due to a mixture of the seating style and heavy braking.

The two door policy wouldn't have been so bad, if they were a) supported by the council in terms of infrastructure, and b) people understood the basics of a one way system.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
gtom   01 Feb 2015, 8:36 pm
(01 Feb 2015, 8:16 pm)aureolin wrote The two door policy wouldn't have been so bad, if they were a) supported by the council in terms of infrastructure, and b) people understood the basics of a one way system.

The infrastructure was there from Gateshead Council, can't speak for the rest. They retrofitted a lot of bus stops
Adrian   01 Feb 2015, 8:40 pm
(01 Feb 2015, 8:36 pm)gtom wrote The infrastructure was there from Gateshead Council, can't speak for the rest.  They retrofitted a lot of bus stops

Durham had quite a few stops where the stickers appeared, which led to quite a bit confusion. You often had people queueing up at the middle doors to get off, only to be told to go out the front doors. 

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
gtom   01 Feb 2015, 9:00 pm
(01 Feb 2015, 8:40 pm)aureolin wrote Durham had quite a few stops where the stickers appeared, which led to quite a bit confusion. You often had people queueing up at the middle doors to get off, only to be told to go out the front doors. 

Oddly enough the only time I was ever told to get off at the middle doors was on an X22 working!
R852 PRG   01 Feb 2015, 9:10 pm
(01 Feb 2015, 8:16 pm)aureolin wrote See, I think the Geminis are comfortable, and I can seem to sit anywhere without struggling for leg room. I can't say the same about Lolynes or the ex-London Presidents. On the latter, I always end up with pins and needles in my legs on longer journeys, due to how cramped the spacing between seats can be. 

The Vykings were alright, but again, the legroom is pretty poor. I used to try and sit either side of the first raised seats on the lower deck, but found you always slid off the seats, due to a mixture of the seating style and heavy braking.

The two door policy wouldn't have been so bad, if they were a) supported by the council in terms of infrastructure, and b) people understood the basics of a one way system.

I think Vykings are alright for short hops. I wouldn't like to drive one on one of those 4 hour 21 boards! Wink
L469 YVK   01 Feb 2015, 9:26 pm
What route will the Streetdeck be going on if it comes to GNE for a demo? At the moment, it's painted silver. Would be a good opportunity to put it to the test on the full TEN particularly between Crawcrook and Hexham fully loaded with a 5 litre engine along the Tyne Valley. Would certainly be interesting.
S813 FVK   01 Feb 2015, 9:28 pm
(01 Feb 2015, 9:26 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote What route will the Streetdeck be going on if it comes to GNE for a demo? At the moment, it's painted silver. Would be a good opportunity to put it to the test on the full TEN particularly between Greenside and Hexham fully loaded with a 5 litre engine along the Tyne Valley. Would certainly be interesting.

It is coming to GNE as their 9119. I think it has been said that it will act as a direct comparison to the Volvo B5TL Wright Gemini 3 that they had last year.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
L469 YVK   01 Feb 2015, 9:32 pm
(01 Feb 2015, 9:28 pm)Robert wrote It is coming to GNE as their 9119. I think it has been said that it will act as a direct comparison to the Volvo B5TL Wright Gemini 3 that they had last year.

Shame, mind you though, they could stick a Tacho in it and send it up and down the A19 all day for a month!
S813 FVK   01 Feb 2015, 9:32 pm
Scania L94UA Wright Solar Fusion 4953 (NK51 OLV) has supposedly been sold to Alpha or a scrapyard of some sort.
Diamond One   02 Feb 2015, 12:27 pm
Any repaint news? Sure Dan will notify us eg 6024 has arrived at Saltmeadows for a repaint into cooperate livery
Diamond One   02 Feb 2015, 1:38 pm
A further Optare Versa has been transferred from Deptford to Riverside - 8328: NK11 HBC. As reported last week, the remaining Scania artics, 4950 and 4951, have been withdrawn.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   02 Feb 2015, 1:55 pm
(02 Feb 2015, 1:38 pm)Racer_Experience wrote A further Optare Versa has been transferred from Deptford to Riverside - 8328: NK11 HBC. As reported last week, the remaining Scania artics, 4950 and 4951, have been withdrawn.
Quick Copy and Paste off Simplygo.com there Bazza.
tyresmoke   02 Feb 2015, 2:17 pm
(02 Feb 2015, 1:55 pm)Malarkey wrote Quick Copy and Paste off Simplygo.com there Bazza.

The only thing I look forward to on a Monday....

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Dan   02 Feb 2015, 2:20 pm
(02 Feb 2015, 12:27 pm)Racer_Experience wrote Any repaint news? Sure Dan will notify us eg 6024 has arrived at Saltmeadows for a repaint into cooperate livery

Actually, we do!

Deptford-based former "SimpliCity" branded Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8320 (NK11 FXC) has arrived at Saltmeadows for repaint. I'm fairly sure that it will come out in a fresh coat of purple paint, but whether Versas 8306 - 8309 and 8319 - 8327 gain "SimpliCity" branding again is another matter and possibly one to speculate on. Is "SimpliCity" an appropriate brand name for services 2/2A or could services 2/2A be receiving another brand name instead? Let's hope they don't carry a coat of purple paint for 12 months without being branded!

(02 Feb 2015, 1:38 pm)Racer_Experience wrote A further Optare Versa has been transferred from Deptford to Riverside - 8328: NK11 HBC. As reported last week, the remaining Scania artics, 4950 and 4951, have been withdrawn.

Riverside currently has one less spare bus than they'd usually have. They are to receive a Scania L94UB/Wright Solar vehicle from Washington, though it is currently VOR itself or is covering for other examples which are VOR at Washington.

