You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions
(04 Feb 2015, 12:36 pm)Michael wrote Hopefully GNE release details of the new orders soon, as in which routes will get new buses...

(05 Feb 2015, 3:32 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Aye, still wondering what the new buses and the livery are going to be for the X66...
Just going have to keep on wondering for the next 3 to 4 Weeks until the first Vehicle arrives, as I highly doubt we will here anything beforehand.
(30 Dec 2014, 7:47 pm)citaro5284 wrote I am led to believe that some new vehicles will be getting delivered between March and May.

As to the make, model, livery and brand.....let the guessing commence  Tongue

(11 Jan 2015, 8:31 am)citaro5284 wrote The vehicles will have white LED destinations all round (front will be the same as 5390) with a proper destination in the rear as opposed to a number only and the bulk of them will be made to normal GNE specification.

Just a little bit more info, the vehicles will be fitted with a Cummins Engine, so that is a couple of makes discounted  Angel
(08 Feb 2015, 7:01 pm)citaro5284 wrote Just a little bit more info, the vehicles will be fitted with a Cummins Engine, so that is a couple of makes discounted  Angel
Well that can only mean one thing, more Streetlites, Versas, Solos and maybe some Enviro 400MMCs.
(08 Feb 2015, 7:01 pm)citaro5284 wrote Just a little bit more info, the vehicles will be fitted with a Cummins Engine, so that is a couple of makes discounted  Angel

I can't remember if DaveyBowyer wanted cummins Engines, if so he'll be happy!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 Feb 2015, 7:19 pm)Malarkey wrote Well that can only mean one thing, more Streetlites, Versas, Solos and maybe some Enviro 400MMCs.

Woo more Streetlites... i can't be the only person to like them?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 Feb 2015, 7:22 pm)Michael wrote Woo more Streetlites... i can't be the only person to like them?

I think they are alright, they seem to perform alright on Arriva's tougher routes like the X3/X3A/X4/4. Don't love them though.
(08 Feb 2015, 7:19 pm)Malarkey wrote Well that can only mean one thing, more Streetlites, Versas, Solos and maybe some Enviro 400MMCs.

At least we cleared up what vehicles are coming then...

So how did we get to Streetlites, what about Versa's?
(08 Feb 2015, 7:27 pm)Jimmi wrote I think they are alright, they seem to perform alright on Arriva's tougher routes like the X3/X3A/X4/4. Don't love them though.
I know I said they were like a Cadet with a Facelift, but after having a ride on one of the ones on the 5/5A from Guisborough to Middlesbrough which I really enjoyed and few journeys from Gateshead to Saltwell Road on the 53/54 to my Dads friends house, I have to say they are growing on me.
(08 Feb 2015, 7:34 pm)citaro5284 wrote At least we cleared up what vehicles are coming then...
Dont fancy being a Diamond and telling us what Services they will be for then do you?
I don't mind Cummins Engines for town and city work but a big no no for hilly, endurance, rural and express routes. I don't think Cummins engined MMCs will be on the cards unless they're doing the Toon Limk services this year with ECUs being remapped.
Site Administrator
(08 Feb 2015, 7:39 pm)Malarkey wrote Dont fancy being a Diamond and telling us what Services they will be for then do you?

He'll sour to us if we keep asking for information...
(08 Feb 2015, 7:41 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote I don't mind Cummins Engines for town and city work but a big no no for hilly, endurance, rural and express routes. I don't think Cummins engined MMCs will be on the cards unless they're doing the Toon Limk services this year with ECUs being remapped.

Instead of just slagging them off, get out of Tyneside, get down to Teesside and try out a Streetlite on the X3/X3a/X4/5/5a and then comment about it - you'll change your tune.
(08 Feb 2015, 7:42 pm)Dan wrote He'll sour to us if we keep asking for information...

Was merely a tongue and cheek comment, but citaro5284 shouldnt be such a tease.
(08 Feb 2015, 7:39 pm)Malarkey wrote Dont fancy being a Diamond and telling us what Services they will be for then do you?

