Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

What's annoying you today? V2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (135) Previous 1105 106 107135 Next
MurdnunoC

10 Feb 2015, 9:05 pm #2,101
(10 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm)MarcTheA4 Was called an extreme sexist by my design teacher...

We have been doing sewing for a month now, and I just can't grasp it. I was getting frustrated so I said 'My mam can sew, my grandma can, but my dad can't and neither can I - so it seems to be more of a talent with females rather than males'...her response 'that's extremely sexist, go before I lose it with you.

F***ing emo.

She has a point though.

If you were to join the army, or to become a medical doctor, you would have to learn to sew.

MurdnunoC
10 Feb 2015, 9:05 pm #2,101

(10 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm)MarcTheA4 Was called an extreme sexist by my design teacher...

We have been doing sewing for a month now, and I just can't grasp it. I was getting frustrated so I said 'My mam can sew, my grandma can, but my dad can't and neither can I - so it seems to be more of a talent with females rather than males'...her response 'that's extremely sexist, go before I lose it with you.

F***ing emo.

She has a point though.

If you were to join the army, or to become a medical doctor, you would have to learn to sew.

10 Feb 2015, 9:13 pm #2,102
(10 Feb 2015, 9:05 pm)MurdnunoC She has a point though.

Fair enough, but she seemed to overreact. I was quiet when I said it, not as though I shouted it across the classroom. I only said it to her and not the whole class in a big discussion.

'Go before I lose it with you'...it's not like I was saying it specifically offend her, God...I feel like women seriously overreact to even the mildest of sexism...even when it isn't intended!

And I don't think I would be suited to either of those occupations.
Edited 10 Feb 2015, 9:14 pm by R852 PRG.
R852 PRG
10 Feb 2015, 9:13 pm #2,102

(10 Feb 2015, 9:05 pm)MurdnunoC She has a point though.

Fair enough, but she seemed to overreact. I was quiet when I said it, not as though I shouted it across the classroom. I only said it to her and not the whole class in a big discussion.

'Go before I lose it with you'...it's not like I was saying it specifically offend her, God...I feel like women seriously overreact to even the mildest of sexism...even when it isn't intended!

mb134

10 Feb 2015, 9:16 pm #2,103
This really annoys me, an absolutely obscene amount of money, that could be far better spent elsewhere. Maybe to fund medical research, to save lives in less developed countries with clean water etc.  Angry
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31357409
mb134
10 Feb 2015, 9:16 pm #2,103

This really annoys me, an absolutely obscene amount of money, that could be far better spent elsewhere. Maybe to fund medical research, to save lives in less developed countries with clean water etc.  Angry
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31357409

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Feb 2015, 9:22 pm #2,104
(10 Feb 2015, 9:13 pm)MarcTheA4 Fair enough, but she seemed to overreact. I was quiet when I said it, not as though I shouted it across the classroom. I only said it to her and not the whole class in a big discussion.

Whatever context you said it in does not take away the fact you did say it, and nabbed saying it, I feel it may be a bit of an over reaction by your teacher, and some people will play the Sexism Card very quickly, in the same way people use the race card in supposed racist incidents.

Just be careful what you say in future, and think before anything passes your lips Big Grin
MrFozz
10 Feb 2015, 9:22 pm #2,104

(10 Feb 2015, 9:13 pm)MarcTheA4 Fair enough, but she seemed to overreact. I was quiet when I said it, not as though I shouted it across the classroom. I only said it to her and not the whole class in a big discussion.

Whatever context you said it in does not take away the fact you did say it, and nabbed saying it, I feel it may be a bit of an over reaction by your teacher, and some people will play the Sexism Card very quickly, in the same way people use the race card in supposed racist incidents.

Just be careful what you say in future, and think before anything passes your lips Big Grin

10 Feb 2015, 9:28 pm #2,105
(10 Feb 2015, 9:22 pm)MrFozz Whatever context you said it in does not take away the fact you did say it, and nabbed saying it, I feel it may be a bit of an over reaction by your teacher, and some people will play the Sexism Card very quickly, in the same way people use the race card in supposed racist incidents.

I feel like 'extreme sexist' was a bit much...