It's also worth noting that Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4907, which was recently involved in an incident at Washington, has entered service again at Chester-le-Street. It is on "Lime" services 8/78 today.
Malarkey   02 Feb 2015, 2:48 pm
(02 Feb 2015, 2:20 pm)Dan wrote Actually, we do!

Deptford-based former "SimpliCity" branded Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8320 (NK11 FXC) has arrived at Saltmeadows for repaint. I'm fairly sure that it will come out in a fresh coat of purple paint, but whether Versas 8306 - 8309 and 8319 - 8327 gain "SimpliCity" branding again is another matter and possibly one to speculate on. Is "SimpliCity" an appropriate brand name for services 2/2A or could services 2/2A be receiving another brand name instead? Let's hope they don't carry a coat of purple paint for 12 months without being branded!

Riverside currently has one less spare bus than they'd usually have. They are to receive a Scania L94UB/Wright Solar vehicle from Washington, though it is currently VOR itself or is covering for other examples which are VOR at Washington.

It's also worth noting that Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4907, which was recently involved in an incident at Washington, has entered service again at Chester-le-Street. It is on "Lime" services 8/78 today.
Still got a feeling that the Versas are a Temporary Allocation to the 2/2A, But if they are Permanent then I hope 8320 comes out the paint shop in a different colour as I dont think "SimpliCity" suits the 2/2A, Would be better suited to the 33/33A/38 and 39.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   02 Feb 2015, 2:51 pm
(02 Feb 2015, 2:48 pm)Malarkey wrote Still got a feeling that the Versas are a Temporary Allocation to the 2/2A, But if they are Permanent then I hope 8320 comes out the paint shop in a different colour as I dont think "SimpliCity" suits the 2/2A, Would be better suited to the 33/33A/38 and 39.

As 8306 - 8309 and 8319 were repainted purple at the back end of 2013 and these vehicles are now allocated to services 2/2A, I cannot see them being repainted again, hence my earlier suggestion that 8320 - 8327 will emerge from the paintshop in purple too.

The real question is whether the "SimpliCity" brand name will be retained on this purple base coat or not...
Malarkey   02 Feb 2015, 2:57 pm
(02 Feb 2015, 2:51 pm)Dan wrote As 8306 - 8309 and 8319 were repainted purple at the back end of 2013 and these vehicles are now allocated to services 2/2A, I cannot see them being repainted again, hence my earlier suggestion that 8320 - 8327 will emerge from the paintshop in purple too.

The real question is whether the "SimpliCity" brand name will be retained on this purple base coat or not...
Only time will tell Dan, I bloody miss those Citaros as 8306 to 8309 are Horrible.
S813 FVK   02 Feb 2015, 5:03 pm
I should know this but do services 706/707 still operate off Stand E in Stanley Bus Station or have they moved? I only ask because Stand E is the stand used for all services operated by independents (Hunters 713) apart from a few years ago when Stanley Travel operated service MC1 between Lancester and Newcastle - one stand for each direction. Think the MC2 was the same too.
GuyParkRoyal   02 Feb 2015, 5:08 pm
(02 Feb 2015, 5:03 pm)Robert wrote I should know this but do services 706/707 still operate off Stand E in Stanley Bus Station or have they moved? I only ask because Stand E is the stand used for all services operated by independents (Hunters 713) apart from a few years ago when Stanley Travel operated service MC1 between Lancester and Newcastle - one stand for each direction. Think the MC2 was the same too.

Yes the 706/707 still uses the same stand as the Hunters 713.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
S813 FVK   02 Feb 2015, 5:10 pm
(02 Feb 2015, 5:08 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote Yes the 706/707 still uses the same stand as the Hunters 713.

Thanks. Blush
L469 YVK   02 Feb 2015, 5:55 pm
What is the reliability like on the 56 now since the frequency drop? Seen a few complaints here and there but it seems to be OK otherwise.
Dan   02 Feb 2015, 5:57 pm
(02 Feb 2015, 5:55 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote What is the reliability like on the 56 now since the frequency drop? Seen a few complaints here and there but it seems to be OK otherwise.

Was a bit of a nightmare the other night when something happened near Nissan. Aside from that, I generally see two buses in Park Lane at the same time these days. One laying over, and one loading up, and that's what should be happening as the arrival/departure times from Park Lane are the same.
a718abb   02 Feb 2015, 6:02 pm
(01 Feb 2015, 6:14 pm)Michael wrote You can't beat the B10's though, the ones which are/were on the Lime =D

I'll be sorry to see the B10BLE's go. I was just starting to work for GNE as a driver in summer 2000 when the W-RBB and X-WGR batches were delivered. When they were new they were a lovely comfortable bus to drive (It goes without saying that they were streets ahead of the DAF and Dennis Dart). Some examples are still a decent drive, but like anything, there are the bad apples. The end of an era.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   02 Feb 2015, 6:03 pm
(02 Feb 2015, 2:51 pm)Dan wrote The real question is whether the "SimpliCity" brand name will be retained on this purple base coat or not...

If they don't, it'd make me wonder why they've went to the expense of branding the new timetables as 'Simplicity'.

Michael   02 Feb 2015, 6:04 pm
(02 Feb 2015, 5:57 pm)Dan wrote Was a bit of a nightmare the other night when something happened near Nissan. Aside from that, I generally see two buses in Park Lane at the same time these days. One laying over, and one loading up, and that's what should be happening as the arrival/departure times from Park Lane are the same.

Do you ever think it will go back to every 10 minutes once all of the Nissan roadworks are complete?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Pages (23)    1 2 323