Trust me, I ain't nee Diamond  Angel or Angel for that matter!
(08 Feb 2015, 7:41 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote I don't mind Cummins Engines for town and city work but a big no no for hilly, endurance, rural and express routes. I don't think Cummins engined MMCs will be on the cards unless they're doing the Toon Limk services this year with ECUs being remapped.
7532 and 7517 have completely changed my opinion on Cummins engined buses in recent weeks, both flew around the X18 route, taking most hills like they weren't there!
But why are some of Blyth's 61 reg (Jan 2012) Cummins ISBe 6.7 engined Pulsar Geminis in such a state with some already needing engine rebuilds and replacements even though they were only on the 308 for their first year and 1/4 yet, Washington's 11 reg Volvo D9B engined Eclipse Geminis have had no engine issues even carrying full loads between Newcastle and Washington Galleries climbing out of Gateshead towards Wrekenton up Old Durham Road and being thrashed on the Washington Highway when the drivers need to make up time.
(08 Feb 2015, 8:14 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote But why are some of Blyth's 61 reg (Jan 2012) Cummins ISBe 6.7 engined Pulsar Geminis  in such a state with some already needing engine rebuilds and replacements even though they were only on the 308 for their first year and 1/4 yet, Washington's 11 reg Volvo D9B engined Eclipse Geminis have had no engine issues even carrying full loads between Newcastle and Washington Galleries climbing out of Gateshead towards Wrekenton up Old Durham Road and being thrashed on the Washington Highway when the drivers need to make up time.
Could it be more down to how good depots look after their vehicles? 

For example, Ashington clearly looked after 7511-13 a lot better than Redcar looked after 7501-4
I hope when new orders arrive.... Deptford receive some cascaded Omnicty's, if any of the current Omnicty routes are getting new buses Tongue

Edit: Although it's unlikely! =( 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Feb 2015, 2:39 pm)Davie wrote Although I think this is very unlikely, I'd quite like to see Versas on the Coaster

I think they would look good in Coaster blue.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I'm trying to decipher if the Angel is getting anything more suitable (imo yes I know some of you love hybrids more than life itself)

GNE might actually up their game with X2 going MAX
(11 Feb 2015, 2:48 pm)gtom wrote I'm trying to decipher if the Angel is getting anything more suitable (imo yes I know some of you love hybrids more than life itself)

Can't imagine the 21 will get any new buses, although I could be wrong.

Don't imagine MAX will be much of a threat to GNE.
(11 Feb 2015, 2:48 pm)gtom wrote I'm trying to decipher if the Angel is getting anything more suitable (imo yes I know some of you love hybrids more than life itself)

I would hope so, with the angel being a flagship route the buses aren't very good, iv'e being on the hybrids a few times (not from the area's it goes through so its rare) but the few times iv'e being on them iv'e hated the ride.

E400MCC's on the 21/X21 might be a good move Tongue , Least the Hybrids can be moved else where to get rid of some more non DDA buses.

Least then it would have a full allocation of the same buses! 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Feb 2015, 2:54 pm)Jimmi wrote Can't imagine the 21 will get any new buses, although I could be wrong.

Don't imagine MAX will be much of a threat to GNE.

I dunno, X2 loadings seem to be growing and with decent marketing and more publicity around stopping points they could do well. The 21 ain't a popular service but if you speak to anyone the last time it was reliable was back in the 90s during the Classic 21 vs the Northern 221 wars

(11 Feb 2015, 2:55 pm)Michael wrote I would hope so, with the angel being a flagship route the buses aren't very good, iv'e being on the hybrids a few times (not from the area's it goes through so its rare) but the few times iv'e being on them iv'e hated the ride.

E400MCC's on the 21/X21 might be a good move Tongue , Least the Hybrids can be moved else where to get rid of some more non DDA buses.

Least then it would have a full allocation of the same buses! 

They lack oomph (as we like to say on here) but I don't find 'em that comfortable at all.
(11 Feb 2015, 2:59 pm)gtom wrote I dunno, X2 loadings seem to be growing and with decent marketing and more publicity around stopping points they could do well.  The 21 ain't a popular service but if you speak to anyone the last time it was reliable was back in the 90s during the Classic 21 vs the Northern 221 wars

They lack oomph (as we like to say on here)  but I don't find 'em that comfortable at all.

I'd rather have a Vyking and that's saying alot! 

Maybe during the week i might an all-zones ticket and head out and about. 

I haven't used Arriva's MAX and Sapphire buses yet, 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Feb 2015, 2:59 pm)gtom wrote I dunno, X2 loadings seem to be growing and with decent marketing and more publicity around stopping points they could do well. The 21 ain't a popular service but if you speak to anyone the last time it was reliable was back in the 90s during the Classic 21 vs the Northern 221 wars

They lack oomph (as we like to say on here) but I don't find 'em that comfortable at all.

I would like to see the passenger numbers on the X2 grow as I think the X2 is a decent service and it also allows me to get to/from Gateshead and Newcastle without needing to change operators.

Hopefully with good marketing the X2 passenger numbers will grow and more people should be made aware of it. The weekday 1555 X2 from Newcastle often seems to be carrying a decent load.

I'll be honest I don't love the hybrids, yes they may be quiet but they don't feel that smooth to ride. Although the main reason I won't ride them is because they are on service 21, the last time I used the 21 at least one journey disappeared and it took just under an hour to get to Newcastle from Chester! Because we stopped at almost every bloody stop, after this I have vowed never to get on another 21 except for short hops and on an evening where there is no alternative bus.