*People* (better not say women, that'll cause an international crisis!!) always play the sexism card, specially that gender.

Why have freedom of speech when you can't say things that someone will dismiss as either sexist or racist? Seriously, why? Some say there's 'freedom of speech' then taking advantage of it, I feel like getting a dictionary flicking it through to 'freedom' and shoving it in their eyes so they can see!!
R852 PRG
10 Feb 2015, 9:28 pm #2,105

(10 Feb 2015, 9:22 pm)MrFozz Whatever context you said it in does not take away the fact you did say it, and nabbed saying it, I feel it may be a bit of an over reaction by your teacher, and some people will play the Sexism Card very quickly, in the same way people use the race card in supposed racist incidents.

I feel like 'extreme sexist' was a bit much...

*People* (better not say women, that'll cause an international crisis!!) always play the sexism card, specially that gender.

Why have freedom of speech when you can't say things that someone will dismiss as either sexist or racist? Seriously, why? Some say there's 'freedom of speech' then taking advantage of it, I feel like getting a dictionary flicking it through to 'freedom' and shoving it in their eyes so they can see!!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Feb 2015, 9:41 pm #2,106
(10 Feb 2015, 9:28 pm)MarcTheA4 I feel like 'extreme sexist' was a bit much...

Calling you an extreme sexist is a bit OTT I must say, but ultimately, whether you like it or not, it is a sexist remark

There is free speech and there is going over the top, If I run round calling people p**i or n****r or use words like Kike or Yid and saying derogatory things about minorities, I will be called out for racism/anti-semitism regardless of whether I have a right to free speech or not...

It is an easy card to play as words can very easy be taken out of context, just see it as a lesson learnt and think about what you say...

I myself have been known to put my foot in it at times, I was racist to a shopowner once when I was 14 and drunk, he did not say anything, he chased me, grabbed hold of me and broke my foot, now thats extreme Big Grin
MrFozz
10 Feb 2015, 9:41 pm #2,106

(10 Feb 2015, 9:28 pm)MarcTheA4 I feel like 'extreme sexist' was a bit much...

Calling you an extreme sexist is a bit OTT I must say, but ultimately, whether you like it or not, it is a sexist remark

There is free speech and there is going over the top, If I run round calling people p**i or n****r or use words like Kike or Yid and saying derogatory things about minorities, I will be called out for racism/anti-semitism regardless of whether I have a right to free speech or not...

It is an easy card to play as words can very easy be taken out of context, just see it as a lesson learnt and think about what you say...

I myself have been known to put my foot in it at times, I was racist to a shopowner once when I was 14 and drunk, he did not say anything, he chased me, grabbed hold of me and broke my foot, now thats extreme Big Grin

10 Feb 2015, 10:00 pm #2,107
(10 Feb 2015, 9:41 pm)MrFozz Calling you an extreme sexist is a bit OTT I must say, but ultimately, whether you like it or not, it is a sexist remark

Okay. Thanks Fozz. Smile She's a b**** to begin with though, she's really friendly to some but then she's awful to others. I don't know what it is about me but some teachers just see me as a painful cheeky prick who puts on a 'posh voice' to sound smarter than I am...
R852 PRG
10 Feb 2015, 10:00 pm #2,107

(10 Feb 2015, 9:41 pm)MrFozz Calling you an extreme sexist is a bit OTT I must say, but ultimately, whether you like it or not, it is a sexist remark

Okay. Thanks Fozz. Smile She's a b**** to begin with though, she's really friendly to some but then she's awful to others. I don't know what it is about me but some teachers just see me as a painful cheeky prick who puts on a 'posh voice' to sound smarter than I am...

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Feb 2015, 10:07 pm #2,108
(10 Feb 2015, 10:00 pm)MarcTheA4 Okay. Thanks Fozz. Smile She's a b**** to begin with though, she's really friendly to some but then she's awful to others. I don't know what it is about me but some teachers just see me as a painful cheeky prick who puts on a 'posh voice' to sound smarter than I am...
I always found it can be the tone of your voice, if you have a 'posh' accent, I know people who think 'posh' people are arrogant, cocky and up there own arses, and people mis-interpret what you say by taking your words out of context...If you supposedly put a posh voice on, then you must be very good at it, I fine people who try to speak almost certainly cannot keep it up for long and will always slip back into there own accent
MrFozz
10 Feb 2015, 10:07 pm #2,108

(10 Feb 2015, 10:00 pm)MarcTheA4 Okay. Thanks Fozz. Smile She's a b**** to begin with though, she's really friendly to some but then she's awful to others. I don't know what it is about me but some teachers just see me as a painful cheeky prick who puts on a 'posh voice' to sound smarter than I am...
I always found it can be the tone of your voice, if you have a 'posh' accent, I know people who think 'posh' people are arrogant, cocky and up there own arses, and people mis-interpret what you say by taking your words out of context...If you supposedly put a posh voice on, then you must be very good at it, I fine people who try to speak almost certainly cannot keep it up for long and will always slip back into there own accent

10 Feb 2015, 10:10 pm #2,109
(10 Feb 2015, 10:07 pm)MrFozz I always found it can be the tone of your voice, if you have a 'posh' accent, I know people who think 'posh' people are arrogant, cocky and up there own arses, and people mis-interpret what you say by taking your words out of context...If you supposedly put a posh voice on, then you must be very good at it, I fine people who try to speak almost certainly cannot keep it up for long and will always slip back into there own accent

I do live in a nice area as I've said before, and obviously secondary school can change your dialect through seeing the way over people talk...so sometimes I do throw on a bit of a North Eastern hint to my voice, although it is mainly pretty well-spoken. Perhaps Tom can vouch for my voice sounded, when we met up - can you tell me how I sounded? Tongue

So yeah, I would say I have a well-spoken manner of speaking most of the time - just when I say 'aye' rather than yes or yeah people tend to think I slip up.
R852 PRG
10 Feb 2015, 10:10 pm #2,109

(10 Feb 2015, 10:07 pm)MrFozz I always found it can be the tone of your voice, if you have a 'posh' accent, I know people who think 'posh' people are arrogant, cocky and up there own arses, and people mis-interpret what you say by taking your words out of context...If you supposedly put a posh voice on, then you must be very good at it, I fine people who try to speak almost certainly cannot keep it up for long and will always slip back into there own accent

I do live in a nice area as I've said before, and obviously secondary school can change your dialect through seeing the way over people talk...so sometimes I do throw on a bit of a North Eastern hint to my voice, although it is mainly pretty well-spoken. Perhaps Tom can vouch for my voice sounded, when we met up - can you tell me how I sounded? Tongue

So yeah, I would say I have a well-spoken manner of speaking most of the time - just when I say 'aye' rather than yes or yeah people tend to think I slip up.

Andreos1

11 Feb 2015, 11:27 am #2,110
Not really annoying, but more frustrating more than anything else.

Haven't long been back from the doctors.

I was asked if I wouldn't mind seeing a student nurse. Struggling to hide the excitement, I replied "of course not".

Not sure I was able to hide my disappointment when a bloke in an unironed shirt walked in...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
11 Feb 2015, 11:27 am #2,110

Not really annoying, but more frustrating more than anything else.

I was asked if I wouldn't mind seeing a student nurse. Struggling to hide the excitement, I replied "of course not".

Not sure I was able to hide my disappointment when a bloke in an unironed shirt walked in...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Michael

11 Feb 2015, 11:38 am #2,111
(11 Feb 2015, 11:27 am)Andreos1 Not really annoying, but more frustrating more than anything else.

Hahaha, that's unlucky

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Feb 2015, 11:38 am #2,111

(11 Feb 2015, 11:27 am)Andreos1 Not really annoying, but more frustrating more than anything else.

Hahaha, that's unlucky

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

11 Feb 2015, 11:44 am #2,112

The way to pronounce male nurses is "MALE NURSES!"
Jimmi
11 Feb 2015, 11:44 am #2,112

The way to pronounce male nurses is "MALE NURSES!"

Davie

Banned

11 Feb 2015, 9:10 pm #2,113
I'm watching Chelsea vs Everton and it is by far one of the worst football matches I've ever seen
Davie
11 Feb 2015, 9:10 pm #2,113

I'm watching Chelsea vs Everton and it is by far one of the worst football matches I've ever seen

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

12 Feb 2015, 12:49 pm #2,114
Does anyone else think this driver is showing me his sign language skills

[Image: b07ca5824016d65c346fe7793fa52228.jpg]

One thing that annoys me is ignorance and arseholes
MrFozz
12 Feb 2015, 12:49 pm #2,114

Does anyone else think this driver is showing me his sign language skills

12 Feb 2015, 1:01 pm #2,115
(12 Feb 2015, 12:49 pm)MrFozz Does anyone else think this driver is showing me his sign language skills

Scratching an itch or possibly taking his badge of the wayfarer?
omnicity4659
12 Feb 2015, 1:01 pm #2,115

(12 Feb 2015, 12:49 pm)MrFozz Does anyone else think this driver is showing me his sign language skills

Scratching an itch or possibly taking his badge of the wayfarer?

Davie

Banned

12 Feb 2015, 1:01 pm #2,116

Last year when me and Lee went to Carlisle (the first time) A Stagecoach Cumbria bus driver swore at him
Edited 12 Feb 2015, 1:11 pm by Davie.
Davie
12 Feb 2015, 1:01 pm #2,116

Last year when me and Lee went to Carlisle (the first time) A Stagecoach Cumbria bus driver swore at him

12 Feb 2015, 1:03 pm #2,117
(12 Feb 2015, 1:01 pm)Davie Last year when me and Lee went to Carlisle (the first time) A Stagecoach Cumbria swore at him

A bus swore at him? Do you mean a bus driver swore at him?

Get him to publish the photo in the "Have you ever..." thread.
omnicity4659
12 Feb 2015, 1:03 pm #2,117

(12 Feb 2015, 1:01 pm)Davie Last year when me and Lee went to Carlisle (the first time) A Stagecoach Cumbria swore at him

A bus swore at him? Do you mean a bus driver swore at him?

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

12 Feb 2015, 1:04 pm #2,118
(12 Feb 2015, 1:01 pm)Tommy_1581 Scratching an itch or possibly taking his badge of the wayfarer?

I have been told where to go by a few drivers in the past, one even threatened to run me over in Durham Bus Station about 15 years ago Big Grin

When I took that photo this morning I just noticed his hand out the corner of my eye actually thought he was flipping me off or calling me a wanker
Edited 12 Feb 2015, 1:04 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
12 Feb 2015, 1:04 pm #2,118

(12 Feb 2015, 1:01 pm)Tommy_1581 Scratching an itch or possibly taking his badge of the wayfarer?

I have been told where to go by a few drivers in the past, one even threatened to run me over in Durham Bus Station about 15 years ago Big Grin

When I took that photo this morning I just noticed his hand out the corner of my eye actually thought he was flipping me off or calling me a wanker

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

12 Feb 2015, 1:06 pm #2,119
(12 Feb 2015, 1:03 pm)Tommy_1581 A bus swore at him? Do you mean a bus driver swore at him?

One of those vehicles that has a voice when reversing 'please stand clear' or something only this time it said 'Lee, will you fuck off'
MrFozz
12 Feb 2015, 1:06 pm #2,119

(12 Feb 2015, 1:03 pm)Tommy_1581 A bus swore at him? Do you mean a bus driver swore at him?

One of those vehicles that has a voice when reversing 'please stand clear' or something only this time it said 'Lee, will you fuck off'

12 Feb 2015, 1:11 pm #2,120
(12 Feb 2015, 1:04 pm)MrFozz I have been told where to go by a few drivers in the past, one even threatened to run me over in Durham Bus Station about 15 years ago Big Grin

Or he might be calling you a tosser?

I've currently got one Ashington driver who argues with me and flips the V in all my photos, I've told him that I can blur his face out, if I publish it to the Internet.
omnicity4659
12 Feb 2015, 1:11 pm #2,120

(12 Feb 2015, 1:04 pm)MrFozz I have been told where to go by a few drivers in the past, one even threatened to run me over in Durham Bus Station about 15 years ago Big Grin

Or he might be calling you a tosser?

I've currently got one Ashington driver who argues with me and flips the V in all my photos, I've told him that I can blur his face out, if I publish it to the Internet.

Pages (135) Previous 1105 106 107135 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average